Includes fourteen learning modules with more than 1250 multiple choice quiz questions and flashcards. Each learning module also includes a glossary with common terms and definitions.
Module 1: Animal Medical Terminology
Module 2: Office Procedures
Module 3: Medical Abbreviations
Module 4: Anatomy
Module 5: Physiology
Module 6: Small Animal Breeds
Module 7: Large Animal Breeds
Module 8: Animal Nursing
Module 9: Avian & Exotic Medicine
Module 10: Animal Medicine & Diseases
Module 11: Lab Procedures
Module 12: Emergency Medicine
Module 13: Animal Medical Spanish Terms
Module 14: My Custom Learning
- Create your own flashcards, multiple-choice and glossary
- Send multiple-choice quiz questions to friends
- Post score for global ranking
- Keep up to date with latest news and articles with the
Veterinary news feed.
- Now with 100’s of images.
This study guide app is for people who need to develop foundation knowledge of veterinary medicine and veterinary technology; animal sciences and typical behavior characteristics of animal species; role in patient history, physical exam, and client educations. It covers veterinary terminology; animal anatomy; physiology; office business operations; and veterinary emergency care.
The Veterinary Assistant & Technician Guide app also addresses pathology; radiation and x-ray production, equipment operation and care; positioning the animal for radiography production; use of drugs in veterinary medicine; introduction to drug testing methodology and the use/handling of prescriptions; calculation of dosages and administration techniques; drug actions, interactions, and adverse reactions; animal disease diagnosis, treatment, and prevention, principles and practices of surgical nursing; pharmacology of commonly used anesthetic agents, and anesthetic emergencies.
It allows you to perform eleven different calculations including drug doses, fluid and energy requirements and infusions. It also performs conversions of many units including temperatures and between SI units and conventional units. A full list of the features and calculators can be found here: http://vetapps.co.uk/Version_Comparison.
Where applicable Vet Calculator’s features are referenced to appropriate literature.
The medicines are arranged in organized manner so as to help the vet make his search for the most appropriate drug easier.
Easyvet's comprehensive search facility helps in sorting these drugs on basis of their action on different physiological systems, genres, manufacturers and brands etc..
All manufacturers within the reach of a click - may it be the reporting of a drug's unavailability, requesting the answer to a query or registering a complaint.
EasyVet - A Vet's life has never been easier!
- Acepromazine dilute
- Acepromazine dilute
- Acepromazine full
Download VetHelp AM to access:
• Form of nearly 600 active ingredients for veterinary medicine
• More than 6,000 interactions between active
• Constants physiological and clinical values for 11 animal species
• 13 scientific calculators and veterinary (conversions, dosage, animal age, pregnancy, transfusion, hydration, etc.)
• Complete Handbook on Agrovet Market Animal Health
Keywords: Vethelp, agrovet market, veterinarian, animal health, pharmacology, veterinary medicine, animal production
FREE PREVIEW - View select topics to review authoritative guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of animal disorders and diseases.
ABOUT THE MERCK VETERINARY MANUAL
The Merck Veterinary Manual, 10th edition, is the most comprehensive mobile resource for veterinary professionals and students. Conveniently accessible on any handheld device, it contains authoritative guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of animal disorders and diseases. More than 1,100 full-color images, audio examples, videos, and links to related information enhance the expansive coverage of companion, production, exotic, and laboratory animals. The tenth edition of The Merck Veterinary Manual is the essential app for any student or practicing veterinarian.
• 1,100+ full-color images for enhanced understanding
• Audio and video examples
• Extensive use of tables and charts
• Cross-reference links to related topics
• Diagnosis and treatment of domestic, exotic, and laboratory animals
• Universal Index Search – find topics across all indexes
• ‘Favorites’ for bookmarking important entries
• Optimized tablet interface
Editors: Susan E. Aiello, DVM, ELS; Michael A. Moses
Publisher: Merck & Co., Inc.
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
By downloading A Vet Tool you are getting five fully featured applications. The five applications are accessible through an easy to use tab based interface.
- The first application is a complete small animal (cat and dog) drug formulary with over 650 drugs. The drugs can be accessed quickly with the android fast scroll or by using the search function. Each drugs lists the indications and appropriate drug dosages in a format perfectly suited for the Android Platform. When compared to the price of a printed pocket formulary this function alone makes A Vet Tool a great value!
- The second application contains common blood value lab results for birds, cats, cattle, dogs, ferrets, guinea pigs, horses, and turtles.
- The third application is a collection of x-ray comparisons such as a good knee versus an OA knee.
- The fourth application contains nine calculators:
• Math calculator with memory function, the memory is saved even when the app is exited.
• Conversion calculator that performs common conversions that a veterinary professional must do on a daily basis. It includes weight units (Kg, gram, mg, μg, ounce, lb), liquid units (Liter, dL, mL, ounce, tsp, tbsp, cc) and temperature units (Fahrenheit, Celsius, Kelvin).
• Age calculator which takes a birth date as the input and outputs the age in years, months, weeks, and days.
• Gestation calculator which can calculate the estimated birth date of several different species.
• Fluid rate calculator which can calculate the ml/hour for fluids.
• Dosage calculator to calculate how much mg of a drug should be given based on the patient's weight.
• Body surface area calculator for dogs and cats.
• Energy Requirements calculator for dogs and cats.
