This is based on a recent blog post 'Helmhurts' at www.jasmcole.com, which was featured on io9, Ars Technica, the Daily Mail, Scientific American and many other blogs.
This app uses the 2D Finite Difference Time Domain method to solve Maxwell's equation on a Cartesian grid. An example floorplan is included in the app.
How to use:
Your floorplan needs to be a .png file, with empty space marked black and materials marked with colours. Images will be converted into the correct materials on loading - this may take a few seconds.
Pixels are mapped to 1 centimetre, so scale the floorplan appropriately.
The simulation is limited in speed due to the mobile processor, so try to keep images below approximately 500x500 pixels
Touch the image to set a router location, marked by a red circle. Select the antenna parameters at the bottom.
Set the number of iterations to run for, how often to plot the result, and the upper limit on the colourmap scale.
Choose a field to plot - the default is the out-of-plane electric field.
Click run and the simulation will begin. Click stop to pause at any time - this saves the simulation progress which can be continued by clicking run again. To reset, open an image again.
To save the simulation output as an image, click Save at any time. Images are saved to internal/external storage and added to the end of the camera roll.
To start recording a simulation click the record 'R' button. When the simulation is stopped a GIF animation is generated.
Under the bonnet:
An antenna oscillates at 2.4 GHz. The edges of the image use absorbing boundary conditions as in Mur 1981, IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
Where walls are defined, the relevant refractive indices and loss tangents for 2.4GHz radiation are used.
Wavelength and resolution are currently constant, this may change in a future release.
This app is not intended as a replacement for existing EM simulation software packages.
As a 2D approximation including only simple walls it does not accurately model a given floorplan.
It is, however, a bit of fun and entertaining to play with.
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
The map itself is quite large (6480,3888), so it's way too big to fit in memory all at once (6480 x 3888 x 32 / 8) = 100,776,960 -- over 96 megs. The VM heap size Android supports is eith 16 or 24 megs, so we can't fit the whole thing in memory at once.
So WorldMap uses the BitmapRegionDecoder API (available as of API 10) to decode just what it needs to display.
WorldMap is open source, and the source code is here: https://github.com/johnnylambada/WorldMap
This version of worldmap come with a brief information about every country like: Country capital city, dial code, country code, country continent, country currency code, the country area in sq km, country languages, numbers of the population and the GPS geo points east, west, north, south, geo name id, flag iso Alpha3 .
Check the zoom in and the zoom out
View a large quick reference World Map on your Android Device today!
Contains Up-To-Date World Maps!
Did you know?
South Sudan became the world's 195th country following separation from Sudan on 9 July 2011
- Political World Map
- Find a country easily with a convenient globe map
- Educational reference map for students, school, and university
- Up to date maps
- View every nation and it's major cities in one large map
- No internet connection is required. The worldmap is stored on your Android and can be viewed Offline.
A quick reference map to quickly find countries and cites like Australia, Sydney, Melbourne, Japan, Tokyo, China, Shanghai, USA, Brazil, Sao Paulo, Brasilia, California, New York, Europe and More!
Users Love World Map 2015!
Explore the World Map on your Android today!
Try it for Free!
It is your own virtual planetarium. Ideal for amateur Astronomy.
It has all the Surya and Chandra along with the planets Budh, Shukra, Mangal, Brihaspati, Shani and also Rahu and Ketu.
Watch Dhurva tara, Saptarishi, Mesh, Dhanu, Vrishabha, Kark, Ashadha, Jyeshta, Kritika among all the other objects.
Star, planets and constellations names are augmented with Western names where Indian names are not there. e.g, Neptune.
These names would be updated in the future as and when discovered.
Built as a derivative of Sky Map, it has all its features.
From the makers of Hindu Calendar.
This premium version of the best selling astronomy and star gazing app includes all the in-app upgrades from Star Chart in one neat package!
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android deviceº at the sky and Star Chart Infinite will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart Infinite calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart Infinite will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart Infinite includes:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at. *
- Displays all the planets of the solar system, plus the sun and the moon.
- All 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 125,000 stars!
- Includes Charles Messier's entire catalogue of 110 exotic deep sky objects.
