Proximity Sensor Finder tells you a few things about your device:
1. Does the device have a proximity sensor?
2. Is an object in close proximity detected?
3. Does this device support actual proximity distances or just "covered" and "uncovered" sensor states?
4. For supported devices, exactly how far away is the object?
5. How long has the sensor been covered?
6. How much power is the proximity sensor consuming?
We developed Proximity Sensor Finder as an internal testing tool but it soon became apparent that there was a need in the market for just such an app, so we decided to ship it and make it free!
Internet and location permissions requested are just for ads, no other data is transmitted or received.
1) Turn off the screen by sliding your hand
2) Turn off the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold)
3) Turn on the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold) - Note: This can cause Battery Drain
4) Enable screen on/off during calls only
5) ScreenOff shortcut, to turn off the screen by launching the app.
6) Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
Motivation to build this app:
1) While the phone is in pocket, and you have your bluetooth headset connected, even though you can answer your call with a click of bluetooth headset button, because the screen goes on and remains on, your call may hang-up or go on hold or probably few buttons may get pressed, isn't that annoying?
2) Lot of android phones don’t turn off the screen when phone is held close ear (You may end up hanging up on someone)
3) Accidental call pickups: Since capacitive screens are sensitive to touch as well as heat, An Incoming call gets picked up automatically when phone is in the pocket (And we get obliged to speak to annoying calls)
4) Its Cool!!!
5) If you are a HD2 user, you would know the pain. Many users have replaced that hardware buttons due to usage!!!
NOTE: To un-install, go Settings, Locations & Security, Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
For Support: Post you questions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280#
1) HD2, Desire HD, Nexus One, Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
** back to the users directly which is very sad so let me help you if my app gave you a problem. You can still leave a ** negative feedback but still, please let me help. You can email me through this page or through the app. Thanks!
Ever considering having a Smart Cover feature for your Android Device? Now you can!!
This application allows you to Turn On your screen after removing it from cover.
Gentlemen, do you keep your device in your pockets? Check your device status immediately after taking it out without pressing any buttons!!
Ladies, do you keep your device in your bag? This application will turn on your screen for you without you having to reach for the buttons!
Might you be using a Device Wallet which also acts as a Cover?
** Turn on your Screen and automatically unlock!!
** Turn on/off your screen without using Power or Home buttons.
** Perform magic tricks. ^_^
** Disable in Landscape mode
** Beep option when turning on/off screen (Thanks Brian)
** Choice of tone for the above feature (Thanks Novak, Andreas)
** Vibrate option when turning on/off screen (Thanks Ignatius)
** Due to the sensitivity of the Proximity Sensor, I strongly suggest not to use the function turn off screen by this application. To turn off the feature, just set the duration to -1 seconds.
Instead, I suggest that you use another application to lock your screen. Here, I suggest using "Lock Screen Now" which is also developed by me. There are also many other Lock Screen applications which you can find on Google Play.
** Do note that this application requires proximity sensor to work.
** Requires Device Administrator for the Turn Off screen feature.
** To UNINSTALL this application, you have to first remove the Device Administrator rights for this application. When you choose to uninstall this application, it will prompt you to remove the Device Administrator Rights. If not, please go to Settings > Security > Device Administrator > Uncheck this application.
If you have problems with your proximity sensor? Or the screen stays black after a call. It's most likely the sensor, this app will fix that.
Note II, GT-N7100
Please send a mail to email@example.com if you encounter any problems.
I am a developer in the inital phase, i would be very happy if you would buy me a bee.
The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE
• Better performance
• Widgets, Shortcuts
• Wider range for Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout
• Wider range for Table Sensor
• Suspend in Landscape mode
• Exclude Apps option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Please, use the Uninstall button in the app. Due to Android restriction the app cannot be uninstalled on a normal way.
• Support for tablets with Light Sensor only (Make sure you set sensor sensitivity to low).
• Tasker integration with quick service start/stop toggle
• Schedule start/stop of service (Save battery power during night)
• Pocket/Flip or Smart Cover Mode: Turns screen OFF when sensor covered and ON when uncovered. (Feature requested by Galaxy Note users)
• Turn Screen On/Off with following gestures:
1) Swipe Once,
2) Swipe Twice,
3) Swipe and Hold,
4) Hold and Swipe and
5) Cover and Hold
• Ignore Apps list: Add the apps/games where you want to disable the service
• Widget: to start and stop the service
• ScreenOff shortcut: to turn off the screen by launching the app.
• Sensor Configuration : Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
• Enable screen on/off during calls only
• Disable call handling completely
• Battery Saving options:
1) Option to De-Activate sensors after timeout
2) Option to De-Activate sensors if power button is pressed or phone goes idle
• Override power button and screen-on by other apps (Phone is in pocket and you get a call or you accidentally press the power button, screen will remain off)
• Prevent accidental screen on
• Disable accidental lock - in Swipe to Screen Off mode if the sensor is covered for longer than specified duration screen wont turn off
• Vibration on screen On/Off
• App needs SDCard read/write permissions for debug logging support
• If app does not work with flip cover but works with hand, then try
a) Enable No-Recognize Delay and add about 4-5 seconds of delay
b) or try pasting a white piece of paper on the cover where the sensor is located, that will help the detection.
