Let us import our db and host it on a external memory device. I also want to be able to install 3rd party channels. Unhappy with Plex on the Shield.
I use this on Nvidia shield android TV. Sharing plex storage to windows PC over network is a nightmare. Only works upon configuration, then after device is rebooted or sleeps sharing is not possible anymore. Issue needs a fix urgently as it is a core component of the application functionality.
Same issues remain from launch day. Transcoding 10bit files doesn't work, anamorphic video aspect ratio gets messed up when transcoding. The lack of access to the data area is a real pain though even if it was just to back up server data and watch status. Considering giving up on this as a media server. If these things were fixed it would be 5 stars
I use this on my Nvidia Shield TV 16GB model. I formatted a 2TB USB drive as "internal storage" so I could also access the files via a network share and have write access. It's a fantastic, fast, versatile server and media player. A+!
it was never ready for Shield TV and will never be
Horrible, always has been, always will be.
- (Web) Updated Plex Web to 3.7.0
- (Metadata) Use 16x9 aspect ratios for 480p and 576p resolution limits. (#6795)
- (MDE) Corrected codec decision to prefer AAC over MP3 when on windows (#6737)
- (DVR) Stutter during playback of remuxed DVR recordings (#7070)
- (Tags) Tags including numbers were sorted incorrectly (#7027)
- (DVR) Multiple concurrent recordings could not be made with the HDHR Dual (#6934)