GPS traces can then be exported in GPX format for later use with OpenStreetMap tools like JOSM, or uploaded directly to OpenStreetMap.
Tracks can be displayed over an OpenStreetMap background or with no background if you don't have a data plan.
Project page: http://osmtracker-android.googlecode.com/
Please visit the project page to report an issue or get more information.
Help translate OSMTracker: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/osmtracker-android/
Source code: https://github.com/nguillaumin/osmtracker-android
• Fine location: Access the GPS
• Record audio: Record an audio tag
• Internet & network state: Display map background and upload to OpenStreetMap
• WiFi state: Get coarse location
• Write to SD card: GPX export
❧❧❧❧❧ Dashboard ❧❧❧❧❧
Shows navigation values such as: Accuracy, Altitude, Speed, Battery, Bearing, Climb, Course, Date, Declination, Distance, ETA, Latitude, Longitude, Max Speed, Min Speed, Actual Speed, True Speed, Sunrise, Sunset, Moonset, Moonrise, Moon Phase, Target, Time, TTG, Turn.
❧❧❧❧❧ Compass ❧❧❧❧❧
Show the orientation of the earth's magnetic field, shows an arbitrary tracking angle and the current target. Also a marine orienteering compass.
❧❧❧❧❧ Tracks ❧❧❧❧❧
Record tracks and view them on map. Export KML files and import into Google Maps, Google Earth and others.
❧❧❧❧❧ Routes ❧❧❧❧❧
Manage routes and view them on map. Import KML files from Google Maps, Google Earth and others. Create turn-by-turn instructions between waypoints.
❧❧❧❧❧ Camera ❧❧❧❧❧
A camera HUD (heads-up display) view to show your waypoints, take pictures and share them.
❧❧❧❧❧ Map ❧❧❧❧❧
A map to show your waypoints. Convert mail addresses of your contacts to waypoint so that they can be used within the app.
Supports Google Maps, MapQuest, OpenStreetMap and others.
Supports Google Maps v2: Indoor Maps, Traffic, Buildings, Satellite and Terrain layers and map rotation.
❧❧❧❧❧ Waypoints ❧❧❧❧❧
A list of all your waypoints with export and import (KML, KMZ, GPX and LOC format).
❧❧❧❧❧ Satellites ❧❧❧❧❧
A sky view of the current positions that shows satellites in view.
❧❧❧❧❧ Features ❧❧❧❧❧
Supported position formats: UTM, MGRS, OSGB, Degree-Minute-Second, Degree-Minute-Fractions, Decimal, Mils. Supports over 230 datums.
Waypoints, routes and tracks can be exported as KML or GPX files and sent by email or uploaded to Google Docs or DropBox.
Please open the web page below for more info, send me emails for support. I CANNOT HELP IF YOU SIMPLY PLACE A COMMENT HERE.
Purchase the "GPS Essentials Donation Plugin" on Android Market if you want to support development.
The latest beta release is available at http://www.gpsessentials.com for download. Try out the latest features and help us improve GPS Essentials!
If you are on Facebook, come and join GPS Essentials for the latest info: http://www.gpsessentials.com
THIS APP WILL SHOW ADVERTISING. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM INSTALLING/UPDATING.
GPS Essentials is not affiliated with any political party nor with any other organization mentioned in the ads, and it has no connection with any economic interests. If you don't like the ads, please contact AdMob.
WHAT ARE THE PERMISSIONS GOOD FOR?
✓ Coarse/Fine location: To access network locations and GPS
✓ Full internet access: To read map tiles, send bug reports
✓ Modify/delete USB storage contents: To write waypoints, tracks and images onto the SD card
✓ Read phone state and identity: To tag pictures with the device ID (can be switched off in settings)
✓ Take pictures and videos: Camera HUD, take pictures
✓ Your accounts: Required to run Google Maps v2
Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later using the Radar.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
Visit the FAQ at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the promo video :)
- show/store/edit/export multiple waypoints and use them on the Radar for navigation.
- pressure, rotation, temperature, humidity values (if supported by the device)
- removed ads
- Location: We need this to display your location and allows the program to re-download AGPS data or reset the GPS.
- External storage: required by the PRO version to be able to export the stored waypoints to an external file.
- Internet: Used by the advertisement component. The PRO version does not use the internet connection at all.
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them):
- Galaxy S4 on Verizon: Because of a firmware bug, the notification item in GPS Status can't be removed. You need to disable the notification feature in Settings if this annoys you.
