Run With Hal personalizes a training plan based upon your personal running routine, fitness level, and life’s schedule to help you conquer any event from 5K to Marathon or help you get fit through running.
Hal chooses the perfect plan for you based upon your goals and experience, then he crafts your personalized schedule. Your plan will incorporate the most important workouts on the days you’re able to run. Plus, the plan is always adapting to changes in your schedule, fitness, and goals. Hal can even adapt your plan around times when you can’t run (vacation) and incorporate additional events that you’ve signed up for. Once you finish your first plan, you can choose your next goal and Hal will create a brand new plan for you. All of your workouts will give you specific details of how fast and long to run, and you will get daily helpful tips from Hal to help you reach your goals and learn about running.
**Run with Hal Features**
- Choose your key event and Hal will build your plan to get you ready for race day.
- Smart and Adaptive Plans
- Hal will pick the right plan for you.
- Hal adapts your plan based upon YOUR LIFE’S SCHEDULE!
- Days you can and can’t run each week
- Day you would like to do your Long Run
- Days you can’t run for special circumstances (vacation or work trip)
- Hal personalizes pace based upon your current fitness, whether you can run a 20 min or 50 min 5K.
- Add additional events and Hal will adjust your plan.
- If life changes, Hal will update your plan based upon changes in your schedule, fitness, goals, and even how much training you have been able to complete.
- Hal gives you detailed daily workouts with distance, duration, and paces.
- Hal will also give you daily training guidance and insights on how to become a better runner.
- Record your runs using your phone’s GPS.
- Log your runs and how you felt. Hal might even suggest an update to your plan.
- Track your progress, see how closely you’ve stuck to your plan, and see what’s next.
- Keep track of your training plan stats. Average pace, total distance, and more.
- Record your Personal Records.
- If you need an extra nudge, Hal is happy to send you daily push notifications reminding you of your workouts, or to log your miles from today’s run. He wants you to reach your goal and will be there to coach you to the finish line.
- Hal’s team is here to help, if you have questions about how to personalize your plan, we will make sure you get the right answer.
**Run with Hal will find the perfect plan for you, including more than 30 of Hal Higdon’s training plans**
- Marathon Novice, Intermediate, Advanced
- Half Marathon Novice, Intermediate, Advanced
- 15K (10 mile) Novice, Intermediate, Advanced
- 10K Novice, Intermediate, Advanced
- 8K Novice, Intermediate, Advanced
- 5K Novice, Intermediate, Advanced
- 50K Ultramarathon
- Marathon Recovery
- Base Training
- And more.
**A little bit about your coach, Hal Higdon**
Hal Higdon has been called “the internet’s best-known running training plan guru”.
From novice to advanced, Hal offers plans for every distance, skill level, and pace. Incorporating wisdom from Hal’s bestseller Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide, he has you covered with more than 50 years of training and coaching experience.
Hal is a Contributing Editor for Runner’s World and is the magazine’s longest lasting writer, having contributed an article to RW’s second issue in 1966. He also is the author of over 3 dozen books, including Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide and Hal Higdon’s Half Marathon Training. In 2003, the American Society of Journalists and Authors awarded Hal its Career Achievement Award, the highest honor given to writer members.
Higdon’s unique narrative style connects with millions of visitors on his website, Facebook, and Twitter.
Higdon lives on Lake Michigan in Long Beach, Indiana. He has 3 children and 9 grandchildren.