Real-time controller for
- PicoMBES-120 wide swath wideband CHIRP FM MBES sonar system and
- PicoDive handheld diver sonar.
- Install the PicoSonar-120 Android app from the Play Store.
- Configure a new Android Wi-Fi connection, SSID PicoSonar, static IP address 10.0.100.70 (Settings->Wi-Fi)
- Mount PicoMBES-120 pointing vertically downwards.
- Power on the sonar, 24V @ 0.4A.
- Start the PicoSonar-120 Android App.
- After ~10s the sonar will start pinging automatically and the real-time sector display will update as the acoustic transmission propagates.
- Use the options menu to adjust the sonar's PRF, gain, contrast, bottom detection algorithm etc.
- Pinch to zoom the display and swipe to scroll.
- To replay data, select Storage->Replay from the settings menu.
NOTE: when operating the system, the transducers must be fully immersed in water. Never operate the system in air as this may cause permanent damage. For testing onshore, immerse the sonar in a bucket of fresh water.
For OEM integration please see www.picotech-ltd.com/PicoMBES-120.html and www.picotech-ltd.com/PicoDive.html
This app has been developed and tested on Nexus 9 tablets running Android 5.1 Lollipop and Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 tablets running Android 4.4 KitKat