*NEW*: PoopLog now has the ability to log a pain/discomfort level from 0-10. This option is disabled by default, but can be enabled via Settings > Defaults.
!! UPDATE ALERT !! I am working on and will soon be releasing a large update that will include more logging options, charting, and trends!
Stay tuned to @kefsco, or kefsco.com for any news!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why develop PoopLog? Is it a joke application? I was out of work, and on disability for 7+ months due to severe bowel problems.. I'm a geek, so I started tracking everything, even my bowel movements. I figured others might want to do the same, so I gave birth to PoopLog. While it can be fun to track and tweet, PoopLog was originally developed to assist with tracking bowel movements for easy analysis by a health practitioner.
I can really attach a photo to my PoopLog? Why? This wasn't an original feature of PoopLog, and won't become available until PoopLog2 is released. For some reason, this is the most requested feature from my users so I had no choice but to include this great feature! When you take your first photo, you will be asked if you would like your PoopLog photos hidden from the Android gallery. This option is configurable through the PoopLog application settings.
Why does PoopLog require install permissions? The only permissions required are to read/write to the external storage device (ie: microsd), and to access the camera. This is required exclusively to import/export generated reports and read/write PoopLog photos. PoopLog doesn't connect to the internet, doesn't obtain your device's identity or contacts, and doesn't transmit any information out from your device to anyone, ever, unless you select the share option for a PoopLog entry.
Why can't I share my PoopLog directly to the Facebook for Android application? The Facebook for Android application contains a flaw where it believes you are attempting to share a link, rather than share text. This issue appears to affect every Android developer, including myself. For now, you can workaround this issue by using the 'Copy to Clipboard' button. Once you do this, you can manually open your Facebook application and paste the text from your clipboard with a long-press on any text-field. Hopefully the Facebook for Android developers will fix this soon.
Why does it take so long to open an attached PoopLog photo? I've heard reports of attached PoopLog images taking upwards of 30+ seconds to open. I am not sure what is causing the latency, but will look into it and resolve it in an upcoming version.
What features can be expected in future versions of PoopLog? I am playing with the ability to geotag entries, allowing users to view a map/trail of their PoopLog. Also, I am working on implementing some sort of label/tagging system in order to sort entries into multiple custom categories (ie: smell, contents..). You can follow developments on Twitter via @kefsco, and if you have any suggestions, comments, ideas, or any feedback at all, email email@example.com.
Is PoopLog open-source? Currently, no. If I ever get around to cleaning up my code, my goal is to release it for anyone to use.
Will PoopLog ever be an iPhone/iPad/iOS app? No.
I hope that you find PoopLog useful and fun, as silly as it may be.
You can have records for as many babies as you want.
Our app is one of the best rated apps by careful parents like you.
Baby Lara recommends it warmly.
The only app of this kind which allows you to hide the multi-babies interface if you want!
- Multiple babies support
- Auto sync multiple devices
- Follow bottle and breast feeding
- Follow diaper changing
- Follow sleep
- Follow medicine/vitamins taking
- Follow bath events
- Follow solid food
- Follow breast pumping
- Growth measuring and percentiles
- Set and follow other events
- Widget for last events
- Configuring the details for your baby (name, date of birth, picture)
- Statistics are available for all this information, helping you follow:
- daily digest
- feed progress (diagram with average value)
- time elapsed since last event for each category
- diapers usage
- breast feeding progress
- breast pumping progress
- Alerts and notifications
- Possibility to edit or delete an event
- Easy navigation between days
- Add notes for any activity
- Customizable action bar
- Possibility to sync the log between two devices
- Backup function
- Very small size. Our app will not eat up much memory
- Very flexible and customizable. It works in landscape, but also in portrait position
- Very easy to use, almost no configurations.
Visit our site and leave us your comments, they can help us improve the app.
If you want to have the app translated in your language, see http://ackuna.com/translate-/baby-care-log.
If you help translating, you will be mentioned in the about section and can request an ad-free version of the app from eVerbum.
. Log your bowel movement by toilet timer or quick entry creation
. Log your bowel movement with stool shape, toilet time length, and note
. Monitor your stool shape using Bristol Stool Form Scale
. Monitor the movemen's time, stool shape and frequency in Calendar and Log list screen
. Switch monitoring period
With the Baby Sidekick baby log you can track important events such as sleep, feedings, nursing, height, weight and more. Baby Sidekick also features reports and graphs to help you make sense of your babies progress and behavior.
Baby Sidekick allows you to synchronize these events across caregivers in real time making it easy to stay informed about whats happening with your child. This information is backed up in the cloud so that if you lose your phone, you don't lose your data.
* Log nursing, bottle, pumping, and solid feeding events
* Track the growth of your baby through height, weight and head size events and compare it to CDC national metrics
* Track diaper and potty changes with details to help track bowel movement health
* Log sleep, bath and milestone events
* Synchronize events with designated caregivers such as spouse, baby sitter or day care on Android and IOS devices.
* Easily track multiple children.
* Timeline chart helps you understand your baby’s daily habits and patterns at a glance
* Sleep chart help you understand how much your baby is sleeping over time
* Bottle chart helps you spot changes in consumption behavior
* Height, Weight, and Head Size charts let you see your baby’s growth and compare it to national average numbers maintained by the CDC.
* Attach images and notes to any event
We hope you enjoy the application and welcome any feedback you might have!
Baby Sidekick Team
- "Rhythm Racer is OUT and FREE: No Audiosurf? No Problem!" – James Isabel, The APPera
- "...adrenaline-fueled racing experience is complete music and gameplay entertainment." - Level Up News
It's a FREE DOWNLOAD with SEVEN songs so try it! Friend us on Facebook (facebook.com/rhythmracer) to support us or if you need support.