- Droid 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: On some phones, turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver, too. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude.
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the satellite SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out).
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug, they may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status even if it is not running at all (other programs using sensors are affected too). This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let's hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this on your phone.
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
-- MobiWIA - a cooperation with Andrs Studio --
Sygic: GPS Navigation & Maps is The World’s Most Installed Offline turn-by-turn GPS navigation App for Android powered by TomTom Maps. Navigation and Maps are installed on the SD card so there is no need for an Internet connection when navigating. Map and app updates are FREE every 3 months.
You can enjoy free navigation, gps, offline TomTom maps, POIs, route planning & free map updates.
To get the most of the navigation, upgrade to premium and enjoy high-end lifetime features: 3D maps, real-time turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation, lane guidance, speed limit warnings & junction view with lane indicator arrows at complex intersections.
How to install Sygic: GPS Navigation & Maps for Android: http://bit.ly/1Im8J4a
• Intuitive voice navigation in different languages
• High quality TomTom maps stored on the device
• Cross-border routing & navigation without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map
• Works with GPS only, internet is not needed
• Millions of free pre-installed POIs
• Free map updates & Free POI database updates
• Free updates of Fixed speed cameras
• Head-up Display (HUD) available as in app purchase
• 3D Cities & Landscape for easy orientation
• Pedestrian navigation to walk and explore
• Dynamic Lane Guidance for safe lane changes
• Junction View to highlights highway exists
• Warnings for exceeded Speed Limit
• Warnings for fixed speedcams
• Police trap warnings from other drivers
• Spoken Street Names to focus on the road
• Three Alternative Routes to choose from
• Easy Drag & Drop route editing
• Waypoints for places you want to visit
• Avoid Toll Roads on your route
• Graphics optimized for tablet & HD displays
• Car Audio Integration – Bluetooth or cable
ADD-ON FEATURES (in-app purchase)
• Traffic service to avoid delays in your daily commute
• Get navigation instructions from Homer Simpson & other original celebrity voices
• Premium online speed cameras with 300 000 mobile speedcam locations each month
• Head Up Display (HUD) projects GPS navigation onto your windshield
MAPS AVAILABLE FOR FREE:
Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belgium, Benin, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Canada, Canary Islands, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of Congo, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy,Israel, India, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Congo, Reunion, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vatican, Vietnam, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe, India, Saint Barthelemy, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Saint Martin, Martinique, Iceland, Lebanon, Jordan, Burundi, Rwanda
Transit roads only: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova
MAPS AVAILABLE ONLY WITH PREMIUM:
Sygic | Bringing life to map
Welcome to the totally redesigned Poynt for Android. The new version of the app features a tiled, high-res User Interface to help you find what you need faster!
We’ve taken Poynt to the next level with a new set of engaging features and enhancements, including:
Reworked interface design with tiled dashboard taking advantage of screen real estate
New drawer-style navigation allows users to show/hide menu options
Enhanced battery life, memory management and network bandwidth use
Optimized for Android 4.4 (KitKat) devices
Increased settings options for enhanced customization
Supports high-resolution displays
Poynt for Android allows you to interact with your search results through placing calls to businesses, mapping directions, viewing show times and movie trailers or reserving a table at a local restaurant.
Business – Ever wonder, “where’s the nearest…?” Finding what you need has never been easier with Poynt’s Business Search Feature – your mobile version of the yellow pages.
Movies – Poynt’s Movie Search Feature is your personal movie guide – it’s one part Hollywood insider and one part box office!
Restaurants – Think of the Restaurant Search Feature as your own personal culinary assistant; get great tables at the best eateries in town.
Gas – With the Gas Search Feature, know where to find the cheapest fuel in town – and never run out of gas again (US and Canada only)!
Events – Being an insider has its advantages – with Poynt’s Events Search Feature, get the most up-to-date details on the hottest events in town (North America, UK and India only).
People – With reverse lookup and full integration with your device contact book, the People Search Feature makes it easier to connect with the people all around you (US, Canada and France only).
Weather – Get short and long-term forecasts, never get caught in the rain without an umbrella again!
Poynt asks for permission to access your calendar, contacts and location in order to deliver an integrated experience:
Accounts & Contacts – You can add listing results directly to one your contact lists or perform a reverse look up from your contacts in the People section.
Location – Accessing your location allows you to quickly search for nearby businesses using your GPS or cell-site location.
