- Savegames from version 0.6.0 and lower are not compatible with current version.
- Version 0.6.0 can be downloaded here: https://android-whereyougo.googlecode.com/files/0.6.0.apk
- Cartridges are downloadable from http://www.wherigo.com, use version "Pocket PC Device".
- If you don't use the built-in download function, place the cartridges into your specified Wherigo folder (default "sdcard/WhereYouGo")
- Wherigo client
- Download cartridges (user needs to fill login credentials in Settings, browse to desired wherigo via Web Browser and select open in WhereYouGo)
- Automatic game saving when user switches to another application
- Online maps
- Offline vector maps (downloadable e.g. here http://download.mapsforge.org/ or http://osm.paws.cz/ or http://www.openandromaps.org/)
- Alternatively Locus can be used to display maps http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=menion.android.locus
- Displays objects on map, including labels and zone borders
- Vector maps display moving objects (Locus does not)
- Translated into many languages (some parts may be untranslated or contain mistakes, if you'd like to contribute with a better translation, please contact me via e-mail :)
The core of the application is based on OpenWIG, it uses Mapsforge library to display maps, alternatively Locus can be used.
https://code.google.com/p/android-whereyougo/ - original project page (contains version 0.7.0)
https://code.google.com/r/biylda-whereyougo/ - project clone (contains current version)
The so-stored tracks can you anytime load from the database and view on your smartphone. It is also possible to store the tracks to Dropbox or Google Drive. From there you can look at the track with Google Maps or Google Earth.
Another option is to replace the tracks on a free web service.
Especially, we would like to point out the possibility of linking with photos. If at current tracking, photos are taken they will be assigned to the appropriate waypoints.
The app spawned from feedback to the WhereYouGo app. Many users miss the ability of directly downloading the cartridge files instead of having to manually download them and move them. WhereToGo solves this by letting you download the .gwc files straight to the appropriate folder.
* Easily manage cartridge files.
* Simply click a link to a .gwc file and WhereToGo will take care of the rest.
WhereToGo is completely open source. Source can be located on Github: https://github.com/Untouchab1e/WhereToGo
Download .gwc geocaching cartridge files with the click of a button. A must have companion to WhereYouGo or other geocaching apps.
• support for ozf2 maps (ozfx3 maps can be opened but not guaranteed)
• support for online maps
• support for SAS.Planet maps cache
• works without maps as a simple navigator
• track recording in background (power-safe)
• navigation to waypoint and via route
• track to route conversion
• route creation and manipulation
• works with waypoints, tracks and routes in Ozi format
• reads waypoints, tracks and routes in KML and GPX format
• HSI and compass
• configurable units
• UTM coordinates
• search for locations via Google geocoder
• location and waypoint sharing
• portrait and landscape modes
• tablet support
Functionality can be extended by plugins:
• receive coordinates via text messages (sms)
• receive coordinates from tracker devices
• share location in real time
Androzic is free and open-source. It is distributed under GNU GPL v3 license. More information can be found on http://androzic.com/
Caution! Modern versions of Img2Ozf generate maps in new encrypted format, they won't open in Androzic. Please use older versions of Img2Ozf, last known good version is 3.03.
Adds support for Genshtab (Soviet Military) online maps in scales of 250 m, 500 m, 1 km, 2 km, 5 km, 10 km.
Map source has limited resources so tiles are downloaded not very fast.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map. Maps have limited coverage, you can check it by zooming map to the minimum scale.
Maps can be either PNG files (recommended) or JPEG files. It is also possible to use the devices built in camera to take a picture of a map, e.g., when standing in front of an information board.
A map can be calibrated either while walking around in the area covered by it, or beforehand if the gps coordinates are already known. Added reference points are automatically saved and can be used the next time the same map is loaded.
MapCalibrator now contains support for loading (really) high resolution images without down sampling them. This support must be enabled in the preferences and is only available on devices running Android 2.3.3 and higher. At the moment it only works for .jpg and .png images.
If you have any problems with the app, please contact me at MapCalibrator@gmail.com instead of posting things in the comments. It is very hard for me to solve problems if I don't get enough data to reproduce them.
Converts track into route (OziExplorer *.rte or MapSource *.gpx)
Conversion *.plt в *.kml and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt в *.kmz and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to *.gpx and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to OziExplorer route*.rte,
Conversion *.plt to route *.gpx
You can use OruxMaps for your outdoor activities (running, treking, mountain bike, paragliding, flying, nautic sports,....)