• Transfusion calculator to determine the volume of donor blood needed
- The fifth application is a great notepad. Notes can be added, deleted, and edited at any time.
A Vet Tool was created with the assistance of several veterinary professionals and will provide anyone in the veterinary field or interested in the veterinary field a great value for their Android Device.
This application is brought to you totally free with the help of search monetization. I have opted to use this to be able to keep creating more free apps for you. Please note that with this app you will receive a few search points on your device, all are easily deleted or replaced. Thank you for your understanding.
The app is recommended by Hundkatzemaus (VOX), ReiterRevue, HundeReporter.
Daily we suggest, editorially check and register new veterinarians for around the world.
VetFinder is free for all users.
Questions, comments and suggestions are always appreciated:
Find veterinarians in your direct area, or save your personal veterinarians as a favourite.
VetFinder informs you when opening hours have changed, when your veterinarian is not available or when he has expanded his services.
You can add personal notes to your favourite veterinarians.
Use the unique offline function, f.e.: Find veterinarians at your holiday destination and save them. You can use the stored information offline and when your connect to the internet, the information will be updated automatically.
Use one of the many useful search filters in VetFinder:
- Search veterinarians who currently have emergency service or emergency preparedness *
- Search veterinarians who have open office hours *
- Search veterinarians specifically for dogs, cats, horses, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish or livestock
- Find wheelchair friendly accessible veterinary practices or clinics (similar to Wheelmap)
- Search for mobile veterinarians or veterinarians that offer home visits
- Search veterinarians that offer special services - Search for veterinarians that speak a specific language - Search for veterinarians per payment method (cash, bankcard or creditcard)
Are you a veterinarian?
A complete entry in VetFinder costs EUR 3 per month (plus VAT) exclusive the emergency option. You can add or change your information through the app, our website or by fax.
* Veterinarians must have specified their office hours and emergency preparedness.
The veterinary dermatology, among the existing specialties in veterinary medicine, is presented differently, being multifactorial, with possible systemic involvement or not.
The current preoccupation with diseases with zoonotic potential, arising from factors such as immunosuppression by diseases such as AIDS or by factors such as age and submission to treatments such as chemotherapy or post-transplant suppression, associated with an increased contact between animals and humans potentiated the importance of dermatology today.
The skin is considered anatomical and physiological barrier between the organism and the environment, and largest organ of the body, providing protection against physical, chemical and / or microbiological attacks. Possessing receptors for temperature, pressure, pain and itching.
By being so exposed skin, or integument, accounts for 20-75% of the sample of clinic small animals and is characterized by suffering and anguish both animals and owners, which leads us to a very big concern with the formation and update of personnel, and for the market.
Each of the conditions met in this specialty can be difficult to diagnose, always requiring a thorough clinical examination in addition to the aid of a device for microscopy only after proper treatment it is recommended.
For good care and diagnosis, in order to improve the prognosis of the case must avail ourselves of some exams, and the vast majority is done by the dermatologist himself, such as parasitological examination by skin scraping, aspiration cytology, biopsy and histopathology, mycological cytology, mycological culture, examination of brushed hair coat, ribbon printing acetate, mycology by Wood's lamp, trichogram and mycological culture.
Here you will find interesting information, educational materials, scientific, links and disclosure of events in the area.
The aim is to contribute to the education of students and the improvement of professionals working in veterinary dermatology area, or not, always with the use of semiotics and workup.
The material contained here is a compilation of materials used in our routine of Veterinary Dermatology Service FMVZ UNESP Botucatu campus, having the function of disseminating knowledge. If any content does not have a duly referred to authorship, we pledge to upgrade the data after receiving the correct reference.
Fornece acesso rápido a ferramentas e conteúdos de uso rotineiro:
- Bulário inteligente com informações de mais de 1.500 produtos e medicamentos;
- Protocolos de Condutas Veterinárias publicados por especialistas;
- Calculadoras Veterinárias;
- Valores de Referência;
Interação com usuários e busca constante por melhorias
- Conversamos com nossos usuários diariamente para evoluir o aplicativo.
- Realizamos atualizações periódicas para acrescentar novos conteúdos e ferramentas.
Presented by Veterinarian Dr Bryan Gregor from New Zealand, join us as current cat and dog health and welfare issues are discussed by veterinarians, veterinary nurses and vet techs from around the world. If you are a pet owner, an animal lover or in the veterinary industry, there will be something of interest!
This app includes access to all of our podcasts, an alert when a new episode is published, our Facebook page, Twitter Feed, Blog and email contact.
THE VETPODCAST, your insight into your pets health!
Now, veterinary students have a unique method of quickly accessing visual information on common fractures and appropriate fixation options.
This interactive, free companion app for the book, Fossumís Small Animal Surgery, 4e, helps veterinary students practice their orthopedic surgery skills on the go.
With the touch of a "pin", you can move from the dog skeleton to specific bone region, to fracture pattern -- helping you learn to repair and manage fractures in small animals. For each fracture, images of suggested fixations, depending on fracture assessment score, can be visualized. View the specific fracture, consider the fracture assessment score, and identify the appropriate fixation option for successful fracture management or repair.
For veterinary students who use Fossumís Small Animal Surgery, 4e, page references provide additional supportive information and procedural instructions for each fixation. However, the app is also a great study tool when used on its own or in conjunction with any other small animal surgery textbook.