• Provides a child-centred approach to the care of the paediatric patient
• Includes hands-on advice on common dilemmas in paediatric medicine
• A convenient and practical guide to successful evidence-based clinical paediatrics
• A must-have resource at all stages of training and in various clinical practice settings
New to this edition
• Includes completely revised chapters on neurology and respiratory medicine
• Covers management guidelines on inherited metabolic disease
• Provides further information on medical and research ethics
• Enhanced usage of diagnostic and treatment algorithms
Now fully revised and updated with the latest guidelines, this new edition of the Oxford Handbook of Paediatrics is a compact guide to all aspects of acute and chronic paediatrics. The handbook's team of specialist contributors and editors have successfully condensed many years of clinical experience into a pocket-sized compendium of clinical problems and treatment options. Taking a child-centred approach to the subject, the authors have provided comprehensive coverage of areas such as neonatology, surgery, genetics and congenital malformations, and child protection in a user-friendly and succinct style. Sections are also devoted to covering the treatment of children in the community, and the psychological effects of illness on both the child and their family. All chapters have been updated for this new edition, with completely overhauled chapters on neurology and respiratory medicine, the latest management guidelines on inherited metabolic disease, further information on medical and research ethics, and enhanced usage of diagnostic and treatment algorithms. With practical advice and space for personalized notes, this handbook will be invaluable to all those involved in the care of the younger patient.
Readership: Aimed primarily at doctors in training in clinical paediatrics and specialist nurses, the Oxford Handbook of Paediatrics will also prove invaluable to staff in accident and emergency, general practitioners, paediatric surgeons, anaesthetists and child psychiatrists. It will also be of great interest to undergraduates during their paediatric training.
Audience: This Oxford Handbook is intended for a UK audience as well as other areas which follow UK medical practice including Europe, Australia, the Middle East, India and East Asia.
Authors: Edited by Robert C. Tasker, Robert J. McClure, and Carlo L. Acerini
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, picture notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading. The app also contains a set of medical calculators.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
App is specially made for Doctors & pharmacist.
Exact dose of any given medicine produces the desired therapeutic effect which varies from person to person. Children do not react to all medicines in same way as the adults and with few exceptions, medicines are more active and more toxic to children than adults if dosage of medicine is not accurate. To solve this problem accurate dosage is calculated by various pharmaceutical formulas.
* Can calculate accurate paediatric dose from Age & Weight of child
* Various Pharmaceutical formulas are used: Young's formula, Dilling's formula, Cowling's formula, Fried's formula(for infants), Bastedo's formula.
* Easy-to-use for any person who don't have knowledge of medicine/dosage.
* More Features are coming soon.........
If you like my work then Don't forget to Rate 5 Stars :)
Source Code: https://github.com/deveshcc/medic-dose-calc
Follow Me on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+DeveshChaudhari95
Follow Me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deveshappsstore
Workmen Inc. brings together qualified,insured and certified sub-contractors to the community, ready to bid and provide services that are cheaper, quicker and better.
Just a phone call or a service request from your computer or hand held phone will be viewed by sub-contractors signed up for the specific category of service...they review the request, bid for the job and if selected bring in qualified workmen to complete the work.