I appreciate all feedback, feel free to email me with any suggestions, bug reports or any mistakes within the app
Useful for school classes such as 'Design & Manufacture' or 'Product Design'.
If there are any issues or any recommendations you have please email me and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible. Any at all, even if an image seems a bit too big or too small, any spelling mistakes or any factual errors please inform me.
An improve tablet user-interface and more features are coming in future updates.
Thanks to the Technical Department at St Andrew's & St Bride's for the notes.
Key Words: materials, processes, plastics, metals, woods, timbers, design, manufacture, characteristics, manufacturing, thermo, thermosetting, composites, ferrous, non-ferrous, school, technical, hardwoods, softwoods.
'a favourite. It should be in every classroom and library ... the reader is drawn inevitably from one entry to the next merely to satisfy curiosity' School Science Review
The sixth edition of this popular dictionary covers all aspects of chemistry, from physical chemistry to biochemistry. Fully revised and updated, it boasts broader coverage in subject areas such as forensics, metallurgy, materials science, and geology, increasing the dictionaryâ€™s appeal to students in these related fields. There are also biographical entries on key figures, highlighted entries on major topics such as polymers and crystal defects, and chronologies charting the main discoveries in atomic theory, biochemistry, explosives, and plastics. A new feature is the inclusion of entry-level web links.
With over 4,700 entries, including over 200 new terms for this edition, this is the ideal reference resource for students of chemistry at all levels, either at school or at university, undergraduate lecturers, and students and lecturers in related disciplines such as biology. Thanks to its greater breadth of content, this latest edition of the Dictionary of Chemistry also appeals to students in related disciplines such as medicine, forensics, and metallurgy.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
Across thousands of domains--with more continually added--Wolfram|Alpha uses its vast collection of algorithms and data to compute answers and generate reports for you.
Parts of Wolfram|Alpha are used in the Apple Siri Assistant; this app gives you access to the full power of the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine. Domains covered by Wolfram|Alpha include:
STATISTICS & DATA ANALYSIS
Electricity & Magnetism
Animals & Plants
DNA Sequence Lookup
Human, Mouse & Fruit Fly Genomes
UNITS & MEASURES
DATES & TIMES
Current & Historical Weather
PLACES & GEOGRAPHY
PEOPLE & HISTORY
Historical Events, Periods & Countries
Historical Numerals & Money
CULTURE & MEDIA
Television Networks & Programs
WORDS & LINGUISTICS
SPORTS & GAMES
Color Names & Systems
MONEY & FINANCE
Cost of Living
HEALTH & MEDICINE
Medical Test Data
FOOD & NUTRITION
WEB & COMPUTER SYSTEMS
In the US, the Department of Labor estimated in 2008 the number of chemical engineers to be 31,000. According to a 2011 salary survey by the American Institution of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), the median annual salary for a chemical engineer was approximately $110,000. In one salary survey, chemical engineering was found to be highest-paying degree for first employment of college graduates.Chemical engineering has been successively ranked in the Top 2 places in the Most Lucrative Degrees Survey by CNN Money in the United States of America. In the UK, the Institution of Chemical Engineers 2006 Salary Survey reported an average salary of approximately £53,000, with a starting salary for a graduate averaging £24,000. Chemical engineering is a male-dominated field: as of 2009, only 17.1% of professional chemical engineers are women. However, that trend is expected to shift as the number of female students in the field continues to increase.
it became clear that unit operations alone was insufficient in developing chemical reactors. While the predominance of unit operations in chemical engineering courses in Britain and the United States continued until the 1960s, transport phenomena started to experience greater focus. Along with other novel concepts, such process systems engineering (PSE), a "second paradigm" was defined. Transport phenomena gave an analytical approach to chemical engineering while PSE focused on its synthetic elements, such as control system and process design. Developments in chemical engineering before and after World War II were mainly incited by the petrochemical industry, however, advances in other fields were made as well. Advancements in biochemical engineering in the 1940s, for example, found application in the pharmaceutical industry, and allowed for the mass production of various antibiotics, including penicillin and streptomycin. Meanwhile, progress in polymer science in the 1950s paved way for the "age of plastics".
Concerns regarding the safety and environmental impact of large-scale chemical manufacturing facilities were also raised during this period. Silent Spring, published in 1962, alerted its readers to the harmful effects of DDT, a potent insecticide. The 1974 Flixborough disaster in the United Kingdom resulted in 28 deaths, as well as damage to a chemical plant and three nearby villages. The 1984 Bhopal disaster in India resulted in almost 4,000 deaths. These incidents, along with other incidents, affected the reputation of the trade as industrial safety and environmental protection were given more focus. In response, the IChemE required safety to be part of every degree course that it accredited after 1982. By the 1970s, legislation and monitoring agencies were instituted in various countries, such as France, Germany, and the United States.
