- Savegames from version 0.6.0 and lower are not compatible with current version.
- Version 0.6.0 can be downloaded here: https://android-whereyougo.googlecode.com/files/0.6.0.apk
- Cartridges are downloadable from http://www.wherigo.com, use version "Pocket PC Device".
- If you don't use the built-in download function, place the cartridges into your specified Wherigo folder (default "sdcard/WhereYouGo")
- Wherigo client
- Download cartridges (user needs to fill login credentials in Settings, browse to desired wherigo via Web Browser and select open in WhereYouGo)
- Automatic game saving when user switches to another application
- Online maps
- Offline vector maps (downloadable e.g. here http://download.mapsforge.org/ or http://osm.paws.cz/ or http://www.openandromaps.org/)
- Alternatively Locus can be used to display maps http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=menion.android.locus
- Displays objects on map, including labels and zone borders
- Vector maps display moving objects (Locus does not)
- Translated into many languages (some parts may be untranslated or contain mistakes, if you'd like to contribute with a better translation, please contact me via e-mail :)
The core of the application is based on OpenWIG, it uses Mapsforge library to display maps, alternatively Locus can be used.
https://code.google.com/p/android-whereyougo/ - original project page (contains version 0.7.0)
https://code.google.com/r/biylda-whereyougo/ - project clone (contains current version)
The so-stored tracks can you anytime load from the database and view on your smartphone. It is also possible to store the tracks to Dropbox or Google Drive. From there you can look at the track with Google Maps or Google Earth.
Another option is to replace the tracks on a free web service.
Especially, we would like to point out the possibility of linking with photos. If at current tracking, photos are taken they will be assigned to the appropriate waypoints.
• support for ozf2 maps (ozfx3 maps can be opened but not guaranteed)
• support for OSM vector maps
• support for online maps
• support for SAS.Planet maps cache
• works without maps as a simple navigator
• track recording in background (power-safe)
• navigation to waypoint and via route
• track to route conversion
• route creation and manipulation
• works with waypoints, tracks and routes in Ozi format
• reads waypoints, tracks and routes in KML and GPX format
• HSI and compass
• configurable units
• UTM coordinates
• search for locations via Google geocoder
• location and waypoint sharing
• portrait and landscape modes
• tablet support
Functionality can be extended by plugins:
• receive coordinates via text messages (sms)
• receive coordinates from tracker devices
• share location in real time
Androzic is free and open-source. It is distributed under GNU GPL v3 license. More information can be found on http://androzic.com/
Caution! Modern versions of Img2Ozf generate maps in new encrypted format, they won't open in Androzic. Please use older versions of Img2Ozf, last known good version is 3.03.
The app spawned from feedback to the WhereYouGo app. Many users miss the ability of directly downloading the cartridge files instead of having to manually download them and move them. WhereToGo solves this by letting you download the .gwc files straight to the appropriate folder.
* Easily manage cartridge files.
* Simply click a link to a .gwc file and WhereToGo will take care of the rest.
WhereToGo is completely open source. Source can be located on Github: https://github.com/Untouchab1e/WhereToGo
Download .gwc geocaching cartridge files with the click of a button. A must have companion to WhereYouGo or other geocaching apps.
Adds support for Genshtab (Soviet Military) online maps in scales of 250 m, 500 m, 1 km, 2 km, 5 km, 10 km.
Map source has limited resources so tiles are downloaded not very fast.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map. Maps have limited coverage, you can check it by zooming map to the minimum scale.
Adds support for Thunderforest online maps:
• OpenCycleMap – award-winning global map for cycling.
• Transport – shows public transportation in great detail.
• Landscape – focused on information about the natural world - great for rural context.
• Outdoors – for all the outdoor enthusiasts - hiking, skiing and other activities.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map.
For more information visit: http://www.thunderforest.com/
The 3D maps are rendered in OpenGL by combining map tiles from various sources with elevation data.
Do not expect too much from this app since I'm developing it in my free time. The user interface is poor and simplistic.
• View online/offline maps in 3D;
• Download map areas for offline use;
• View offline maps downloaded with Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC) (atlas format: OSMAND tile storage);
• View Mapsforge maps;
• Import and view OziExplorer maps;
• Attach elevations for current downloaded maps;
• Track recording;
• Track builder;
• Track play;
• Import/Export of tracks in KML format;
• Statistics (altitude, speed, distance);
• Use elevation data in SRTM3 format.
Converts track into route (OziExplorer *.rte or MapSource *.gpx)
Conversion *.plt в *.kml and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt в *.kmz and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to *.gpx and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to OziExplorer route*.rte,
Conversion *.plt to route *.gpx
From Android 4.4.4 and later Google do not permit for third party applications to write to external sd-card. Only to read. So move your source file to internal memory before.
