This Bible study app is part of www.abiblecommentary.com and it is sent forth in hopes of helping people learn more about the Scriptures.
NOTE: Because accent marks distort Greek words on some devices, all posts have English equivalent letters instead of Greek characters. If you wish to see the listed verses in Greek: Click on the linked verse, select "GWHU" (the Westcott-Hort Greek text), and then press the "go" button.
Wherever you have your phone and a free moment, Liberation Philology Ancient Greek is ready to drill you on Ancient Greek vocabulary and grammar with a continuous multiple-choice test. Your answers are immediately confirmed or corrected, and reinforced through repetition.
• Vocabulary: 110 levels, each testing the translation of 10 words between English and Ancient Greek. Additional sections contain 220 levels of Homeric, and 210 levels of New Testament vocabulary.
• Nouns: Tests your ability to parse and decline all classes of Ancient Greek nouns.
• Adjectives & Pronouns: Tests your ability to parse and decline all classes of Ancient Greek adjectives & demonstrative pronouns.
• Verbs: Tests your ability to parse and conjugate a range of paradigmatic Ancient Greek verbs.
• Participles: Tests your ability to recognise and decline Ancient Greek participles.
A further module allows you to review the vocabulary word-list and the noun and verb paradigms. Beginning students also have the option of displaying Greek text in transliteration.
Instant Greek is a very handy and unique application. It guides you on how to speak and listen common Greek vocabulary in an enjoyable way. You can learn Greek from anywhere at anytime with only clicks away.
This is also a perfect application for tourists who like to communicate with others in Greek. You'll be amazed how Instant Greek can improve your communication skills instantly!
- Over 500 useful Greek words that must learn
- Perfect pronunciation recorded by native speaker
- Each vocabulary is expressed with its phonetics transcription and translation
- Randomly generated vocabulary and listening quiz
- Stunning high definition graphics
- Well organized theme categories
- Easy controls and management to record the study progress
- Rewarding medals if score perfectly on quizzes
- High quality sound effects and audio tracks
Download it now and see how much you can learn instantly.
With GreekParadigmPro you can easily find your ancient greek verb (or one of its variation) among about 600 different words (and all combinations). Type on a greek keyboard and the list of verbs containing the sequence of letters is automatically updated. Click a specific verb in the list to see the full verb differnt forms and its English translation (no time limitation in this pro version). Also with the pro version you don't need to type the exact greek letter with its diacritic mark because search doesn't need for those marks to find the matching word in the table. So finding process is faster. Still the results are shown with the complete diacritic marks. No avertise in the pro version. Remember! the app doesn't need internet to access the paradigm table.
A book weighing 5 pounds won’t have as many words as this dictionary. NO NEED FOR AN INTERNET CONNECTION OR 3G – the entire app comes pre-loaded with everything you need for studying, traveling, or anything on the go.
The Dictionary Contains:
An extensive vocabulary, a choice of 7 display languages, advanced TTS (text-to-speech) for English, German, Greek, Spanish, French, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and also Real Voice capabilities. It’s a user-friendly translation tool that includes up to 1,000,000+ words depending on the language.
Ectaco LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary Features:
Comprehensive and fully updated bilingual, bidirectional vocabulary
Translations complete with parts of speech, gender, comments, transcriptions and examples
Advanced TTS (text-to-speech) functionality
English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish and Russian display language options
Quick paste and translate (translates a selected word in other application with just one click)
Input Line search finds any word matching the sequence of symbols you enter
History function to view and select previously entered words
Integrated support for C-Pen (C) Bluetooth scanner for text input
PLEASE NOTE: The applications have TrueVoice technology where you can download human voice pronunciation depending on your language pair.
To do so:
Open application -> Go to settings menu -> Choose TrueVoice language to download
It will automatically install into the app. Enjoy!
Visit www.ectaco.com for the best language learning hardware and software.
tags: ectaco, lingvosoft, talking, speaking, speech, pronunciation, dictionary, dictionaries, translate, language, learning, translation, software, reference, English, Greek, translator, studying, traveling, словарь, словари, перевод, язык, английский, греческий, аудио произношение, говорящий, англо-греческий
Two different game modes will send letters flying at you, testing your visual and audio recognition. In one game, your job is to grab the letters in alphabetical order. In the other game, your job is to grab the letters in whatever order they're called. For bonus points, any incorrect letters can be shot down!
This game is designed for anyone new to Greek. It will be especially useful if you are planning on studying or just starting your studies in Koine Greek (Biblical Greek), Ancient Greek, or Modern Greek. This app could also come in handy if you are in a mathematics class, physics class, or some other class that makes heavy use of the Greek alphabet.
Note that this is the full version of the Greek Alphabet Game. The full version of the Greek Alphabet Game is ad-free and has no restricted features.
If you wish to try the Greek Alphabet Game out before buying it, please download the free version. Then, if you like what you see, come back and download the full version. Your support is greatly appreciated.
NOTE ON PRONUNCIATION:
Since I primarily made the app for Koine Greek students, the pronunciation doesn't exactly match modern Greek; nor does it use the standard Erasmian pronunciation. It most closely matches Buth's pronunciation (http://www.biblicallanguagecenter.com/assets/pdf/PRONSYS1_US.pdf). Despite this, I did choose to keep a more standard pronunciation of some letters (e.g. tau).
