To use, simply touch the screen and rotate to set the holding pattern to the desired ATC assigned inbound leg. To aid in ease of use, both the track of the inbound and outbound legs are depicted. If the hold is non-standard (to the left) simply touch the "Non-Standard" switch to depict the correct pattern. Then select "Heading" and rotate the aircraft to the appropriate heading towards the fix. The image may also be locked to protect the settings from inadvertent touches by selecting the "Lock" button.
The Holding Pattern Calculator is a useful and educational tool for pilots, student pilots, and aviation buffs, and is not intended to replace flight instruction.
Yes the terminology might not be exactly what you'd hear in the real world; I'm trying to paint a picture for the quiz-taker in as few words as possible, so the user doesn't have to scroll or squint at the screen.
This app has a buzzer (short vibration) if you get a wrong answer. This is configurable; you can turn it on and off. I figured people would want to avoid the "electric shock" from getting a wrong answer. More motivation to answer correctly; or more pressure, you decide!
VOR Tracker is a real simulation, so you will find no multiple choice questions or abstract explanations. You can actually practice holding patterns and radial interceptions in real time, using either an RMI or HSI.
It is practice what it is all about! There is no need for explaining again and again what you already know from flight school. It is about applying your knowledge when the instruments start moving!
Don’t waste your time trying to imagine what you would do in the aircraft – just do it!
VOR Tracker is designed for:
- Student pilots who have the theoretical knowledge needed for flying holding
patterns and interceptions of radials, and want to save money by preparing for their training
- Pilots who want to refresh their lateral navigation skills for an upcoming check ride
- Pilots going for an assessment - holding patterns and interceptions are commonly used during sim assessments and regularly cause sweaty palms of hands of the candidates
- People who have the knowledge of flying IFR procedures and want to give it a try
VOR Tracker is NOT:
- a game
- a flight simulator – it only focuses on HSI/RMI navigation at a constant speed and altitude
- a course teaching you how to fly IFR procedures
Still interested? Read on to find out what VOR Tracker is capable of.
- Choose between RMI or HSI
- Use the instrument like you would do in the real aircraft
- Use the map mode to verify your progress
- Lost? Use the help function to display the holding pattern entries in the map mode
- Things are going a bit too fast? Use the freeze mode to orientate
- Getting bored in straight flight? Use the fast mode
- You want to start over or change the aircraft’s position? Just drag & drop the aircraft symbol
- Start with no wind and increase the difficulty later on by adding wind
- Getting settled? Why not increase the aircraft’s speed in the settings menu?
- Customize your own missions by creating holding patterns and adjusting the wind the way you want
Prepare yourself without wasting expensive flight- or simulator time – use VOR Tracker to brush up your skills!
*** New! This app now features our exclusive "Jargon Buster" feature - over 10,000 aviation technical terms defined and linked to in a "don't lose your place" way to help you score higher and learn more efficiently! ***
*** This app has now been updated with many new features, including support for favorite questions, a more robust and faster update feature, support for a wider range of devices, integration with the (optional) StudyStatus.com test monitoring / results sharing service, question search, and much more! ***
Don't be fooled by imitators! Competing apps use only the limited set of questions that the FAA publicly releases via its website - that is not enough to adequately prepare you for your test! Our GroundSchool app features a much more comprehensive database (typically about 2-4 times the size of the demo FAA public one) of actual and current FAA questions that you likely can and will be asked on the actual test! This along with our detailed, professional explanations and easy to use interface are major reasons why pilots have come to trust GroundSchool.
Study actual, up-to-date FAA questions and then ACE your FAA Instrument Rating (and/or Instrument Ground/Flight Instructor) knowledge (written) test the easy way with GroundSchool FAA Knowledge Test Preparation software by Dauntless Aviation, the trusted leader in FAA written test preparation.
* Actual FAA Questions Current and Valid for Right Now. As soon as you install the software, use the 'update' feature and the software will connect to our servers, grab the latest questions, images, figures, and explanation content, and you'll be good to go.
* Detailed Explanations written by an experienced editorial team of examiner and instructor pilots.
* All Charts and Figures Included
* Several flexible study modes - fits the way you want to study!
