Stand Up Set Helper lets you assign bits to sets and order the sequence of bits in a set. The app also includes a number of other helpful features that speed up the process of preparing comedy sets and that help comics manage their material.
It is easy to start using Stand Up Set Helper. If you already have your jokes in a document, you can import them. If you are worried about trying a new app, know that you will have the option to export your bits back out to a TXT file. See the app's About/Help screen for more info on importing and exporting.
Your data is stored locally on your device in a secure database.
The Set screen lets you arrange the sequence. You can move jokes one at a time, or you can select a sequence to move as a group.
Sets can easily be duplicated or combined. You can select jokes in one set to assign them to another set (they will retain their sequence).
You can type in new bits, or use the phone's voice-to-text.
You can add alternate versions of bits. Rather than editing a bit 10 time and losing all previous versions, it can be useful to create new versions of the bit, instead. You can use one version of a bit for one set and another version for another set. When viewing the Bits screen, only the default version will appear. You can choose which version is the default version on the Bit Versions screen. You can duplicate a version, as a shortcut to copying the text into a new version.
If you want to add tags to bits, that lets you easily view all bits for a given subject, and then select ones to add to a set.
Control of the text size, done in the Settings screen, allows you to make the text smaller, making it easier to work on comedy material anywhere, without worrying about people looking over your shoulder. You can also make the text large if your vision is poor.
- Ad free
- "Find" a bit on the Bits screen with a search query
- About/Help screen has instructions and instructional video
- Tag entry field auto-suggestions based on existing tags
- Random screen, to randomly browse through all versions of all bits
- Sort tags alphabetically or by number of bits with tag
- Sort sets alphabetically or by last modified
- Sort bits by date created or last modified
- Import from/export to storage apps like Google Drive, or your device's storage
- Have as many sets as you want.
- Export specific set to TXT document
- Export all bits to TXT document
- Export selected bits to TXT document
- Exported TXT files can be reimported, including alternate versions and tags
- See video for way to do a "joke disposal" export.