◇ Over 1,000,000 Downloads
◇ Yes/ No Answer Format
◇ High Quality Audio Capability
◇ Create Your Own Section
◇ Apple Top 10 Medical Downloads
◇ American Medical Student Association
◇ Dallas Morning News
◇ Firehouse - for Firefighter
◇ Physician Assistant Forum
◇ iMedical Apps
◇ and more...
Download Mavro Inc.'s Medical Spanish App Today for
ALL TOPICS (Audio):
◇ Personal Info
◇ Chest Pain
◇ Suicidal Ideation/Depression
◇ Further Assessment
◇ Pain Assessment
◇ Tests and Procedures
◇ Discharged Instructions
◇ Non-Medical Conversation
The Emergency Medical Spanish Guide (EMSG) is a tool designed for non-Spanish speaking health Care professionals to quickly ascertain vital medical information from their Spanish speaking patients.
Feature 1: Yes/No Answer Format
The guide contains questions, instructions and explanations logically divided among easy-to-find chapters. The questions are phrased in a YES/NO or optional answer format so that non-Spanish speaking health care providers may understand the patient’s answers.
Feature 2: Audio Capability
Our Audio Capability is clear and deliberately pronounces Spanish, which allows the Healthcare provider to repeat the question or phrase to the patient, or simply be audible enough for the patient to hear them directly.
Feature 3: Bookmarking
Depending on the patients' condition, this simple tool could be the difference between your patient being treated within the ‘golden window’ of their care, or not. That's why we created the BOOKMARK feature. Allowing the healthcare provider to build his/her own topic.
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
The Medical Spanish Application will direct the early phases - the most critical phases - of care.
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
A special thank you to all our Android users!
This pocket-sized book contains virtually all health-related terms likely to occur in a conversation between a health worker and a Spanish-speaking patient, including common colloquialisms and slang terms not found in similar dictionaries.
*** Fully Functional 7-Day Trial ***
The Third Edition contains over 20,000 entries and 5,000 new terms have been added. Scanning the fields of medicine, nursing, and dentistry, this essential, pocket-sized book contains virtually every health-related term likely to occur in conversation between a healthcare professional and a Spanish-speaking patient. In addition, you’ll find common colloquialisms and hard-to-find phrases, along with helpful labels that identify terms unique to a specific Latin American country.
Glenn T. Rogers, MD, currently directs a clinic for the underserved located in rural northern California. He attended UC Berkeley, majored in mathematics. He was accepted to the PhD program there, but decided to start a business importing embroidered clothes from Mexico. He perfected his Spanish by spending 3-4 months of the year in Mexico, tending to his import business. After doing some soul searching he decided he wanted to something more important, and applied to medical school. Dr. Rogers was accepted and attended the University of Cincinnati, and did a residency in Internal Medicine at L.A. County+USC. Many of the many patients were Spanish-speaking only, and again he was able to work on his medical Spanish. The first edition of his best selling dictionary was authored and published during his residency. DR. Rogers later worked in the ER for 3 years at LAC+USC, then private practice in Bakersfield for 2 years.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Ability to add bookmarks to favorite words
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
* Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Convenient two pane design for tablets
* Fast article scrolling
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
* Support for memory cards
Absolute Neutrophil Count
Acute Lung Injury (ALI) Calculator
Acute Tubular Necrosis
Adjusted Body Weight
Arterial Blood Oxygen Content
Basal Metabolic Rate(BMR)/Calorie
Blood Alcohol Level(BAL)
Blood Sugar Conversion
Body Fat Calculator
Body Mass Index(BMI)
Body Surface Area
Breath by Breath Volume of Carbon Dioxide
Bruce Protocol Treadmill Stress Test
Cerebral Blood Flow
Cerebral Perfusion Pressure
Clinical Dehydration Scale
Closing Capacity of Lungs
Clostridium Difficile Infection (CDI)
Cost of Smoking
Fat Content in Oil
FiO2 Estimation Calculation
Glasgow Coma Scale
Glomerular Filtration Rate
Human Water Requirement
Hyperglycemia Effect on Serum Sodium
International Normalized Ratio
Lean body weight
Liquid PO Dosage
Maintenance fluid pediatrics
Mean Arterial Pressure
Osmolol Gap Urine
Pediatric Urine Output
Pneumonia Clinical Prediction Heckerling
Pre Diabetes Mellitus Criteria
Pressure of Inspired Oxygen
Protein catabolic rate
Pulmonary Vascular Resistance
Red Blood Cell Distribution Width
Serum Ascites Albumin Gradient
Sodium (Na) Deficit
Solid Med Dose
Transtubular Potassium Gradient
Urea Distribution Volume
Waist to Hip Ratio
• Library of ECG Rhythms: V. TACH, V. FIB, PEA, others also include (Sinus, Atrial, Junctional, Ventricular, AV Blocks...)
