This Pro version adds extra search possibilities using a combination of GPS and WiFi signals and is 100% compatible with Snøg Avalanche Buddy Limited.
WARNING: a phone with Snøg Avalanche Buddy nor a certified beacon prevents avalanches or guarantees that people will be localised and saved. Any equipment can fail. Sufficient knowledge about mountains, weather and avalanche safety is the best way to prevent accidents. Snøg Avalanche Buddy is not a certified beacon and not compatible with 457 kHz beacons.
Every single person who skies outside boundaries should carry an approved avalanche beacon, but in practice, only those who are often in the free area carry one. As a result, many people ski unprotected. "Snøg Avalanche Buddy" tries to help.
How does Snøg Avalanche Buddy work? Simple, via a WiFi signal, a strong signal that can reach over 40 metres and is very precise in its localisation. Snøg provides searching and sending out trackable signals via WiFi. Snøg doesn't use your internet connection, it only uses WiFi technology.
More information at www.avalanchebuddy.com
Like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Snøg-Avalanche-Buddy/359262604157294
BASEline displays information from phone sensors such as altitude, speed, glide ratio, tilt, distance and bearing to target. Learn your glide ratio, fallrate, etc. Record tracks of your flights. Improve your skydiving performance. Includes:
- Translates sensor readings into audible feedback
- Alerts that fire when given conditions are met (eg- 3000ft and still in freefall, pull your chute!)
- Sound loops linked to your speed, glide ratio, fallrate, etc. (eg- a drum beat linked to your glide ratio)
- Set a "home" location, and then uses audible events to indicate distance and bearing to the home location.
- Also serves as a skydiving log book, recording from altimeter and GPS whenever the app is running.
It is strongly recommended that your device have a built-in barometric altimeter sensor (only available on some devices). GPS ALTITUDE IS NOT RELIABLE. Even with a barometric altimeter, phone sensors may not be reliable. Please exercise extreme caution if using this app in any risky or dangerous activities.
Software is provided "as is," with no warranty of any kind. Skydiving is dangerous, don't be stupid.