Kannada is a Dravidian language spoken primarily in Karnataka State in South India, and has a literature that dates from the ninth century. It has a population of 35,346,000 speakers, and is spoken not only in Karnataka, but to some extent in the neighboring states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Maharashtra.
Audio pronunciation is in beta stage.
About 400 Vachanas come in handy when you need to know about values and principles of life.
Some of the app reviews:
1. Jai Karnataka Awesome application to review our knowledge about the Kannada literature and culture.... Bow down to Kannadamabe... by Harish.
2. Thanks a lot for this great work and this is really notable contribution to kannada literature. I am enthusiastically waiting to see more and more vachanas to be uploaded. By Basavaraj
3.ನೀವು ನಿಜವಾದ ಕನ್ನಡಿಗರು.. ನಿಮ್ಮ ಮುಂದೆ ನಮ್ಮಭಿಮಾನ ಬಹಳ ಕಡಿಮೆ.. ಅದ್ಬುತವಾದ ಅಪ್ಲಿಕೇಷನ್ :-) By Abhishek
4. ಆನಂದ ಸುಲಭ ಸುಂಧರ ಅಭಿನಂಧನಿಯ. By Rajesh
5.Wonderful app Thanks for this wonderful. Can read these inspiring and thoughtful vachanas anytime anywhere. People like you make Kannada vachanas shine. Thanks for the app and continue the good work. By Vasanth
6.ಉತ್ತಮವಾದ ಕೆಲಸ ತುಂಬ ಸಂತಸದ ವಿಷಯ, ಅಳಿವಿನ ಅಂಚಿನಲ್ಲಿರುವ ವಚನ ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯಕ್ಕೊಂದು ಹೊಸ ಚೇತನ. ಮುಂದುವರೆಯಲಿ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಈ ಕೃಷಿ. ಜೈ ಕನ್ನಂಡಾಂಬೆ. ದಯಾನಂದ.
7.Thumba olle application. 'Kannada vachanagalu' e hesarin app nodi ishtavaythu nange. App open madi nodoku munche ratings kotte. Nimma prayathnakke danyavada. Vschanagala artha, kavigala kiru parichaya idre innu chanagiruthe annodu nanna abipraya. Danyavada. By Hemanthraju
8.Awesome.. This application is excellent superb...this is what I expecting..really good. But if there is a meaning of all vachanaas it would be more good... By Muniraju
9. Excellent job Really delighted with your efforts. Ee tarahada kannada kelasagalu hecchagali. Android lokadalloo kannadada deepa belagali. By Suresh
10. Very nice Jeevanake darideepagalee anubhavada naija vachanamruta vanigalu. By Swaroop
If you have any issues with the app, please feel free to contact at email@example.com
More Vachanas with various improvements coming in the next few weeks :)
Download this app only if you can read this --->"ಕನ್ನಡವೇ ಸತ್ಯ ಕನ್ನಡವೇ ನಿತ್ಯ ". If you are seeing boxes or blank spaces, your phone does not support Kannada Scripts :( Please don't rate the app badly for this reason.
If you find any mistakes or bugs in the app please let us know in reviews!
We will correct them.
Support Kannada Developers and promote Kannada Language.
