Great idea in theory, does not work in practice. When do they plan on making it work? I can't even get it to read a list off the computer screen taken with a LG G4. If it can't even work in those conditions, how do they expect it to work in dimly lit bars with an average camera phone? First try, it returned no beers after too long a time. Second try, it took so long, I cancelled it. Third try, using a picture of their example picture, eventually, after a while, it returned just ONE beer in the list. This isn't useful this way. Normally, you'd be able to narrow down your beer choices in the list to just a few based on your preferences and mood at the time. It's faster just to type each of those beers into BeerAdvocate or RateBeer directly. In the time it takes to take the picture and wait for it to return a result, you could have done the searches manually on your top 5 choices. Guys, you need a 95% success rate and a processing time of under 1 minute. I would image the barcode feature works a bit better, but I can't test that with buying the app. You should give out at least a 1 week free trial of premium. I would only consider buying this app if I knew it worked well enough.
Good concept, never works Maybe need to work on your OCR algorithm. 2 stars for the concept
Wish the flash didn't turn on when launching the app, or that there was an option to permanently turn it off by default.
Works great! Worked well for me. It showed me a beer I'd never heard if before and it was really good. Love it, especially for free.
Doesn't work Sadly, it doesn't work for me. I tried taking a photo of a very simple menu and the app just sits on the "Processing image" screen. There is no way to cancel the image processing, either. I've tried it a few times with the same result. Will check back later and hope it's working better.
Didn't work at all Didn't work at all, super simple menu with two beers absolutely no results. Not only does it not work but it takes forever to process and then fails.
More Spanish and Latin American beers added to the database