Please note: at no time do we access or share your personal information.
Android's leading compass app, featuring location information, geo-tagged notes and a powerful search options.
- Compass with many options
- Save your favorite Points Of Interest (POIs): home, work, or for example your car location.
- Navigate to previously saved POIs by spoken voice.
- Search in many online databases for addresses, photos, Wikipedia, tracks, and geocaches.
You can upgrade to the Tracky app which features this compass as well as maps, track recording, trip computer and many more features!
If you're looking for an excellent gps tracker, if you're a fan of action sports and long distance travel - this app is for you!
Record tracks of your trips and share them with your friends!
Geotracker can help:
- making the reverse journey in an unfamiliar area without getting lost
- tell your friends how to repeat your route
- use someone else's route that is stored in GPX or KML
- mark important or interesting points of your trip.
The application is able to record, even when switched off. Very long tracks could be recorded without problems - you are limited by storage memory only. Recorded tracks are saved in GPX or KML format, so they can be used in certain applications such as Ozi Explorer or Google Earth.
When showing track on the map, the application keeps device backlight, which simplifies track navigation usage.
GeoTracker is based on public API of Yandex.Maps, so in trips over Russia and CIS countries you'll have the most detailed map of the area.
Application can calculate track statistics - boldly show off your achievements to your friends :)
- Max & average speed on the track;
- Time and average speed moving;
- Max & min altitude, altitude difference;
- Vertical distance, ascent & speed;
- Min, max & average slope;
There are also some fine charts of speed & elevation;
***If you have a proposal how to enchance the application or faced some problem - please feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!***
• Smooth, blazingly fast maps. Vector-based, fully scalable and ultra fast.
• Online and offline maps. Enjoy maps with or without internet connection.
• Search with character. A few characters – in any order – and we’ll find your destination.
• Local Search. It’s all about finding accurate and up-to-date destinations.
• Wikipedia on the map. The free encyclopedia.
• Weather on the map. Weather has never been more accessible.
• Doesn’t the world look a whole lot better in 3D? Stunning 3D buildings and photorealistic landmarks make navigation so much better.
• Automotive quality navigation. We deeply care about correct routes, lane information, speed limits and road signs.
• So why would your map always have to look the same? Our map is always just right – bright and clear during the day and incredibly stylish at night.
• Nietzsche was right. All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.
• There are a 1,000 different ways to get to Rome. We offer you the best alternatives. You choose.
• You can rely on our speed alarms. We automatically warn you when you are speeding.
• Wouldn’t it be nice to know exactly which lane to use? Now you can.
• Road signs in your navigation. Everything that is relevant to you.
• Crystal clear instructions. ‘After 300 yards, turn right onto the A3 towards Basingstoke.’
• Multi-stop routes. Because sometimes going from A to B goes through C.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Navigation in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• The future is here. Follow Me puts a virtual car on your camera image, which you just have to follow.
• Because not everyone is the same. Choose your own Follow Me car.
• Super easy to set-up. ROUTE 66 Navigate automatically detects where to put the virtual Follow Me car.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Follow Me in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• Speed cameras. Save big on speeding tickets.
• App in the foreground? In the background? We’ll warn you anyway.
• 95% coverage. We’re working on the other 5.
• Timing is everything. Safety and savings, the result.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Speed cameras in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• HD Traffic. Reliable and super accurate traffic that simply works.
• Save up to 18.5% of your time. Proven.
• We do the math. You decide what you want to do.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out HD Traffic in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
PANORAMIC CAR KIT
• The Panoramic Car Kit was made for ROUTE 66 Navigate. And vice versa.
• Free shipping. Anywhere in the world.
• Available on store.66.com
For more information, please visit www.66.com.
* Specify time intervals
* Specify distance intervals
* Cell phone tower or GPS satellites
* Log to GPX, KML, CSV or NMEA files
* Shows a notification
* Imperial display units
* Auto start on boot
* Auto send to email/FTP/DropBox/Google Docs/OpenStreetMap/OpenGTS at intervals
* OpenStreetMap - upload GPS traces
* Dropbox - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* Google Docs - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* OpenGTS - auto send or upload points
Bugs, feature requests, questions - please submit them to github.com/mendhak/gpslogger (issue tracker).
Translations - submit to http://crowdin.net/project/gpslogger-for-android/invite
GPSLogger is not a MyTracks replacement. MyTracks is meant for short use (as it has a lot of features running), GPSLogger is meant to last a long time.