More than 4 million paying customers from 175 countries.
You can subscribe to more than 500 apps for learning and training via GoLearningBus.Com.
GoLearningBus brings you a simple, crisp and to-the-point app for "Learn Chemical Engineering by GoLearningBus".
You have limited access to the content provided.
In guest mode you can access first chapter for free.
Login further to access second chapter of each app.
For full access to the content, please login and purchase this application.
The app provides:
1. Snack sized chapters for easy learning.
2. Bite sized flashcards to memorize key concepts
3. Simple and easy quizzes for self-assessment.
This app provides a quick summary of Chemical Engineering via easy to grasp snack sized chapters:
"Chemical Engineering" includes:
Introduction to Chemical Engineering,
Basics of Chemistry,
Equations,Reactions and Basics of Quantum Mechanics,
Heat and Mass Transfer,
Solids, Liquids and Gases,
Fluid and Particle Dynamics,
Chromatography and Types,
Unit Process and Process Control,
Transport and Storage of Fluids,
This app will access your personal information like first name, last name, and Email id.
For more details you may refer our privacy terms at http://golearningbus.com/tou.html.
Why GoLearningBus apps:
1) Beautifully simple, Amazingly easy, Massive selection of apps.
2) Enjoyable, Entertaining and Exciting apps.
3) An incredible value for money. Lifetime of free updates!
★ ★ ★ GoLearningBus Vision : simpleNeasy Apps for a lifetime of on-the-go learning.★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ To make education enjoyable, entertaining, and exciting for everyone. ★ ★ ★
Visit us : www.GoLearningBus.com
Please write to us at Team@WAGmob.com. We would love to improve this App.
This App is very useful for Metallurgicals, ITI & Engineering Students.
In this app shortcut links are provided to all Top Sites. You can use this App as Web browser.
-Metallurgical Questions & Answers
-Advanced videos for Metallurgicales and engineers
- educational videos for Metallurgical & Engineering Students
- Metallurgicals educational videos
- Metallurgical educational apps
- fun educational videos for Metallurgical
- educational video and apps for engineers
- educational Metallurgical videos free
- teacher apps
- teacher videos
- learning with fun
- educational video for automobile engg
- educational videos for polytechnic
- learning videos for mechanical engineer
- recognize education app
- educational videos for diploma engineering
- train memory
- improve Knowladge.
-have links to all top websites on net.
-App provide special offers,
Educational Quiz & videos are advanced videos explicitly designed with educational purposes, or which have incidental or secondary educational value. All types of videos may be used in an educational environment. Educational videos are videos that are designed to teach people about certain subjects, expand concepts, reinforce development, understand an historical event or culture, or assist them in learning as they play.
This educational app is developed by-
ENGINEERING APPS- Manoj Dole
Download more educational Apps -
The user of this application can search for Definitions for certain chemical terms.
The user can also share the content of this application through the different social networks.
The Chemistry Group
Sultan Qaboos University
Smart Apps L.L.C
Each topic is around 600 words and is complete with diagrams, equations and other forms of graphical representations along with simple text explaining the concept in detail.
This USP of this application is "ultra-portability". Students can access the content on-the-go from anywhere they like.
Basically, each topic is like a detailed flash card and will make the lives of students simpler and easier.
