St. Anthony`s Sr. Secondary School, Hauz Khas, New Delhi is an unaided Christian Minority Institution. It is owned by the Institute of the Franciscan Clarist Missionaries of the Most Blessed Sacrament, a body registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI 1860 and having its office at Clara Niwas, Kalu Sarai, New Delhi – 110016. The Institute runs English/Vernacular – medium Schools, Orphanages, Dispensaries, Home for the aged, Working Girl’s Hostel and other Welfare centres in various parts of the country, especially in the remotest hinterlands. This is run by the Franciscan Sisters’ Trust for Education.
The school began on January 5, 1970 with 50 students on roll, and it has progressed extensively within a short span. It was affiliated to the C.B.S.E in 1974, Ever since, it has been securing positions and merits in the Board Examinations, achieving hundred per cent result. At present the school has 2000 students on roll.
It was founded by Rev. Mother Benigna Gastaldon, an Italian nun who worked in India from 1928-94. It was opened as a branch of St. Anthony’s Sr. Secondary School, Paharganj, of which she was the foundress. She was awarded ‘the Knight Commander of the Order of the Star of the Italian Solidarity’ by the Italian Government in 1974, for her service in India and ‘the Florentine Lily’ by the Florence Province of Italy for her outstanding humanitarian work and for her ideals of love and service for the emancipation of the girl child.
Education Vision of the Franciscan Clarist Sisters of the Most Blessed Sacrament
The Institute of the Franciscan Clarist Sisters of the Most Blessed Sacrament, founded by Mother Seraphina Farolfi in 1898, is a religious Society committed to :-
1. The education of the young with a preferential option for the poor, the marginalized and the underprivileged in the slum/interior rural areas.
2. The care of the orphaned/destitute children, working girls from lower income group and lonely old women.
3. The service of the sick especially in the remote regions.