*HOW THIS APP CAN HELP YOU
Whether you're in Hong Kong for a few days or a few years, this App will help you make the most of your time. Want to save money on museum admissions or transportation, dine al fresco, or do some hiking with a bit of history and historic sights thrown in? This App can point you in the right direction. There are cool links to websites and home pages, giving you quick access to restaurant information (some restaurants even let you make reservations online), to more in-depth history for specific places and sights, and to useful planning tools like ferry schedules to Lantau to see the famous Big Buddha. There are photos--more than 1,000 of them--that convey the essence of Hong Kong and help guide you in your decisions on what to see and do, as well as maps (available also offline) showing the location of every recommendation in this App. Of course, this App can't claim to cover EVERYTHING in Hong Kong, but it can get you to all the major and minor sights, as well as restaurants and bars worth seeking out, recommended by a travel writer who has been covering Hong Kong for more than 20 years (as opposed to someone gathering information from websites and guidebooks instead of researching it firsthand). And as you navigate your way confidently around Hong Kong, Hong Kong Explorations in hand, you're sure to come across your own discoveries in your explorations of this remarkable, fascinating destination. Isn't that what travel is about?
★ About the Author ★
Beth Reiber’s career as a freelance travel writer has spanned more than three decades and has included four years living in Germany and three years in Tokyo. Her first trip to Hong Kong was in 1983, when she decided that eating dim sum for breakfast, catching the Star Ferry across Victoria Harbour, shopping for bargains at Stanley Market, and winding down the day with happy hour at a British pub was decidedly her cup of tea.
She wrote the 1st edition of Frommer’s Hong Kong more than 20 years ago and has been updating it ever since, chronicling Hong Kong’s transformation from a British colony to one of China’s most dynamic destinations. She has been interviewed on a local Hong Kong radio station and also covers Hong Kong for Frommer's China.
Besides Hong Kong, she is also the author of Frommer's Japan, Frommer's Tokyo and Branson & Beyond Traveler app. For her many years writing about Japan, she was named by the Japanese government as a Visit Japan Ambassador, the only recipient living in the United States awarded the honorary title.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to enrich their visit and get your kids excited about London?
Introducing Kids Discover London - a unique guide for exploring London, full of entertaining and interesting content designed especially for kids.
**Available in 6 languages: English, Chinese, German, French, Hebrew, and Russian!
**More than 45 minutes of content!
London is a remarkable place, and you can always discover something new. With Kids Discover London, your children can learn about the city and its places of interests, get involved in planning what to do, and gain interesting and useful knowledge that will enrich their visit!
Our audio story can be listened to for nearly 45 minutes - featuring interesting and engaging facts about the history of London, its attractions and so much more! Let your children dive into London and appreciate everything it has to offer from your fingertips! Suitable for listening everywhere - in the car, during the flight, or even as a bedtime story before travelling.
**Contains 7 parts:
Part 1 – The UK
Part 2 – History
Part 3 – London Attractions
Part 4 – Kids attractions
Part 5 – Just outside London
Part 6- Funny and interesting
Kids Discover London gives your children a third eye when exploring the rich-historical values of London - discover facts about different famous attractions, explore exciting bites of information and uncover exactly why so many people want to visit London!
Kids Discover London is perfect for children aged 7-15, but we assure you that adults will enjoy and learn a lot too!
Discover more about London - with Kids Discover London, the ultimate guide for kids to discover everything London has to offer. Listen to the first part of the audio story for free! other parts can be purchased as in-apps.
- Nearly 45 minutes of exciting content for you to listen to!
- Enrich your children's visit with funny and interesting content especially created for young audience!
- Teach your children more about London before they visit the city!
- Featuring information about the history of London, the main attractions and so much more!
There are so many places, people and stories to discover, here’s just a few of them featured in Kids Discover London:
Tower Bridge, Westminster Palace, Regent Park, House of Tudor, Buckingham Palace, Leeds Castle, LEGOLAND, Warner Bros. Tour, Greenwich Park, London Eye, Regent Canal, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Globe Theatre, Hamley's store, Natural History Museum, Big Ben, British Museum, Oxford City, Magna Carta, Henry VIII, Hampton Court, Queen Victoria, William the Conqueror, Tower of London, Julius Caesar, House of Lancaster, Queen Elizabeth II, Vikings, Science Museum, Oliver Cromwell, Guy Fawkes, Oxford Street, Windsor Castle, Covent Garden, Maritime Museum, Union Jack, House of York, Westminster Abbey, White Cliffs of Dover, Hadrian's Wall, and much more…
Expand your children knowledge on the UK and the countries it comprised of: England, Wales, Scotland and north Ireland. Let your kids explore wonderful places such as London attractions, parks, museums, castles, and other famous points of interests. Use Kids Discover London guide to get your kids involved in planning their visit in London.
