This app will allow you to edit, delete and create entries on the hosts file in your Android phone with root!
The hosts file is a computer file used by an operating system to map hostnames to IP addresses. The hosts file is one of several system facilities that assists in addressing network nodes in a computer network. It is a common part of an operating system's Internet Protocol (IP) implementation, and serves the function of translating human-friendly hostnames into numeric protocol addresses, called IP addresses, that identify and locate a host in an IP network.
If you dont know what root is check this out : androidcentral.com/root
Some cool features :
* New app design!, it's pleasant to use and beautiful to watch!
* Blazing fast!, this app is fast, almost no wait when loading and saving your host file!
* Search integrated!, no addons, no in-app purchases, the search option it's full featured since the first day!
* Backups!, it allows you make backups, substitute and append new hosts files to your actual hostfile!
* No ads and funky permissions!, We believe that providing clear use of permissions and keeping the privacy of our users its mandatory.
Thanks for downloading!
Hosts Editor is a way to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file. The hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url. It is convenient when wanting to access computers or servers on a network where the internal NAT may not be working.
Because it does edit the hosts file root permission is required.
Hosts manager application helping developers willing to modify their /etc/hosts (/system/etc/hosts) file easily.
This could be very useful if you need to test your app on a specific server via its IP.
Apps having root access are critical and their sources should be available.
This app is 100% free and the source code is available on GitHub!
* Best Hosts Editor app on the Play Store
* Blazing fast
* Holo theme
* Android 2.2 and above
* Free and Open Source!
* Support symlinks
* No ads
* Compatible IPv6
1. Enable/disable mappings
2. Backup & restore previous map-sets
3. Clean, easy & modern UI
Kindly report in-case you encounter any bugs or leave your-feature requests in comment, I'll do 'em for sure as this is my very first public-use application.
Hosts Editor is a way to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file and now backup and restore hosts files. The hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url. It is convenient when wanting to access computers or servers on a network where the internal NAT may not be working.
Because it does edit the hosts file root permission is required.
The Pro version had a few added features, such as editing hosts, better formating when one IP address is mapped to multiple names and a confirmation dialog for deleting entries.
The backup files are stored in XMl format defined as follows:
CyanogenROM Downloader it's an advanced updater that helps CyanogenMod users to stay ever up to date with their favourite Android ROM.
Features and Differences with integrated updater:
*Simple and nice User Interface
*Changelog of current, old and next builds
*Auto-Check and Auto-Download of new builds (at time set by you)
*Social bar for commenting/rating a build (useful to avoid bad builds)
*Flash additional zips in batch with the ROM (kernel, gapps etc..)
*Auto-Delete old builds
*Auto-Delete old backups
*Hide translations in changelog
*Share changes via Twitter and Google Plus
*Auto-Flash of new Build (at time set by you)
*Automatic Backup before Flash
First 5 days of use are Ads Free!
Some features need ROOT!
If you want to translate this app in your language contact me (can take max 15 minutes)
This app is NOT affiliated with CyanogenMod Team.
AndGuard is a Powerful Ad-Blocker and Internet Security App for Root Users Only.
AndGuard prevents your phone from connecting to potentially dangerous hosts (Ads, Spyware, etc.)
AndGuard offers 3 Different Levels of Protection to Suit your Needs.
***If you are having trouble getting AndGuard to work, install and run "Busybox" by Stericson from the Android Market... this free app will ensure that you have the latest version of busybox properly installed on your system.***
Keywords: andguard ad ads admob block blocking blocker root rooted awesome adfree batman soapbox andguard ad ads admob block blocking blocker root rooted adfree awesome batman soapbox andguard ad ads admob block blocking blocker root rooted adfree awesome batman soapbox
It let you do some basic and useful things with your phone.
Most of the options needs root access.
The following is in this app right now:
Reboot to recovery mode
Reboot to download mode
Clean battery status
Clear market cache
Turn ON media scanning
Turn OFF media scanning
Mount system[read and write]
Mount system[read only]
Remove thumbnails (gallery)
LBS Test Mode
Battery and general info
HSDPA/HSUPA Control Menu
View phone lock status
Sofware version info
* mounted and unmounted partitions,
* device-mapper / loop partitions,
* LVM partitions (DiskInfo PRO)
* temporary mount points
For each partition, you can display the following information:
* total size, used and free space
* partition name, partition alias, partition type, partition number
* device name and type
* block size
* mounted file system type, mount paths, mount type (ro/rw)
* logical volume group and attributes (DiskInfo PRO)
* vendor and model for USB devices (DiskInfo PRO)
* manufactured date, CSD, CID, OEM ID, manf. ID, revisions and serial numbers for SD cards (DiskInfo PRO)
All shown in clean, human readable format.
