OneSource Mobile Is Here
We are pleased to announce version 5 of our OneSource Mobile App!
With this version we further add new functionality into the app making it an invaluable companion in and outside the lab.
The OneSource Mobile App makes it fast and easy to request the service you need, when you need it, anytime, anywhere. Simply scan the OneSource Tag on your instrument to log a new service request for that instrument and let OneSource do the rest.
With easy visibility to upcoming service events, OneSource Mobile helps you prepare instruments and workload in advance. Even share the upcoming service details with your colleagues through the “Share” feature.
Use OneSource Mobile’s “Recent” and “Favorites” options to keep track of your key assets as well as recent activity. Through the “Favorites” option you can build your own list of key instruments to quickly log new service requests, to check on upcoming service events and for reviewing the service history. We've even included a naming option for easy instrument identification and a “Follow” feature so you can stay up-to-date on all your instruments activities.
Special mentions to https://icons8.com/
- Log new service requests
- Ability to include photos & files as part of a service request
- View upcoming service events
- View service history, including the full field service report
- Detailed instrument information – besides technical details we also included location information and next scheduled service due dates
- Instrument system view: Quickly see all other system components and pull up any instrument components details, including upcoming service events and the full service history
- Lookup the instruments EH&S (environmental health and safety) data. EH&S admins can maintain the information through the app too.
- Share service events list, equipment details and field service report
- Ability to provide "Friendly Names" for favorites – Enter a friendly name for any instrument you stored as a favorite on your device
- Ability to “Follow” an instrument and receive push notifications when a PM is upcoming / changed, an instrument changes location or an entitlement is changed
- Request a new instrument to be added to the OneSource program
- Correct wrong and add missing instrument data
- Start the process to remove or relocate an instrument
- OCR text recognition to support Equipment Tags that do not have a barcode label
- App is designed and built to work on smart phones and tablets
Use of user and device data:
In order to use the OneSource Mobile app we are collecting your name, the company you work for, location of your workplace (city name), country you are located, language preference and your email address. Other optional information e.g. phone number, department you work in,… can be added if you wish. The information is collected to create a user profile to authenticate you when you access the app and when communicating with us while using the app (on some forms, e.g. survey, feedback,… the user has to select that the user info is linked to the request, otherwise these forms as sent without any user information). You have access to the user profile and can change the information any time. The data is saved on our server, any communication between your device and our server is encrypted. On your device only the user name and password is saved if you select the option to automatically log in to the OneSource Mobile app. If you wish to have your account deleted please send us a note using the ‘new service request’ or ‘feedback’ forms. We will delete your data according to your request.