100% no adversisements
Online and offline maps. Support to multiple formats:
-OruxMaps format. You can use maps from Ozi Explorer transformed wit a PC tool.
-.img garmin (vectorial) -no full support is provided-.
-.map (vectorial from mapsforge). Support to custom themes similat than Locus themes.
Support to Wms, you can use the application as a WMS viewer.
Support to multiple external devices:
-Heart rate monitors, bluetooth Zephyr, Polar (including bluettoh smart devices, like polar H7).
-ANT+ (speed, cadence, heart rate, distance,...).
-AIS information systems (experimental), for nautical sports, using Wifi o BT.
Support to KML KMZ and GPX formats.
Share your position with your friends, display the position of your friends in your device.
Download online maps for offline use.
Text to speech support.
Profiles; save your preferences in your SD card.
Statistics with graphics.
Follow routes, with different alarms to alert you if you are near a waypoint, or you are far from the route.
Create/save wayponits, attaching photo/audio/video extensions.
Custom waypoints types, with your icons.
Basic support to Geocaching.
Correct the altitude of your tracks/routes using DEM files (offline) or online services.
Search/download tracks from:
Search or create tracks using online services from Cloudmade or offline using Broute app.
Upload tracks to:
Live tracking using:
More info here: www.oruxmaps.com
The 3D maps are rendered in OpenGL by combining map tiles from various sources with elevation data.
Do not expect too much from this app since I'm developing it in my free time. The user interface is poor and simplistic.
• View online/offline maps in 3D;
• Download map areas for offline use;
• View offline maps downloaded with Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC) (atlas format: OSMAND tile storage);
• View Mapsforge maps;
• Import and view OziExplorer maps;
• Attach elevations for current downloaded maps;
• Track recording;
• Track builder;
• Track play;
• Import/Export of tracks in KML format;
• Statistics (altitude, speed, distance);
• Use elevation data in SRTM3 format.
Adds support for Thunderforest online maps:
• OpenCycleMap – award-winning global map for cycling.
• Transport – shows public transportation in great detail.
• Landscape – focused on information about the natural world - great for rural context.
• Outdoors – for all the outdoor enthusiasts - hiking, skiing and other activities.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map.
For more information visit: http://www.thunderforest.com/
- Up-to-date list of earthquakes worldwide
- Geo-location of earthquakes
- Latest satellite images of all continents
- Information about maps and satellites
- Worldwide weather maps
- Current observations of the sun
- Warnings and alerts of severe weather conditions
- UV warnings
Internet connectivity is necessary
You can access and store locally a large range of on-line topographic maps, which will remain available even while being out of cell coverage. AlpineQuest also supports on-board file based maps, like MemoryMap(c) maps.
By using the GPS and the magnetic sensor of your device (with compass display), getting lost is part of the past: you are localized in real-time on the map, which can also be oriented to match where you are looking at.
By staying fully operational out of cell coverage (as often in mountain or abroad), AlpineQuest assists you in all your desires of deep wilderness exploring...
Don't hesitate, use it right now for free!
Note: IGN Top25(c) and OSGB Explorer(c) maps are available in the old MemoryMap(c) QCT format, but NOT included with the application.
PLEASE report suggestions and issues on our dedicated forum: http://www.alpinequest.net/forum (no registration needed, all questions answered).
Do not use comments for that: we cannot answer!
Key features are:
★★ Maps ★★
• Built-in online maps (with automatic local storage; road, topo and satellite maps included);
• Built-in online layers (road names and hills shading);
• On-board offline maps support (visit our website to get the free map creator MOBAC);
• Multiple maps in layers display, with per-map opacity control;
• Advanced SD memory card Map Explorer and Scanner.
Full version includes:
• Complete area storage of online maps for off-line use;
• Get more online maps from the community;
• Memory-Map support (QuickChart .qct maps only, .qc3 maps not compatible).
★★ Landmarks ★★
• Save, restore, display unlimited number of waypoints;
• Advanced SD memory card Landmarks Explorer.
Full version includes:
• Full GPX support (display/browse/create/edit of waypoints, routes and tracks);
• Google Earth KML/KMZ, OziExplorer WPT Waypoints, CSV/TSV files and Geocaching LOC files read/import support;
• Save and share online locations with other users using Community Landmarks;
• Details, advanced statistics and interactive graphics on various items;
• Time Controller to replay time-tagged tracks;
• Routes, tracks and areas creator.
★★ GPS Position / Orientation ★★
• On-map geolocation using GPS or Network;
• Map orientation, compass and target finder;
• Barometer support (for compatible devices).
