The COMPLETE Constitution of India presented in a readable and searchable format. Divided concisely into Parts, Chapters, Sub-Sections and containing the full unedited text of all the Articles. Also Contains 97 Amendments (till date), 12 Schedules and all Central Parliamentary Acts (Net). Everything is Searchable. Scroll through articles by Volume Keys. Current Path is always displayed on the top.
A MUST HAVE for every Indian... and others alike.
This is the ONLY app containing the Constitution of India.
- Full, unedited Article Content of all the 394 Articles.
- Divided into Parts, Sections, Sub-Sections and Article Lists.
- Searchable (Search Key)
- Display's Current Path in every Screen and in every Article so that you know where you are.
- 97 Amendments and their complete contents available
- 12 Schedules from the constitution
- Search in Constitution or Central Parliament Acts.
- Search by Article Content, Chapter Names, Part Names, Sub-Section Names and Article Names in Constitution Mode and Short Title, Act Number, Act Year, Act Objective, Full Act Text & Free Text Search in Central Acts Mode
- Bookmarking favorite Articles
- Search & Highlight in Amendments/Schedules
- Saves Previous Search State
- Navigate Indexes by Trackball/D-Pad
- Scroll through Articles by Volume Keys
- Tablet Screens Supported (Thanks to Abhitej Velore)
- Neat Presentation in the form of Heading and Description in every Screen
- Zoom by clicking on icons/Pinch zoom in Amendments and Central Acts Screens.
- Text size can be increased/Decreased for Article Content.
- Aesthetic Reading Experience
- Low Memory Resources required
- A good way to teach kid's about the Constitution of India
- Helps Improve the Productivity of people who refer the Constitution regularly.
- Share Article Title, Content or both through SMS, Email or any text related application.
And many more!
[NEW]SOCIAL FEATURES ENABLED (powered by Socialize)
FULL NETWORK ACCESS: To communicate with Socialize Servers (Likes, comments, Facebook, Google+,etc) and also to load Other Law Content in Search Menu.
READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY: Anonymous commenting requires the retrieval of Device ID so that all comments/likes/shares can be linked to the Device ID. No personally identifiable information is read from the Phone.
STORAGE: To read the data from the Database as "Move to SD card" option is enabled.
Please note that I did not write this, but gathered the text, notes, and annotations from a variety of sources, but mostly www.usconstitution.net
(see below). I wanted a handy, self-contained reference to the Constitution.
Navigation thru sections of the constitution or articles of confederation is done using the D-pad or track ball of your device if equipped, or by swiping your finger left or right across the screen.
Pressing the select text menu will temporarily disable gestures (finger swipes). The text selection process is is built into Android -- learn it and you have learned how to use it in this app. Once text is copied onto the clipboard, gestures will not be restored until you share the clipboard contents to email, or Twitter, whatever. Gestures are also restored by returning to the top level menu.
- Searchable US Constitution and Articles of Confederation
- Resizable text
- Ratification Dates of Amendments
- Bios of the signers
- Constitution timeline
- Declaration of Independence
- Articles of Confederation
- Gettysburg address
- Mayflower Compact
- Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen
- Star-Spangled Banner
- Emancipation Proclamation
- I Have a Dream
Odds & Ends:
- The U.S. Constitution has not been updated since 1992. Any updates made to the app are to improve the functionality of the app, add features, or to remove bugs.
- The app contains a few hyperlinks to some source or reference material on the web, so it will ask for internet access in the permission when you install.
- If you find a bug (and you want it fixed) email the developer using the link on this page, don't just leave a comment (Android secret: Developers do not read their comments).
Have all of your guaranteed rights, in the palm of your hand!
- Full US Constitution
- Several other similar documents: The articles of confederation, the declaration of independence, the english bill of rights, and the magna carta
- Failed amendments
- Ability to quickly jump to wikipedia, google search, or the official page for each item
- Move to SD Card
Additions or corrections readily welcomed. Thanks for the support!
Cette application a pour pour objectif de permettre la consultation des différents articles de la nouvelle constitution d'une manière simple, intuitive et agréable.
Les articles de cette nouvelle constitution sont consultables en Arabe et en Français
Must-have application for every American!
The Constitution of The United States of America in your phone.
• Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 1 - The Legislature
Section 2 - The House
Section 3 - The Senate
Section 4 - Elections, Meetings
Section 5 - Membership, Rules, Journals, Adjournment
Section 6 - Compensation
Section 7 - Revenue Bills, Legislative Process, Presidential Veto
Section 8 - Powers of Congress
Section 9 - Limits on Congress
Section 10 - Powers Prohibited of States
• Article 2 - The Executive Branch
Section 1 - The President
Section 2 - Civilian Power Over Military, Cabinet, Pardon Power, Appointments
Section 3 - State of the Union, Convening Congress
Section 4 - Disqualification
• Article 3 - The Judicial Branch
Section 1 - Judicial Powers
Section 2 - Trial by Jury, Original Jurisdiction, Jury Trials
Section 3 - Treason
• Article 4 - The States
Section 1 - Each State to Honor all Others
Section 2 - State Citizens, Extradition
Section 3 - New States
Section 4 - Republican Government
• Article 5 - Amendment
• Article 6 - Debts, Supremacy, Oaths
• Article 7 - Ratification
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression
Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms
Amendment 3 - Quartering of Soldiers
Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure
Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings
Amendment 6 - Right to Speedy Trial, Confrontation of Witnesses
Amendment 7 - Trial by Jury in Civil Cases
Amendment 8 - Cruel and Unusual Punishment
Amendment 9 - Construction of Constitution
Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People
Amendment 11 - Judicial Limits
Amendment 12 - Choosing the President, Vice President
Amendment 13 - Slavery Abolished
Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights
Amendment 15 - Race No Bar to Vote
Amendment 16 - Status of Income Tax Clarified
Amendment 17 - Senators Elected by Popular Vote
Amendment 18 - Liquor Abolished
Amendment 19 - Women's Suffrage
Amendment 20 - Presidential, Congressional Terms
Amendment 21 - Amendment 18 Repealed
Amendment 22 - Presidential Term Limits
Amendment 23 - Presidential Vote for District of Columbia
Amendment 24 - Poll Taxes Barred
Amendment 25 - Presidential Disability and Succession
Amendment 26 - Voting Age Set to 18 Years
Amendment 27 - Limiting Changes to Congressional Pay
More from developer
When we succeed in our endeavour of ensuring that a majority of the country's citizens know the constitution. We can begin to intelligently hold our leaders accountable for the provision of our constitutional rights.
Find out if you can successfully navigate through shady associates, government tax officials and other money grabbers to setup and run a successful business of your own. If you make the right decisions and with a bit of luck you might just have what it takes.
Give it a try!!!