The "Wine Routes" app is available to all wine lovers who wish to visit Europe's vineyards and wineries and design their own wine routes.
The central idea of the app: any wine lover can browse the map, explore wineries and plan a route of their preferred wineries or follow a suggested route. If they have visited the wineries, they can record their point of view as well as save their routes. Each route is designed, based on an algorithm, for the shortest distance or the shortest duration.
The long-term goal of the app is to promote tourism not only for popular but also for all wineries in Europe, offering the opportunity to introduce new wine producers in a wider and more competitive market.
- You can view thousands of wineries with contact information, availability for visitors and products' descriptions.
- Consult a large collection of routes suggested by winemakers and users themselves.
- You can tell about your experience with a winery and rate it. All your reviews are public and available on the map.
- You can also write your opinion on any wine you have tasted for the wineries included in the application.
- You can plan your own routes and save them for future trips. All routes are available on the map with reference to distance, duration and directions.
- Discover and travel through areas with vineyards as they come from Corine 2012.
- Use GPS to plan a route from your location and follow your route.