* Compatible with all FAA "ground school" classroom-based courses
This IFR version of GroundSchool will prepare you for any or all of the following tests:
* IRA - Instrument Rating Airplane
* IFP - Instrument Rating Foreign Pilot
* IGI - Ground Instructor Instrument
* IRH - Instrument Rating Helicopter
* FII - Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane
* FIH - Flight Instructor Instrument Helicopter
* AIF - Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane (added rating)
* HIF - Flight Instructor Instrument Helicopter (added rating)
* Canadian Instrument Rating to USA FAA Conversion
With Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool, you don't need to worry:
* Our material is UP TO DATE. No matter what date is listed here in regarding the 'Release date', this date refers to the program itself only. Once you get the program on your device, use the built-in update feature and it will connect to our servers and download the latest and greatest version of the test prep content and our explanations that we have available. To learn more about this, please visit our website.
* Furthermore, you are welcome to update the material as often as you like. This means that even if you don't take your test soon, when do you, GroundSchool will be ready for you. Compare this to books or DVDs (which are going out of date from the moment they are printed).
* We pride ourselves on the quality of our explanations. This is not some idle boast - our explanations are more detailed and more illustrated than that of ANY other FAA knowledge test provider, period.
* Tens of thousands of people have used our products to prepare for their FAA knowledge tests. Ours is a system that works.
Good luck on your test!
Train WCA (wind correction angle), AoL (angle of lead), intercepts of radials QDMs/QDRs or holding entries.
* App completely rewritten:
no unecessary rights needed
much faster, less battery & memory usage
* Better use of large screens
* Offline Help
* NEW: MUFL trainer
* NEW: Holding quiz (still experimental)
If you have any questions or found a bug, please mail to: email@example.com
Thanks to Flo for co development & testing, to Malte for Design and to Daniel for reporting that Bug! :)
Keywords: wca atis holding entry entries intercept intercepts angle of lead pilot ifr training procedures atpl aircraft aviation av-trainer av trainer
Written by Master CFIs with over 50 years of combined flight instruction experience, this set of 305 flashcards allows pilots to review areas that could get them violated without having to suffer through FAA Violations. Pilots preparing for the IFR Checkride will be able to approach the checkride with confidence and fly safer and easier having the background knowledge needed to fly on instruments in current airspace with current regulations. Instrument Rated Pilots and IFR students will find a comprehensive review of flight operations to include:
* 14 CFR part 1
* 14 CFR part 61
* 14 CFR part 91
* Aeronautical Information Manual
* Aviation Weather and Weather Services
* "Instrument Flying Handbook"
* "Instrument Procedures Handbook"
* And Terms and Procedures specific to IFR GPS (Global Positioning System) and WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) Use
App updates will include more questions and card updates as FAA regulations and publications change.
AOPA PILOT magazine called our Apps "solid and reliable" in it's Dec 2011 issue. AOPA Flight Training Magazine featured one of our Apps in it's December 2012 issue highlighting the exceptional quality and learning experience of our App.
The GARMIN GNS430W/530W - Setup, En-route Navigation, Flight Plans and Instrument Departure Procedures App includes:
- Initial System Checks and RAIM Prediction
- Page Set-Up and display configuration
- Creating and Editing Flight Plans
- RNAV Departure Procedures
- Enroute Functions
- Emergency Use of the GPS
- RNAV Arrival Procedures
- Common Errors
- A 10 question quiz about the 430/530
Visit www.flighttrainingapps.com for a free preview and information on our other products.
Disclaimer: This is a product from Flight Training Apps, Inc. Garmin does not support, endorse or authorize this App.
*Siz Değerli Mega Holdings Presentation çalışma arkadaşlarım artık dilediğimiz yerde dilediğimiz ortamda işimizi anlatabilecek ve takımınızı güçlendirebileceğiz.
*Bu Uygulama ile tabletlerimizde, telefonlarımızda yani kısacası android cihazlarımızda sunumumuzu rahatlıkla yapabileceğiz.
*Sunumu Daha Etkili Kılmak için Görseller ve Örnek Siteler Eklenmiştir...
