- Savegames from version 0.6.0 and lower are not compatible with current version.
- Version 0.6.0 can be downloaded here: https://android-whereyougo.googlecode.com/files/0.6.0.apk
- Cartridges are downloadable from http://www.wherigo.com, use version "Pocket PC Device".
- If you don't use the built-in download function, place the cartridges into your specified Wherigo folder (default "sdcard/WhereYouGo")
- Wherigo client
- Download cartridges (user needs to fill login credentials in Settings, browse to desired wherigo via Web Browser and select open in WhereYouGo)
- Automatic game saving when user switches to another application
- Online maps
- Offline vector maps (downloadable e.g. here http://download.mapsforge.org/ or http://osm.paws.cz/ or http://www.openandromaps.org/)
- Alternatively Locus can be used to display maps http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=menion.android.locus
- Displays objects on map, including labels and zone borders
- Vector maps display moving objects (Locus does not)
- Translated into many languages (some parts may be untranslated or contain mistakes, if you'd like to contribute with a better translation, please contact me via e-mail :)
The core of the application is based on OpenWIG, it uses Mapsforge library to display maps, alternatively Locus can be used.
https://code.google.com/p/android-whereyougo/ - original project page (contains version 0.7.0)
https://code.google.com/r/biylda-whereyougo/ - project clone (contains current version)
The so-stored tracks can you anytime load from the database and view on your smartphone. It is also possible to store the tracks to Dropbox or Google Drive. From there you can look at the track with Google Maps or Google Earth.
Another option is to replace the tracks on a free web service.
Especially, we would like to point out the possibility of linking with photos. If at current tracking, photos are taken they will be assigned to the appropriate waypoints.
The app spawned from feedback to the WhereYouGo app. Many users miss the ability of directly downloading the cartridge files instead of having to manually download them and move them. WhereToGo solves this by letting you download the .gwc files straight to the appropriate folder.
* Easily manage cartridge files.
* Simply click a link to a .gwc file and WhereToGo will take care of the rest.
WhereToGo is completely open source. Source can be located on Github: https://github.com/Untouchab1e/WhereToGo
Download .gwc geocaching cartridge files with the click of a button. A must have companion to WhereYouGo or other geocaching apps.
• support for ozf2 maps (ozfx3 maps can be opened but not guaranteed)
• support for OSM vector maps
• support for online maps
• support for SAS.Planet maps cache
• works without maps as a simple navigator
• track recording in background (power-safe)
• navigation to waypoint and via route
• track to route conversion
• route creation and manipulation
• works with waypoints, tracks and routes in Ozi format
• reads waypoints, tracks and routes in KML and GPX format
• HSI and compass
• configurable units
• UTM coordinates
• search for locations via Google geocoder
• location and waypoint sharing
• portrait and landscape modes
• tablet support
Functionality can be extended by plugins:
• receive coordinates via text messages (sms)
• receive coordinates from tracker devices
• share location in real time
Androzic is free and open-source. It is distributed under GNU GPL v3 license. More information can be found on http://androzic.com/
Caution! Modern versions of Img2Ozf generate maps in new encrypted format, they won't open in Androzic. Please use older versions of Img2Ozf, last known good version is 3.03.
Adds support for Genshtab (Soviet Military) online maps in scales of 250 m, 500 m, 1 km, 2 km, 5 km, 10 km.
Map source has limited resources so tiles are downloaded not very fast.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map. Maps have limited coverage, you can check it by zooming map to the minimum scale.
This usefull app - no ads - uses GPS data and shows the 5 relevant data in big letters. You can share your geotag with other people.
Activate this application for sports, sailing, tracking, geocaching,in case of rescue or other circumstances.
GPS location shows information about latitude, longitude as geocoordinates - altitude, speed and bearing - clicking the geodata gives opportunity to launch a mapping tool like google maps (if installed on your device)
- simple GPS based compass app & QR code reader
- one of the few compass app's using HDDD MM.MMM format
- designed for use with Geocaching and Treasure Island Maps unique Treasure Hunt Map & Tours
- simple and straight forward to encourage first time users of GPS based navigation
- get most fun out if it by using it with our guided Treasure Hunt Tour's on Koh Samui / Thailand
or QR-Code guided city tours around the world
- get a free copy of our map at most Hotels on Koh Samui
*QR Code Reader now integrated
Keywords: GPS, Compass, Thailand, Koh Samui, Treasure Island
The 3D maps are rendered in OpenGL by combining map tiles from various sources with elevation data.
