A must-have for everyone out in the snowy mountains, perfect for freeriders, snowboarders etc. Helps better determine avalanche danger. Provides live avalanche reports and weather report, even when network coverage is bad.
Currently supported countries: Austria, South Tyrol, Germany, Slovakia
(This app is purely informational and not a replacement for the usual safety precautions.)
Außerdem können Sie Zusammenfassungen gängiger Redewendungen für den Skiunterricht in Sprachbüchern auf Englisch, Italienisch, Französisch, Holländisch und Russisch kaufen.
Des Weiteren sind wichtige Infos zur alpinen Sicherheit und zur Pisteneinteilung sowie die FIS-Regeln enthalten. Über die App können auch Fotos und Videos aufgenommen werden. Damit kann das Gelernte im Unterricht mit den TeilnehmerInnen analysiert werden.Das App ist ein Must-Have für alle Skilehrer und Skilehrerinnen.
is an unique smartphone app, which estimates the risk of triggering an avalanche or slab by skiing down a given route. The app is always positioned to user's present location and this is why it works across Europe. With the help of risk-analysis the danger of the tour is calculated by only one click.
As a result a probabilistic "stop or go"- decision will be displayed. The remaining residual risk is defined by the following formula:
Accepted residual risk = risk potential / precautionary measures
The avalanche bulletin represents hereby the risk potential. The precautionary measures (slope inclination and exposition) are restricting the possibilities for skiing down steep slopes, which deemed to be risky in relation to the avalanche bulletin ratio.
The model follows the elementary reduction method described in specialized avalanche literature by mountain guide Werner Munter of Switzerland.
WhiteScout, if used properly and permanently, can reduce todays relationship from 1 death by avalanches per 50'000 ski slopes to 1:100'000 in future.
Ullr Labs’ Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools (MAST) combines Android technology with established snow science to improve winter backcountry travel decisions, make it easy to share observations and adventures, and provide ongoing resources to increase avalanche knowledge and awareness.
We bring the features of gps, camera, compass, clinometer and snowpit book together in one easy-to-use tool*. With MAST you can:
•Download and read the most recent avalanche forecasts for your area.
•Review conditions recently reported by other users.
•Easily collect information about snow, weather and terrain conditions and avalanche sightings on your trips, using well-established snow science definitions and guidelines.
•Record location, elevation, slope angle and a photo of the area in one easy step.
•Receive warnings when recorded conditions and test results are at levels that avalanche science considers high-risk.
•Share your observations with the regional avalanche center (US only) and backcountry community in your area.
•Link to various educational resources to increase your knowledge of snow and avalanche science.
*GPS and Camera support only in devices equipped with those features.
- News: Real-time breaking news from the Avalanche, previews of upcoming matchups, post-game recaps
- Video: Video-on-demand clips of Avalanche press conferences, coach and player interviews
- Photos: Galleries of game-time action
- Audio: Podcasts
- Stats: Real-time statistics and scores from the official NHL stats engine, head-to-head stats of the matchup, player stats, box scores, and scoring summaries
- Standings: Division and conference standings
- Social media: Aggregated twitter of all of your favorite Avalanche tweeps, one-click tweet of all media items, one-click Facebook posting of all media items
- Schedule: Schedule of upcoming games, and scores/stats of previous games from the season, ticket purchase for games, sync to your calendar
- Evolving home-screen: Pre-game, in-game, post-game, off-season countdown
- Push notifications: Get instant game-time notifications about scores
Support/Questions/Suggestions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a tweet to @yinzcam
It gives access to the interactive avalanche bulletin as well as the latest snow and weather data for Switzerland.
White Risk also provides background knowledge to assist in assessing the avalanche danger, and tools to facilitate planning both before departure and en route, for ski touring, snowshoe hiking and freeriding expeditions.
The app's Tour function allows tours planned on the Web platform https://www.whiterisk.ch to be plotted on maps with slope angles offline.
The two core features of this application are:
1. A screen that helps to calculate the avalanche risk, based on the avalanche report, using the Reduction Method developed by Swiss avalanche expert Werner Munter.
2. A screen that provides a safety checklist based on the 3x3 Filter Method developed by Werner Munter.
This application can be used anywhere in the world as it has no regional specific information, but is best in northern latitudes between 35° and 55°. This covers most popular ski areas. Extra caution must be used in far northern areas such as Alaska and Scandinavia as weaker solar radiation makes the snow pack less stable. It must also be adapted for the southern hemisphere.
This app is designed to be used in conjunction with other sources for weather and avalanche forecasts. These can be accessed through the internet, MMS services, television, newspapers, official bulletins and other region specific phone apps.
Have a good winter, go big and stay safe.
If you would like to volunteer to translate the app into your language, please contact me.
keywords: avalanche Lawine valange ski sciare snowboard freeride danger Gefahr pericolo safety Sicherheit sécurité sicurezza touring Skitouren randonnée fondo reduction method Reduktonsmethode 3x3 filter Formel 3x3
BASEline displays information from phone sensors such as altitude, speed, glide ratio, tilt, distance and bearing to target. Learn your glide ratio, fallrate, etc. Record tracks of your flights. Improve your skydiving performance. Includes:
- Translates sensor readings into audible feedback
- Alerts that fire when given conditions are met (eg- 3000ft and still in freefall, pull your chute!)
- Sound loops linked to your speed, glide ratio, fallrate, etc. (eg- a drum beat linked to your glide ratio)
- Set a "home" location, and then uses audible events to indicate distance and bearing to the home location.
- Also serves as a skydiving log book, recording from altimeter and GPS whenever the app is running.
It is strongly recommended that your device have a built-in barometric altimeter sensor (only available on some devices). GPS ALTITUDE IS NOT RELIABLE. Even with a barometric altimeter, phone sensors may not be reliable. Please exercise extreme caution if using this app in any risky or dangerous activities.
Software is provided "as is," with no warranty of any kind. Skydiving is dangerous, don't be stupid.