From the makers of PαrsεGrεεk — Multimedia Flashcards for learning New Testament Greek compatible with today's top introductory grammars. In addition, users can study by frequency or by NT chapter.
All words that occur 20x or more include the following:
- audio for both sides of the card (Erasmian pronunciation)
- a contextual example
Tailor quizzes to your needs, including as much or as little of the extra content as you want. Or sit back and study in slideshow mode ! Either way, you'll be acing those vocab tests in no time.
Additionally, FlashGreek Pro users can study by biblical chapter as well as study in principal parts mode.
The following intro grammars are supported:
- William Mounce, Basics of Biblical Greek (2009)
- N. Clayton Croy, Biblical Greek Primer (1999)
- James Hewett, New Testament Greek (2009)
- David Alan Black, Learn to Read New Testament Greek (2009)
- Gerald Stevens, New Testament Greek Primer (2010)
- Jeremy Duff, Elements of New Testament Greek (2005)
- S. M. Baugh, A New Testament Greek Primer (2009)
- Danny Zacharias, New Testament Greek Stripped Down (2013)
- Stanley Porter, Fundamentals of New Testament Greek (2010) [*not all Porter vocabulary have the multimedia elements)
*Disclaimer 1* I am in no way associated with any of the publishers nor the authors of the grammars. This is not an official companion app for any of them - it is simply compatible with the intro grammars.
**Disclaimer 2** I have tried my darndest to be entirely accurate with the vocabulary lists according to chapters in the textbook. But mistakes do happen— my apologies if there are any. Please be responsible and check these flashcards against your textbook to ensure accuracy. If there are errors, please let us know and they will be fixed asap.
***Disclaimer 3*** The meanings in these flashcards derive from the awesome ©Accordance Bible Software, and sometimes particular authors view some words slightly differently. In most cases the differences are minor and inconsequential - but again, be responsible and check them against your textbook.
This application helps you to learn Greek words. Your learning can be specified in very rich ways. You can also specify Bible passage and learn words it contains.
You can also practice declensions and conjugations (recognize genders, persons and another verb categories).
☆ Vocabulary trainer: choose the corresponding image to the Greek word given.
☆ True or false: select whether the shown translation is true or false and answer as many as you can in 60 seconds.
☆ Spelling test: spell the given Greek word correctly without getting a letter wrong.
☆ Crossword: use the hints shown to guess the correct Greek translations needed to fill in the squares.
☆ Hangman: guess the Greek word by choosing one letter at a time with only a limited amount of guesses.
☆ Anagram: rearrange the letters to guess the jumbled Greek word.
☆ Word search: find all the Greek words hidden in the word grid using the English translations as hints.
☆ Memory recall: memorize the 5 Greek words shown within 15 seconds and then select their correct English translations from the choices shown.
☆ Memory match: flip over two cards at a time to find the Greek word and its given translation, until all pairs have been found.
☆ 17 categorized flash card sets for speed learning new vocabulary, including adjectives, adverbs, numbers, common objects, transportation and so on.
If you like Rosetta Stone, Byki, Rocket Languages, Busuu, Babbel, Transparent Language, Fluenz, Pimsleur and Tell Me More then this Greek language learning software is for you.
In order to improve the quality of this app and to enhance your learning experience, we welcome comments on improvements.
• Commonly-used Greek phrases & vocabularies
• Authentic pronunciation
• Search by keywords using Greek and English
• Easy to store and manage your favourite items
• Font size adjustment
• No internet connection required
Note that all content in both "Travel" and "Basic" categories are locked in this free version, user can either pay an one-off fee to unlock them permanently or see an advertisement for a free trial.
• Web Site:
Phrasebook keywords: phrase, vocabulary, book, dictionary, translate, speak, talk, study, lesson, course, travel, free, lite
This application will be updated to complete much information as possible taking into account the different points of view of the great poets Homer, Ovid, Hesiod, Virgil, etc.
There is ad-free version and with more myths (Greek Mythology PRO).
- New forum.
Want to master Greek vocabulary?
Greek flashcards are images/text/sound on cards, used to help remember new vocabulary in Greek. Instead of simply reading the definition in a dictionary, the brain is also challenged via our several learning modes: Study, Slide show, Matching, Memorize, Quiz, Spelling , Re-arrange to make the learning Greek language more exciting and fun.
♥ ♥ GREAT CONTENT ♥ ♥
Greek flashcards app includes 4000+ premade Greek flashcards which cover the most used Greek words from 9 categories:
•Food and Meals
♥ ♥ GREAT REVIEWS ♥ ♥
Greek flashcards apps have received 5.000+ installed and counting. Some comments from our users about us:
• “Good app! Flashcards make a good way of remembering words”.
• “I like the way it teachers you the basics of the Greek language”.
• Import cardsets from Couser hero, Quizlet, Flashcard exchange.
• Track study progress using Leitner system.
• Display statistics for cards and games
• Search cardsets from our database with millions of flashcards on various subjects.
• Review schedule to help you review flashcards before they are expired.
• Customize flashcards by selecting font, background and languages.
• Access flashcards created from http://www.superflashcard.com
• Text to speech to study flashcards without looking at screens.
• Download unlimited flashcards to your devices for offline study
• Customize text color and background color/images of cards
This app is also available on Apple App Store, Amazon Kindle App Store, Blackberry App Store and Windows Phone App Store. Please visit us at http://about.superflashcard.com/tour/ for more information .