• Current AHA ACLS Algorithms
• Drug Database: Atropine, Epinephrine, Amiodarone, Digoxin and many more!
• Lab Values: Blood gases, Electrolytes, Hematology, Cardiac Enzyme Markers...
• Easy to Use
• Updated Simple Design
• Search Capability
• Custom User Bookmark Folder for Quick Reference
• Rich Informational Content
• Media Filled
• Re-sizable images
• Growing Health Database
• Real Time Updates
• Push Notifications
The ACLSmed™ App for Android is for all health care professionals: nursing students, med students, nurses, doctors, nurse practitioners, paramedics, respiratory therapists, physiotherapists, ECG technicians and all other allied health care workers.
Start mastering ECG Rhythms like a Pro today! It is a must have medical app!
'MED MNEMONICS Pro' has access to Mnemonics in all major disciplines of Medicine.
*Categorized Medical Mnemonics!
Makes it easier to zoom in and learn select topics at ease.
*Did You Know's!
Mnemonics are now more interesting with the many ‘Did You Know?' concepts attached with the mnemonics.
*Add to Favourites!
Loved a Mnemonic? Add it your 'Favourites' list.
Type in your keyword to get the list of related mnemonics.
Share mnemonics with your Med School friends through Facebook, Twitter or Email.
*Read and Unread tagging
Green and Red tags denote Read and Unread mnemonics respectively.
Updates will be rolled out every 3 months or earlier to include more mnemonics. All users will receive automatic updates of the App.
Next update: April, 2013
Includes quiz, flashcards, & reference cheat sheet/dictionary. Learn assessment interview, anatomy, symptoms, family, & date phrases and vocabulary. Save quiz results to email for review. Text questions to coworkers.
keywords: Spanish health translation, speak Spanish, Mexico travel, Mexico vacation, Spain tours, Spain train, southern Spain, Spanish vocabulary, Spanish phrases, Spanish word game, Spanish word quiz, Spanish English, Spanish dictionary, Spanish medical glossary, spanish for nurses, spanish for EMT, spanish for doctors
GAIL L. BONGIOVANNI, MD
With no prior knowledge of Spanish, and this book at your fingertips, you can confidently conduct patient medical history interviews, perform physical examinations, and give medical instructions to Spanish-speaking patients.
Carefully constructed to elicit one-word, "yes or no" answers, Medical Spanish empowers you to obtain, and give, the information you need, without struggling to understand an unfamiliar language or risking errors due to miscommunication.
Now in its fourth edition, this valuable resource helps you simplify the process of communication with the following features:
• Easy-to-use "Yes" or "No" question and answer format
• Clear pronunciation, grammar, and spelling guidance
• NEW chapter on physical and sexual abuse and rape
• Expanded coverage of patient privacy, informed consent, and HIPPA confidentiality
• Expanded and updated coverage of breast feeding, birth control, and HIV
• Common terms and verbs
THIS GUIDE GIVES YOU QUESTIONS and FULL VOCABULARIES FOR TALKING WITH PATIENTS ABOUT:
Complete Medical History • Full Physical Examination • Social and Occupational Information • Insurance and Economic Information • Urinary Tract • Endocrine System • Hematologic System • Musculoskeletal System • Nervous System • Gastrointestinal System • Convulsions and Headaches • Laboratory Examination • AIDS and HIV • Prescription Instructions • Past Use of Medicines • Common Side Effects • Storage of Medicine • Instructions for the Diabetic • Pregnancy and Delivery History • Birth • Contraception of All Types • Physical and Sexual Abuse and Rape • Poisoning and Intoxicants • Geriatric Evaluation • Psychiatric Evaluation • High-Tech Tests • And Much More
"The most useful medical Spanish book ever written ... It's a gift from heaven."
