Croatia is a small, tourist country with beautiful, indented coast and 1246 islands, 8 national parks and 11 nature parks. Its beauty has already attracted the Europeans, and now it is attracting people from all over the world. Although it has a population of a little more than 4 million, Croatia has over 60 autochthonous wine varieties thanks to a long history of wine production dating from around 300 years B.C.
The application shall give the numbers and interesting facts about Croatian wine production, give information on wine events in Croatia and in the world, teach some basic rules on how to taste wines and pair them with food and help you with a little gastronomy dictionary in English, German and Italian to be well informed when in Croatian restaurants. The Cro-wine application also offers a place where you can leave your personal wine reviews available only to you. But, the most important part of the application is a wine list of Croatian wines recommended by a four-time winner, Croatian sommelier who has participated on numerous world and European sommelier championships. There are several criteria in choosing wine: according to food, wine type, region, variety, autochthony or price. The user gets all the technical information about the chosen wine, label picture, description, recommendation for pairing with food, awards that the wine won, web page of the winery as well as the link to the web shop in case there is the possibility to buy wine online.
Apart from autochthonous wine varieties, special attention on the Cro-wine app is given to traditional food. All the traditional meals have a short description next to their names.
The application is aimed to Croatian tourists, and all the others who wish to know more about this important part of Croatian culture.
The Paso Robles wine growing region features rolling hills spotted with live oak trees nestled amongst vineyards and agricultural landscapes.
This application shows you the location and information about wineries, farms, olive oil production, roadside food stands, and some of our favorite restaurants in California's Central Coast.
- Includes a local database of over 200 wineries, olive oil tasting, farm stands and farms with tours, food providers, and restaurants
- Data is not downloaded from a website so Internet connection is not required though is needed for Google Map updating.
- Map data is cached to allow touring in areas without internet service.
- Filter by type of locations (Winery, Olive Oil, Farm, or Food)
- Approximate distance from location to current position is shown. *Location services required.
- Detailed view with information about the location. You can also launch the map application to get directions, check the website, call, or send email.
We rely on user feedback to improve the data and add new locations.
* Note: Since many of the back roads in Paso Robles are out of cell phone range, make sure and view the maps of the area in the Application while you are within coverage. That way the map will be in the memory cache while you are driving around. The application stores all the contact and address information locally but does rely on Google maps for map updating.
Map your journey at the event by filtering through the attending Producers and Importers by wine variety, region or tasting. This update also provides you with the current event schedule, Food Fare, Live Auction Preview and so much more that will help enhance your experience at the upcoming event. Not able to attend the event, this app is the perfect key to many wonderful worldly Rhône wines so use this when at a wine shop, restaurant or when talking Rhône wines with friends. Listed below is an outline of what this update has in store.
Works on Android Devices
- 2012 Event Schedule
- Artisan Food Purveyors
- Live Auction Preview
- Producer and Importer updates with Rhône wines being poured
- Maps: World and Event Venue
- Filtering Options by Wine Region