Whether you travel with children, visit England as a family, or travel with school or other kids, Kids Discover London is the perfect app to start preparation for the London experience!
First theme park wait time application launched on the android market place. Join a fast growing community of theme park goers sharing wait times. Our Ride Hopper application also shares submitted wait times across android and other smart phones we support.
Wait times are submitted by you the user and all submissions are only accepted if you are in the theme park.
Hours of operation and Show times available for selected theme parks.
Disney's California Adventure
Walt Disney World
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Islands of Adventure
Knott's Berry Farm
Six Flags St. Louis
Six Flags New England
Six Flags Over Georgia
Six Flags Over Texas
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Sea World, Seaworld
- View and submit ride wait times. Universal Studios Hollywood wait times are updated live from the parks but you can still submit a time.
- View and submit wait times for single rider and express lines (when applicable).
- View and submit show times.
- View Park Open/Close Times.
- Check-in/out of rides. Stopwatch tracks wait time.
- Sort rides by name or wait time.
- Select your favorite rides. View them separately.
- Recent parks list for quick access.
- GPS aware. Wait times are only submitted by people in the park.
- Estimates based on season, popularity, etc.
- Malicious users are blacklisted and prevented from submitting times.
Try our free version with ads.
With more than 600 free, detailed and mapped walking guides (April 2015) and counting, the iFootpath App, along with its partner website iFootpath.com, has been created to inspire people to get out and enjoy beautiful walks across the UK.
iFootpath is made for walking, and only for walking. From town trails to riverside strolls and countryside rambles, we are building a library of walks for everyone to enjoy - be it alone, with your dog or with family and friends.
iFootpath is different. Of course it does provide the ability to collect, edit and share GPS trail data but that's only the start. The walking guides are beautifully presented and enhanced with richer information optimised for walkers - descriptions, turn by turn instructions, photos, historical notes, maps showing the GPS trail, what to see along the way and the author’s insight into what makes each walk great.
Key features include:
EXPLORE (The walk library is still growing. UK walk availability varies regionally. Please check the website for coverage details)
- Download walking guides from the store (all free) to take with you
- Find walks near your current location or by name, walk length or county
- Your walking experience is facilitated and enhanced with photographs, turn by turn instructions, descriptions of the area, historical notes and points of interest
- Avoid any wrong turns by following your real time progress along the walking route on the live map
- Works even without mobile signal coverage as walking guides are stored on your phone
- Add your own photos and comments about the walk
- Track your own walking route using your phone’s GPS capability and the intuitive iFootpath tracker
- See your route drawn live on the map while you are on the move
- Keep tracking your route while using other apps or phone functions
- Add waypoints to break your walk into sections and help walkers navigate and find key landmarks & points of interest
- Upload your route to iFootpath.com where you can use the bespoke visual GPS editor to correct any errors, add additional waypoints, reorder waypoints or extend the track to perfect your route
- Add photos and descriptions on the website and then share with the iFootpath community, family and friends
Continued running of GPS in background can dramatically reduce battery life
iFootpath is based in the UK and is currently UK only
For full details visit iFootpath.com.
Any questions or feedback email email@example.com
The App is divided into 3 handy sections:
• The home screen can be accessed by pressing the Alton Towers Resort logo.
• Once you connect to the Internet, here you will see all the latest information, events and features scrolling across your screen.
• You can find out more information by tapping on a feature.
• Here you can see the latest queue times for your favourite rides.
• If you are at the Resort you will get the most accurate queue times.
• You can set alerts to pop up on your phone if you’d like to be alerted when a queue time changes – simply tap the ride and follow the instructions.
• Connect your device to the Internet to see our latest offers.
• Offers are split into online offers and on-Resort offers.
• Look out for exclusive App offers.
• Some offers will require you to show your phone at the till – be sure to show your phone before your order is placed.