A data connection is used by this app only if you use auto-email or OpenStreetMap or Dropbox features.
Although the app allows 0 second frequencies, it is not recommended as the recording and logging is happening very fast; this could cause instability/hangs. Try 1-3 seconds instead.
If there's a feature that you feel the app should have, you can submit a feature request on the github site.
***Explanation of permissions:
Storage - reading and writing files to the GPSLogger folder on your SD card
Network communication - used when uploading the files (Dropbox, Openstreetmap) or sending emails or authorizing you with Dropbox, Openstreetmap
Your location - used to determine your GPS or tower based location
System tools (automatically start at boot) - used if you choose to start GPSLogger on bootup
Your accounts - used when authorizing against Google Docs and when uploading to Google Docs
Activity recognition - to recognize when phone is still and to pause logging
Most icons kindly provided by icons8.com
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
+++ Latest version 5.4.1 now available +++
- The application requires additional data (maps, voices etc.) via WLAN after installation
With NAVIGON you can transform your Android smartphone into a fully functional mobile navigation system with on-board maps, which entails no data transfer or roaming charges for map display, route calculation, etc.
*** Features and range of functions ***
+ Extended display of traffic signs: Warning of sharp turns, overtaking bans, accident risk, and more
+ Lane Assistant (static display) and Active Lane Assistant (dynamic display)
+ Bluetooth support (HFP or A2DP)
+ NAVIGON Latest Map Guarantee (new customers receive the most up-to-date map when purchasing the app)
+ HERE and Foursquare Local Search*
+ Fuel Live - Provides current fuel prices for Germany*
+ Glympse - Send your position information to selected users*
+ Safety Camera warning (for permanently installed cameras)
+ Reality View Pro – photorealistic display auf motorway junctions, exits, bifurcations…
+ Speed Assistant – display of current speed limit and adjustable warning on exceedance
+ NAVIGON Reality Scanner – augmented reality POI search
+ NAVIGON MyRoutes – Calculates up to 3 routes at a time
+ Text-to-Speech with precise spoken announcements
+ Different English and German accents
+ Enhanced Pedestrian Navigation
+ Destination entry by coordinates
+ 2D and 3D map displays (birdview)
+ HERE (former Navteq) map material for 44 countries of Europe
*this function requires a data connection
Enhance your system with these useful in-app packages :
+ Urban Guidance – navigate in many European urban areas using public transport**
+ Panorama View 3D – shows you the landscape not as a flat image, but with mountains and valleys
+ NAVIGON FreshMaps XL – Receive regular map updates***
+ NAVIGON cockpit – Animated graphics show all available driving data your phone can provide
+ TrafficLive – Real-time traffic information let you avoid traffic jams*
+ POI all-in-one – Add 100 thousands of extra POIs to your onboard database
+ Mobile Alert Live – this service informs you in your country about mobile danger zones and lets you report such
+ Mobile Alert Live Premium - As Mobile Alert Live, but working Europe wide, providing information level of reliability, time since last report and the number of reporters travelling in your direction
+ NAVIGON LPG and Bio-Diesel filling stations – an onboard database with lots of LPG/Bio-Diesel service stations
+ Smartwatch Connect - enables pedestrian navigation on the SONY SmartWatch 2 or the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2.
Requires additional installation of the free extension NAVIGON Smartwatch Connect, available here in Google Play,
Resp. NAVIGON Smartwatch Connect Gear on the Gear Manager Store
*this function requires a data connection
**The service is currently available in more than 65 European metropolitan areas. Urban Guidance is a Live service and therefore requires a data connection
***The service is covenanted for at least 24 month
- The app requires min. android OS 2.3.3
- NAVIGON is an on-board solution. This means that all map material, voices and system files are saved on your phone. Therefore no charges or waiting time for data transfer are incurred (except mentioned differently for specific functions)
- The Europe version can require up to 3.4GB of free memory (depending on the number of countries you select). Please ensure you have sufficient available mass-storage space available. The map material must be downloaded after installing the app via WiFi (WLAN). Please ensure a reliable and safe connection is available.
- On first startup a short data connection (ca. 25kB) is mandatory to register your product
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
Ideal for international traveling to avoid roaming charges.
- multiple maps source
- GPS location
- recursive map caching
Please email any bug reports and feature requests.
keywords: mapsminus mapsplus maps offline plus outdoor
FREE Updates for both app and maps.
