Get the address of another location by touching the map or dragging the map marker. Easier and quicker than using just Google Maps. Easily share the address as a link via email, SMS, Google+, or Facebook, etc. Recipients can view the user's location and address on Google Maps and get directions. Clicking the app icon refreshes the location.
Address Finder Free uses the latest version of Google Maps, quicker loading with vector-based 3D-Map and Hybrid views. Use gestures to zoom, scroll, rotate, and tilt. Push the App icon to refresh to the current location.
Perfect if you want to find addresses on the road when street numbers are difficult to see. Quickly find the address of the building or home that you are in and share it with friends. Kids can let their parents know exactly where they are in seconds. Easily find addresses of nearby buildings to help you find your way. May also be useful for home-seekers or real estate agents. Or just use it as a zip code finder.
Address Finder Free works throughout the world and displays addresses in regionally adjusted languages and formats. Ad-free version is available for $.99 on Google Play.
Please email the developer with any questions, comments, or concerns. If the app does not find your address, try rebooting your device.
- Locate and display address at your current position.
- Open Google Map at your current position
- Open Google Street View at your current position (if available)
- Share your current location with one click.
- Allow you to search for address and display map and street view on its location. Also you can trick your friends sharing this location and just watch their comments :)
- Give information of GPS status (if enabled) and position accuracy.
- Give your current position Latitude, Longitude, Altitude and movement speed. It is able to copy this information and paste in other applications in necessary
Why to use GPS Address Locator :
Minimum internet traffic is necessary to display address at your location. Most of the navigation applications are showing map, generating huge amount of internet traffic. In some cases when you are in roaming for example, this can cost money. Imagine you are in a foreign city and you already found the street of the address you need to visit.
Sometimes it is hard to find the building number especially when they are not written on the buildings. GPS Address Locator is able to give you this information in very simple way. Just start the application. No need to browse menus or switch to different screens. Sharing your position is done with just one click on a button.
GPS Address Locator can not propose any functionality missing in other navigation applications. Its benefits are :
- Simple GUI
- Easy to use
- Low traffic. Show maps only by user request.
- Sharing in all social network applications installed on device.
VERY IMPORTANT !!!
This application use Google services which in some cases needs restart of your device in order to work properly.
If you have problems with application on start (It display No Internet connection), please restart your device and try again.
Do you want the address of the place on the map?
Do you need to tell your address to foreigners?
You need to send address via email?
Let us help you Find Your Address. :D
- App features
1. Locate your address on the map
2. Tab, you can get the address the location on the map.
3. Shows address in different languages. (English, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Russian)
4. You can find the address of specific location using phrases or words
5. You can share your address via various social medias.
6. Voice Search via Google Voice!
TAG : Find Address, Address Finder, Location Information, Search Address, Address Translation, Find Addr, Addr Finder
- Predictive postcode entry with huge buttons
- Really quick map preview
- Can be used with one hand
Have you ever tried entering postcodes on a mobile phone? The regular keyboard has not been designed for this task to say the least. Have you ever waited seconds for Google maps to load just to take a peek? PostcodeTool is the application to solve these problems.
With PostcodeTool, you will be able to enter UK postcodes without mistake on the first try using only one hand, and get a map preview almost instantly.
- Instant start-up.
- Predictive postcode input with town look-up.
- Quick map preview.
- One tap to Google Maps, directions or navigation.
- List of recently entered postcodes.
Perfect for couriers and delivery drivers.
Get the address of another location by touching the map or dragging the map marker. Easily share the address as a link via email, SMS, Google+, or Facebook, etc. Recipients can view the user's location and address on Google Maps and get directions. Press the app icon to refresh the location.
Address Finder uses the latest version of Google Maps, quicker loading with vector-based 3D-Map and Hybrid views. Use gestures to zoom, scroll, rotate, and tilt. Push the App icon to refresh to the current location.