Download this official app to chart your progress as you brave six of the UK’s biggest rollercoasters… Ride The Smiler, Air, Nemesis, Rita, TH13TEEN and Oblivion in one day to earn yourself an exclusive FREE Big Six Challenge wristband and guarantee yourself a FREE return ticket to the Theme Park on November 4th. But hurry the Big Six Challenge is only here from 1st May until 30th September!
Check in - Once you’ve ridden each of the Big Six, check in by scanning the QR code on the selfie station at the ride exit.
Share – Share your progress using #BigSixChallenge and find out which of your friends dare to take on the challenge themselves.
Redeem – Use the App to claim your FREE exclusive wristband entitling you to return to the Theme Park for FREE on November 4th.
Win – Take a Selfie at the end of each ride for a chance to win a stay in the resort hotels.
• Find your way around each Village easily - use the navigation feature to find your way between any of the points of interest on our map
• Remember where you have parked your car or where your lodge is located by using our ‘Pin your lodge’ and ‘Pin your parking’ features
• Locate yourself anywhere
• Share your short break highlights with your family and friends via your favourite social network, upload photos from your image gallery, overlay frames and add messages
Reviews and photos
• Review activities, restaurants, venues and experiences, as well as share photos of your favourite places
Linking your booking with the App
• To enjoy all of our App features, you can link your booking by entering your booking reference number and arrival date
• If you don’t have a booking, you can still use some of the features and add your booking details at a later date. You can also link more than one booking and switch between them
• Have your itinerary in your pocket - see what you have booked, what time you have free and book more activities using our enhanced booking section
• You can explore other villages by switching within the menu – even if you do not have a booking reference and just wish to explore.
Notifications and Reminders
• Never be late with notifications of your booked activities
• Manage how often you receive notifications or turn them off
• Receive Village news while you are on your break
• Easy to access restaurant information and menus
• Make restaurant reservations
• Get directions
Whinfell, Sherwood, Woburn, Elveden, Longleat
Movies, concerts, performances, exhibitions, clubs, parties and other up to date cultural events easily, quickly and clearly.
*** This app won 1st place in the mobile app competition AppParade 11 ***
OFFLINE DATAFrom now there is a short synchronisation period (<30 sec) on very first run. Later on you can browse updated events without any further distraction.
TRANSLATED CONTENTHighlighted content is available in English language too.
LIVE SEARCHNow you can search our live database directly with this app. Your favorite band is going to Prague, but you don't know where will they play? Just type their name into our search...
Have favorite places? Enter the first few letters from the name of your favorite club (theater, cinema... ) and the app will find it in a snap for you.
You can search places by:
Part of venue name
- eg.: "Akropolis", "Duplex", "National"
- eg.: "Vinohradska", "Kubelikova"
City or district name
- eg.: "Praha 5", "Karlovy Vary"
Do not know where to go? Then you can explore our extensive database, which includes the following categories:
Cinemas / movies / premieres / screening / summer theater
Clubs / concerts / festivals / parties / djs / open-air
Theaters / performance / black theater / musical / ballet / opera
Galleries / museums / exhibition openings / sales events / fairs / auctions
Sports / sports events / matches / wellness / fitness / spa
Tearooms / cafés / cultural centers / education / events for children
Walks / trails / gardens / planetarium / monuments / castles / palaces
NEWSDaily we put together a list of selected events from Prague and other places in Czech Republic, that you can have always in your pocket.
MOVIE PREMIERESBrowse through the list of the latest movie premieres with visuals, descriptions, evaluation and IMDB score and of course with an overview of places and projection times. We are sure you will find a tip for the evening according to your taste.
SHARING OPTIONSEvents can be saved to your calendar, shown on map or shared through your favorite networks, so that you can invite your friends to the party easily!
DATA SOURCESAll data is provided by cultural server http://qoolture.com, which is available not only for smartphones, but also for desktop computers. Our database offers more than 10,000 new events every month and still grows fast. True, we do not know everything, we are people so we welcome criticism and recommendations on the content.
FREE FOR ALL, BUT ...Application development and maintenance of high-quality databases is a very challenging activity, yet we offer our services and products for free. Therefore we will be grateful for any support - give us a good ranking on Google Play, notify us about errors, suggest new venues and most of all spread awareness about this project among your friends.
Thank You for reading!
♥ Team Qoolture
GLOBAL MAPS INCLUDING ONE ENTIRE COUNTRY FOR OFFLINE USE.
