Counter designed for knitters to keep track of knitting work in mutliply projects. For each project, two counters are available: a row counter and repeat row counter to keep number of repeats in more complicated patterns. When repeat row number is set to 0 or remains empty, the repeats are not being increased.
If you have a 4 row repeat pattern, set "repeat row number" to 4 and check the box "link counters". The counter starts with number 0, since at the beginning you haven't made any row yet. After 1 row, click plus, counter will increase to 1, which means you have finished one row of your pattern. While making row number 4 the counters shows 3, after you finish 4th row and click plus, the counter will restart Row number to 0 and increase Repeat number to 1. That means you have finished your first repeat of the pattern and haven't done any rows of the next repeat yet. When you finish your 4 row repeat pattern and want to set a 6 row repeat pattern, simply change the field "repeat row number" to 6. When you don't want to use any complicated pattern anymore and just count the rows, uncheck the "link counter" box.
If you have any questions or ideas to make it more comfortable for you, simply email me.
Can be used also as standard counter to keep track of whatever needs to be tracked :)
-create new project
-set name, row count, repeat row number, repeat count
-update name, row count, repeat row number, repeat count
-delete each project from main counter screen (with confirmation)
-delete multiple projects from project list (with confirmation)
A must have collection of tools for those who spin yarn. Contains tools for:
* Calculator for YPP, Project Estimator, Niddy Noddy and Plied WPI
Use Long-Press from Listings for options, as well as the Menu button on Entry screens
Email me with any problems or questions
Designed for knitters & crocheters KPD catalogues PDF patterns enabling you to find patterns that match your knitting requirements and more.
One of the main unique functions is the ability to add patterns to a database to which KPD automatically pre-fills fields such as: Gender, Garment Type, Yarn Type, Yarn Weight/Length, Needles, Gauge, Rating, Notes etc. which you can edit if required.
Once you have updated a few patterns you will be able to use the Filter option to list patterns for those matching fields.
For example, if you want to knit a JUMPER for a BABY and you only have 150 grams of 4ply YARN and size 11 NEEDLES then filter to only show the patterns that match these requirements.
Database pattern records can be viewed by text or in a gallery style. Selecting a pattern opens a dialog where you can perform actions like View, Match, Edit pattern etc.
Pattern text can be viewed alongside multiple row counters and markers to highlight your progress. Pattern text can also be edited to suit your needs.
"My Yarns" enables you to catalogue your own wool stash and optionally will list yarns that are suitable for a chosen pattern or list patterns that can be completed using a particular yarn.
KPD comes with a built in bespoke web browser that enables you to download patterns directly into the app. For patterns not in PDF format you can use the built in page2pdf function to convert any web page into a PDF pattern.
Also comes with many handy knitting calculators and much more:
• ounces to grams
• needles to wool size
• sleeve reduction
• row increase/decrease calculator
• 2 sock pattern generators
• yarn substitutions, including feet, yards, meters, ounces and grams
• abbreviations reference
• multiple row / repeat counters with or without pattern text display
• button spacing calculator
• needle sizes reference
• pattern gallery view
• star ratings
• built in pattern browser for easier downloading of patterns
• built in web page to PDF conversion for patterns not available as a PDF download
• add pattern images from pattern, camera or file
• add and edit all categories, i.e. add a new garment type "hats"
• my needles, catalogue your own needles
• my yarns , catalogue your yarn stash
• PDF pattern image & text extraction
• size guides - tops, hats, socks, gloves etc
• backup & restore functions to move data between devices
KPD has lots of in app and on-line help:
and a dedicated on-line user forum:
Plus unrivalled app support (see our reviews), all emails answered within 24 hours!
NOTE: This is an Ad Supported version. If you don't like adverts for a small price you can download the ad free version with no Ads & more features!
Developed by a knitter, for knitters!
Long press Project name to get delete option. Long press counter name for counter options.
To set Stay Awake and Sound global defaults use the Settings option from the Menu on the main app screen. Toggling the value from the project view is just for the current operation and will get reset to the default the next time you open the project.
See website for full feature/release notes.
Please email me with any questions or problems!
+fix for error with older versions due to 4.2.1
+ fix for error with newer android and click sound looping until force quit
+Add the ability to set a minimum for a counter. Handy for when you need to repeat a range of pattern rows (i.e. repeat rows 9-15 six times)
If current value is less than the minimum when using the Set screen, the current value is set to the minimum.
~Modified Edit Note screen to fill screen with edit box and add scroll! Save/Cancel option through Menu button
~Add Toggle Sound to Project Menu (as well as through the settings on the main screen)
1.91: added ability to backup data. Open menu and select "Backup App Data". Your app data will be queued for back up on google's cloud storage and when you install Knitting Stash on another phone or reinstall the app your data will be restored.