Perfect if you want to find addresses on the road when street numbers are difficult to see. Quickly get the address of the building or home that you are in and share it with friends. Kids can let their parents know exactly where they are in seconds. Easily find addresses of nearby buildings to help you find your way. May also be useful for home-seekers or real estate agents.
Address Finder works throughout the world and displays addresses in regionally adjusted languages and formats.
Please email the developer with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Where am I?
Send your location by email, SMS, or Twitter easily from your mobile handset.
Identify your location with a simple memorable, global, easily communicated, technology independent, short, language-friendly code.
Explore locations with Instagram, Flickr, Panoramia, Wikipedia, Twitter, Flight Radar, Marine Traffic (AIS), Waze Traffic, and ISS position and other astronomy information at your location.
Open Postcode generator and mapping, using the opensource Open Postcode format. Find, link to, and easily email, SMS text and tweet your current GPS location postcode. Map with OpenStreetMap, Google, Bing, Nokia Here and the Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSI); and get directions to Open Postcode locations.
Ireland Postcode: Calculated to 8 characters plus checksum, 6 characters should be adequate for general addressing. Some will be less. Zoom out to produce and test shorter, easier codes. The checksum is optional. Use the code to text friends a location or to quickly record a location for yourself. Ideally Ireland would have an official postcode so that codes could be used for addressing and for use with emergency services and other location services such as roadside rescue. The app includes links to Hit The Road and Fix My Area services in Ireland.
Other geolocation codes are available for Ireland: Loc8Code and GoCode. Both achieve the same ends but are proprietary codes used under license. Only the OpenPostcode is freely calculated and used and is the most accurate code available. Geohash-36 calculations are also available. See www.OpenPostcode.org for more information.
For further information on the code, the calculations, and sample spreadsheets, see www.OpenPostcode.org.
Online at iemap.org. Support and contact details www.openpostcode.org.
Released on the LGPL - http://sourceforge.net/projects/openpostcode/
When started it will download the postcode data for a code you are in(like EH is 140k), and from now it works off-line for this bit; it also support downloading all data at once (it is about 10MB) like when using a wifi. The goal was to build a reliable phone based service for postcode lookup( and pc<->gps<->grid conversions), that could be used by some other applications.
This one displays Postcode, GPS, and National Grid Coordinates (very accurate transformation - almost the reference one).
It display Bearing(32point compass) and Speed too.
GUI still needs tweaking. I need to find some design...
- Search by postal code
- Search by location
- Search by Address (need internet)
- Location of the person (need internet)
- Details of the locations
- View locations on Google Maps (need internet)
- Voice Recognition
Available in many languages:
Keywords : ZIP UK, Postal Codes UK, Post codes UK, UK, ZIP United Kingdom, Postal Codes United Kingdom, Post codes United Kingdom, United Kingdom
GLOBAL MAPS INCLUDING ONE ENTIRE COUNTRY FOR OFFLINE USE.
NOW ALSO WITH DYNAMIC TRAFFIC DATA AND TRUE PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION.
Scout offers the proven quality of the multi-award winning international bestseller GPS Navigation (formerly known as “skobbler”) in a further advanced and significantly enhanced version. It’s the ultimate map & orientation tool for your phone or tablet. And now you can get it for free!
The only truly complete online and offline solution, which does not only make mobile navigation, but also global digital maps (including city maps) easier to use and more adaptable to your needs. No matter where or how you are on-the-go.
This is not some lightweight bait version. On the contrary: Scout is the ultimate all-in-one map and navigation solution. You get FOR FREE, what costs 50 bucks and more elsewhere.
▸ ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
Global online maps and an entire country (incl. its city maps) for offline use included (upgradeable), all core app features available offline
▸ TOP NAVIGATION INCL. PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC (NEW!)
Full-fledged voice-guided turn-by-turn, now with dynamic traffic data (upgradeable), alternative routes, speed limit display, text-to-speech & top-notch pedestrian navigation, etc.
▸ COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL MAP AND INFO
Complete digital map functionality with high-end map engine for seamless display and interaction, Foursquare search and TripAdvisor information for hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, sights, etc.