- Includes the time and location of all the major meteor showers
- Includes the position of all the major satellites of Earth including Hubble & the ISS
- Includes a set of extended solar system objects made up of moons, dwarf planets and large asteroids.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart Infinite displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Star Chart Infinite is published by Escape Velocity Ltd and developed by Escapist Games Ltd. We update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to email@example.com.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp
For help with Star Chart please visit our Star Chart User Guide: www.escapistgames.com/starchart/instruction_manual.html
º Augmented Reality (AR) mode requires a built-in compass.
* Star Chart requires internet access when accessing our support page.
• Google Play's "Best of the Best" of 2013 and 2014!
• "Among apps for learning or practicing a language, you can't beat Duolingo." —PC Magazine. Awarded Editors' Choice for Language Learning.
• "Far and away the best free language-learning app." —The Wall Street Journal
• "Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education."—TIME Magazine
• "The most productive means of procrastination I’ve ever discovered. The short lesson blocks are painless and peppy, and reaching the next level (and then the level after that) becomes addictive." —Slate
• "We’ve also tried a few other methods such as book learning and Rosetta Stone, both of which bombed. That’s why I jumped at the chance to try Duolingo. And believe me, it’s addictive." —FluentIn3Months.com
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages.
• It's free, for real. No fees, no ads, no gimmicks. A college-quality education without the price tag.
• It's fun. Lose hearts for answering incorrectly, advance by completing bite-sized lessons, and track your progress with shiny achievements.
• It's constantly improving. We bust out the lab coats regularly and measure how well you learn on Duolingo. Your learning experience only gets better over time.
If you want to learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Swedish, or English the fast, fun, and free way, there's no better choice than Duolingo.
Send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Buy Duolingo gear at http://gear.duolingo.com
Use Duolingo on the Web at http://www.duolingo.com
Get the answers to tough networking design/implementation questions quickly, without the fluff. Learn the correct way to deploy common networking technologies quickly the first time.
*WHAT YOU WILL LEARN*
✔ Configuring a BGP Routing Process
✔ Configuring a BGP Router ID
✔ Originating BGP Prefixes
✔ Configuring an eBGP Peer
✔ Configuring an iBGP Peer
✔ Reset BGP Connections
✔ BGP Peer Description
✔ Soft Reconfiguration
✔ Send Community
✔ Route Maps
✔ Advertisement Interval
✔ Default Route
✔ Shutting down BGP Peers
✔ Removing BGP Configuration Commands – No neighbor shut
✔ Monitoring and Maintaining Basic BGP
✔ Redistributing a Static Aggregate Route into BGP
✔ Configuring Conditional Aggregate Routes Using BGP
✔ Advertising a Default Route Using BGP
• Lifetime access to 23 lectures
• A community of 1800+ students learning together!
• Watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles and anything inside your course.
• Watch courses in offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
* WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS COURSE ON UDEMY*
"Straight to the point, making it easy to understand and provides firm footing in duelling deeper into BGP - Thanks very much !"
-(Atul Patel) ★★★★★
"Easy to follow, direct instructions. Highly recommended!"
-(Michael Lim) ★★★★★
Instructed By : Sam Fitzgerald | Network Architect - CCIE
Networking Step by Step's instructors are all CCIE certified and have average over 15 years of experience designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise and service provider networking environments. This real world experience is what makes Networking Step by Step's approach to learning exam concepts unique.
Install the "Learn BGP - Networking Course" app today and join 4 million students who are already learning on Udemy.
Distant Suns (max) astronomy app is an award-winning hand-held planetarium with over 25 years of development, offering you the new way to look at the sky from on the Earth to off. Sporting over 130,000 stars, all 8 (or is it 9?) planets, the sun and moon, constellations, galaxies, nebula and star clusters, Distant Suns offers a gracefully visual respite from a busy day. While others play games, you can travel to the stars.
• Set your location from any place on Earth or off
• Change the date and time to show the sky of the past or future, like a celestial time-machine in your hands
• Learn the stories behind each constellation
• Follow the moon through its phases, and the planets through their monthly dance
• Unique to Distant Suns (max)You are no longer Earth-bound so you may fly out to the planets and watch them in their stately presence
• Observe Saturn from behind, Jupiter from Io, the Earth from the Moon
• Contains over 200 galaxies, nebula and star clusters, many within reach of binoculars
• Touch the sky to view extensive data on each object
• Perfect for the whole family. The only requirement is sense of wonder!