1.2: quick fix for Force Close in Counters tab.
0.9:added delete confirmation dialog
added Needed Shopping field to Projects. added ability to sort hooks by size or type.
If you need to consider the made ranks, you can do it, simply moving the slider of the counter with a finger. You can establish any indications of the counter, cancel raws, change the direction of knitting.
You can also create own register of your products. Create a new product, add to it images (schemes, patterns, photos) and details. For each detail its own counter will remember for you, how many you do raws.
If you want, you can knit with helps. For this purpose create your own description of the detail: once enter quantity of stitchs and raws, types of your yarns and patterns, increases of stitch and decreaces, and then you can knit, and the counter will remind you what you may do and when.
You can find the counters by clicking/pressing on the respective card. At the end of the card details there will be a button that says "Counters". Counters cannot be accessed when editing a card.
The Plus version allows you to have multiple projects, and...
***NEW IN v2.0*** by popular demand... multiple counters per project! So, for example, you can keep track of stripes and raglan increases at the same time. Still with the same simple-to-use interface.
If you're a ravelry.com user, you can import your current WIPs, and edit your project notes! (Press menu on the first screen to sync with Ravelry - other counters you have set up separately won't be overwritten).
You can also share finished projects on Twitter/Google+/Facebook/email/whatever other sociable type apps you have installed on your Android device.
Have a bug to report or a feature request? Please do it here: http://littlegreenbugs.com/bugs/apps/countyplus/ or send me an email.
how many skeins of yarn is needed for that next project. This app quickly and easily
converts measurements to and from yards, grams, meters and ounces by doing the
math for you.
Yarn Calculator now comes with a Yarn Estimator. The estimator will help you figure the yardage of any scrap yarn you may have laying around. Note: You must have a scale that weighs to the nearest tenth of a gram.
* **NEW** see projects for a pattern
* favourite, queue, purchase and download patterns
* view your favourite patterns and projects
* stash new yarns
* upload photos to projects and stashed yarns directly from your phone! (No longer requires Ravelry Photo Uploader)
* receive notifications when you get new Ravelry messages and unread forum replies
* search for patterns and yarns by name, and look at photos and yardages required
* look at your queued projects, with recommended yarn and yardages required - handy for yarn shopping!
* see your project details and edit your project notes
* see your friends' projects
* share project photos on twitter/google+/email/facebook
* admire your stash - check yardages of yarn you already have
* see an inventory of your needles and hooks
* once you have looked up something in your projects, queue, stash, needles&hooks, you'll be able to access it offline
Want to know more? Have comments or issues? Come and join the Ravulous group on Ravelry!: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/ravulous
NB. Ravulous is not affiliated with Ravelry. It is written by an independent developer who likes knitting. It is never going to be anything like as good as ravelry.com, but it complements it by offering some useful on-the-go features optimised for mobile devices.
No Ads, No In App Purchases, No Feature Limitations. Full Version.
Progressive Pricing Plan, as follows:
- The first 1,000 downloads are free
- After the 1,000th download, the price goes up to 99 cents
- After the 10,000th download, the price goes up to $2.99
The price will go up, so don't wait, download today. And tell your friends, too!
I hope you enjoy the app. Reviews are always greatly appreciated!
Set up is fairly self-explanatory. Simply enter the row and repeat values for your project, then tap “Start Counting”. Current Row, Current Repeat, (and when in portrait mode) Remaining Rows, and Remaining Repeats are displayed. Over-sized numbers double as counting buttons. Row and repeat counters are linked together, but you can advance (by tapping current numbers) and retreat (by tapping remaining numbers) by row or by repeat. Whichever number button you tap increases and other counters adjust accordingly.
Try switching between portrait and landscape modes. In landscape mode, current counters are even larger and remaining counters are not displayed, but the hardware “Back” button may still be used to retreat the row count, if necessary. When you get to the final row of the project, you will be given an option to take a picture of your finished project!
To exit the app while counting, either tap the hardware “Menu” button, then tap “Stop this application”, or tap “Project Menu” then tap the hardware “Back” button. Your project (number of rows and repeats) and your place (current row and current repeat) are always saved before you exit. So when you return from an extended break, you’ll have the option to resume your project where you left off or set up a new project.
Additionally, a never-ending project can be set up by entering “0” repeats. This allows the pattern to be repeated indefinitely. Since repeat counters are hidden in this mode, row counters are even bigger!
Finally, you’ll see a small timer at the bottom of the screen. This may be the only knitting counter app in the universe with this feature. Ever wonder after a few stitches whether you tapped the advance button or not? Hopefully by displaying time elapsed since the last tap, you can determine whether or not you did! (If not, kindly just ignore it.)
