The Firefighter 1 and 2 examinations test your understanding of fire behavior, building construction, and the various tools necessary for safe and effective firefighting. Pocket Prep's Fire 1 & 2 exam prep app follows IFSTA's Essentials of Fire Fighting and Fire Department Operations, 6th Edition and makes it easy for you to create exams based on your progress through the book.
Pocket Prep’s Firefighter practice test app is a powerful exam simulator that allows you to create customized practice tests with detailed answer explanations for every question. View your results and exam history with just a few taps. Study anywhere at any time without Internet.
The app utilizes the “spacing effect” to enhance your learning capability. You’ll space out your studying into shorter, more productive study sessions which allow your brain to retain more information. Simply tell the app how many questions you want to take, enable the timer, and filter exam content to create the perfect study experience.
Firefighter Exam Prep Features:
- Two practice modes: simulation and study
- Content updates pushed automatically
- Automatic test saving and retrieval
- Detailed history and results reporting
- Question of the Day notifications
- Exam day countdown
- Intuitive navigation
- Study reminders
Firefighter topics and chapters:
We take each exam and break it down into knowledge areas so that you can filter your study sessions based on your needs.
- Chapter 01: Orientation and Fire Service History
- Chapter 02: Firefighter Safety and Health
- Chapter 03: Fire Department Communications
- Chapter 04: Building Construction
- Chapter 05: Fire Behavior
- Chapter 06: Firefighter Personal Protective Equipment
- Chapter 07: Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Chapter 08: Ropes, Webbing, and Knots
- Chapter 09: Structural Search, Victim Removal, and Firefighter Survival
- Chapter 10: Scene Lighting, Rescue Tools, Vehicle Extrication and Technical Rescue
- Chapter 11: Forcible Entry
- Chapter 12: Ground Ladders
- Chapter 13: Tactical Ventilation
- Chapter 14: Water Supply
- Chapter 15: Fire Hose
- Chapter 16: Fire Stream
- Chapter 17: Fire Control
- Chapter 18: Loss Control
- Chapter 19: Fire Origin and Cause
- Chapter 20: Fire Protection Systems
- Chapter 21: Fire and Life Safety Initiatives
- Chapter 22: Emergency Medical Care for Fire Department First Responders
- Chapter 23: Hazards, Behavior, and Identification of Hazardous Materials/WMD
- Chapter 24: Mitigating Hazardous Materials/WMD
Why study with Pocket Prep?
Our team of writers and editors meticulously craft practice questions and detailed answer explanations with you in mind. Your success is our success. We’re dedicated to bringing you the best content that will help you achieve more. Our app is updated with the latest exam standards and is ready for 2018 testing.
Free With Download
- 30 free practice questions
- 30 free bonus questions through social media
- 14 days of free Question of the Day
- 725 total practice questions with Premium upgrade
- Priority email support
- The Premium upgrade is a one-time purchase and not a subscription!
Since 2011, Pocket Prep has been the leader in mobile test prep and has helped over five million students and professionals achieve more. You’re destined for success. Pocket Prep will help you get there.