Swahili courses teach grammar rules, e.g., negation in different tenses, the construction of numbers, swahili time, possessive pronouns, and questions. Knowing the rules is one thing, being really fluent in, e.g., Swahili negation is something different.
Mazoezi ya Kiswahili addresses the latter. That is, Mazoezi ya Kiswahili is for people who know the rules and want to practice their application.
The principle of practicing with Mazoezi ya Kiswahili is as follows: the app poses a task, say in the area of negation, by giving the positive case, e.g. ninakula. The task is to negate this phrase. Once you made up your solution in your mind, you press the Show button and Mazoezi ya Kiswahili displays the correct negation, sili in this case. If the solution you had in mind was right, go ahead and press Right, otherwise press Wrong, and a new task will be posed. Telling Mazoezi ya Kiswahili whether you were right or wrong allows the app to re-pose tasks on which you weren't right again; in addition it can keep statistics which may help you to understand which classes or tenses you do fine and which classes and tenses need more practice.
Currently, tasks from the following areas are offered:
• negation (all classes, tenses li/me/na/ta/e/ki/nge/ngali/hu)
• numbers (ordinal, with nouns, cardinal)
• Swahili time
• possessive pronouns (all classes, angu/ako/ake/etu/enu/ao)
• questions (nani, -a nani, -je, ..., -a ngapi)
• vocabulary (over 1000 words, both directions supported)
• locative (all classes, -ko/-po-/-mo)
• object infix (all classes)
Mazoezi ya Kiswahili is highly configurable to suit your needs and learning level:
• for each area, each class and case can individually be enabled or disabled; i.e. you may only practice negation for m/wa class in tenses li/me/na/ta
• for many areas there's a "cheat sheet" available showing the rules
• for many areas there's a detailed statistics sheet
• the translation shown in the top line can be disabled
• statistics via Right/Wrong buttons can be disabled
• show correct answer after timeout instead of waiting for Show press
If you spot any mistake, or if you've got suggestions for new areas (I want to add at least amba- and friends some time in the future) don't hesitate to contact me via the mail address given below.
And - as all app developers, I guess - I appreciate positive ratings and comments.
Note: the app Mazoezi ya Kiswahili is explicitly privacy friendly and resource friendly. It doesn't require any additional permissions, it doesn't spy on your contacts, and the app works fully offline, i.e. it doesn't collect any user data at all.
PS: The Play Store statistics tells me that I have users from Tanzania, Kenya, and Burundi - karibu Mazoezi ya Kiswahili! Who are you, what are you using the app for...? ;-)
★ "Read to Me" — hear the narration as you read the story
★ "Read it Myself" — read the book in its traditional form
★ "Auto Play" — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages.
★ Tap on a word to read its meaning from an in-built dictionary
★ A full library of traditional African Folklore
Free first Bundle of books!
Full support - we answer every email
New oral Narratives every week
Best Value for Money
Professional Audio narration
Enjoy African Rhythms and sounds accompanying each story
Custom background audio for each scene
Practice reading from anywhere
Learn to pronounce words in your mother tongue
Learn new songs in different languages
Spend less time looking for various apps, we give you the whole African Story telling
experience in one app
All the books we publish have audio, illustrations and music
Download your favorite stories and save them in your bookshelf as well as on your SD
Some of our popular narratives include:-
b. Poems & Tongue Twisters
d. Learn Kiswahili
A casual game for you and your Facebook friends.
Game JiEnjoy Treasure and You:
Just hit the "Hide Treasure" button to hide a treasure in your current geographical location. Give it a name of your choice.
Treasures are precious and rare, thus, your treasure must be at least 3-kilometre apart. Hide them judiciously.
Click "Hunt Treasure" button to load treasure hidden by your friends in your current neighbourhood.
Game JiEnjoy Treasure Score: The score depends on:
(1) the number of treasure you have hidden.
(2) how close you are to the treasure when you collect it.
(3) the number of treasure you collect.
Game JiEnjoy Treasure and Facebook:
Brag to and Challenge your Facebook friends on scores and Facebook game achievements. Invite your friends to spice up competition.