Some of topics Covered in this application are:
1. HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE OF MATERIALS
2. ENGINEERING REQUIREMENTS OF MATERIALS
3. Classification of engineering materials
4. Organic and inorganic materials
7. CURRENT TRENDS AND ADVANCES IN MATERIALS
8. Advanced materials
9. Smart materials (materials of the future)
10. Nanostructured materials and nanotechnology
11. Quantum dots
13. Level of material structure examination and observation
14. Material structure
15. Engineering metallurgy
16. Selection of the materials
17. Atomic concepts in physics and chemistry
18. Atomic Structure: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
19. Atomic Structure: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
20. ELECTRONS IN ATOMS
21. THE PERIODIC TABLE
22. BONDING FORCES AND ENERGIES
23. Ionic Bonding
24. Covalent Bonding
25. Metallic Bonding
26. SECONDARY BONDING OR VAN DER WAALS BONDING
27. Crystal Structures: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
28. The Face-Centered Cubic Crystal Structure
29. The Body-Centered Cubic Crystal Structure
30. The Hexagonal Close-Packed Crystal Structure
31. CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC PLANES
32. CRYSTAL SYSTEMS
33. POINT COORDINATES
34. CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC DIRECTIONS
35. Hexagonal Crystals
36. Atomic Arrangements
37. CLOSE-PACKED CRYSTAL STRUCTURES
38. VACANCIES AND SELF-INTERSTITIALS
39. IMPURITIES IN SOLIDS
40. DISLOCATIONS - LINEAR DEFECTS
41. INTERFACIAL DEFECTS
42. Microscopic Examination
43. Optical Microscopy
44. Electron Microscopy
45. GRAIN SIZE DETERMINATION
46. Introduction to mechanical properties
47. CONCEPTS OF STRESS AND STRAIN
48. Compression Tests
49. STRESS-STRAIN BEHAVIOR
51. ELASTIC PROPERTIES OF MATERIALS
52. Plastic Deformation
53. Yielding and Yield Strength
54. Tensile Strength
58. TRUE STRESS AND STRAIN
59. ELASTIC RECOVERY AFTER PLASTIC DEFORMATION
61. Rockwell Hardness Tests
62. Brinell Hardness Tests
63. Knoop and Vickers Microindentation Hardness Tests
64. Hardness Conversion
65. Correlation Between Hardness and Tensile Strength
66. VARIABILITY OF MATERIAL PROPERTIES
67. Computation of Average and Standard Deviation Values
68. DESIGN/SAFETY FACTORS
69. Phase diagrams-introduction
70. SOLUBILITY LIMIT
72. PHASE EQUILIBRIA
73. ONE-COMPONENT (OR UNARY) PHASE DIAGRAMS
74. Binary Phase Diagrams
75. BINARY ISOMORPHOUS SYSTEMS
76. Determination of Phase Compositions
77. Determination of Phase Amounts
78. Equilibrium Cooling
79. Nonequilibrium Cooling
80. MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF ISOMORPHOUS ALLOYS
81. BINARY EUTECTIC SYSTEMS
82. DEVELOPMENT OF MICROSTRUCTURE IN EUTECTIC ALLOYS
83. EQUILIBRIUM DIAGRAMS HAVING INTERMEDIATE PHASES OR COMPOUNDS
84. EUTECTOID AND PERITECTIC REACTIONS
85. CONGRUENT PHASE TRANSFORMATIONS
86. THE GIBBS PHASE RULE
87. THE IRON-IRON CARBIDE (Fe-Fe3C) PHASE DIAGRAM
88. DEVELOPMENT OF MICROSTRUCTURE IN IRON-CARBON ALLOYS
89. Hypoeutectoid Alloys
90. Hypereutectoid Alloys
91. THE INFLUENCE OF OTHER ALLOYING ELEMENTS
92. FERROUS ALLOYS
93. Low-Carbon Steels
94. Medium-Carbon Steels
95. High-Carbon Steels
96. Stainless Steels
97. Cast Irons
98. Gray Iron
99. Ductile (or Nodular) Iron
All topics are not listed because of character limitations set by the Play Store.
Covers almost all chemistry related words including laboratory tools, glassware, and equipment.
Alphabetical arrangements of each word for easy search.
Each word gives you proper definition / description.
As a member, you can access information on recognized and promising chemical engineering processes and methods. Connect with a global network of intelligent, resourceful colleagues and their shared wisdom. Find learning opportunities from recognized authorities. Move forward professionally with AIChE and enrich the world we live in.
☆ PC World: "5.0 out of 5 stars". "This app provides a wealth of detail about the Periodic Table". "This great app is free, so go ahead and download it".
BEST Periodic Table Features
■ The complete list of 118 elements
■ Instant search! Find elements by name, symbol or number. Write just part of element name and you will be redirected to element description. If more than one is found, you'll be able to choose.
■ You can choose criteria used to set elements background color in the Table (by category, state, crystal structure...)
■ You can change which properties to appear directly in the Table. The 4 most-used properties can be shown there
■ Fast-access list of elements. Sort as you prefer (by name, symbol, atomic number, etc.)
■ 55 properties for each element! Including weight, state, boiling & melting point (°C & °F), electronegativity, crystal structure (image included), electron configuration, electrons per shell, color, discoverer and MUCH more.
■ You can copy any property to clipboard to use in another app
■ Reorder properties as you wish, so most used are on top
■ List of isotopes for each element, including isotope, half-life, spin-parity, decay and abundance
■ For more info, browse Wikipedia article of each element
■ Take a Quiz! Ideal to make sure you're ready for next test in School. As everything else, you can configure it. Choose what about to be asked (Elements names, atomic number, symbol, atomic weight, crystal structure, boiling point and/or melting point); what elements categories to include in test; whether to show element information on top as a help; number of questions; number of possible answer to choose from.