İstek ve Önerilerimizi lütfen yorumlara yazalım böylelikle uygulamamız daha güzel ve daha etkileyici hale gelecektir. (uygulama karşılığında küçük bir ücret olınacaktır bunuda emek karşılığı görürsünüz umarım)
İsteklerinizi ayrıca firstname.lastname@example.org 'dan da iletebilirsiniz.
• No internet connection required; app fully installs to your device.
• More than 1,000 questions included with explanations.
• Brought to you by a trusted resource in aviation training and publishing, Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA).
✓ 60 Test Questions with Explanation (full version has 690+ questions).
✓ Compliant with FAA testing Guidelines.
Pilot Test - Private Pilot Airplane (PAR) Lite: Pilot Test for Private Pilot Airplane is a database of actual FAA knowledge test questions in recent years for Private Pilot Airplane test. All the questions have been solved by domain experts and come equipped with explanation. It has seventeen expansive topics that will train you thoroughly in all aspects of test. After you have mastered the topics, you can start taking the mock test modules that will help you find out all the weak areas that you need to focus to ace in the exam.
PREPARE BY TOPICS:
Prepare to ace the Pilot Test - Private Pilot Airplane (PAR) by topic. All questions are sorted by topic. It also tells you the areas that each topic covers.
* Airplane Design and Mechanics
* General Airplane Operation
* Airport and Air Traffic Control
* Aviation Weather
* Navigation Maps
* Navigation Services
MOCK TEST MODE:
In mock test questions are presented randomly from all the topics.
DETAILED TEST RESULTS:
A summary of the practice test is presented at the end of each test. It shows you the time you took, the score, which questions you answered correctly and where you were wrong. And yes, you can E-MAIL the results.
The app records your progress as you start giving practice tests.
It shows you a beautiful pie chart so that you can track your weak areas and give more focus on them.
VERY EASY TO USE:
The slick user interface allows you to choose from possible answers.
You don’t need to press too many buttons or encounter any alert messages.
• Over 6 Different Topics to choose from.
• Over 60 Test Questions with Explanation.
• Choose number of questions you would like in each test.
• A new module, “Progress Meter” keeps track of how you are performing in a particular topic or mock test.
• Special algorithm that randomizes questions every time you take a test.
• No internet connection required; app fully installs to your device.
• More than 1,500 questions included with explanations.
• Brought to you by a trusted resource in aviation training and publishing, Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA).
This app features Justin Davies MBBS , PhD Imperial College, London and includes:
· iFR® Hot Topics
· Interactive iFR® Demo
· iFR® Case Examples
This application is the copyrighted property of Volcano Corporation. It has been approved by Volcano Corporation only for the use of healthcare professionals. Please contact Volcano Corporation if you wish to use this application for any other purpose.
This app is a study aid for the E6B Flight Computer for PPL, CPL and ATPL. Ground instructors can use it to generate questions for ground school.
You can use the key features for free permanently and upgrade functions after you decide if you want them.
Try it for free and see if you like it enough to upgrade. Please note that this app is free and that there are in-app upgrades for some of the functions.
- Flight Planning Mode:
Calculate TH & GS, TT & GS, TH & TAS, Wind.
- Generates random flight computer numbers for you or your students
- You can choose the type of question
- Moves like a real E6B
- Use it on a tablet for even awesomer results.
- Show you how to plot Heading & Groundspeed problems on the wind side
*The Randomizer generates random numbers for you to solve on your E6B
Are you training for your PPL, CPL, ATPL exam or are you an FI?
*This app will help you master your flight computer and develop those mad E6B skills.
*Use it to generate practise questions for yourself or your students
As a bonus, it moves under your fingers like a real flight computer. It is actually a virtual E6B that is always in your pocket!
STANDARD DISCLAIMER: FOR STUDY PURPOSES ONLY! NOT FOR ACTUAL REAL_LIFE NAVIGATION!
About the author, Paul Bruikman: I have been an ATPL Ground Instructor and Flight Instructor for the top Dutch flight schools since 2000.
I first created this app to support my own lessons and really also just because it is a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it, feedback is welcome via twitter @rentapilot.
Respostas e historia de teste são dadas. Estudar com o seu celular e passar na prova da ANAC, sem stress ou dificuldade!