• Unleash your inner astronaut today
· Astronomy Planetarium with the planets, 301 brightest stars and 10 closest stars, 10 brightest and 10 closest galaxies.
· Camera can be switched on / off
· Switch between automatic orientation (sensors) and manual orientation (touch and rotate / move screen)
· Choose to display 328, 51 or 1 stars, galaxies (sun and the planets)
· Plan your observations by time travelling the night sky 24 hours via the player interface
· Capture screen and share via facebook, twitter, email ...
· Switch to compass module
· Astronomy compass with 9 different celestial types (navigation between celestial types is 100% configurable)
· Solar system: positions of the planets, the Sun, the Moon and Pluto
· Brightest stars: positions of the 10 brightest stars
· Closest stars: positions of the 10 closest stars
· Milkyway: structure of the milkyway (the milkyway arms, the center, the inner buldge and bar)
· Brightest Galaxies: positions of the 10 brightest galaxies
· Closest Galaxies: positions of the 10 closest galaxies
· Closest Galaxy groups: positions of the 10 closest galaxy groups
· Closest Superclusters: positions of the 10 closest superclusters
· Universe edge: 10 furthest celestials observed in our universe
· Automatic orientation (sensors) or manual orientation of compass
· Real time information about all celestials (planets, stars, galaxies, supclusters ...)
· Real time information about the satellites of Jupiter and Saturn
· Real time information about the number of sunspots
· 3D display of the Solar System planets, the Moon and Pluto
· 3D display of most Solar System satellites
· Rise, transit and set times for the planets, the Sun, the Moon and Pluto
· Player interface to pause, rewind and fast forward all celestials (planets, stars, galaxies, supclusters ...)
Extremely easy! Just launch the application to obtain an instant overview of the planets surrounding you. You're in the middle of the screen, on Earth, and the planets are being displayed around you. If a planet is above the Compass Ring and is highlighted, it's visible. If the planet is below the Compass Ring, towards the center of the Earth, it is shadowed and below your horizon. The same applies to all the other celestial types. Activate your starcraft engines and quickly travel around in the universe.
Planet Finder + comes with an advanced Augmented Reality Camera: Just point your phone to the sky and Planet Finder + will instantly switch to Augmented Reality Mode. Spot planets and stars through your mobile camera, take a snapshot and share via facebook, email, twitter or MMS!
Interact with the Augmented Reality View by activating its Player. Play, pause, rewind and fast forward the Solar System. This will render the trajectories of the planets and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.
You can also track planets, stars and galaxies. Just follow the direction of the arrows and you'll spot your object in seconds!
Switch back to 2D Compass or Text View by lowering your mobile phone. Get more detailed information by touching a celestial item in the textlist.
Hit the 3D Planet icon for a detailed 3D view of planet/moon texture and check out the real time positions of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.
Hit the RTS icon to display the planets rise/transit/set times or get the current number of sunspots by hitting the Sun 3D icon. Access the latest static information by tapping the Wiki icon.
(You'll need android version > 4.0.3 in order to use the camera in augmented reality mode.)
You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
Buying a domain name, hosting package and getting your website live can be an incredibly intimidating and confusing process if you're unfamiliar with the territory, but let me tell you a secret: It's surprisingly easy!
And I'm going to show you exactly how to do all of these things in no time by guiding you in a simple, step-by-step process.
In less than 1-hour, you will no longer be uncomfortable with the process of purchasing a Domain Name & Hosting Package, or Uploading your Website Live to the Web via FTP.
Don't have a Website or Blog yet? No problem! I will also be showing you how to set up a Wordpress Website (and write your first blog post) in less than 5 minutes.
*YOU ARE GOING TO GET FROM THIS COURSE*
- Over 8 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- You will learn how to buy a domain, a hosting package, and upload your website live
- You will learn how to buy cheap domain names, and incredibly affordable hosting packages
- You will learn how to setup a Wordpress website (and write your first blog post) in less than 5-minutes
- By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable with buying a domain name and hosting package
*THE TARGET AUDIENCE*
• New Web Designers
• Web Design Students
• Small Business Owners who want to know how to get their website live on the web
• Bloggers & Writers
• People who manage a website as a volunteer or as a hobby
*WHAT YOU WILL LEARN*
✔ What is a Domain Name & Hosting Package?
