**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
Can help you directly by clicking on the phone screen to lock the screen.
Not need to click the phone lock screen button.
Why use this software?
Phone lock screen button is the most commonly used keys.
But often this key operation can be easily damaged.
Now, with the lock screen software, you can lock the screen by software, and no longer hurt your cell phone hardware.
This software is small and practical.
Suitable for all models.
If you have any questions, please send email to me. Thank you.
You can choose your preferred settings* for SPoB to avoid any annoying situation (like disable SPoB if in landscape mode when texting, if a specific app is executing or if the phone is in a pocket**).
SPoB also offers a useful widget that allows you to activate and deactivate the service quickly with one touch without opening the app.
Take a look at the app stats and count how many times you skipped the physical power button. You won't miss it anymore!
*Some functions are available for the full version only
**Light sensor required
Help me to translate SPoB in other languages, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more informations.
If your tablet or phone’s power button is starting to fail, stop using it and get this app!
POWER ON USING VOLUME KEYS
Using Power On Volume you can wake up your tablet or phone and power on your screen using the physical volume keys on your tablet or phone instead of using a faulty power button.
*** NOW USES MUCH LESS BATTERY POWER ***
Tests showed up to 72% reduction in battery drain compared to previous versions. Battery drain varies by device type and can still be an issue on some devices.
POWER OFF OPTIONS
Using Power On Volume you can power off the screen, lock the screen, and enter power saving sleep mode using three options:
* Waving your hand in front of your device’s proximity sensor (if supported).
* Long pressing the search button (on devices with a search key).
* Pressing a Power Off shortcut icon from your home screen.
* Pressing the Power Off button in the Power On Volume app.
* Pressing a Power Off notification in the notification bar.
The long press search button feature is fully configurable. You can enable and disable this feature, and you can also select other apps to be launched when you long press the search button if they support this feature (such as the Google Voice Search app).
The Power Off shortcut icon can be selected from 16 beautiful HD Power Off icons.
The Power Off feature is compatible with all current versions of Android. Unlike many other apps available, the Power Off function will never turn the screen back on unpredictably like other similar apps are known to do when run on Android OS versions 4.0.4 or 4.1.1.
When the Power Off Proximity function is enabled (on supported hardware), you can turn off your device by waving your hand in front of the proximity sensor or by placing your device face down, putting it in a pocket, etc. Any action that covers the front will turn off your device. The Power Off Proximity function won’t turn off your phone during calls or when the phone is ringing. The Power Off Proximity function doesn’t consume any power when disabled or when the screen is off, saving precious battery life.
The root features require a rooted tablet or phone. If you don’t know was root is, you probably don’t have a rooted tablet or phone.
* Hot Boot: restarts the android GUI (if supported by your rooted system).
* Power Long Press: emulates long pressing the hardware power button.
* Reboot: reboots the device (if supported by your rooted system).
* Reboot Recovery: reboots the device into recovery mode (if supported by your rooted system).
* Shutdown: completely powers down your device
The Hot Boot, Reboot, and Reboot Recovery features rely on busybox and therefore work on most but not all rooted systems. Support for these features depends on the version of busybox installed, and how your rooted system is configured.
WHAT THIS APP DOES NOT DO
* This app cannot power on your tablet or phone’s screen if it’s not in sleep mode. If it is completely shut down, it is impossible for apps to run. Because this is an app, your tablet or phone must be in sleep mode for it to be able to power on the screen.
* This app cannot reboot a tablet or phone that is not rooted.
* This app cannot completely power off a tablet or phone that is not rooted.
*** TABLET/PHONE COMPATIBILITY ***
This app version was tested on ICS, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Jellybean Android OS versions using select Samsung, Arnova, and Craig phones, tablets, and netbooks and runs well. Some phones/tablets might not work properly with this app. If you experience any problems please contact me for support.
Use the app's built-in "Uninstall" button for an easy uninstall. Uninstalling by other methods can fail.
If you contact me for support and I cannot get the app to work on your tablet or phone after a few attempts I will give you a full refund when requested.
Do you have broken power button? This app can save your phone! You can unlock screen by other keys and lock screen using widget.
- No ROOT required
- Android 2.2 unlocks with VOLUME keys and TRACKBALL
- Android 2.3 unlocks only with VOLUME keys
- Android 3+ works only when slide-to-unlock is disabled
- You can use simple unlock screen with clock to prevent undesired mistaps
- Works mostly just on Nexus One/S. Other devices are experimental!
- The app is open-sourced and it is based on app AnyUnlock. If AnyUnlock works for you, this app will work also.
- English and Czech localization
- DISABLE BEFORE UNINSTALL!
- If you have troubles entering PIN after reboot: disable, enter PIN and enable.