You can use OruxMaps for your outdoor activities (running, treking, mountain bike, paragliding, flying, nautic sports,....)
100% no adversisements
Online and offline maps. Support to multiple formats:
-OruxMaps format. You can use maps from Ozi Explorer transformed wit a PC tool.
-.img garmin (vectorial) -no full support is provided-.
-.map (vectorial from mapsforge). Support to custom themes similat than Locus themes.
Support to Wms, you can use the application as a WMS viewer.
Support to multiple external devices:
-Heart rate monitors, bluetooth Zephyr, Polar (including bluettoh smart devices, like polar H7).
-ANT+ (speed, cadence, heart rate, distance,...).
-AIS information systems (experimental), for nautical sports, using Wifi o BT.
Support to KML KMZ and GPX formats.
Share your position with your friends, display the position of your friends in your device.
Download online maps for offline use.
Text to speech support.
Profiles; save your preferences in your SD card.
Statistics with graphics.
Follow routes, with different alarms to alert you if you are near a waypoint, or you are far from the route.
Create/save wayponits, attaching photo/audio/video extensions.
Custom waypoints types, with your icons.
Basic support to Geocaching.
Correct the altitude of your tracks/routes using DEM files (offline) or online services.
Search/download tracks from:
Search or create tracks using online services from Cloudmade or offline using Broute app.
Upload tracks to:
Live tracking using:
More info here: www.oruxmaps.com
The compass uses magnetic sensor of your device and works correctly both in portrait and landscape mode, optionally locked to portrait mode.
To get the most accurate readings from the compass be sure to keep it in a horizontal level. The compass is most accurate when close to earth.
The compass fully depends on the performance of your device. If it is inaccurate, please check that you aren't being affected by a magnetic field (large metal objects, magnets, high voltage devices). Also you should calibrate your device before each use of compass.
Maps can be either PNG files (recommended) or JPEG files. It is also possible to use the devices built in camera to take a picture of a map, e.g., when standing in front of an information board.
A map can be calibrated either while walking around in the area covered by it, or beforehand if the gps coordinates are already known. Added reference points are automatically saved and can be used the next time the same map is loaded.
MapCalibrator now contains support for loading (really) high resolution images without down sampling them. This support must be enabled in the preferences and is only available on devices running Android 2.3.3 and higher. At the moment it only works for .jpg and .png images.
If you have any problems with the app, please contact me at MapCalibrator@gmail.com instead of posting things in the comments. It is very hard for me to solve problems if I don't get enough data to reproduce them.
(Now with added zombies)
Can't remember where you parked your car?
Having trouble locating that awesome bar you stumbled into last night?
Just want to track the undead hordes in your own post-apocalyptic nightmare?*
Just drop a Thumbtack and never lose it again!
No check-in, no hassle, just remember the things that matter.
( * Zombie apocalypse and subsequent collapse of civilisation not included)
It is simple app for everyone and for any use( dafault purpose is holiday and unknown places).
You can go and save places which you wish to record with some basic description and picture for full experience.
At first you need just to turn on a GPS .At exit .kml file is created in folder "Locations" on your sdcard .That file you can open with Google Earth for mobile or for PC .
Folow markers numbers and see where have you been ..
This app is my graduate work on Faculty of Technical Sciences Cacak and big thanks goes to Zeljko Jovanovic.
1.1.0: Press "Locate me" button to retrieve your current position
The ultimate tool for the serious geocacher when solving multi-caches, powered by Geocaching Live. This buddy app will remember every clue found and will calculate any derived clue or new waypoint for you. Waypoints can be formulas or projections. These and the final cache formula will be evaluated the moment all clues are found and entered. The app can record you parking spot so you'll be able to return to your car after finding the cache.
SEE BEFORE YOU BUY: To get a better idea of the functionality, read the Quick Start Guide at the support website www.gcbuddy.com and download the free trial version.
- Manage a list of caches
- Add caches from geocaching.com, opencaching.de, .pl, .us, .nl, .ro or .org.uk
- Prepare a multi-cache at home on the device or using the web interface
- All images embedded in the local description are preloaded: paperless caching!
- Navigate to the parking location
- Enter answers to questions posed at a waypoint
* convert text to value
* Stack counting
* Roman numerals
- Auto-calculate new waypoints using these answers
- Auto-calculate the cache location using all answers found
- In-app compass when navigating to the next waypoint or cache
- In-app Google Maps waypoint overview
- Show a waypoint on an external map app
- Vibration alert when within 25 m of a waypoint
- Document the waypoints with your camera
- Photo album for each individual geocache + ultrazoom photo viewer
- Make notes before or while caching
- Post a log and optional photo on geocaching.com
- Find your way back to the parking
- Backup all information entered for this cache by e-mail
- Restore / transfer cache info from backup e-mail
- Write protect a cache in the list of caches