Do not expect too much from this app since I'm developing it in my free time. The user interface is poor and simplistic.
• View online/offline maps in 3D;
• Download map areas for offline use;
• View offline maps downloaded with Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC) (atlas format: OSMAND tile storage);
• View Mapsforge maps;
• Import and view OziExplorer maps;
• Attach elevations for current downloaded maps;
• Track recording;
• Track builder;
• Track play;
• Import/Export of tracks in KML format;
• Statistics (altitude, speed, distance);
• Use elevation data in SRTM3 format.
You can use OruxMaps for your outdoor activities (running, treking, mountain bike, paragliding, flying, nautic sports,....)
100% no adversisements
Online and offline maps. Support to multiple formats:
-OruxMaps format. You can use maps from Ozi Explorer transformed wit a PC tool.
-.img garmin (vectorial) -no full support is provided-.
-.map (vectorial from mapsforge). Support to custom themes similat than Locus themes.
Support to Wms, you can use the application as a WMS viewer.
Support to multiple external devices:
-Heart rate monitors, bluetooth Zephyr, Polar (including bluettoh smart devices, like polar H7).
-ANT+ (speed, cadence, heart rate, distance,...).
-AIS information systems (experimental), for nautical sports, using Wifi o BT.
Support to KML KMZ and GPX formats.
Share your position with your friends, display the position of your friends in your device.
Download online maps for offline use.
Text to speech support.
Profiles; save your preferences in your SD card.
Statistics with graphics.
Follow routes, with different alarms to alert you if you are near a waypoint, or you are far from the route.
Create/save wayponits, attaching photo/audio/video extensions.
Custom waypoints types, with your icons.
Basic support to Geocaching.
Correct the altitude of your tracks/routes using DEM files (offline) or online services.
Search/download tracks from:
Search or create tracks using online services from Cloudmade or offline using Broute app.
Upload tracks to:
Live tracking using:
More info here: www.oruxmaps.com
Converts track into route (OziExplorer *.rte or MapSource *.gpx)
Conversion *.plt в *.kml and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt в *.kmz and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to *.gpx and vise versa,
Conversion *.plt to OziExplorer route*.rte,
Conversion *.plt to route *.gpx
Adds support for Thunderforest online maps:
• OpenCycleMap – award-winning global map for cycling.
• Transport – shows public transportation in great detail.
• Landscape – focused on information about the natural world - great for rural context.
• Outdoors – for all the outdoor enthusiasts - hiking, skiing and other activities.
To get access to maps install this plugin, restart Androzic, go to maps settings, add needed scales to online map sources. After that select a map.
For more information visit: http://www.thunderforest.com/
1. Photograph physical map or choose image from phone.
2. Orient oneself.
3. Set your position on the map.
4. Repeat 2 and 3 steps at least one time (if you set more points all of them will be used for calculations).
That's all! Now you can see where you are on your map.
It is recommended that distance between points were not less than several hundreds meters.
Maps can be either PNG files (recommended) or JPEG files. It is also possible to use the devices built in camera to take a picture of a map, e.g., when standing in front of an information board.
A map can be calibrated either while walking around in the area covered by it, or beforehand if the gps coordinates are already known. Added reference points are automatically saved and can be used the next time the same map is loaded.
MapCalibrator now contains support for loading (really) high resolution images without down sampling them. This support must be enabled in the preferences and is only available on devices running Android 2.3.3 and higher. At the moment it only works for .jpg and .png images.
If you have any problems with the app, please contact me at MapCalibrator@gmail.com instead of posting things in the comments. It is very hard for me to solve problems if I don't get enough data to reproduce them.
- Up-to-date list of earthquakes worldwide
- Geo-location of earthquakes
- Latest satellite images of all continents
- Information about maps and satellites
- Worldwide weather maps
- Current observations of the sun
- Warnings and alerts of severe weather conditions
- UV warnings
Internet connectivity is necessary