This App has the Worlds Airports in it's Destination Database. The database is searchable by ICAO or if you do not know the ICAO you may search by a combinations of words in the airport's description. it now has the Nearest screen from the paid version and added additional screen support. A moving map is included in the paid version
A Flight Plan Screen is included. In addition to airports, you may add a user defined destination with User Defined Latitude and Longitude plus the ability to store the current Latitude and Longitude as a User Define Airport.
A Flight Log Book is included. The Log Book records time in the air departure and arrival Lat/Lon plus export capability.
In addition it export a raw file of your points when in the air including speed, altitude, latitude and longitude.
This APP is a free, extremely easy to use VFR Airplane Navigation Aid for pilots and their passengers.
Androids have a good GPS receiver and a Magnetic Sensor. They are used to aid the pilot by telling him his Ground Track (MAGNETIC, TRUE), GROUNDSPEED (KTS, MPH, KPH), ALTITUDE (FT, Meters).
It is this easy to use. First during PREFLIGHT simply start the APP. The top of the phone will give you magnetic heading in degrees. This can used to set the gyroscopic direction finder.
Before flight, attach the phone to the yoke or dashboard with a commercial holder or velcro.
After a GPS lock occurs the APP will show you the Magnetic deviation from True North at your current Lat/Lon location.
Go to the PANEL mode to see the basic digital instruments. Pressing any of the Type Unit Headings will scroll to different units. For example, switching from Feet to Meters altitude.
- Full colour moving map which can be used in Track Up or North Up mode
- Extensive airfield information including licensed, unlicensed and microlight airfields, helipads
- IFR and VFR Reporting points
- Special Rules Areas and VFR routings
- Airspace Information, updated
- Direct-To, Move To Function
- Tap on any point on the map and it shows distance, bearing and ETA. Or insert your own Waypoint
- Flight Log displays distance to next waypoint, ground speed, desired track, ETE and ETA, as well as current position in relation to VFR points for easy position reporting
- Flight Planning : Airspace Intersections and Abeam Waypoints can be inserted (flight plans can also be imported from EasyPlan)
- User Waypoints (can also be imported from EasyPlan)
- E6B Flight Calculator
- Terrain awareness, the display can be set to show ground elevation or Aircraft relative to ground, warning of high ground in a different colour shading.
- Aircraft details and Basic Weight&Balance
- HSI Needle
- RMI Needles and OBI Radials
- Airspace, Obstacle and Terrain Warnings
- A Notepad to write quick notes on the screen
- EasyWeather, a great safety feature (subject to subscription and internet connection in flight) to overlay wind forecasts at different flight levels, and actual radar and satellite images to show thunderstorms (South Africa only)
EasyCockpit can be installed as a free trial app with limited information. In order to obtain the full data, please email AviationDirect at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain pricing and payment details for the full version.
The required data is provided for free with an existing PocketFMS license, or by a yearly subscription obtained as an in-app purchase when this app is first run:
-Europe 69.95 Euro
The subscription provides current AeroData for Europe, USA, Canada & Australia/NZ, published in line with the 28 day AIRAC cycle. It includes current NOTAM & WX for all supported regions and enhanced European WX forecasts from our contracted professionals.
EasyVFR is an aviation Moving Map/EFB which can be used for flight planning, easy GPS navigation and post-flight analysis on Android devices (min. Android 3.x, 1GB RAM / 2GB storage). It is fully integrated with the PocketFMS Flight Management System.
With EasyVFR you can plan your flight, take your phone or tablet with you in the cockpit and follow your route on a moving map, always confident of your position and the airspace and airports around you.
PocketFMS has been providing flight planning and moving map systems since 2003. PocketFMS is a complete Flight Management System for VFR pilots, designed by pilots for pilots, that makes flight planning and navigation easy. Our AeroData is professionally maintained to the highest standards, including AIP updates for Australia/NZ, Canada, Europe & the USA, and is used in leading panel mounted avionics.
Currently the following is implemented:
- Unique 3D View (Synthetic Vision) for Europe, Australia/NZ, Canada (up to 60N) and USA;
- Terrain shading relative to aircraft altitude in both 2D and 3D view;
- Full PocketFMS AeroData support including many non-AIP airports, VFR reporting points, obstacles, navaids, places;
- Efficient flight planning. We have designed the easiest and fastest way to create multi-leg flightplans, starting with a tap & hold on a location on the map;
- Printing of flightplan briefings (NavLog,Weather,NOTAMS & Airspaces) using our unique EasyPrint system;
- Digital ATC flight plan filing for Europe and USA. NAIPS NfW file export;
- Quick and easy Direct To;
- Integrated Weather: PocketFMS' renowned Weather Information System provides graphical METAR/TAF depiction, W/V at different altitudes, and European Advanced WX forecast (cloudbase, SigWX - rain, fog, thunder);
- Graphical NOTAM depiction;
- Beautifully clear & detailed PocketFMS base mapping, or official charts for selected countries;
- Practice as if you are flying, while safely on the ground, by connecting your device to the free PocketFMS Simulator: http://www.pocketfms.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7829
- EFB Documents System with :
* Europe : All European Approach Plates from AIP's, Pooleys and DFS Anflugkarten, many geo-referenced
* Australia : ERSA & DAP Charts
* New Zealand : not supported
* USA : FAA's A/FD Directory.
* Canada : COPA's "Places to Fly";
- Vertical Profile View for airspaces, terrain and obstacles, for both Planning and actual Flying.
- GPX flightplan import & export.
EasyVFR Tutorials: http://www.pocketfms.com/EasyVFR/tut-FirstRun.asp
Learn more about PocketFMS at our web site and the PocketFMS Forum:
•We have a 30-day money back guarantee - if you're not satisfied, please contact us;
•Your payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase;
•Your subscription is automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period;
•Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period;
•Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off via your Subscription Settings in Google Play after purchase.