• If Gestures or any other settings (like lock-screen) are not working, please Clear app data from
Settings -> Application Manager -> Proximity Screen Off Pro -> Clear Data
• If you have problem where screen turns off and on again immediately, try using the option "Alternate Method to screen off".
• Default timeout after screenOn will be system display timeout. can be overridden by "Avoid screen Flickering"
• Removing/Uninstalling the app
- Launch ProximityScreenOff Pro and click Uninstall button
- System Settings , "Locations & Security" or just "Security" , Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
• App needs Device Administrator privilege to lock the screen, If you have any questions on permissions used by the app, please send me an email and i will explain you the reason app needs them.
• To enable lock screen - Use option "Locks phone on screenOn" under "All settings"
For Support: Post you questions on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280# or (Send mail on mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Galaxy Note, S2, S3, Tab, Htc OneX, HD2, Desire HD, Google Nexus,
Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
(Cover, Smart Cover, Screen, Switch, toggle, tap, power, battery, gesture, lock, smartlock, smart screen off, screen off, screen on, power saver, Galaxy Note, wave, tab, tablet, switch, nexus, s3, sgs, screen on, one touch, tasker)
1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
9. Exclude apps you don't want automatically screen off feature
10. A widget to turn off screen! great power saver yet useful
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
Andrew: Russian, Ukranian
Paul L. Scholz: German
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. email@example.com
- Gyroscope Sensor
Gyroscope sensor can measure six directions at a time. You will be able to see the effects immediately by rotating your phone slightly. Now Gyroscope sensor is mostly used in 3D game development, and possibly indoor navigation in future.
- Light Sensor
Light sensor is applied to detect the light intensity of the environment, and then adjusts screen brightness and determines whether to turn off the keyboard light. Test the effect by putting your phone in dark place and retrieving it.
- Orientation Sensor
Orientation sensor is applied to detect direction status of the device, i.e. auto rotate screen when device is rotated horizontally. It can also be used as measure equipment like Spirit Level.
- Proximity Sensor
Proximity sensor measures the distance between two objects, usually the device screen and our hands/face etc. Test the effect by moving your hand forward and backward in front of the device in Sensor Box for Android.
- Temperature Sensor
Temperature sensor provides information about your device temperature, thus you can take action when the temp is too low or high.
- Accelerometer Sensor
Accelerometer sensor is applied to detect device directions, i.e. auto rotate screen when the device is rotated vertically. It is also widely used in game development.
Sound detects the sound intensity around you and provides you detailed information about the intensity changes.
- Magnetic Field
Magnetic Field is used in many areas like metal detection and compass, which bring us lot convenience in our life.
Pressure is used to detect environmental pressure, thus to forecast weather and temperature.
Sensor Box for Android only detects changes. It may not show the correct temperature, proximity, light and pressure values if no changes occur.
For better performances, sensors are usually used together. Check out the live demonstration inside the application! Any feedback the email address below is the best way to get in touch with us.
1. View Cover and Flip Cover Users is highly recommended.
2. After testing about 10 times on each step, select the step that work very well .
3. After upgrade ,the used step may not be appropriate. Then please select other step.
4. Does not recognize the gap because it does not accurately reflected laser proximity sensor cover is made of some.
So stick to that same sticker (white color) in a well-reflected in the position facing the proximity sensor.
★ ★ ★ Main Functions ★ ★ ★
1. When you open or close the cover, the screen turns on and off automatically.
2. Landscape Mode
- When Landscape Mode( like camera, game) is running,Sensor pause
3. Special App
- When it is running, Sensor pause.
4. Show icon in Notification area.
- Screen off, Sensor On/off , Memory optimizer and Rotation control
5. Service execute automatically when the phone restart.
6. Vibration when the screen is closed.
7. Sound when the screen is closed.
8. Widget add (1 x 4, 1 x 3, 1 x 1)
- Power Button
- Service On/Off Button
- App Link Button
- Rotation Control
9. Memory Cleaner
- Memory automatically cleaned when screen off
10. Receiving a call
- Shake to call
- Flipping phone to mute
11. Sensor pause when plug headset
12. Power Saving
13. Rotation Control
14. Floating Service - Depricated (Download Ultimate Smart Cover)
- Screen Off, Home, Recent App, Flash, Status Bar
15. View Cover Style
- when screen is closed.
16. Flip Cover Style
- when screen is opened.
- Can be used to select the notification app
17. Camera Flash Notification when incoming call
18. Receiving call screen made by I
★ ★ ★ How to save battery ★ ★ ★
1. During sleep time, the sensor will be stopped.
2. When using Landscape mode or Phone Call Option, the sensor will be stopped
3. When Special apps be not in use, it is effective to option to OFF.
4. When only necessary ,It is effective to use Vibration.
5. If battery is low, only use the default options.
★ ★ ★ Notices ★ ★ ★
- To uninstall this app, Service-Execute button must be OFF.