ವಚನ ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ ೧೨ನೇ ಶತಮಾನದಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾತಿ, ಧರ್ಮ, ವರ್ಣಾಶ್ರಮದ ವಿರುದ್ದ ಬಂಡೆದ್ದು ಮಾನವ ಜಾತಿ, ಧರ್ಮ ಒಂದೇ ಸಾರಿದಲ್ಲದೆ ಅದನ್ನು ನಿಜಜೀವನದಲ್ಲಿಯೂ ಕಾರ್ಯರೂಪಕ್ಕೆ ತಂದವರು ಶಿವಶರಣರು. ಶ್ರೀ. ಬಸವಣ್ಣನವರ ನೇತೃತ್ವದಲ್ಲಿ ಆತ್ಮ ಶುದ್ಧಿ ಮತ್ತು ಕಾಯಕದ ಮಹತ್ವವನ್ನು ಜಗತ್ತಿಗೇ ತಿಳಿ ಹೇಳಿದ್ದಲ್ಲದೇ ಕಾರ್ಯರೂಪಕ್ಕೂ ತಂದವರು ಶಿವಶರಣರು. ಉಚ್ಛ ಕುಲದವರ ಸ್ವತ್ತೆಂದು ಪರಿಗಣಿಸಿದ್ದ ಸಂಸ್ಕೃತದ ಸೋಂಕಿಲ್ಲದೆ, ಪ್ರಾಸ, ಛಂದಸ್ಸುಗಳ ಸೋಂಕಿಲ್ಲದೆ ನಾಡಿನ ಜನರ ಆಡುಭಾಷೆಯಾದ ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿಯೇ ಸೀದಾ ಸಾದಾ ನೇರ ನುಡಿಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ರಚಿತವಾದವುಗಳು ಶಿವ ಶರಣರ ವಚನಗಳು. ಈ ವಚನಗಳು ಕೇವಲ ದೇವರು, ದಿಂಡಿರುಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಮಾತ್ರ ಸೀಮಿತವಾಗದೆ, ಜನಸಾಮಾನ್ಯರ ಜೀವನದಲ್ಲಿ ಹಾಸು ಹೊಕ್ಕಾಗಿರುವ ಸೂಕ್ಷ್ಮ ಸಮಸ್ಯೆಗಳ ಎಳೆಗಳನ್ನು ವಚನಕಾರರ ವಚನಗಳುಮಾರ್ಮಿಕವಾಗಿ ತಿಳಿಸಿವೆ.
ಇಂತಹ ಸೊಗಸಾದ ವಚನಗಳನ್ನು ಇಂದಿನ ಪೀಳಿಗೆಯ ಜನರಿಗೆ ತಲುಪಿಸುವ ಸಲುವಾಗಿ ಈ ಒಂದು ಸಣ್ಣ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ.
ಈ ಅಪ್ಲಿಕೇಶನ್ ನಲ್ಲಿ ಕನ್ನಡದ ಪ್ರಸಿದ್ದ ವಚನಕಾರರದ ಜಗದ್ಗುರು ಬಸವಣ್ಣನವರ ವಚನಗಳು, ಶರಣೆ ಅಕ್ಕಮಹಾದೇವಿಯ ವಚನಗಳು, ತತ್ವಜ್ಞಾನಿ ಸರ್ವಜ್ಞನ ವಚನಗಳು ಹಾಗೂ ಅಲ್ಲಮಪ್ರಭುವಿನ ತಲಾ ನೂರು ವಚನಗಳನ್ನು ಸೇರಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ.
ನಿಮ್ಮ ಪ್ರತಿಕ್ರಿಯೆಗಳನ್ನು firstname.lastname@example.org ಗೆ ಕಳುಹಿಸಿ.
This application features are,
--> Trace the Alphabets with painting.
--> Trace the Numbers with painting.
--> Doodle with fingers and showing some artistic skills.
--> Test your memory by play the matching game. Check out
and match the attractive images.
We appreciate everything you have to say. Just leave your valuable comment for us, by that in future we may made very good and attractive applications for you.
The features of the application
-- Add new phrases
-- Edit the existing phrases
-- Delete the existing phrases
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- (Mark Twain)
* Level 1 teaches the Alphabets, Phonetic Sounds and Symbols of the alphabets
* Use the iPhone/iPod as the Slate to trace the letters & Symbols
* Saves dozens of hours of teaching and testing time for Parents
* Random Testing feature enables kids to self test the letters, sounds and symbols
7-D Teaching Approach.
Phonetics - enable them to practice correct pronunciation
Writing/Tracing of the Alphabet
Contemporary English examples
Symbols ( Maatras) of the alphabets
Placement of the symbol
Transliteration - what to type in the language editors
2-D Testing Approach
1. Test the Phonetics/Sounds of the alphabets.
2. Test the writing skills of the alphabets
More details can be found at www.aimkara.com
Note: Sounds/Phonetics of some of the alphabets vary slightly based on the which region it is used. We try to stick to the more generic and contemporary usage.