FREE Navigation license for OpenStreetMap.
BE-ON-ROAD is a free offline turn-by-turn gps navigation for Android based on OpenStreetMaps. Maps are updated multiple times per year and can be stored on your device, or SD card. That means, that you can navigate anywhere with the most recent maps even without the internet connection!
~ offline gps navigation
~ offline maps
~ free map updates
~ multi-language voice navigation (33 languages supported)
~ GPS / Glonass ready
~ speed limit warnings
~ fixed speed camera warnings (available in selected countries only)
~ 3D buildings
~ lane guidance
~ large POI database
~ pedestrian, car, or even bee-line navigation
~ night mode based on local sunset time
~ track recording
EUROPE - Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle Of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
NORTH AMERICA - Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Bermuda, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana , Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
SOUTH AMERICA - Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Maarten, Suriname, Thailand and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela, Virgin Islands
ASIA - Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei, Cambodia, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
OCEANIA - American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
AFRICA - Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Cote d'lvoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic Of Tanzania, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe
With the MapQuest app, you can:
• Get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation for walking or driving directions.
• Have peace of mind knowing we’re using the latest traffic data. Live traffic updates and automatic re-routing will help you get there on time.
• Choose from up to three different driving routes (when available) to get you to your destination most efficiently. We’ll take traffic, road closures, and more into account so you can choose the most optimal route.
• Impress your boss, family, and friends with an on-time arrival with our ETA (estimated time of arrival) and location sharing features.
• Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button.
• Quickly search for nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like coffee, restaurants, gas, and more with our industry-first layers bar!
• Advanced search uses your contacts, recent searches, top categories, and nearby points of interest to help you find your destination faster.
• Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices.
• Find a place to rest your head. Explore the area and book a nearby hotel directly from the app!
• Show your team spirit with MLB.com Team Kits, available for purchase in-app, custom logos, start screen, accent colors and saved routes to the game ensure your navigation app is as die-hard as you are!
Join the millions of people that have already downloaded the free MapQuest app as their own personal navigator.
If you wish to get help or provide feedback please email email@example.com, we cannot support you on Google Play.
MapFactor also makes the popular NavigatorFREE for PC, Pocket PC and WinCE.
OpenStreetMap is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. For more information see www.openstreetmap.org
* intuitive voice navigation in different languages
* door to door route planning
* cross-border routing without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map
* overview of the upcoming manoeuvre and distance shown on the screen
GPS satellite navigation
* 2D/3D mode allows realistic visual map display
* day/night modes switch colour schemes for day or night time driving
* map rotates in driving direction, or north up
* find nearest points of interest
* full GB postcodes (1.8 million)
* hear audible warnings as you approach speed cameras
* add your own favourite locations and routes
* routing modes for car, pedestrian, truck
* route avoidance - block off certain road from your route
------------ OpenStreetMap data ------------
Bosnia And Herzegovina
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom Postcode - Ordnance Survey
Antigua And Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Saint Kitts And Nevis
Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
St Pierre And Miquelon
Turks And Caicos Islands
Trinidad And Tobago
United States of America
Wallis And Futuna
Democratic Republic Of Timor Leste
Union Of Myanmar
United Arab Emirates
Federated States Of Micronesia
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic Of The Congo
Sao Tome And Principe
United Republic Of Tanzania
You can enjoy unlimited navigation features with no hidden costs.
offline gps navigation
free map updates
multi-language voice navigation (33 languages supported)
GPS / Glonass ready
speed limit warnings
fixed speed camera warnings (available in selected countries only)
large POI database
pedestrian, car, or even bee-line navigation
night mode based on local sunset time
Compass PRO is the compass in your pocket, when you need it, where you need it.
Compass PRO has the following functions:
- Shows direction of north, south, east and west
- Shows degrees in “side window”
- Rotating bezel
HOW TO USE COMPASS PRO?
First we’ll need to cover a little bit of compass jargon first. The part of Compass PRO that moves and always points north is called the card (with N,S,E, and W indicated, and a beveled edge with a series of numbers on it). There is a movable ring around the edge of the compass, called the bezel. A red double line across the top of the compass is called the lubber line, and finally, there is a little window above the compass which is often named as side-window (as it is on the side of a real compass).
Side-window navigation couldn’t be simpler. You point the lubber line on top of your compass at where you want to go. Now as long as you hold your compass flat in front of you with the lubber line pointing in the direction you’re going, you should always see the same number in your window as long as you’re going the right way. If you see a different number, turn until you see the same number.