DiskInfo PRO version includes all features from free version plus some extra:
+ home screen widget
+ compact mode for the partition list
+ LVM support
+ more details (vendor, model for USB devices; manf. date, CSD, CID, OEM ID, manf. ID, revisions and serial numbers for SD cards)
By purchasing the PRO version you support further development of the app.
If you don't have LVM installed, then root access is NOT required.
ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission is needed only for LVM support - you will not be prompted for it if your device does not have LVM installed.
* If you like the app, please rate it.
! ROOT is Required !
! Kernel that supports HAVS or SVS voltage adjustment REQUIRED !
Please report any bugs before rating in the market. I am very aggressive with bug fixes. In your bug report please include the name of the KERNEL you are currently using.
This app allows you to control your CPU voltages with an easy to use interface. You can increase or decrease voltages (undervolt or overvolt) for all frequencies or fine tune voltages for each individual frequency.
If you prefer not to purchase this application from the market, but would still like to contribute, you may donate on the website (http://www.incredikernel.com). Please register and include your your username in the donation comments and I will give you access to a download page that contains the ad free version to download. There is no miniumum donation amount, you can donate as much or as little as you want and you will have access to the ad free version.
Want to limit who has root access on your phone/tablet?
Want to make it look as though your phone is not rooted?
Then Hide my Root is the app for you!
Hide my Root lets you temporarily hide the superuser binary and app so that no applications or users can get root access. You can even set a password so that only you can restore root access.
On some roms (usually rooted stock roms), Hide my Root will allow you to use Google Videos and similar apps on a rooted phone. On custom roms such as CyanogenMod, it will not allow you to use Google Videos and similar apps on a rooted phone.
How to use:
*(Optional) Set a password. You will be asked for this when you try to turn the password off or restore the superuser binary. The password will be stored safely so that even if the apps data is cleared, it will still be there.
*Hide the su binary. This will hide the superuser binary, so all requests for root access will fail until you restore it again.
*Uninstall the su app. This will uninstall the Superuser app. If you choose this option, you will have to regrant root access to all your apps after you restore it.
*Reinstall the su app. This will take you to Google Play to reinstall the Superuser app. This needs to be in place so that Hide my Root can get permission to restore the su binary properly.
*Restore the su binary. This puts the su binary back so that apps can get root access again. If you set a password, you will be asked for it when you try and do this.
The app needs root permission itself so that it can hide and restore the su binary and app, and can safely store your password.
Any problems, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the free version is downloaded by thousands of users everyday and many of them wanted for the Ad-Free versions, hence, we released this app.
** WE PROVIDE LIVE SUPPORT FOR ROOTING ANDROID DEVICES. IF YOUR DEVICE IS NOT LISTED, PLEASE EMAIL US AT "APPZINVENTORS@GMAIL.COM" AND WE WILL TRY TO HELP YOU IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY ASAP. PLEASE DO NOT PUT BAD RATING WITHOUT SEEKING OUR HELP. **
Get to know all about Android rooting at one place. Clear all your doubts regarding rooting. Now, root nearly all Android devices available, including Chinese devices too.
Play with custom ROMs for your devices, Save your device from draining battery and of-course, very useful engineering mode etc. Check out video links and IMEI guide, you always wanted for!
* All About Rooting
* Root your Android device using Software
* Root your Android device using Application
* Backup Guide
* Custom ROM
* Engineering Codes
* How to save Battery
* Recovery Guide
* Root your Chinese device
* Video Guide
* IMEI Guide
In case you have any problem in rooting your mobile phone, you can mail to email@example.com and we will reply you with the answer. Do let us know and we will help you out in all possible ways!
We are in the process of adding more features. Enjoy the app and do not forget to leave your useful reviews...
The only difference between File Expert and File Expert HD is that the former is designed for phone, and the latter is optimized for tablet.
Our design principles and answers to those requirements:
* Help users to locate their target files quickly & easily
File Expert organize files into different pre-defined categories. Those categories are put in the first tab of the app. Users even could create their own tags to mark files for quick access. We also have a powerful file search engine built into the app. We believe that in most cases users should find their targets less than a minute!
