Officer of the Federation and the mandate of the Federal Ministry of Justice to
ensure that legislation in the public domain are comprehensive, certain and
predictable, the imperativeness of producing for circulation the authentic version
of the 1999 Constitution with its 1st, 2nd and 3rd Alterations as passed by the
National Assembly in 2010 and gazetted by the Federal Government Printer in
2011 is of utmost importance and priority.
Nigeria has had a series of constitutions. The current constitution was enacted on 29 May 1999, inaugurating the Nigerian Fourth Republic.
Note: Flip your finger on your device screen to turn the pages of this book, just as you would do with a real book!
...this free app is ad supported.
FREE LEGAL INFORMATION IN YOUR MOBILE PHONE
Criminal Code Act. Chapter 77. Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990
Criminal Code Act of Nigeria consists of 8 Parts, 54 Chapters and 521 articles:
Part 1 Introductory
Part 2 Offences against Public Order
Part 3 Offences against the Administration of Law and Justice and against Public Authority
Part 4 Acts Injurious to the Public in General
Part 5 Offences against the person and Relating to Marriage and Parental Rights and Duties, and against the Reputation of Individuals
Part 6 Offences Relating to property and contracts
Part 7 Miscellaneous Offences
Part 8 Preparation to Commit Offences: Conspiracy: Accessories after the Fact
Whether you are a layperson, law student, lawyer or a taxpayer, this is an invaluable reference since it contains full text of the Act in your phone. Very useful app for Naija.
This book useful for:
- Law Firms In Nigeria
Learning and Following this Highway Code will help you stay alive while using the road. It will help you avoid penalties due to road offences. It will also teach you how to use the road in a safe and civilized manner.
This app was created to create enlightenment on the rules and regulations guiding public road use, due to the fact that the print publication is not readily or easily available and/or obtainable. The app places this valuable information within easy grasp of the general public, being a pubic document that it is.
Evidence Act 2011, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria.
This Act repeals the Evidence Act , Cap. E14, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, and enacts a new Evidence Act, which shall apply to all judicial proceedings in or before Courts in Nigeria; and for related matters.
PART I — GENERAL
PART II — RELEVANCY
PART III — RELEVANCE AND ADMISSIBILITY OF CERTAIN EVIDENCE
PART IV — HEARSAY, OPINION AND CHARACTER EVIDENCE: RELEVANCE AND ADMISSIBILITY
PART V — DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE
PART VI — PROOF
PART VII — ORAL EVIDENCE AND THE INSPECTION OF REAL EVIDENCE
PART VIII— EXCLUSION OF ORAL BY DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE
PART IX — PRODUCTION AND EFFECT OF EVIDENCE
PART X — PRESUMPTIONS AND ESTOPPEL
PART XI — WITNESSES
PART XII — TAKING OF ORAL EVIDENCE AND EXAMINATION OF WITNESSES
PART XIII — EVIDENCE OF PREVIOUS CONVICTION
PART XIV — WRONGFUL ADMISSION AND REJECTION OF EVIDENCE
PART XV — SERVICE AND EXECUTION THROUGH-OUT NIGERIA OF PROCESS TO COMPEL THE ATTENDANCE OF WITNESSES BEFORE COURTS OF THE STATES AND THE FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY, ABUJA AND THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT
PART XVI — MISCELLANEOUS AND SUPPLEMENTAL
Criminal Code Act
Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990.
An Act to establish a code of criminal law.
PART 1 - Introductory
PART 2 - Offences against Public Order
PART 3 - Offences against the Administration of Law and Justice and against Public Authority
PART 4 - Acts Injurious to the Public in General
PART 5 - Offences against the Person and Relating to Marriage and Parental Rights and Duties and against the Reputation of Individuals
PART 6 - Offences relating to Property and Contracts
PART 7 - Miscellaneous Offences
PART 8 - Preparation to Commit Offences: Conspiracy: Accessories after the Fact
The COMPLETE Constitution of India presented in a readable and searchable format. Divided concisely into Parts, Chapters, Sub-Sections and containing the full unedited text of all the Articles. Also Contains 97 Amendments (till date), 12 Schedules and all Central Parliamentary Acts (Net). Everything is Searchable. Scroll through articles by Volume Keys. Current Path is always displayed on the top.
A MUST HAVE for every Indian... and others alike.
This is the ONLY app containing the Constitution of India.
- Full, unedited Article Content of all the 394 Articles.
- Divided into Parts, Sections, Sub-Sections and Article Lists.
- Searchable (Search Key)
- Display's Current Path in every Screen and in every Article so that you know where you are.
