Redesign is not always better Technically, the app does what it has to do: Monitor the sensors and give advice about the required actions to keep the plants alive. The time taken for updating the information is high and if you have a lot of sensors you can better make sure you have at least one cup of coffee near you. And what I miss, and this was available in the old app, is an overview of the required actions for the next week for all plants in just one window.
Terrifying firmware upgrade process keeps failing! Seriously, this firmware upgrade process is absolutely the worst. Even though the device is connected, and I'm not moving, with my phone a meter away from the device, the process still fails constantly after 3 to 4 percent. WTH!
New firmware fixes problem. Updates are fast and the new app UI is a great improvement. Love the new graphs which show the danger levels. Dinged one star as the firmware issue will have bricked FlowerPowers for anyone who doesn't have access to an iOS device to fix. (Side comment: found customer support from "Pogo" to be particularly good - even to the extent of sending me two new devices when mine became flaky).
So this was a great app. Then the update. The sensor no longer can detect soil moisture. I have cleaned it, put in a new battery, changed the pot it in even. Still no soil. You broke it.. This is up to $90 at some stores. For something this expensive for ONE, you would think you could get your act together and have it work. It did before. I am at the point of removing it, and finding a new sensor to work with.
Was fine, now completely broken Have two Flower Powers which have been working fine for months. Recently updated Android to 7, and Flower Power app at the same time. Can still log into My Garden, and the app can see the two devices, but claims both need a firmware update, which seems to timeout (spends an age at 0%, then says replace battery/move closer). So now can't update firmware or see plant data, so completely useless.
Updates After Firmware update it had soil contact, but after the app update it has no soil contact. Either way I have sent my logs
Compatible with the Parrot Pot.
Fix crash at startup.