NOW ALSO WITH DYNAMIC TRAFFIC DATA AND TRUE PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION.
Scout offers the proven quality of the multi-award winning international bestseller GPS Navigation (formerly known as “skobbler”) in a further advanced and significantly enhanced version. It’s the ultimate map & orientation tool for your phone or tablet. And now you can get it for free!
The only truly complete online and offline solution, which does not only make mobile navigation, but also global digital maps (including city maps) easier to use and more adaptable to your needs. No matter where or how you are on-the-go.
This is not some lightweight bait version. On the contrary: Scout is the ultimate all-in-one map and navigation solution. You get FOR FREE, what costs 50 bucks and more elsewhere.
▸ ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
Global online maps and an entire country (incl. its city maps) for offline use included (upgradeable), all core app features available offline
▸ TOP NAVIGATION INCL. PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC (NEW!)
Full-fledged voice-guided turn-by-turn, now with dynamic traffic data (upgradeable), alternative routes, speed limit display, text-to-speech & top-notch pedestrian navigation, etc.
▸ COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL MAP AND INFO
Complete digital map functionality with high-end map engine for seamless display and interaction, Foursquare search and TripAdvisor information for hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, sights, etc.
▸ OPENSTREETMAP INCL. MAP UPDATES
Global interactive and extremely detailed OSM map with several map updates per year free of charge
▸ EXTREMELY BROAD FUNCTIONALITY
Various search modes, free drive capability for orientation and warnings on each journey, routes for car, bicycle and pedestrian, etc.
All of that and more FREE OF CHARGE.
Get Scout on your device and find out yourself, why the app has been sold millions of times (as “skobbler”) and has been one of the highest-rated map solutions for years.
In the following, you’ll find more detailed information on some of those points:
OFFLINE MAPS BASED ON OPENSTREETMAP
- In addition to the already included free country map, your app can optionally be enhanced with favorably priced map packages for offline usage (at a bargain price).
- Save storage space and install only those maps you currently need. That’s how the app can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- You get continuous map updates. Free of charge, of course.
- More than 1.5 million contributors make the OpenStreetMap one of the most detailed and dynamic digital maps, that is brought closer to perfection every day.
NAVIGATION WITH TRAFFIC INFORMATION AND SPEED CAM WARNING
- Let yourself be navigated to your destination. Precise and clearly understandable voice instruction will show you the way.
- Choose from three alternative routes and go for the best way.
- The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
- International INRIX Traffic: This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. It will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
- Our free speed cam warning feature alerts you when approaching fixed speed cameras while in free drive or navigation mode and prevents you from getting speeding tickets.
Please note that the continuous use of the GPS will cause the battery to discharge more quickly. That’s why we recommend to leave your device connected to the charging cable during the entire trip.
AllTrails is THE app for exploring the outdoors.
Going on a trip to a national park? Looking for a place near home to hike, bike, or run? Searching for something new to do on the weekends?
Even in a big city you might be surprised by how much nature surrounds you, and never has it been easier to discover and share!
Browse through guides for 50,000 trails across North America complete with photos, reviews, and tracks for outdoor activities including everything from hiking and mountain biking to fly-fishing and snowshoeing.
• Browse or search for trails closest to you
• See community photos, reviews, and tracks
• View topographic maps and routes for trails
RECORD & SHARE
• Track your activities with your phone's GPS
• Add geo-tagged photos to your recorded tracks
• Easily share your adventures with friends
• Add new trails not already in our database
• Read and write trail reviews
• Share your photos with others
• Syncs with your AllTrails.com account
• Access our entire trail database without Internet
• National Geographic TOPO! maps (US only)
• 250+ Trails Illustrated maps (US only)
• Save map areas to your phone for offline use
• Create trip plans & routes with Map Editor
• Print maps on-demand before hitting the trail
Access more AllTrails Pro features on our website: http://alltrails.com/pro
Go out and rediscover the outdoors!
With TOURIAS Travel Guides you always have all the important information to hand when travelling. And all this in over 120 travel destinations.
Whether you’re at home on the couch, out and about at your holiday destination or even after the trip, the TOURIAS Travel Guide gives you useful tips for your holiday or your business trip in London. It makes no difference if you’re visiting the sights, discovering great restaurants or going out to the trendiest clubs.