- 97 Amendments and their complete contents available
- 12 Schedules from the constitution
- Search in Constitution or Central Parliament Acts.
- Search by Article Content, Chapter Names, Part Names, Sub-Section Names and Article Names in Constitution Mode and Short Title, Act Number, Act Year, Act Objective, Full Act Text & Free Text Search in Central Acts Mode
- Bookmarking favorite Articles
- Search & Highlight in Amendments/Schedules
- Saves Previous Search State
- Navigate Indexes by Trackball/D-Pad
- Scroll through Articles by Volume Keys
- Tablet Screens Supported (Thanks to Abhitej Velore)
- Neat Presentation in the form of Heading and Description in every Screen
- Zoom by clicking on icons/Pinch zoom in Amendments and Central Acts Screens.
- Text size can be increased/Decreased for Article Content.
- Aesthetic Reading Experience
- Low Memory Resources required
- A good way to teach kid's about the Constitution of India
- Helps Improve the Productivity of people who refer the Constitution regularly.
- Share Article Title, Content or both through SMS, Email or any text related application.
And many more!
[NEW]SOCIAL FEATURES ENABLED (powered by Socialize)
FULL NETWORK ACCESS: To communicate with Socialize Servers (Likes, comments, Facebook, Google+,etc) and also to load Other Law Content in Search Menu.
READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY: Anonymous commenting requires the retrieval of Device ID so that all comments/likes/shares can be linked to the Device ID. No personally identifiable information is read from the Phone.
STORAGE: To read the data from the Database as "Move to SD card" option is enabled.
Please note that I did not write this, but gathered the text, notes, and annotations from a variety of sources, but mostly www.usconstitution.net
(see below). I wanted a handy, self-contained reference to the Constitution.
Navigation thru sections of the constitution or articles of confederation is done using the D-pad or track ball of your device if equipped, or by swiping your finger left or right across the screen.
Pressing the select text menu will temporarily disable gestures (finger swipes). The text selection process is is built into Android -- learn it and you have learned how to use it in this app. Once text is copied onto the clipboard, gestures will not be restored until you share the clipboard contents to email, or Twitter, whatever. Gestures are also restored by returning to the top level menu.
- Searchable US Constitution and Articles of Confederation
- Resizable text
- Ratification Dates of Amendments
- Bios of the signers
- Constitution timeline
- Declaration of Independence
- Articles of Confederation
- Gettysburg address
- Mayflower Compact
- Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen
- Star-Spangled Banner
- Emancipation Proclamation
- I Have a Dream
Odds & Ends:
- The U.S. Constitution has not been updated since 1992. Any updates made to the app are to improve the functionality of the app, add features, or to remove bugs.
- The app contains a few hyperlinks to some source or reference material on the web, so it will ask for internet access in the permission when you install.
- If you find a bug (and you want it fixed) email the developer using the link on this page, don't just leave a comment (Android secret: Developers do not read their comments).
Have all of your guaranteed rights, in the palm of your hand!
- Full US Constitution
- Several other similar documents: The articles of confederation, the declaration of independence, the english bill of rights, and the magna carta
- Failed amendments
- Ability to quickly jump to wikipedia, google search, or the official page for each item
- Move to SD Card
Additions or corrections readily welcomed. Thanks for the support!
Criminal Procedure Act
Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990
An Act to make provision for the procedure to be followed in criminal cases in the High Court and Magistrates' Courts.
Criminal Procedure is the legal process under which Criminal Law is administered through the use of Evidence, arguments and legal reasoning.
Criminal Procedure Act is the principal enactment governing criminal procedure in the courts in Nigeria.
OH YEAH, DID WE MENTION THAT ITS CHEAPER THAN RIDING AN ACTUAL OKADA! Here are other reasons to download okadabooks today...
• 90% of our books are free and others cost less than $1.00!
• You get to pick from over 7500 books in our ever growing library.
• You get to become an author and publish your own books and share with others.
• Interact with published and unpublished authors across Africa.
• Get access to past JAMB and WAEC questions and turn your phone into a powerful educational resource
Still reading this boring app description when there is more fun stuff to read on okadabooks? Get the app now and see how far your imagination can go....
The Federalist Papers are a natural choice for inclusion in the American DNA section of the 'United States Constitution' app found in the Android Market. I did not include it because it would have doubled the size of the that app and I want to maintain a little size discipline, so to speak. So after many request I created 'The Federalist Papers'. It's not annotated like the Constitution, but it does contain a search feature which should make personal analysis a little easier. I'll be making improvements as I go of course, so for now here you go.