- Don't use app killers, they will kill the app and you won't be able to unlock your phone
- You won't be able to protect your phone with password/pattern
Did I saved your phone? Please donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PSHU456C862DQ
The application maps your Power Button for easy access on screen. You can set a widget or notification (HoneyComb and above only) for turning the screen off and opening the power menu. You can also access these functions from within the application.
The application has a quick setup to help you with how the application works.
It will try to automatically map your power button, failing which it'll show you the output of the devices present on your phone. Please choose the one which you think is by best the power button. This happens because not all devices have their power button mapped under the name "pwr_key", some of them like the HTC Wildfire use "keypad" and so on and so forth. So it is hard to manually map all possibilities. Do try out every one of the devices listed if you're not sure and test them all out, one of them will DEFINITELY work.
This application has been personally tested by the developer on the Nexus 4 running 4.4 and HTC Wildfire running 2.3.7
This application was also tested by Jasper Guerrero on the following devices :
Nexus 4 (4.4.1), Galaxy Y(2.3.6), Galaxy Ace I(2.3.6), CM Titan(4.1), Sky Vega(4.0.4), CM Burst(4.1.2), Galaxy Y 2(4.1.2), Galaxy S2(4.2.2), Galaxy Ace(2.3.7).
Thank you, Jasper.
Jasper had the following to say about the application's new version:
-Response in screen off is kind of delayed compared to v0.2. Both in status bar and in widget.
-Faster access having widget and notifications
-Mapping is faster since SU is granted in the first place.
The slow response time is because there is no service running in the background that consumes battery. When you access the widget or notification, the app is called - it turns the screen off or opens the power menu - and then immediately terminates. Thus, there is almost 0 battery consumption.
For creating a Tasker toggle, refer http://powertoggles.com/tasker.html
For concerns regarding SuperUser permission: http://m.powertoggles.com/help.php?e=26 , https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/T9xnMJEnzf1
(****** Note: Do not install on SD card ******)
**Call phone permission is required for adding direct call shortcuts on the widget.
Contains 40+ toggles including
Mobile Data (3G/4G)
Bluetooth (toggle, discovery and tether),
Custom application shortcut
Custom system shortcuts
And many more...
Supports homescreen widgets and notification widget. Also supports expandable notification widget on Jelly Beans.
Lockscreen widgets on android 4.2
Many customization options like changing color theme and icons for individual toggles.
Backup and share widget settings from the widget configure screen (Menu > Import / Export) as well as various themes for multi-icon toggles and battery toggle.
android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER: Required for running root commands. No effect on non-rooted phones. Users will still get the prompt asking for permission when running root command. http://m.powertoggles.com/help.php?e=26
android.permission.CAMERA: Required for the flashlight to work.
android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: required to display a toggle choice popup when using notification widget (Only on gingerbread)
Note: on gingerbread, direct notification toggle is not possible. The clicking the notification widget, it displays a popup to choose an action.
1) Can the GPS toggle be single click instead of a shortcut to system settings?
No. Direct GPS toggle is not possible due to security restrictions on android.
2) Where is the 4G toggle button or the 2G toggle button?
There is an unified mobile data toggle button, which should work for all networks (2G/3G/4G). On some mobiles Wimax toggle would also work.
Simply add this toggle and change the icon on the global settings screen. The icon is only for the display purpose and serve no functionality changes.
3) The flashlight is not working on my device.
Flashlight is only supported on a limited number of devices. I am not able to support many devices as I don’t have access to those.
4) Can the notification widget icon be removed.
No. Current android API does not support a notification without an icon. You can instead use a transparent icon or a battery icon.
5) The notification widget is pushed to the bottom when a new notification arrives.
Android currently does not support adding a notification which is always on the top. You can enable an accessibility service which pushes the widget on the top whenever a new notification arrives.
On the main application screen, click the pin icon in the notification section, and enable the “Power Controls” accessibility service to make the widget pin to the top of the notification area.
Feel free to suggest more toggle button ideas.
Please go through the Help and FAQ section in the app (fully searchable) twice before reporting a bug, most likely it is already answered there.
It is difficult for me to reply to each email individually, some of the emails may get lost in the huge list of unread mails. If you do not get a reply within a week, ping me again.
Easy and friendly to rebooot your Android device.
- Reboot (Simple restart your device)
- Reboot Recovery
- Reboot Bootloader (May not work for all devices)
- Shut Down (Power off your device)
- System Version (Display system version message)
THIS APP IS MADE IN HONG KONG ^.^
Sorry for the "ugly" user interface, I believe simple is the best for such functional app.
tags: simple, power, button, reboot, recovery, root, shut down, bootloader, good, hong kong
If you have a device with poor battery life, Power Switch can save tons of juice by switching it off entirely after a given amount of time asleep.
- Sleep seconds after shutting case
- Automatic shutdown (root only)
- Set up a schedule using Night Mode
- Configure sensor sensitivity
- Facedown to turn screen off
- Uses almost no power in single sensor mode
The app has gone through an extensive testing process at XDA Developers. Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen, you're the best.