Full version includes:
• Built-in GPS/Barometric Tracker (long tracking capable, running in a separate and light process);
• Proximity alerts and leave path alerts.
★★ And more: ★★
• Metric, imperial and hybrid distance units;
• GPS Latitude/Longitude and grid coordinate formats (UTM, MGRS, USNG, OSGB Grid, Irish Grid, Swiss Grid, Lambert Grids, DFCI Grid, QTH Maidenhead Locator System, ...);
• Full screen map view;
• Multi-touch zoom;
About the "Phone state and identity" Android permission: due to the backward compatibility of AlpineQuest with Android 1.5, this permission is automatically added by Google Play.
Designed to be an extension of the cartographic application TopoNavigator Android, Toponavigator GPSInfo operates independently.
The main page shows the magnetic compass, the fleet of visible satellites and intensity of the signals and two gradiometers showing pitch & roll sensor values.
The Trip Computer page displays.
trip duration data (Total time, Moving time)
Speed data (Current value, Average Speed, Min. Speed, Max. Speed)
Elevation data (Current value, Min. Elevation, Max. elevation, Total ascending, Total descending)
Movement Bearing in both degrees and cardinal values.
GPS and battery status.
Values can be reset during current session.
"New Section" provides Duration & Distance for a new lap.
Completeness: Plenty of information on GPS fix status (number of visible / in-use satellites, accuracy, azimuth, location coordinates, altitude, PDOP / HDOP / VDOP)
Plenty of information on trip figures (Total time, Moving time, Distance, current Speed, Average Speed, Min. Speed, Max. Speed, current Elevation, Min. Elevation, Max. elevation, Total ascending, Total descending.
Versatility: Representation of the geometry of satellites and GPS position quality with color symbols. Duration & Distance values can be calculated for unlimited number of lap.
Minimal consumption: Adjustable switching frequency of GPS fix, automatic screen turn-off
Responsiveness: Utilization and management of A-GPS data
Compatibility: GGRS87 planar coordinates. WGS84 geographic coordinates in all common formats (Decimal Degrees, DegMin.Min, DegMinSec), speed in km/h, mph & m/sec, export NMEA sentences to a file for post-processing.
Other features: Coordinates Send by e-mail or SMS with direct access to your contacts. Copy coordinates to Clipboard. Sensor calibrating. Full screen mode. Display options. Monitors NMEA files volume. GPS and battery status displayed in Trip Computer. English, Greek & French labels
This will help you to work with such programs as: SasPlanet, Google Earth, OziExplorer, 2Gis and
other navigation applications.
Additionally, you can view a map of "satellites", which are used to determine the current position, and the signal strength from them.
At the moment, for transmission of information the application uses the data transfer protocol - NMEA 0183.
The application supports the following NMEA messages:
GPGGA - Global Positioning System Fix Data
GPGLL - Geographic position, latitude / longitude
GPGSA - GPS DOP and active satellites
GPGSV - Detailed satellite data
GPRMC - Recommended Minimum Specific GPS/TRANSIT Data
GPVTG - Track made good and ground speed
GPZDA - Date and Time
"Powered by Geocaching Live"
GCBuddy now uses a direct 'live' connection to the database containing all geocaches of geocaching.com.
- Add caches from geocaching.com, opencaching.de, .pl, .us, or .org.uk
- Prepare a multi-cache at home on the device or using the web interface
- All images embedded in the local description are preloaded!
- Navigate to the parking location
- Enter answers to questions posed at a waypoint
- Calculate new waypoints using these answers
- Calculate the cache location using all answers found
- Make log notes while caching
- Find your way back to the parking
- Backup all information entered for this cache by email
- Restore info from backup mail from iPhone or Android
- Manage the list of caches
Basic geocaching.com members: READ THE FOLLOWING:
- Basic members have a fixed filter on "Traditionals only" when searching for caches. This is enforced by Geocaching Live!
- If you know the geocaching code(s), enter each code in the first search screen after "I know the code" and download the full description of that cache which includes ALL information like size, difficulty, terrain, description and all predefined waypoints! Note that this can be done for caches of ANY type, not just the traditionals!
- Basic members can perform such a full download for 3 full caches / 24 hr period. This is enforced by Geocaching Live. After these 3 full caches you can still download caches to GCBuddy but these downloads only contain BASIC information (without full description and waypoint list). However, you can always make that cache up-to-date by performing a full download at a later moment.
- Premium members can download the full details for up to 6000 caches per day, view all cache types in your area, and access many more benefits.
A suggestion for improvement or any other comment is welcome at email@example.com