The downside of the side window method is that you need to remember your number.
Navigating with bezel works essentially the same as using the side window, but your bezel remembers your number for you. All you do is, point the lubber line on top of your compass at where you want to go, and then wait until the card settles down and stops moving. Then turn your bezel until the double triangle on the edge of the bezel (the notch right by the number zero on the bezel) is bracketing the north arrow on the card. Now as long as you hold your compass flat in front of you with the lubber line pointing in the direction you’re going, you should always see the north arrow inside the notch, as long as you’re going the right way. If not, turn until you see the north arrow inside the notch.
Notice that if you’ve adjusted the bezel correctly, the number in the side window is also the number directly across from you at the front end of the lubber line. In other words, if you turned the bezel counterclockwise until the notch bracketed the north arrow, the 120 on the bezel would be at the far end of the lubber line. Notice that on the card, the number showing in the side window is 120. If you were holding this compass and going in the direction of the lubber line, you’d be on a heading of 120.
Now you should have learned how to go to desired direction. But how do you get back? Easy! If you’re thinking in terms of the bezel, simply turn until the north arrow faces not to the notch, but to the single triangle that’s exactly across from the notch. Now you’re pointed back where you came.
The really tricky part of using your compass isn’t learning what the numbers mean and how to adjust the bezel. The most common mistakes are not holding your compass flat, and not actually going in the direction your lubber line is pointing.
Large iron and steel objects can influence the magnetic sensor in your Android device, causing it to point in the wrong direction. This is called deviation. If you suspect this is happening, simply move away from the object several feet and the problem should correct itself.
- Simple to use, use it like a real compass
- Professional design
- Large numbers and large rotating bezel
- Audio Effects on rotating bezel
- Incredibly smooth movements
- Professional and optimized coding to keep application size as small as possible
- It’s FREE
Heart Rate Monitor app measures your heart rate by analyzing blood flow on the tip of your finger. Heart Rate Monitor is a cardiograph for your Android device. Results are instant. Check your heart rate in real time.
HOW TO USE?
Lightly place the tip of your left hand index finger on the camera lens so it completely covers the lens and press START.
Hold until the measurement is complete. Hold your phone steady.
If your camera does not have flash, measure your heart rate in well-lit environment. If you are not getting any readings readjust the position of your finger. If your device does not have back facing camera but has front facing camera such as Nexus 7 use the front facing camera.
Heart Rate Monitor app is extremely accurate and it does not need any external hardware to be used. Whole process is done quickly, precisely, simply. Get your heart rate instantly, process is quick and easy. A must have app for every smartphone, try it now!
Microphones in Android devices are made to record human voice, therefore the maximum noise is limited and very loud sounds cannot be recognized (in most cases above 100dB). Sound Meter PRO is calibrated to be accurate in +-2.5 dB range of actual noise level and is probably by far the most accurate sound meter on Google play. We have adjusted Sound Meter PRO with the use of professional sound meter used by sound engineers and made required adjustments for many Android devices, including the most popular devices on the market today.
Levels of Noise In decibels (dB) according to American Academy of Audiology (www.audiology.org):
140 dB - Gun shots, fireworks
130 dB - Jackhammers, Ambulance
120 dB - Jet planes taking off
110 dB - Concerts, Car horns
100 dB - Snowmobiles
90 dB - Power tools
80 dB - Alarm clocks
70 dB - Traffic, vacuums
60 dB - Normal conversation
50 dB - Moderate rainfall
40 dB - Quiet library
30 dB - Whisper
20 dB - Leaves rusting
10 dB – Breathing
Why would you use Sound Meter PRO? Measure the noise your neighbors make, check new computers, refrigerators, air conditioning units before your buy them for noise levels and select the more quiet ones, to have less noise pollution in your home. Measure how loud your car, motorcycle is. Adjust the sound system for the party you are making to safe levels not to damage peoples hearing. Measure the noise in the apartment, house you are about to buy, it might be too noisy to live in and demand for extra noise insulation. Measure your love ones snoring levels and show them the graph after. Possibilities are endless, Sound Meter PRO is a must have app for every Android device.