ADMIN PERMISSIONS are required to manipulate the screen state without root.
Keywords: root, rooted, tool, system, power, save, power saver, screen off, no lock, automatic shutdown, quick shutdown.
*New Backgrounds added*
With Power Widget you gain quick access to most of your important settings.
And most important it is highly customizable. Change background transparency, the order of your toggles or even how much toggles you put on your toggle bar is up to you.
Airplane (Please note that toggling airplane mode on/off is no longer possible as of Android 4.2.)
Bluetooth (only >2.x)
Lock Pattern (<2.2)
Brightness Slider (with auto for >2.x)
Sync (only >2.x)
GPS (since 2.x link to the settings page)
2G/3G (since 2.x link to the settings page)
- On some devices you might need to restart you device before Power Widget appears in your widget list.
- If you purchase the regular version of Power Widget, please uninstall this version afterwards to get rid of the notification messages (not necessary when you unlock the trial version).
- Power Wiget lite is still free and works without restriction as it used to, but it keeps reminding you to purchase the unlock key. Therefore, we decided to call it a lite rather than a free app.
keywords: toggles, power control, controls, power bar, widget, switches, tablet ready, ice cream sandwich, options, powerwidget
With this really nifty app running on your Android, you can use the volume button instead of the power button to wake up your device!
Totally free, no annoying ads!
Please note that you may experience a power drain on the battery. This comes with the territory of keeping your device awake at all times in order to enable the volume button to perform the power button function. With recent updates to the Android operating system - this is the only way to do it.
If this app is run without the screen off setting, then the long term behavior of this app becomes unpredictable, as it is subject to the operating system's whims to reclaim memory. We recommend that you enable the 'screen off in notification bar' feature if you plan to use the app for long periods of time.
To make sure that you can turn on your computer you will need to enable WOL for your device. Please read the manual of your computer/device/NAS/motherboard on how to enable WOL.
If you have any problems or ideas for the application please contact me by email. If you put bugs in the reviews I won't be able to contact you on how to solve them.
keywords: remote, power, WOL, wake on lan, remote power switch
- with a single click on the power button
- even if the device is locked (pin, swipe or password)
Upload the application, launch it and a notification will be displayed to inform that the "Torch Unlock" service is running.
Once your device get locked (password protected, swipe or pin), you get two options:
- either just press 3 times the power button each press shall occur around once every second (no more) and a torch will appear. The correct sequence is: press it, wait for screen on, press it, wait for screen off, press it : a bit "à la pressy"
- or set your device in a vertical position up side down and press once the power button and release it (you get a vibration) then turn back the phone vertically in "portrait" position (you get a second vibration) and the torch is activated. This works too when the screen is OFF and the phone not locked
Pressing the "back" button will lock again the camera and brings back on the device lock screen .
From a security point of view, don't be afraid, only "Torch Unlock" application is unlocked. It remains impossible to access to any other application. It is more or less the same principle which is used by the agenda to warn you of a rendez-vous even if the device is locked.
On splash screen you get the opportunity to activate/inhibit the background service, to choose your prefered activation method ("triple press" or "vertical") and also to show or not the Torch Unlock notification. When the notification is displayed, pressing it brings you to the Torch tool page.
The torch allows to send morse coded messages. Enter the mesage in the text area, then press the "..." button. If the "loop" checkbox is checked, then the message will be repeated forever. The default text is "SOS", if you want a long flasher enter "T", for a fast one enter "E" ...
Note after having installed the application TorchUnlock Service will automatically be loaded if you reboot the device.
[Notes on Uninstall.]
"Force Lock" should want to disable.
Can not be uninstalled if enabled.
Alternatively, can be disabled in the menu
Tapping the widgets, the effect turns off the screen.
The notification bar is displayed while the effect of wiping.
Widgets or can be launched from a shortcut.
If your device is Android2.2 or later, "Force Lock" Please to enabled.
Older versions will take about 5 seconds to Screen-off.
Please place this widget on your home screen.
Setting appears in the following operations.
(Please operate it during a screen effect.)
- Double-tap the screen.
- Press the Menu key of the device.
- Select Settings in the notification area.
[notice] Some devices may not operate.
You can choose an effect.
Vibration can also be set.
You can also choose the color and design and size of the icon.
( 12 colors of 4 styles and 3 size. )
Adjust position of the widget.
and, "Force Lock" configuration. (Android2.2 or later)
If the device is difficult to press the power button, please use.
If you want to launch from a shortcut, please tick the check boxes in the initial screen.
When the initial screen is no longer, this app will run directly from a shortcut.
You can not change the color of the shortcut icon.
- Don't move to SD card.
- Internet permission is only used for ads.
[Notes on Uninstall.]
"Force Lock" should want to disable.
Can not be uninstalled if enabled.
Alternatively, can be disabled in the menu
[Screen Off FX] -----------------------