* Transfer files to others devices via all kinds of connections
You can send files using Bluetooth, WiFi (include WiFi-Direct), NFC; You can use File Expert to access FTP, SFTP and FTPS servers; You can also turn your device into Web or FTP servers to accept files; You can send files to your favorite clouds; You can send files by using our own service GCloud
* A clean, easy-to-learn UI interface, even a newbie user could start to use it in just one minute without having read any docs
File Expert has a creative tab based interface. All competitive apps don't have this technique. A Tab based interface will allow users to switch work folders quickly and extremely easy to learn - just imagine how a web browser works and you will know the benefits in using tabs
* Access to your Gallery, Video, Music, E-Books, Documents, Apps, Plug-in, APK files, Zip Files, Favorites
* Access to your Phone SD card, External SD card and Phone Internal Storage on your start page
* Powerful File Manager- supports all basic file operations like Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete, Create, Sort, Rename, Send, Details, Favorites, Hide, Create Shortcut. Batch operation and more
* Multi-Tab File Manager, the one and the only one support tabs
* GCloud - Free cloud service with powerful features
* Tagging- Mark your files with user-defined tags
* Recyle Bin
* Ultra fast & resumable file downloader
* Web PC Suite- Access your device from your PC browser
* Share My Contents, Network Clients, One Touch Clean
* Switchable full Holo based themes include Light, Black & Mixed styles
* Search SD card, perform operations on search results
* Web PC Suite- Featured HTTP Sharing in old versions. When open service, turn your mobile phone into a HTTP Server and visit it wirelessly on PC or tablet in a Windows style interface. Double click on APK file to install it to your phone
* FTP Sharing - When open service, turn your mobile phone into a FTP Server. Share & manage your files on other FTP Clients
* Wi-Fi Send- Directly send files via Wi-Fi between File Expert powered phones.
* DLNA Sharing - Turn your smart phone to a full-featured DLNA media server! Access your media files on your Windows Media Player became so easy!
* Access your host computer from phone-Samba Client, FTP Client, SFTP Client, FTP Client, Bluetooth Client
* Root access to system folders and files like Root Explorer. Remount /system to read write. Requires rooted phone. Please note it’s a paid feature.
* Cloud Storage - Use one app to access various cloud services! Support Google Drive, Dropbox, Box.net, SkyDrive, SugarSync, Ubuntu One and more!
* Bluetooth - Full-featured Bluetooth capabilities include OBEX FTP, OPP
* App Manager - Uninstall/Backup apps. Backup your app & its data to GCloud
* Archive manager - Create and decompress ZIP archive, Decompress RAR. You can view your ZIP/RAR/GZIP/TAR/TGZ/BZ file just like accessing a folder and directly decompress unique files and folders
* Thumbnails - view thumbnails
* Image Viewer - supports both local and remote folder
* Powerful Text Editor
* Help your player to play media that store on SMB share (your player needs to support HTTP streaming).
More from developer
On your browser press Menu -> More -> Share page -> Share With x90.es
It will create the short URL using x90.es, and fetch the page title. Once done, you'll be displayed the "Share" options again, where you can send the short URL with page title message to any other application.
Dependencies (you must have them installed prior to install this app):
1. ROOT. Yes, this app needs a rooted device.
2. BusyBox - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox
3. Android Terminal Emulator - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm
4. Radare2 for Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.radare.installer
Ever wanted to look at the smali code of a suspicious apk, solve a crackme, or disassemble something directly on your phone or tablet? Wait no more! Radare2 for Android is the reverser's swiss army knife at the palm of your hand!
Radare2 for Android is available on arm, mips and x86 architectures. You can choose to install the latest stable version or the nightly build from the development branch.
On rooted phones you can also automatically symlink radare binaries to xbin so it will be available in the default system PATH.
Check menu->settings for other options like automatic updates and external storage install.
Radare2 for Android comes in two flavors: radare2 web & radare2 console
[✔] Radare2 web uses a local webserver on your phone and launches a webview to help you work with your binary file from your phone's browser, you can also enable 'public http server' in the settings menu to analyze the file on your phone from your desktop computer via wifi. Click on the radare2 logo to access the help & example commands.
[✔] Radare2 console launches radare2 in Android Terminal Emulator, ready to analyze the file using the radare2 prompt. Type '?' for a quick list of available commands. Please note that if you want to use Radare2 console, Android Terminal Emulator must be installed on your phone *before* installing Radare2 for Android. We also recommend installing Hackers Keyboard to have the best command line experience.
Happy reversing! :D
 Android Terminal Emulator:
 Hackers Keyboard:
Can be useful to enable packages which have been disabled by Google region check, for example Google Ears in countries where this application is not available.
Packages are disabled by the android system on every boot, but PackageEnabler will re-enable them automatically.
Technically it changes ro.secure=0 and ro.debuggable=1, and patches adb to continue to run as root and restarts it.
Changes are lost on reboot, if you want to make them permanent you can do it through the settings menu.
This app will set an static ARP entry on the gateway's MAC address every time you connect to a WIFI network, this is useful to protect your Android device against arp poisoning techniques used in MiTM (man in the middle) attacks.
This application is Open Source, if you want to get it for free just get the source and compile it yourself:
NOTE: This application needs root access, do not purchase if your android device is not rooted.