This is my beta release, there are quite a few features on the roadmap. Feel free to send me any feedback or requests you don't want to leave here:
via the ravelry group - http://www.ravelry.com/groups/dirty-needles
vie email - email@example.com
or message me on ravelry - nebulaespiral.
Keep calm and cast on!
Pattrick combines a flexible and powerful free-text super search that gets you right to what you're looking for, with a mobile-optimised power search that gives you access to all the filters you need to get really specific.
Whether you're looking to make a treat for yourself, a great gift for your niece, or trying to justify buying that gorgeous skein of yarn... Pattrick will find the perfect pattern!
Ask Pattrick by typing freely, like:
- "Drawstring bag using chunky yarn"
- "Ankle socks for 7 year old girl"
- "400m of double knit cotton"
You can even use dictation input to speak naturally and ask:
- "I want to make an aran v-neck sweater for my son"
- "Show me some owl teapot cozies"
- "What can I make with 200m of chunky yarn?"
Refine any search using the full power of Ravelry's filters, with an easy-to-use interface designed specially for mobile devices.
The beautiful Material Design user interface allows for quick and easy conversions from a number in one unit to another. The goal is to keep it simple - you won't be overwhelmed with an excess of options and settings, allowing you to perform your desired conversion as quickly as possible. Perfect for work, school or in the kitchen.
Available unit conversions include:
- Temperature (celsius, fahrenheit, kelvin, etc)
- Length (kilometer, miles, meter, yard, feet, etc)
- Mass/Weight (kilogram, pound, ounce, ton, stone, etc)
- Speed (km/h, mph, knot, etc)
- Area (square kilometer, square mile, hectare, acre, etc)
- Cooking Volume (teaspoon, tablespoon, cup, pint, quart, ounce, etc)
- Pressure (kilopascal, bar, PSI, etc)
- Power (watt, kilowatt, horsepower, etc)
- Energy (joule, calorie, BTU, etc)
- Time (year, month, day, hour, second, etc)
- Fuel Consumption (miles per gallon, liters per 100km, etc)
- Digital Storage (bit, byte, megabytes, gigabytes, etc)
**PLEASE NOTE** - The only permission requested is for the DONATE option... if you don't wish to donate, nothing will change, you won't be charged anything and you can continue to use the app as normal :)
- Use the slide-in menu for navigation between conversions and select the units you require. To open the slide-in menu, swipe in from the left edge of the app, or press the app icon in the top left corner. You can also swipe left-to-right to switch between conversions.
- The converted value is fully customizable. Use the options menu to select the number of decimal places required as well as the grouping and decimal separators. You can also swipe left-to-right to switch between conversions.
- Long-pressing on the converted value copies it to the clipboard.
No ads and no permissions required! If you run into trouble or have suggestions for new features please feel free to email me.
- Intelligent row counter (informs you of completion, stitch increase/decrease and pattern rows)
- Store photos and detailed notes of all your projects
- Import and edit all your Ravelry projects (Pro version only)
- View your Ravelry Stash (Pro version only)
- Store your knitting needle and crochet hook inventory
- Needle and hook size conversions between US and metric
- Yarn weight standards chart
- Calculate the amount you need for a substitute wool or yarn for your pattern
- A variety of light and dark themes
I'm constantly looking for ways to improve your experience, if you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to email me.
Or better yet, come say hi in our group on Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitwits-for-android
NOTE: The free version is limited to storing 3 projects at a time and contains ads. The free version also does not integrate with Ravelry.
Shareables is a great new way to discover the best Android apps. Every day, Shareables shows you a list of the most popular Android apps being used by your (Facebook and Google Plus) friends, as well as all Shareables users. You'll then be able to download and check them out yourself, and even pass the word along to another friend you think might like it. Too busy to download right now? No problem. Save the app and you can download it later, all from a beautiful interface incorporating Android's new Material Design!
App discovery just got a whole lot easier.
Join the Google+ Community - https://plus.google.com/communities/105986536574407974830
Like Shareables on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/shareablesapp
Follow Shareables on Twitter - https://twitter.com/shareablesapp
A note about permissions:
Full Network Access - required to get your Facebook friends and app info, and verify you have a working Internet connection
Run at Startup - required to reschedule notifications when you reboot your device
Prevent Phone from Sleeping - required to deliver notifications if your phone's screen is off
Find Accounts on the Device - required to get app information from the Play Store
Use Accounts on the Device - ditto
Read Google Service Configuration - ditto, once again
Shareables also requires your Facebook friend list so we can show you the apps that your friends have downloaded.