QR & Barcode Reader is extremely fast and easy to use tool, simply select desired action from convenient menu and follow the onscreen instructions. To scan QR code or Barcode using camera on your device, simply point your camera to code you wish to scan and app will automatically detect and scan it. No need to press any buttons or take photos. You can even set QR & Barcode Reader to auto start camera scan when opening the app (in Settings) for faster use.
QR & Barcode Reader can scan read and decode text, url, ISBN, product, contact, calendar, email, location, Wi-Fi and many other formats of QR or Barcodes. After scan and automatic decoding user is provided with only the relevant options for individual QR or Barcode type and can take appropriate action. Unlike others we know what information is relevant to user and what possible actions can follow scan of different type of QR or Barcode.
You can even create your own QR codes with QR & Barcode Reader app! QR & Barcode Reader also offers a full array of sharing options to share content with your friends and others by using direct contact methods or well-known social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus…).
QR & Barcode Reader app can:
- SCAN QR code with any of Androids cameras (including front facing camera). App will automatically detect and scan QR or Barcode you are pointing your camera at.
- SCAN Barcode using camera
- SCAN QR code from saved QR image
- SCAN Barcode from saved Barcode image
- SCAN QR image from QR image url
- SCAN Barcode from Barcode image url
- SUPPORTS ALL DIFFERENT FORMATS OF QR AND BARCODES
- CREATE QR codes: web link QR (url QR), plain text QR, contact QR (with option to create from existing contacts), email QR, SMS QR, location QR (with option to create location QR with current location or from location on the map), phone number QR, calendar event QR, Wi-Fi QR
- MY CONTACT QR: easily share your contact through QR code (can be scanned from any other device with QR reader installed for fast and easy contact sharing)
- HISTORY: see previous scans recorded
- KEY-IN option: enter Barcodes where Barcode is defected and/or could not be scanned with camera scan
- SETTINGS: set app behavior with option to auto start camera scan when opening the app
- RATE: convenient link to rate us on Google Play
- SHARE : share content or this app with others
- and much much more, all available for FREE!
A spirit level or bubble level is an instrument designed to indicate whether a surface is horizontal (level) or vertical (plumb).
Vials on modern level meter have a slightly curved glass tube which is incompletely filled with a liquid, usually a colored spirit or alcohol, leaving a bubble in the tube. At slight inclinations the bubble travels away from the center position, which is usually marked. Bubble Level app tries to mimic the real level meter and displays the data as real level meter would.
An extension of the spirit level is the bull's eye level: a circular, flat-bottomed device with the liquid under a slightly convex glass face with a circle at the center. It serves to level a surface across a plane, while the tubular level only does so in the direction of the tube. Where a spirit level must be usable upside-down, the banana-shaped tube is replaced by a barrel-shaped tube. Bubble Level app tries to mimic the real bull's eye level and displays the data as real bull's eye level would.
Where any why use Bubble Level?
A bubble level is a device used in construction, carpentry and photography that determines if objects on which you're working are level. Used properly, a bubble level can help you create flawlessly level pieces of furniture, staircases and homes. A bubble level is also helpful when setting up a tripod for photographs or when hanging paintings or other items on the wall.
If the data shown is not correct you will need to calibrate your device as follows:
1. Open "Setting" App
2. Find "Motions and gestures" and tap on it
3. Tap on "Gyroscope calibration"
4. Place device on a level surface and tap Calibrate
Bubble Level app is the best tool for all your leveling needs, best and most advanced level meter on Google play.
shows reference to earthquake vibrations as classified by Mercalli intensity scale.
Vibrations are shown in all directions: X, Y, Z in different colors.
Place your device on stable surface and measure vibrations.
Mercalli intensity scale
I. Instrumental - Not felt. Recorded by seismographs.
II. Weak - Rarely felt, usually only on top floors of high buildings.
III. Slight - Felt indoors, like a passing light truck.
IV. Moderate - Windows, dishes, doors rattle. Like passing train.
V. Rather Strong - Felt by all. Small objects upset.
VI. Strong - Books off shelves. Trees shake. Isolated damage.
VII. Very Strong - Difficult to stand. Many poor buildings damaged.
VIII. Destructive - Significant damage. Branches broken from trees.
IX. Violent - General panic. Serious damage. Ground cracking.
X. Intense - Most buildings destroyed. Rails bent slightly.
XI. Extreme - Rails bent greatly. Pipelines destroyed.
XII. Catastrophic - Near total damage. Objects thrown into the air.
Icons in app:
M = select mode
S = settings – select between metric system (km/h) and American/Imperial system (mph)
W/B = white background, black background
H = heads up display mode (HUD)
R = reset (inside modes)
Speedometer – shows current speed
0-60 mph (0-100 km/h) – measure car performance from 0 to 60 mph, displays time needed to reach 60 mph and distance required. Mode starts automatically when movement is detected. R resets the values.