✔ How to Find Your Perfect Domain Name
✔ How to Purchase a Domain Name
✔ How to Purchase a Hosting Package
✔ How to Associate your Domain Name with your Hosting Package
✔ How to Upload your Website to your Domain
✔ How to set up a Wordpress Blog in under 5-minutes
- Lifetime access to 8 lectures
- A community of 6300+ people trying to learn the same thing!
- Watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles and anything inside your course.
- Watch courses in offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
* WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS COURSE*
"Brad explains pretty much in simplest way possible (the only way you need it, for more info google the terms - hosting package / providers, domain name / domain name services, name servers, ftp, best hosting and domain providers etc etc). Looking forward to see more Brad's courses as he is good teacher that is not lazy to go 2-3 times to explain things even to the dummies listeners"
(VIsual Artist Matija Vuk ) ★★★★★
"Fast and easy way to launch a wordpress website. However, to choose a hosting plan should be more complicated for somebody who wants to build a site not running on PHP. There are more choices to make in the real world"
-(Chia-Jung Yang) ★★★★★
"Brad, you have really explained in a very simple and better way to register and run a new website. It’s helpful for everyone who is new to website and domains Thanks a lot for this lecture"
-(Amit Chouhan) ★★★★★
Instructed By: Brad Hussey | Pro Web Slinger at Code College
Brad Hussey is a passionate and experienced web designer, developer & entrepreneur. Originally from Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Brad is a graduate of the Interactive Design program at Capilano University in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Install the "Web Hosting Tutorial" app now and join over 4 million students who are already learning on Udemy.
Combining simplicity and beauty with unrivalled features and power, let Vortex provide you with a stunning view of the night sky.
Augmented Reality (with camera support)
Hold your device to the sky and see an accurate representation of the stars and planets. If your device has a rear facing camera, experience true augmented reality with our sky map overlayed onto the real world! A unique experience not found in any other Android planetarium.
View the sky from any location - Use GPS, Network Provider or our powerful search feature to show you the night sky at your current location, or even the other side of the world.
Using our inovative time slider, you can see how the skies looked at any point in time, with fine control over the abilty to rewind, or fast-forward time. Select an object and watch it's motion as it rises and falls.
Huge object database
With over 20,000 objects to discover, you wont run out of things to search for! Included are
* All major and minor planets in our Solar System including all major moons.
* 88 constellations
* 110 Messier objects
* 109 Caldwell objects
* Full Revised NGC-IC catalog (Over 14,000 objects)
* More than 9000 stars
* Meteor showers
Combined with our powerful search, you will never be far away from any one of these objects!
Facts and figures
To compliment the staggering number of objects available, we have made available concise facts and information about the majority of them, with detailed ephemeris and figures for all. You will learn something new with each and every object in the sky!
Discover, at the touch of a button, upcoming celestial events such as eclipses, conjunctions, moon phases, season changes and much more. With the ability to add these events to your device calendar you'll never miss these sometimes once in a lifetime events again!
With just one button press, see what objects of interest are in the night sky right now!
Unique to Vortex Planetarium, we provide a 3 day forecast for anywhere in the world, focusing on astronomical data, like transparency and seeing. With the ability to mark those clear nights in your devices calendar, you will have no excuse to get outside and marvel at the beauty the Universe beholds.
With a bewildering number of configuration options, packaged in a simple to understand design, you can tailor Vortex to your exact needs. Maybe the constellation art is too bright, no problem, adjust it's transparency, need to adjust the number of stars you see to match the real night sky? No problem! We have pretty much every option covered, and if we don't, let us know why we should!
Beauty, speed & simplicity
Our aim is to make sure Vortex Planetarium is easy to use, extremely powerful and look stunning.
Vortex Planetarium has been optimised to run as fast and as smoothly as possible, no jerky movements when you zoom in on Jupiter. We have not ported Vortex from iPhone, it's purely an Android product. This means we can focus on optimising for the platform exclusively. This philosophy guarantees fast and regular updates.
And much more to come
We are always improving Vortex, and you will never have to "upgrade" or make additional purchases for these features and improvements.