O primeiro teste de cada unidade é gratuito. O acesso aos todos outros testes custa USD1,99.
The app contains Simulations of tests. You will be able to read and listen to the questions, and importantly, model answers. The app also allows you to record your voice and play it back so you can check how is your answer.
There are 4 sections,
1) Warm up - You will see general questions about you and your aviation career,
2) Picture describing - Each has 2 pictures related to aviation that you will be asked to describe
3) Emergency situation - Listen to an on board emergency situation and answer the questions that follow
4) Problem solving - There are numerous problems that you will be asked to solve in English
The first test is 100%. If you make the purchase you will receive ALL the remaining tests.
This is excellent preparation for the ICAO English test.
The first test is completely FREE. Access to ALL other tests costs USD7,99.
★★★★★ Read about it here: http://www.aopa.org/flightplanning/articles/2013/130226app-review.html ★★★★★
IFR flight training is complex — We help make it easier!
A must have tool for CFIIs, student and instrument pilots!
Practice the use of aviation navigational equipment on your mobile device.
Simulates VOR, HSI, RMI, ADF, DME and ILS navigation.
The most popular radio navigation trainer for pilots on iOS, now available for Android!
-user reviews (all platforms)
"***** Before I used this app all this VOR orientation was so complicated, and now it's clear as ice!"
"***** I have been looking for an app such as this to teach my students"
"***** I teach instruments for the US Army at Ft Rucker, Al. This is a very good app to demonstrate the effects of wind on your course and how various MH effects the correcting for wind drift. It's also very useful in explaining, demonstrating and adaptive practice of track/course intercepts."
"***** Easy to use, perfectly designed and helping to understand basic navigation stuff. Highly recommended for student pilots, instrument applicant and CFI's."
Nav Trainer is a great tool for instrument, student pilots and flight instructors. Practice the use of aviation navigational equipment on your mobile device.
Includes VOR, HSI, RMI, ADF, DME and ILS simulation.
-Improve your situational awareness under IFR.
-Save time and money on your instrument and initial flight training.
-Prepare for your instrument rating or proficiency check.
-Test your progress with the test modes.
-Flight instructors: the perfect tool to help you easily explain and demonstrate complex radio navigation concepts to your students.
-VOR\NDB trainer screen: Simulates VOR and NDB navigation using VOR, HSI, fixed card ADF and RMI displays.
-ILS trainer with both VOR and HSI displays.
-DME visualization screen - demonstrates how DME slant range distance is affected by ground distance and altitude.
-Test mode - generates phantom aircraft around the navaids. Your goal is to find the correct aircraft position.
-Drag and drop the aircraft and nav fix around the screen.
-Fly! mode - Make the airplane fly around the screen. great for practicing intercepting and tracking courses.
-Wind direction & velocity control.
-Aircraft tracing (contrail mode).
-Accelerometer support for aircraft control.
Easy to control:
-Toggle VOR sectors visualization on/off.
-Auto tune OBS by pressing the OBS knob.
-Auto turn the aircraft towards the nav fix by tapping the aircraft symbol.
-Change aircraft headings by flicking your finger over the heading indicator.
-Tune the OBS by dragging your finger up/down over the HSI/VOR displays or over the OBS knob.
The developer is a Gold Seal CFI/CFII/MEI and part 121 airline First officer who thoroughly understands pilot's flight training struggles and needs.
For comments, feature requests or bug reports, if you have the app, please take the survey at http://bit.ly/hCAqgF
-VOR and heading displays.
-Show / Hide radial lines
-Optionally, control the flight with the device's accelerometer.
-Test mode. Very similar to FAA VOR orientation questions. Shows you a number of airplanes around a VOR station. You have to choose the right one by adjusting the OBS and reading the instruments.
-Panel can be customize to be on either left or right side of the screen (left-handed people may find it more comfortable to choose the left panel in the settings).
Flight Winds helps pilots calculate crosswind, tailwind and headwind components for takeoff and landing.
-Dual runway display.
-Easy to use.
-Intuitive user interface.
-Warns you if you exceed your custom-defined wind limitations.
Created by a Gold Seal FAA Flight Instructor and Airline pilot specifically for use by pilots during preflight and pre-landing preparation.