Ever been somewhere only to learn later that a friend or colleague was nearby? Maybe in an airport, or at a sporting event, or on a business trip? And those are just the situations you happen to find out about, but it has probably happened much more often than you ever knew.
In Range Contacts is designed to let you know when those situations exist so you can seize the opportunities!
Just as important, each person’s location info is ALWAYS PRIVATE and is not shared when learning a friend or colleague is nearby. Try us out – the FIRST YEAR IS FREE, so invite and connect in the app with family, friends, and colleagues and watch it work!
THREE EASY STEPS FOR USING IN RANGE CONTACTS:
1. Scroll thru your contacts in the app and invite those to connect who you’d like to be notified about when they are nearby.
2. Invite your contacts to connect in the app.
3. Customize distances for notifications with each connection by using the slide bar endpoints to easily set ranges. You receive private push notifications when those contacts enter the ranges YOU set.
… it’s that simple, and it’s FREE for a year!
For example, if Pam has connected with her friend Mark using In Range Contacts. Pam would like to be notified whenever Mark is within a 0-5 mile range. Mark chooses to allow his location to be used by the app to generate push notification(s) with Pam. When Mark enters within 5 miles of Pam, her phone displays a simple notification “Mark is within 5 mi of your location”.
That’s it. Nothing more.
We maintain only 1 location data point for our app to function - that's it. In no way do we share even that data point with anyone. In other words, we are NOT tracking or divulging your personal movements like so many apps and networks are doing that you don’t even know about!
We just want to help connect you with friends & colleagues in a private, unobtrusive manner where you each can set your interest in learning when the other is nearby. All you get is a notification when they are in the distance range YOU set for each of them. What you do after that is up to you.
You receive private push notifications only when those contacts enter ranges YOU set.
Your first year is FREE so you can connect with others and be amazed at how easy, private, and cool this app really is. After 1 yr, there is a $2.99 annual in-app purchase that lets you maintain the lower end of all contact ranges below 30 miles (or 50 km’s).
Other useful features:
a. One touch off and on for allowing your location to be used by the app.
b. Global on/off settings.
c. Won’t drain your battery due to its innovative functionality.
d. Imports your phone’s contacts so you can easily INVITE those YOU wish to connect with in the app.
• Push notifications are received when your connections are within range and both of you allow them to happen.
• Ranges can be set in miles or kilometers (km) between 0 and 100 miles (160 km). The default setting during the 1 year FREE trial period is 0 - 15 miles (25 kms).
• Turn off sending or receiving notifications when you don’t wish for a person to know you are in their range, or vice versa. Can also be done globally for all connections.
• User-friendly and intuitive range-setting slide bar feature for individual contact and global customization.
• Easy to access and straightforward invitation status and notification screens.
• First-time user screen gives icon explanations, but can also be viewed in Settings -> User Features.
• For In Range Contacts to function properly, the location sending feature must be “on” (see teardrop icon in the upper right corner of screen). In your phone’s “Settings” > "In Range Contacts" > "Location" - we recommend setting to Allow Location Access “Always” to avoid false notifications.
• Questions or Concerns? Please feel free to contact us at Support@InRangeContacts.com, or through the "Contact Us" on our website at www.InRangeContacts.com