If you find any discrepancies, please inform us directly, email@example.com
What makes this picture dictionary so special and puts it apart from other ordinary picture dictionaries is its extremely simplified user interface! Please go through video and screenshots of “Kannada Picture Dictionary” to experience its very simple user interface which helps you learn language almost effortlessly! This picture dictionary all about making learning a fun activity and save your lot of time…
“Kannada Picture Dictionary” works as slide-show of pictures with meaning in both English and Kannada language. So whenever you get time even for two minutes, you can quickly add few words to your vocabulary. Do it while you having food or even a morning tea! You just have to turn on “Kannada Picture Dictionary” on your mobile or tablet. Keep watching and keep learning. You can change pictures or series just by click of a button. You can toggle on or off slide-show mode anytime as you wish.
This picture dictionary is been designed from ground up to make sure that it benefits learner of all ages and expertise. We have carefully chosen words, pictures and objects from all areas of life like: animals, birds, insects, food, fruits, flowers, human body, seasons, climate, chemicals, physical objects, machines, tools, vehicles, travel, transportation, building, countries, flags, religious places, moods, numbers, math symbols, daily activities, business, general knowledge and what not. Even if you are just three year old kid or eighty year old senior, you will find lot of useful words that will enrich your vocabulary and give your linguistic capabilities an edge!
Improve your vocabulary, your control over language and understanding of world by using “Kannada Picture Dictionary” few minutes a day. We are hopeful that you will be discovering new person within yourself in coming few weeks…
> The most simplified and easy to use Picture Dictionary software.
> Slide-show mode for quick and effortless learning!
> Move through pictures and series of words just by clicking ONE button.
> Improvise your vocabulary & linguistic capabilities in just few weeks.
> Come to know about animals, birds, insects, food, fruits, flowers, human body, seasons and climate.
> Learn more about chemicals, physical objects, machines, tools, vehicles, travel, transportation and buildings.
> Improvise your knowledge about countries, flags, religious places, moods, numbers, math symbols, daily activities, business, general knowledge and lot more…
Lot of care has be taken to develop this picture dictionary software, yet there may be errors in spellings, translations and other things. This software is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of fitness for a purpose, or the warranty of non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, we make no warranty that the software will meet your requirements, or the software will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free. This software may have technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors and could be out of date. We take no responsibility of any kind.
SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME
If you find any errors related to spelling or translation please email us, we will be thankful.
1) Vowels feature contains vowel letters and images associated with letters with pronunciation.
2) Consonants feature that contains letters and images associated with letters with pronunciation.
3) Matching puzzle objective is to identify vowel or consonant to its associated word.
4) Popping balloon is fun playing game for kids. When you touch any balloon it will pop and display vowel/consonant with its pronunciation.
5) Join parts puzzle contains four parts of a letter. Puzzle requires you to join these individual parts at correct place and form letter.
6) Scrabble puzzle contains letters/images/numbers. Puzzle is involved with sorting numbers/ hindi alphabets/ images in ascending order from top left to bottom right.
7) Numbers feature contains numbers, pronunciation and description with
examples for each number. It also contains signs and example of number of angles in the number that is same as the number.
Please report if you find any issues with functionality of the application.
1. Letters identification / pronunciation
- Kannada Alphabets (Vowels, Consonants, combinations & conjunctions) identification
- Pronunciation teaching by voice playback and also in English
- Example word for each letter with a picture, Kannada word, English meaning and Pronunciation.
- Provides kids friendly writing environment to start practicing writing starting with drawing lines by connecting dots.
- Provides step by step alphabets writing with animation
- Allows Parent / teacher to record and playback each letter to teach kids / students
- Kids / Students can record the writing and Parent / teacher can verify the same
- Also allows provides drawing and coloring features
3. Quiz to test letters identification
4. Fun based memory game - learning with fun
5. Words (Fruits, Animals, Birds, Bodyparts)
6. Kannada Rhymes
"Kannada Proverbs" is a simple Android application which contains commonly used Kannada proverbs popularly defined as short expressions of popular wisdom. The wisdom is in the form of a general observation about the world or a bit of advice, sometimes more nearly an attitude toward a situation.
