I've tried everything, but trying to solve Plex double nat issues has pretty much killed any remote access I might have to my server. Unless you have pretty vanilla internet access, Plex may not be for you. Living in a building with a shared router, behind a firewall, basically means my monthly subscription is useless.
It's alright, paid for it but now regret it. Tested it with a variety of video and audio formats; when playing a file (from local storage) with DTS 5.1 (4K H.264 14GB), all you hear is a constant loud buzzing noise, although intermittently you might hear the faint playback of the original audio in the background, though it often doesnt.
Remember the last sort order. Or ability to set default sort by Release Date instead of Alphabetical. Separate Sort and Filter. One menu for both is too cluttered. App still loads very slow on Nexus 6p.
Great App!!! Just have one issue. When casting, when I want to playback a movie I had been watching it asks me to resume or start from beginning. When I hit resume it plays the movie from the beginning. Please help with this.
Plex is the best piece of software you can use to get all your local media onto any of your devices.
NEW IN 6.2.0:
• Include updated translations.
• [Mobile] Playback notifications will follow platform style.
• [Android TV] DTS-HD HR is now supported via Passthrough.
• [Android TV] Disabling Passthrough should really disable Passthrough.
FIXES IN 6.2.1:
• [Local Playback] Analysis and playback now more reliable when application is launched via "Open With".
• [Mobile] Crash during application startup on new install. (#7422)
Much more, see https://goo.gl/GqRo4m
Streaming local video file to smart TV/Chromecast, No Ads, Full feature, Free.