And the TOURIAS Travel Guides also offer a lot more:
• Complimentary offline maps and complete offline use without expensive roaming fees
• MyGuide: take photos, write text and save it all. Of course, you can also share your personal experiences on Facebook
• Tour Tickets: you can book alternative tours from locals directly and in doing so, explore your travel destination in a truly special way
• Augmented Reality: discover the hotspots of your holiday destination via the camera on your Smartphone/Tablet
• GPS use – where am I?
• “Nearby” Function – where’s the next restaurant?
• Upgrade: the optional upgrade allows the guide to be completely free of advertising
Further TOURIAS Travel Guides for lots of interesting travel destinations can be also be found easily via this app. Simply select the desired destination under “Further Destinations” and you will be linked automatically to the app store.
We hope you enjoy using this free travel guide. We very happy to receive your feedback, information about the travel destination, your wishes and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover sights like Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Palace, Trafalgar Square, Saint Paul´s Cathedral, Kensington Palace, Hyde Park, British Museum, The National Gallery, The London Eye, The Tate Gallery Of Modern Art, Downing Street, Piccadilly Circus, ZSL London Zoo, The Sherlock Holmes Museum, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Madame Tussauds, BFI London IMAX Cinema.
We’d love to hear your opinion, so please leave a review and tell us what you think.
● Sunday Times “App of the week”
● "...much more than just a travel guide..." - appmodo.com
● "...the best option for exploring and discovering the UK ..." - thesmartphoneappreview.com
● offline content helps you save money on roaming, city maps with free wi-fi spots
● direct booking and best deals for over 11,000 hotels in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, you can also find and book low cost flight, rent-a-car, or get a taxi
● travel guides for 38 UK destinations including: Belfast, Birmingham, Blackpool, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Cornwall, The Cotswolds, Devon, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford, Portsmouth, Windsor …
● London tours, excursions, musicals and theatre booking
● guide to UK restaurants, shopping, pubs, clubs
● share your GREAT Britain experience on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and TripAdvisor
● local travel tips and phrasebook
● shopping tips and special offers
● weather forecasts for 38 cities in UK
... and much more.
mX Great Britain can help you discover many reasons why Britain is GREAT.
Talk to us on:
Published by: Mobiexplore
tags: UK, London, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
Pocket Beach lets you sit back and watch and listen to the beaches of Cape Cod and surrounding areas. All the integrated media is set to loop. The idea is that you will pick a beach to visit, set it up on your desk and enjoy a visit to the beach. All recordings are original works, personally recorded and edited by Erika Sanborne and friends, and tagged by location of the beaches. These are not stock footage.
-- Beaches On Deck - already in-app, requiring no data to visit
-- Online Beaches - stream, requiring data connection to view. (I stuffed as many as I could inside the app.)
-- Onboard Music - integrated media player with background tracks in-app.
Pocket Beach was made as a gift to Rachael Keefe, because she moved from New England on to other shores, to do new things. Created by Erika Sanborne, a U.S. Coast Guard veteran who also loves the cape and the ocean. The app is shared a companion for anyone who wants to virtually visit.
16 May 2015
-- Some minor navigation bugs need to be ironed out. Using the back button does not change the title on top of a page. Navigating with the slide out menu avoids this bug.
Thanks for being a part of this special project. If you are interested in contributing a video for consideration of being included in a future app update, see the "Submit your own!" section in the app for details.
The Scoutmob Android app is your mobile guide to local deals, events, restaurants and whatever else is worth exploring in your city. Think of us like a neighborhood pocket guide to supporting local businesses and finding out what’s awesome nearby you. The best part of all this? IT’S TOTALLY FREE... and you never have to pay upfront to get a deal.
Deals: Take advantage of FREE Scoutmob discounts to local restaurants, bars, cafes and shops on the spot, and save deals to the My Stash list for later.
Happenings: Discover upcoming events, things to do in your city and what to do this weekend (at least, according to our Scouts!).
Articles: Curious about what's new, exciting, and worth knowing in your city? Our articles keep you in the loop with interesting locally-focused stories, interviews, a calendar of events and local highlights.
For even more local goodness, visit Scoutmob.com to browse Hand-picked restaurant & entertainment experiences and purchase local handmade goods on Shoppe.
Read our daily email for the best of what’s added to the app along with extra content, photos and articles from our local scouts.
Looking to feature your business on Scoutmob? Contact us at email@example.com
Have any burning questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org