—Online reader review of the prior edition
Includes more than 1000 multiple choice quiz questions and 1000 flashcards. Includes glossary with common terms and definitions in nine (9) learning modules:
• Top 500 Anatomy & Physiology Terms
• Billing & Coding Fundamentals
• Lab Tests & Results
• General Pharmacology
• Office Procedures
• Laws & Ethics
• Medical Abbreviations
• Medical Acronyms
• My Custom Learning Module
- Create your own flashcards, multiple-choice and glossary
- Send multiple-choice quiz questions to friends
- Post score for global ranking
- Keep up to date with latest news and articles with the
Healthcare news feed.
* Persistent, reliable alarms
* No battery drain
* No ads / permissions
* Highly configurable
* Multiple daily doses
* Status notifications
* Prescription refill reminders
* Medicine details
* User selectable alarm
* Backup and restore data
If you are upgrading from the free version, you can transfer your data by doing a backup in free and restore in pro.
After an update, you must launch Med Minder once to re-register your alarms.
**** IMPORTANT **** If you have a task killer, put Med Minder in its ignore list or your alarms may not work!
**** ALSO IMPORTANT ****
When you put your android phone on "mute" or "vibrate" mode, the phone ONLY mutes the ringer and notification sounds. It does NOT mute applications, such as games or media players. This means that if you have the Med Minder alarm pop-up enabled under settings, the alarm will sound even if the phone is in vibrate mode. If you need Med Minder to be muted, you can either disable the pop-up alarm under settings or manually turn your media volume down with your volume control button. However, I recommend "Mute Widget", a home screen widget that allows one-click muting of all sounds, ringer, notifications, and media.
Please contact me if you have any issues or feature requests
For additional information, please check the website:
Med Helper also tracks your vital signs and PRN / take-as-needed medication. You can log and export or print detailed reports for your Doctor, Nurse or Caregiver
Multiple profiles let you manage others in your care.
Whether you’re self managing or taking care of your loved ones, Med Helper’s features will help you deal with anything from simple short term situations to prolonged complex chronic conditions by making it easy to maintain prescription and medical regime compliance / adherence.
It’s like having your very own Mobile Healthcare Assistant.
Med Helper is consistently ranked as one of the top applications of its kind in the Medical app field.
Med Helper Pro Features include: Ads Free
Phone / Tablet compatible
- Medication Alias
- RX Number
- Side Effects
- Start date
- End date
- Schedule pattern
- Reminder Times / Alarm set
- Taken at
- Refills Remaining
- Current inventory
- Expiration Date
- Time of Day
- Calendar view
Take as needed (PRN)
- Amount taken
- Time taken
- Last 10 doses / 24/hr
- Daily view
- Calendar view
- Ability to manage
- Part of day
- Pain levels
- Blood Pressure
Exportable and Printable Reports
People use Med Helper as a: Medication reminder - Medication tracker - Prescription tracker - Pill reminder - Pills reminder - Pills alarm - Pill organizer - Pill Calendar - Vitals tracker - Doctor or Pharmacist - appointment manager - RX reminder - Med reminder - Medication monitor - Medication reports tracker - Medicine reminder - Medicine scheduler - virtual Pillbox - Individual - family - medication reminder - Symptom tracker - Doctors list and Pharmacy organizer as well as a way to share information with their caregivers.
How ever you choose to use Med Helper we hope it helps make your life a little bit easier.
Med Helper is being designed by people just like you. Over the past two years we've received thousands of emails with suggestions, comments and reviews. People let us know what they like - what they want and sometimes what they don't like. We listen and design accordingly.
Our belief is that Better Healthcare Needs Better Tools... and better tools are best designed by those who use them. Meaning YOU.
For any information, suggestions or help of any kind please contact us at: email@example.com
See our website at: www.medhelperapp.com
We're at your service....
Note: No network connection is required for Med Helper to operate.
