Using X-Plane to GPS is very simple; just follow the steps on the Instructions tab. As of version 1.40, the application can automatically configure X-Plane for you! Setting the Active/Paused button to Active will start a background service to ensure that data stays flowing while the application is in the background (the service is terminated when the button is set to Paused). Once the connection is established you will see a valid position on the Data tab and you can switch to the moving map application of your choice. The app has been developed and tested with X-Plane versions 9 and 10; older versions might not work as the UDP data format has changed over time. For more complete instructions please visit the developer's website and download the manual.
X-Plane to GPS is a product of Appropel and is not related to Laminar Research, Google, Garmin, 123west, or PocketFMS.
Note: Due to the ground station feature, some database related files has been changed. Before upgrading from 2.06 to 3.09, please export all the flight log you would like to keep. And uninstall the app and then install 3.09.
Vision Pilot Features:
1. Camera Tilt Control
Swipe up to pitch camera upwards and down to pitch downwards.
2. Map and FPV Display
- Full FPV – FPV view in full screen.
- Full Map – Display Full map screen.
- FPV in full screen and map at lower right corner
- Map in full screen and FPV view at lower right corner.
Navigation Mode: (only for device has compass sensor)
- Aircraft navigation mode
- Pilot navigation mode
- Wifi Orientato
3. Flight Parameters
Distance: Horizontal distance from home point.
Altitude: Vertical distance from home point.
Speed: Vertical / Horizontal flying speed.
4. Wi-Fi Signal Intensity
Indicates camera is connected to your mobile deviceand Wi-Fi is working normally.
The connection between the camera and mobile device may fail if Wi-Fi signal strength is low.
5. Aircraft Battery Level
(1) When available power is more than 30%, the battery icon is in white. This battery level is appropriate for flight.
(2) When below 30%, the battery icon will turn red. This battery level is low for flight. It is recommended that you fly your PHANTOM 2 VISION home and land it as soon as possible.
6. Aircraft GPS Status
Displays GPS status and the number of available satellites.
7. Wifi Booster (only for Vision+)
One click enhances the WiFi Video Reception Performance. It will boost the output signal up to 100% from both the Range Extender and Transmitter to increase the FPV range.
8. Find My Vision
Playback the previous flight path.
9. Flight Log System
Record flight details of each flight (eg. GPS latitude longitude altitude speed, battery level, IMU data). Log file can be exported to other app (eg. Dashware)
10. Flight Time Indicator
Remaining flight time and battery level indicator that display the estimated flight time based on the battery current discharge rate.
11. Flight Route Editor
Enter map edit mode and draw the flight route in advance before taking off and starting your mission.
12. Preflight Aircraft Status
13. Take photos
Two Finger Double Tap the video view to take photos. Taking photo is disabled during video recording.
14. Record video
One Finger Double Tap the video view to start and stop video recording.
15. Custom GPS mode: more info at
Hover : rotate your phantom to point to your iOS device while hovering at specified altitude.
Follow Me : track your iOS device at a specified bearing, altitude and distance.
Circle : 360 degree orbit point of interest (your android device) while keeping your phantom to point toward it.
16. Ground Station support
17. Voice Alert
Report command(eg. "Take off", "Landed") or repeat warning messages(eg. "Low Battery Level", "GPS Malfunction") at a specified interval.
Auto Recording starts the video record while taking off to avoid forgetting to turn on/off your
Toggle on/off grid line to help you set up Gold ratio of your image before capturing
Capturing image whenever your drone has moved a predefined horizontal and vertical distance.
Combine Home Point Option: use aircraft home point location as the primary home point while your Android device home point is not available.
WARNING: This App is only compatible with DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ / Vision. Please make sure you have the latest DJI firmware and Vision app installed.
Fail to follow the usage instruction to operate will cause unexpected damage and we accepts no liability for the damage.
Fully functional beta version, including trip import feature, with expiration date of June 30, 2015. Full version will be free, however, importing schedules will cost 1.99 per month after beta version expires.
****Saved data will NOT be lost upon beta expiration.
****Import trip feature available for following airlines:
* UNITED AIRLINES
* PIEDMONT AIRLINES
* REPUBLIC AIRWAYS
* JETBLUE AIRWAYS
* VIRGIN AMERICA
* JAZZ AVIATION
* GOJET AIRLINES
* SPIRIT AIRLINES
I will be glad to work with pilots from other airlines to extend this trip import feature to them as well. I will also be glad to work with pilots that currently have a trip importer to include the following extra import features available to United pilots.
*EXTRA IMPORT FEATURES* - Available to United (Legacy Continental and Legacy United CCS users):
**trip importer includes the importing of crew names (including DH pilots) for all flights in the trip being imported, crew meal information for every flight, and the following layover information: 'Hotel' (name and phone number), 'Ops' (phone number), 'Limo' (transportation service name and phone number), 'Pickup' (location at airport), and 'Return' (transportation service name, phone number and pick up time from hotel back to airport. All phone numbers can be clicked to make the call.