▸ OPENSTREETMAP INCL. MAP UPDATES
Global interactive and extremely detailed OSM map with several map updates per year free of charge
▸ EXTREMELY BROAD FUNCTIONALITY
Various search modes, free drive capability for orientation and warnings on each journey, routes for car, bicycle and pedestrian, etc.
All of that and more FREE OF CHARGE.
Get Scout on your device and find out yourself, why the app has been sold millions of times (as “skobbler”) and has been one of the highest-rated map solutions for years.
In the following, you’ll find more detailed information on some of those points:
OFFLINE MAPS BASED ON OPENSTREETMAP
- In addition to the already included free country map, your app can optionally be enhanced with favorably priced map packages for offline usage (at a bargain price).
- Save storage space and install only those maps you currently need. That’s how the app can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- You get continuous map updates. Free of charge, of course.
- More than 1.5 million contributors make the OpenStreetMap one of the most detailed and dynamic digital maps, that is brought closer to perfection every day.
NAVIGATION WITH TRAFFIC INFORMATION AND SPEED CAM WARNING
- Let yourself be navigated to your destination. Precise and clearly understandable voice instruction will show you the way.
- Choose from three alternative routes and go for the best way.
- The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
- International INRIX Traffic: This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. It will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
- Our free speed cam warning feature alerts you when approaching fixed speed cameras while in free drive or navigation mode and prevents you from getting speeding tickets.
Please note that the continuous use of the GPS will cause the battery to discharge more quickly. That’s why we recommend to leave your device connected to the charging cable during the entire trip.
Search for postboxes and post offices around your current location, or look for a mailbox in another area via a simple place name or postcode / zipcode search. Pick the box you want and call up a route map directly to it from your current location. Distances can be displayed in metric or imperial units.
Not all areas feature complete coverage yet although most major (and many not so big) metropolitan areas have excellent coverage. We're adding more postbox locations to the database daily so the data will only ever improve, and even if we don't know about your absolute closest mailbox we'll normally have one nearby which might be good enough in many situations.
Are we missing boxes in your area? Add them straight from the app... Simply stand next to the postbox with your phone and press “update” to give us the coordinates, then “add” and you’re done! If you want, you can enter the postal operator and the last collection times (as written on the front of the post box), but those are not required for a basic submission. We’ll figure out the name of the street you’re on and e-mail you to confirm your data. We'll then feed your update back into our database and add the postbox to OpenStreetMap so that the data is made openly available.
Find Postboxes uses the built in GPS to get your current location. If your location cannot be determined automatically then you can always enter your post code to get started. Please note that an internet connection is required to get location and map data. New postbox entries are submitted to OpenStreetMap and all edits are submitted back to this project too.
Our current approximate coverage is:
The Netherlands ***
New Zealand **
Czech Republic **
All notes are prepared base on the official Life in the United Kingdom book, 3rd Edition.
• Find your way around each Village easily - use the navigation feature to find your way between any of the points of interest on our map
• Remember where you have parked your car or where your lodge is located by using our ‘Pin your lodge’ and ‘Pin your parking’ features
• Locate yourself anywhere
• Share your short break highlights with your family and friends via your favourite social network, upload photos from your image gallery, overlay frames and add messages
Reviews and photos
• Review activities, restaurants, venues and experiences, as well as share photos of your favourite places
Linking your booking with the App
• To enjoy all of our App features, you can link your booking by entering your booking reference number and arrival date
• If you don’t have a booking, you can still use some of the features and add your booking details at a later date. You can also link more than one booking and switch between them
• Have your itinerary in your pocket - see what you have booked, what time you have free and book more activities using our enhanced booking section
• You can explore other villages by switching within the menu – even if you do not have a booking reference and just wish to explore.