All the best - From the Med Helper Team
In summary, this application is a reference for nurses and nursing students that utilizes the Nursing Process (ADPIE) for common medical surgical diseases/ disorders in the following ways:
• Gives a brief, simple description of over 340 common medical-surgical diseases and disorders.
• Outlines common assessment findings and potential priority assessments to include in client care.
• Incorporates potential Nursing Diagnoses with related factors for each disease/ disorder.
• Assists with delineating a plan by stating client-centered goals.
• Lists appropriate nursing interventions to implement in a client plan of care for each disease/ disorder.
• States potential complications for the nurse to consistently evaluate and assess for, associated with each disease/ disorder.
• A great resource for clinical application and NCLEX review.
Disclaimer: This reference is not intended to substitute for nursing education, texts, and other resources utilized by institutions and facilities to educate students and/ or facilitate safe client care. Due to the sensitive nature of medical and nursing references, this information may consistently need to be changed, supplemented, and updated to reflect current evidence based practice and medical/ nursing research.
This reference tool will tell you EXACTLY what you need to do to get into a M.D. school in the United States. This app puts you ahead of the game. It’s an insiders’ guide, created by successful physicians who recently navigated the difficult path to medical school with input from dozens of experts: medical school admissions counselors, current medical students, and even admission committee members.
This app is up-to-date for the 2013 application cycle. If you even think that a career in medicine is where you belong, you need this app!
With this app, you get:
- The most important dos and dont's for getting into medical school
- School Selector to identify which medical schools you should apply to
- Raw admissions data to help determine the strength of your medical school candidacy
- Detailed information on all U.S. M.D. and D.O. schools, as well as Caribbean medical schools
- Checklists to keep your application on track
- Answers to the most common pre-med questions, like:
What should I major in?
Which medical schools should I apply to?
Should I look at D.O. or Caribbean medical schools?
What should I do if my recommendation writer hasn’t turned in my letter?
What am I going to do if I didn’t get into medical school?
What about military medicine?
I am from another country, how can I get into a U.S. medical school?
And much more...
Why you need this app:
1) This year approximately 45,000 students will apply to medical school, and only approximately 1 in 3 students will ultimately be admitted.
2) Simple mistakes can doom otherwise successful applications. We will show you what mistakes to avoid and what exactly admission committee members are looking for when they recommend students for acceptance to their school!
3) This is the ONLY guide available that relies on data and insight from those in the know, offering you a condensed, quantitative, and objective approach to your biggest pre-med questions. Just like medicine relies on evidence to make decisions, this is an evidence-based guide.
4) While hard work and dedication is the best recipe for success, there are mistakes that even the best students make in the admissions process that can make or break their application. This app will help you avoid those mistakes.
5) Not all pre-medical advisors are created equal, and not all pre-medical students have access to quality pre-medical advising. This app can even the playing field for you, giving you top quality pre-medical advising.
If you would like to see more features added, please e-mail or call us. We will try to add your recommendations to our next release!
Keywords: md, do, medical, medicine, med, school, college, physician, dr, admissions, pre, med, calculator, amcas, msar, rank, apply, mcat, gpa, guide, post, bac
Le Med’Vet vous permet de retrouver toutes les informations légales concernant les médicaments vétérinaires commercialisés en France.
Elles proviennent des Résumés des Caractéristiques des Produits (RCP) validés par l’agence européenne ou l’agence française du médicament vétérinaire.
Vous bénéficiez des mises à jour mensuelles réalisées directement par les laboratoires responsables de la mise sur le marché des médicaments.
Le Med’Vet présente également les produits de santé disponibles.
Les fonctionnalités de l'application Medvet sont nombreuses :
- recherche par nom de médicament, principe actif, espèce cible, voie d'administration, laboratoire
- index complet des produits et des laboratoires
- scanner de code GTIN pour obtenir en 1 cliché l'information sur un produit
Cette application est sans nul doute un allié quotidien de tout ayant droit du médicament vétérinaire.
This app brings a data base with more than 22,000 drugs registered in Brazil. You can check the active ingredient of brand drugs and figure out the correspondent generic drug. It also brings the laboratory names as well as the highest price allowed by ANVISA.
Disclaimer: The authors are not responsible for the information presented in this material, for which the sources are responsible.