¼ mi (400 m) – measure car performance from 0 to ¼ mile, displays time needed and speed reached at the end of ¼ mile. Mode starts automatically when movement is detected. R resets the values.
Top speed – displays maximum speed reached and current speed. Mode starts automatically when selected. R resets the values.
This app only contains only the most important functions user needs from digital speedometer; it has no unneeded functions no one uses or needs from a digital speedometer. We kept is simple :)
Please use different modes only on race tracks and never look at your device when you are using modes such as 0-60 mph (0-100 km/h), ¼ mi (400 m) or Top speed mode. Developer cannot be held responsible for any damage, injury or death that could result from using or misusing this app. Always look on the road in front of you when you are using this app. Drive safely!
GPS needs to be enabled on your Android device to use this app.
Metal Detector app uses your devices magnetic sensor to measure magnetic field values and turns your phone into a real metal detector. Data is displayed in µT (micro Testla). 1µT = 10mG (milli Gauss). The magnetic field in nature ranges from 25 to 65 µT (0.25 to 0.65 G). Any higher measurement is an indication of metal in the area. When there is metal in the area, magnetic field increases. App works best detecting ferromagnetic materials, such as iron and can’t detect non-ferromagnetic materials such as aluminum. App works best detecting metals up to 15cm away.
Metal Detector app is simple to use, just open it and move it around. If the magnetic field values rise there is metal in the area. Accuracy of the app is entirely dependent on the magnetic sensor in your device and is affected by electrical equipment such as TVs, PCs… due to electromagnetic waves.
If the app does not work as it should then the problem is in your magnetic sensor. Maybe your device does not have one. Or try to initialize the sensors by pointing your phone up and rotate it in a figure 8 pattern.
If your device's case has magnets or contains metal elements remove the case before using the app.
We were told ghost hunters use our app to use it for ghost detection :)
Ambient temperature is the temperature detected by your device sensors, either dedicated ambient temperature sensor (only high end devices have it) or battery sensor. When battery sensor is used ambient temperature is similar to Android temperature only when device was not used for some time and was not influenced by other external factors (such as being in someone’s pocket).
External temperature is provided by automatic weather stations and data can change on minute to minute basis. External temperature is shown according to user’s position and needs internet connection to receive temperature data from the internet.
Flashlight LED uses your Android's camera LED (flash) to turn your Android into flashlight. With Flashlight LED you can turn ON/OFF your camera LED and use your device as flashlight, send SOS signal in case of emergency… Flashlight LED uses the camera LED at maximum power, making it the brightest flashlight available for your device.
Flashlight LED has the following functions:
- 60 seconds (flashlight is on for 60 seconds)
- SOS (international emergency signal)
- Simple to use, it only takes a click to turn it ON
- Professional dark design to save battery
- Professional coding to keep application size as small as possible, less than 1 MB, much smaller as competitive apps on the market
- Audio Effects on pressing buttons
- Integrated battery meter will tell you exactly how much battery you have left
- NO unneeded features no use uses – just the important stuff :)
- It’s FREE :)
Flashlight LED works with the widest range of devices with camera LED. In case your device does not have camera LED, you will not be able to use this app.
Start recording time, stop recording time, save lap times, restart recording time, reset everything and much more.
Stopwatch has the following functions:
- Simple to use, it only takes a click to turn start recording your time
Show unlimited amount of lap times
- Professional design
Large numbers and buttons
Stopwatch can run in background by pressing “menu button” on your Android, “back button” exits application
- Professional and optimized coding to keep application size as small as possible, 0.2 MB, much smaller as competitive apps on the market
- NO unneeded features no use uses – just the important stuff :)
- It’s FREE :)
Try it out, you will love it!
Timer has the following functions:
- Simple to use
Set unlimited amount of timers, down count to important events
- Professional design
Large numbers and buttons
- Incredibly loud sound when timer is up, use volume buttons to set volume
- Timer can run in background
- Professional and optimized coding to keep application size as small as possible, much smaller as competitive apps on the market
- NO unneeded features no use uses – just the important stuff :)
- It’s FREE :)
Try it out, you will love it!