- Or Setting ->Security -> Device administrators -> Unchecked the smart cover -> Try uninstall app
You'll be able to test the following:
*** SENSORS ***
You'll be able to check which sensors are supported by your phone and all the information and values provided by each sensor. Accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, proximity sensor, pressure sensor...
*** WIFI ***
You'll be able to check your LAN status: local and external IP, gateway, DHCP server...
*** TELEPHONY ***
Signal, network type, external IP, SIM data...
*** GPS ***
You'll see the real data provided by the GPS: satellites, latitude, longitude, altitude, speed...
*** BATTERY ***
Level of charge, capacity, time on, temperature, health...
*** MULTITOUCH ***
How many points of contact does your device recognize? Is your digitizer working as it should?
*** CAMERA ***
Information about your device's cameras like resolution, focal length, crop factor relative to 35 mm film format, focus modes, sensor size...
*** SYSTEM INFORMATION ***
Information about hardware and software like CPU, RAM, kernel, screen...
This app is similar to EVEREST or AIDA64, but apart from showing the components and system information, it also shows sensors readings.
The best hardware information app!
Check which sensors are available and what they measure. Useful for all developers, but also for everyone who wants to test the device's sensors.
Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetic Field, Gyroscope, Light, Pressure, Proximity, Gravity, Linear Acceleration, Rotation Vector, Orientation, Relative Humidity, Temperature and Ambient Temperature.
Additional you can also check some more interesting device information about your Display, Hardware, Software, Battery, Memory,...
In portrait and landscape mode.
Don't hesitate to give a feedback. Please write an email if you got any problems.
- Touchless control.
- Wave to unlock: Unlock the screen by waving hand over the device screen.
- Cover to lock: lock by covering the proximity sensor
- You can increase or decease the sensitivity of your sensor.
- App uses Proximity Sensor to capture the user's waving in front of the screen to unlock the screen.
- If your mobile phone / tablet has Proximity Sensor, you can use this App to Unlock the Screen.
- Go to Setting -> Security -> Phone Admonistrator -> uncheck app. Then you can uninstall app.
Sensor Kinetics is an advanced viewer and monitor for all of the standard sensors available in your Android device. The new built-in Multi-Sensor Recorder allows you to record up to six kinetic sensors simultaneously.
Written by one of the pioneers of the use of accelerometers and gyroscopes within the modern smartphone, it provides a comprehensive look at the total dynamics of the combined operations of all the sensors.
The app demonstrates the use of the accelerometer, gyroscope and the rotation sensor to control a tilt based view navigation like the RotoView technology by INNOVENTIONS. It also demonstrates the operation of the magnetic sensor, the linear acceleration sensor and the gravity sensor within special graphical displays.
Use Sensor Kinetics to monitor and understand the behavior of the sensors while you change the delay setting or activate/deactivate specific sensors. Each sensor is attached to a sophisticated chart viewer. The Multi-Sensor Recorder records multiple sensors simultaneously at a controlled data rate. If you need to save or share sensor charts, please purchase the companion Sensor Kinetics Pro.
For educational users, the app includes comprehensive help files which provide physics students with hands-on knowledge of how these sensors interact with smartphones and suggest numerous experiments you can perform on your phone or tablet.
Who Should Use Sensor Kinetics?
Developers, students, hobbyists, technicians, engineers... anyone who's curious about what lies "under the hood" of their mobile device!
Test your Android phone or tablet: Sensor Kinetics allows you to test all of the sensors on your device. For example, you can quickly determine if your Android device has a gyroscope sensor and how fast it's operating. The numerous chart viewers allow you to measure any sensor over time and gauge their accuracy and behavior.
Educational: Sensor Kinetics demonstrates the physics of gravity, acceleration, rotation, magnetism and more as these forces are measured by your phone or tablet. The app includes comprehensive help files with easy to understand information and experiments you can perform with the sensors.
App Developers: View in detail the behavior of the sensors used in your apps. Compare the performance of advanced sensors like gyroscope, linear acceleration sensor and the rotation sensor.
This app relates to gyroscope and accelerometer data logging, magnetometer, smart scroll, science, physics, tilt measure, pressure sensor, relative humidity sensor, light sensor, linear acceleration, temperature sensor, proximity sensor, gravity sensor, MEMS, kinetics
In order to use the proximity sensor simply install the application and enable monitoring service. Once it enabled you can turn on the screen by touching and releasing the proximity sensor.
In order to use soft-button for turning off the screen drag and drop the "WTN Turn Off" launcher from list of your applications to the home screen and press it. It may ask for "Device Administrator" activation for the first time. You have to activate it, otherwise it will not be able to turn off the screen.
As alternative way you can turn off the screen by pressing notification icon if it was enabled in settings.
IMPORTANT! You must deactivate Device Administration before uninstalling the app, otherwise you will not be able to uninstall it. You can do that directly from the application settings dialog (go to WTN Settings >> General Settings and uncheck the "Device Administrator" check-box) or you can do it directly from Settings dialog of your device (go to Settings >> Security >> Device administrators and uncheck the "Turn Off the Screen")
For common questions please see the G+ page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110175170624549847232
Tags: Proximity, Gravity, Screen, Display, On, Off, Wake Up