This app is a store-house of immense wisdom and knowledge passed down from generation to generation. Kannada proverbs are usually told to express great philosophy, advice and experiences. Few of the popular proverbs are provided with this app.
FEATURE LIST OF KANNADA PROVERBS APP:-
✔ Kannada Proverbs displayed in native Kannada language
✔ Simple, Friendly and Attractive User Interface.
✔ Different sharing options available on single touch.
✔ Share proverbs via Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Viber and other social networks.
✔ Browse and mark as Favorites.
✔ Easy browsing.
✔ View Favorites by selecting the Favorite menu option.
✔ Support for Tablet Devices with multi pane layouts.
✔ Support for Latest Android Version Features and Backward Compatibility with Older Version.
✔ Runs Offline (no need of internet to run the application).
✔ Portrait and Landscape orientation modes.
Note:- To share using Facebook / Twitter and other social network, these apps must be installed on your device.
Carrier or network charges will be applied as per your tariff plan.
We will appreciate for your comments and ratings.
Kannada, proverbs, Kannada proverbs, qoutes, sayings, text, thoutghts.
ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಗೆಲ್ಗೆ, ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಬಾಳ್ಗೆ, ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಮೊಬೈಲ್ಗೆ!
If you are able to read the above text, your device supports Kannada.
If you see BOXES, your device DOES NOT support Kannada.
If you see broken text without vataksharas, your device don’t have proper font rendering engine.
This is a Keyboard Application. This will NOT install any font or rendering engine on your phone.
To enable Just Kannada
Go to Settings -> Languages & Inputs -> tick Just Kannada.
To set as default:
Long press a text field, and select "Input method".
1. Goto Settings -> Language and Keyboards
2. Enable JustKannada
3. Select “Input method” -> then JustKannada
SWIPE LEFT/RIGHT FROM SPACEBAR TO CHANGE LANGUAGE
Works only if
1. Kannada Font Installed
2. Device Complex Font Rendering.
Latest Indian firmwares supports these.
All Device above 4.1 Jelly bean.
Report any issues or requests here or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: Kannada Hindi Telugu Tamil Malayalam Keyboard Android JustHindi JustKannada JustMalayalam AnysoftKeyboard Google Input MultiLing KGP JustTelugu JustTamil Nudi Android Indic
Version 2 includes fixes for the SQLiteException and NullPointerException issues reported. Also displays "word not found" if the word being searched is not found in the dictionary database.
Version 3: New words added under d, g and h. A total of around 3000 words added. Now the app can be installed on SD card.
App helps to learn, recognize and write Kannada alphabets with four steps interactive learning.
Step 1: Learn – Animated help for kids to trace each alphabet
Step 2: Practice - Kid draws the letter with interactive support
Step 3: Workbook- Practice writing each alphabet and its associated object. On correct write, corresponding object image is shown. On wrong, hint is shown so that kid can draw it correctly next time.
Step 4: My Workbook – Save your work to showcase to parents and teachers.
Please send your feedback so we can continue to create better experience for you.
Reader is a compilation of Kannada Text. Pronunciation is given alongside. English meanings follow immediately.
More from developer
- Calendar monthly view with all Indian festival dates specially marked
- Long Tap on the event in Month or year view to add to Android Calendar
- Monthly view also displays the festivals in list view on the bottom half
- Swipe your finger across the calendar to change month or use navigation button to change month
- Festivals listed for each year in the List tab. You can navigate between years to see festivals for the respective year
Note that this application provides only list of Federal Holidays, so for e.g. - Easter is not mentioned in the list
* Application home page shows the next upcoming holiday and the number of days to it.
* Use list view to see all holidays in a year.
* Use month view to see holidays in a month.
* Swipe across the year view or month view to navigate between years / months or use navigation arrow to change year / month.
* Long tap on the event to add it to your Android Phone Calendar and set reminder.
These are the observed federal holidays which do not necessarily fall on the actual holiday; information regarding the holidays are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Please e-mail us with comments and suggestions and they will be included in future updates.