■ Choose when to start when you open Periodic Table Droid (Elements list, Periodic Table, or Quiz mode)
Download this most complete, customizable, Chemistry Periodic Table of Elements free for your Android!
❐ Please don’t hesitate to contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any issues you may have;
❐ Give us 5 stars if you like us! Thanks & enjoy!
agriculture, alternative energy, automotive engineering, biology, chemistry, construction, dust separation, economics, environmental protection, exhaust gas treatment, exhaust gas reduction (automotive), flue gas cleaning, genetic engineering, general terms relevant to environmental engineering, general technical terms, law, mathematics, natural sciences, noise protection, organisations, physics, politics, professions, radiation, radiation protection, radiation measurement technology, recycling, remediation of contaminated sites, sewage management & sludge treatment, units & symbols, waste disposal, landfills, garbage incineration, water management, water pollution
Where deemed relevant, short explanations have been included to simplify usage, and differences between British and American usage, as well as Austrian and Swiss terms are indicated.
The basis for compiling the dictionary were environmental engineering texts from governmental and non-governmental organizations as well as scientific texts and text material from companies. A machine-readable text corpus was set up based on this material to identify the most common word forms and specialist phraseology. This methodological approach was supplemented by the traditional analysis of reference books, trade journals, and sources of information on the internet.
About the UniLex-App for Android
- Clear and intuitive user interface
- Automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "roof" will also find "copper roofing" and "timber roof structure".
- Filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- Fast scrolling in an index list
- Hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- Display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- Two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the tablet-app
- You can try out the software for a limited time without purchasing a serial number from Acolada. After this trial interval has expired, the software ceases to function. If you want go on using the software after that, you have to purchase a serial number from Acolada.
- Offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.
• A quick search multiple online & offline dictionaries at once
• Download free dictionaries such as StarDict-compatible dictionaries from the market and internet
• Quick Search Box
• Long-click to share search results: Send results to other apps
• Word jump: Click a word to go to search results for that word
• Word suggestion: See auto-completions for partially entered words.
• Search history
• Customize color of dictionary
• Voice recognition
• Supports ColorNote App: ColorNote dictionary integration
• Supports E-book Reader integration
Supported offline dictionaries:
• English Wordnet offline dictionary (included)
• English thesaurus offline dictionary (included)
• English <-> Japanese StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> Chinese StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> German StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• English <-> Spanish StarDict offline dictionary (Download Add-On)
• Bible offline dictionary (stardict)
Supported online dictionary
• Wikipedia encyclopedia (included)
How to download StarDict dictionary from the internet.
• Download the file to your PC
• Copy compressed file (tar.bz2, *.tar.gz, *.zip) to sdcard /dictdata directory
• Dict - Menu - Direct Download - Enter URL
E-Book Readers integrated with ColorDict
• FBReader, Moon+ Reader, Cool Reader, ezPDF Reader
• Supports Dictionary API for third-party developers
This is free version. Check also World Factbook Pro with reference maps and some other extra features not available in free version.
Determine fuel efficiency regardless of the power conversion technology.
Determine power-plant heat rate.
Determine Relay numbers and their definitions.
Determine pipe and flange data based on size and rating.
Determine safe high voltage clearances.
Determine vibration calculations.
Determine percentage of flash steam.
Determine electrical terminology definitions.
ASM International was founded in 1913 as the American Society for Metals. Today, ASM is the world's largest association of metals-focused materials scientists and engineers with over 30,000 members worldwide. A member and volunteer-based organization, ASM serves as a central resource that gathers the latest applied information from the field and disseminates it back to industry, academia, and government through high-quality published content, classes, conferences, expositions, and local chapter engagement. To learn more, please visit asminternational.org
The widget is made up of two parts:
1) An configuration app in which you enter your username and password for the PFIKS Service Desk and select which ticket view you wish to see.
2) The widget itself. To create a widget, you will need to drag an instance onto your devices home page.
Please add PFIKS Service Desk Widget to your home screen with the outline steps below:
Method 1: Press Home button followed by Menu button. Select Add -> Widgets -> PFIKS Tickets.
Method 2: Press Home button to show the home screen. Tap and hold your finger on any available space, select Widgets -> PFIKS TICKETS.
Steps to add widgets on home screen might be different in devices from various manufacturers with their custom user interfaces.