"Crazy Bishop" with very high quality graphics!
Adjustable playing strength from 100 levels!
You can choose the strength of the computer from 258 to 2300 in ELO rating.
Level 1 is extremely weak, and Level 100 is extremely difficult to beat!
The Chess has 100 different levels of play from beginner to expert!
Challenge to win medals by defeating computer!
You will be rewarded to enable changing the board style and pieces design by collecting medals. (Normal mode only)
- Human vs Computer, Human vs Human(sharing a single device)
- Computer gives your level evaluation by ELO rating in rating mode,
very useful for tracking your progress
- Enter and analyze any position you like in edit mode
- Hint facility to improve your game
- Review mode during a game
- Save/Load game records
- Supporting PGN file for both reading and writing
- Export game records via e-mail in text format or as a PGN file
- Enable to view full game history in the game record and restart game
from the selected move, which should be very practical for improving your chess
- Autosaves your current game
- Unlimited Free Play (Live/Blitz and Daily/Correspondence Games)
- 50,000+ Tactics Puzzles
- Video Lessons by Grandmasters
- Play & Analyze with Powerful Computer Engine
- Make Friends & Send Messages
- Great Themes for Boards & Pieces
- “I’ve tried every chess app out there and the Chess.com app is in a class by itself. It\'s the only chess app you\'ll ever need, and the best choice if you want to improve!” - Michael
- “Amazing! Play with friends or random people at your skill level. So much fun!” - Pplaya901
- “I use it daily for Tactics Training, Live Games, and videos on strategy. I love this app!” - Samantha212
- “Great chess app and perfect mobile compliment to an excellent website. Highly recommended for beginners and experienced players alike.” - Brian
- “Makes playing chess against other players from around the world easy and fun.” - Northflow
Chess.com is #1 in online chess with million of members from around the globe. Chess.com is built by chess players and enthusiasts who really love chess, not just programmers tinkering around with chess.
Whenever a move is made, the position on the board is automatically updated.
Integrated analysis engine (stockfish)
Please consider downloading Live Chess App Pro to help further development of Live Chess App
The Pro version features:
If you would like a tournament added to the list of available tournaments, then just send us a mail.
Follow live chess where ever you are
The famous strategy board game chess, also known as the royal game, is played by moving the chess pieces (black and white) in turns across the game board. The rules of the game state that a game of chess is won if no more moves are possible and the opponent's king, the most important chess piece, is in checkmate.
We have packed the best strategy and tactical board game in a free app, with three different online variations.
- Single-player: play on your own against the computer. Here you can learn how to play chess or simply improve your chess skills.
- Local multiplayer: the same rules of the game as in the single-player-mode against the AI.
The board game is played on only one mobile device, however not as a computer game but rather by trying to checkmate your friend through logical thinking and your chess pieces, such as pawn, rook, queen, bishops, knight and king.
- Online multiplayer: logical thinking and online strategy with online chess against chess players around the world. Organise your own world championship. If your online opponent has also downloaded our free app, you can play on more than one mobile device.
The online multiplayer mode offers the following functions:
- For every checkmate against your online opponent, Elo points will be credited for your glorious chess moves across the board.
- If you win an online game against an opponent who is particularly good at playing and already has many Elo points, you will also get more Elo points to your player account for a checkmate.
- The more Elo points you have earned by playing chess, the higher you will rise in our ranking list.
- During the game of chess you can open a chat, so that you can chat with your opponent around the world or analyze your chess moves.
- An online friend's list enables you to invite your friends to a free online chess.
- Our free chess app is available worldwide. You can play against opponents from around the world and show them how good your logical thinking and your tactical game is, how you perfectly master your chess moves and chess pieces and how you check and mate your opponent.
- You can see your opponent's country of origin.
Play Chess against online players from around the world, start your own world cup, beat your opponent with your chess array, improve your strategy and tactical game and increase the Elo points in your account. Will your chess moves and chess game checkmate your opponent?
Improve your chess game and become a real chess world champion like Anatoly Karpov, Garry Kasparov or Vladimir Kramnik. Use tactical moves like castling, where rook and king of one colour are moved.
Use different opening moves like the Italian, Spanish, King's Gambit, French, Caro-Kann, Sicilian, Pirc defence, modern defence, Scandinavian, King's Gambit declined, King's Gambit accepted, Blackmar-Diemer Gambit, Nimzo-Indian defence, Queen's Indian defence, King's Indian defence, Grünfeld defence, Benoni defence, Dutch, English or the Sokolsky opening.
We hope you like our free board game, even if it's only available in 2D and unfortunately not in 3D. Chess is definitely more challenging than other board games such as Nine Men’s Morris, Draughts, Halma, the Settlers of Catan, Backgammon, Ludo, Mahjong or Connect 4.
We would appreciate feedback (even if it's critical) on our free Online Chess.
Simply write a mail to the provided support address.