Notifications and Reminders
• Never be late with notifications of your booked activities
• Manage how often you receive notifications or turn them off
• Receive Village news while you are on your break
• Easy to access restaurant information and menus
• Make restaurant reservations
• Get directions
Whinfell, Sherwood, Woburn, Elveden, Longleat
Find routes for walking, running and cycling with roads, footpaths and cycle trails clearly marked. Plan your route in advance using the route planning tools, or track your location using the integrated GPS. Discover Britain’s hidden treasures with historic monuments, mountain peaks and country pubs or just go for a ramble and use the map to discover more of the landscape.
OS MapFinder features
OS MapFinder is ideal for walking, running, cycling or any outdoor activity and includes:
• Free road maps down to street level
• OS Landranger and OS Explorer high-resolution maps available as in-app purchases in 100km2 tiles
• GPS tracking to show current location and direction of travel
• Plan routes on screen and save in app or as GPX file
• Route recording including route taken, time, distance and average speed
• Search for place names, points of interest, postcodes and grid references
• Works fully offline – no mobile or data connection required
Using OS MapFinder
• For walking and hiking – plan your route in advance with details of footpaths, open access areas and rights of way and check your location on the map as you progress
• For cycling and running - track your route, time and speed with the GPS logging functions, and see if you can improve on your best times
• For bird spotting, wildlife watching and photography - identify the best habitats or landscape features and find a route
• Also includes features for horse riding, kayaking, geocaching, fishing, tourists and geology.
Adding OS Landranger and OS Explorer maps
Your app includes road maps for England, Scotland, Wales and islands included in Great Britain. Our detailed OS Landranger (1:50 000 scale) and OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale) maps are also available as in-app purchases. Each map section is 100 km2. Go to ‘Buy Maps’, zoom in to the area you want and select the scale. Once purchased, you can download your maps to multiple Android devices on the same Google® account
A free sample map is included for the Exeter area so you can see the quality of the high resolution maps available. Current map tile prices are
OS Landranger (1:50 000 scale): £0.69
OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale): £1.99
Using OS MapFinder
There is a help area included in the app that will help you use the route planning and GPS tracking. It also includes a brief guide to map reading and navigation skills to help you make the most of the OS maps on your device.
Our customer support team can help with problems using OS MapFinder, whether that is planning a route, using GPS tracking or viewing maps on your phone or tablet.
Check the FAQs at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/mapfinder/mapfinder-android-faq.html, or contact us at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/contact/
App and Map sizes
The app is a large download as it is designed to be used even when you are offline, so it has to save the high resolution maps and search database to your device. Included in the app is overview mapping for all of Great Britain, plus the ability to search for towns, cities, postcodes and places of interest. Please ensure your device has sufficient free space and you are connected via WiFi before beginning the download.
Maps sections are around 60MB each. To save space you can remove unneeded map sections from your device, and then download them again for free when you next need them
We will occasionally update maps to reflect changes. To get an updated map, just remove and re-install the map section – the most recent version will be automatically downloaded.
The app displays a list of eateries including their phone number and address. You may dial the restaurant directly from the app or navigate to the address on Google Maps by selecting the item of your choice.
The data is sourced from http://www.vegguide.org, a project of Compassionate Action for Animals, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. The project's mission is to encourage people to cultivate empathy for animals and move towards a plant-based diet.
You can lend your support to this noble cause by adding your favorite vegetarian/vegan outlets directly to this website (if you don't see them listed by the Veg Finder app)
Go Veg! Be healthy!
The app only displays available data so there is nothing I can do if it is out of date or incorrect.
Complain to your local police force who supply the data if you believe the data to be wrong.
See the level of crime in the UK areas of your choosing.
Note: App abandoned due to lack of interest so I will not be improving it or adding features.
Map displays approx 1 mile of data at a time. Zoom in to "drill down"
Bonus: The ads do not appear if you have "Password Safe Pro License" installed.
@Mike. It would have had more features but it was abandoned because nobody was interested in the app when I asked for feedback.
Keywords: Police, Crime, Local, Drugs, Weapons, Burglary, ASBO