**An update crew list feature in the 'Day View' page for United pilots (Legacy Continental and Legacy United CCS users). To use, click on the '↓Crew' button from the 'Day View' page top button bar. You can then view the updated crew list categorized by flight numbers from the 'Day and Month View' pages. (Must have the 'United' option selected for the main preferences page 'Trip Import' category first.)
- Automatic backup of all logbook data to SD card (if inserted), or native phone memory (certain phone models).
- Keep track of overs/unders. Choose from 3 options: None, By Flight, or By Day.
- Tracks 'Minimum Pay Per Day' soft time based on user preference.
- Ability to save crew member names and comments.
- Ability to track actual AND scheduled out, in, and total times separately.
- Ability to backup or restore flight data to and from SD card manually.
- Ability to export logbook data to a CSV file.
- Display flights by 'Month' or by 'Day'. (Swipe left/right for previous/next month or day)
- Month Adjust preference provides the ability to set the starting and ending day for the month when viewing schedule in 'Month View' to allow a user to account for company defined month(s) that don't align with standard calendar month(s).
- FT, flight time, and CT, credit time displays in the 'Month' and 'Day View' pages. FT shows total actual flight time flown, while CT shows total credit time based on over/under and minimum pay per day preferences chosen by the user.
- Ability to view your schedule in a calendar.
- Ability to choose which page the application displays at start up.
- Crew rest calculator for computing break times for long haul flights.
- 'Totals' snapshot page for quickly viewing total flight hours in the last 7 and 30 days, 6 and 12 months, as well as landing currency (last 90 days).
- Preference for adding total flight time prior to using this application, so total flight hours in the 'Totals' snapshot page will reflect total flight time (both before and after using this app).
- Ability to get Metar(s) and Taf(s) for any airport.
- Ability to check live airline flight status information
- Ability to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit
- Wind calculator (head/tail/cross)
****If you have any suggestions, questions, or comments that you would like a response to, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
****If you work for an airline not included in the trip import list, please contact me and we can work together to extend the trip import feature for pilots from your airline.
The required data is provided for free with an existing PocketFMS license, or by a yearly subscription obtained as an in-app purchase when this app is first run:
-Europe 69.95 Euro
The subscription provides current AeroData for Europe, USA, Canada & Australia/NZ, published in line with the 28 day AIRAC cycle. It includes current NOTAM & WX for all supported regions and enhanced European WX forecasts from our contracted professionals.
EasyVFR is an aviation Moving Map/EFB which can be used for flight planning, easy GPS navigation and post-flight analysis on Android devices (min. Android 3.x, 1GB RAM / 2GB storage). It is fully integrated with the PocketFMS Flight Management System.
With EasyVFR you can plan your flight, take your phone or tablet with you in the cockpit and follow your route on a moving map, always confident of your position and the airspace and airports around you.
PocketFMS has been providing flight planning and moving map systems since 2003. PocketFMS is a complete Flight Management System for VFR pilots, designed by pilots for pilots, that makes flight planning and navigation easy. Our AeroData is professionally maintained to the highest standards, including AIP updates for Australia/NZ, Canada, Europe & the USA, and is used in leading panel mounted avionics.
Currently the following is implemented:
- Unique 3D View (Synthetic Vision) for Europe, Australia/NZ, Canada (up to 60N) and USA;
- Terrain shading relative to aircraft altitude in both 2D and 3D view;
- Full PocketFMS AeroData support including many non-AIP airports, VFR reporting points, obstacles, navaids, places;
- Efficient flight planning. We have designed the easiest and fastest way to create multi-leg flightplans, starting with a tap & hold on a location on the map;
- Printing of flightplan briefings (NavLog,Weather,NOTAMS & Airspaces) using our unique EasyPrint system;
- Digital ATC flight plan filing for Europe and USA. NAIPS NfW file export;
- Quick and easy Direct To;
- Integrated Weather: PocketFMS' renowned Weather Information System provides graphical METAR/TAF depiction, W/V at different altitudes, and European Advanced WX forecast (cloudbase, SigWX - rain, fog, thunder);
- Graphical NOTAM depiction;
- Beautifully clear & detailed PocketFMS base mapping, or official charts for selected countries;
- Practice as if you are flying, while safely on the ground, by connecting your device to the free PocketFMS Simulator: http://www.pocketfms.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7829
- EFB Documents System with :
* Europe : All European Approach Plates from AIP's, Pooleys and DFS Anflugkarten, many geo-referenced
* Australia : ERSA & DAP Charts
* New Zealand : not supported
* USA : FAA's A/FD Directory.
* Canada : COPA's "Places to Fly";
- Vertical Profile View for airspaces, terrain and obstacles, for both Planning and actual Flying.
- GPX flightplan import & export.
EasyVFR Tutorials: http://www.pocketfms.com/EasyVFR/tut-FirstRun.asp
Learn more about PocketFMS at our web site and the PocketFMS Forum:
•We have a 30-day money back guarantee - if you're not satisfied, please contact us;
•Your payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase;
•Your subscription is automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period;
•Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period;
•Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off via your Subscription Settings in Google Play after purchase.