WHAT IS IT?
Fotoskin is a great tool that helps preventing and early detecting skin cancer. The user can periodically perform a photographic register, by mapping its body. This register can be of great help for the medical professional, given that the patient will be able to show these photographs to its dermatologist in its check-ups, making it easier for a diagnosis and risk evaluation.
Fotoskin also offers valuable and rigorous information about different skin conditions, as well as tests and advice for better skin protection and cancer prevention.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Fotoskin is indicated for patients and relatives who have skin spots or moles that require tracking and control. It is also a useful tool for dermatologists and other health professionals, such as pharmacists and nurses. It can be of great interest for any person concerned about its skin health and sun damage prevention.
WHAT ARE ITS FEATURES?
Fotoskin has the following functionalities:
- My skin: In this section, you can perform different tests to know your fototype, melanoma risk and actinic damage level. The questions here are related with sun exposure time, mole amount or family precedents. With this information, the app will offer you a guidance summary on your skin’s condition, as well as advice to learn how to take care of yourself.
- My control: In this section you may photograph your own skin to know your moles and marks’ condition. The app allows to select the body part you want to photograph and enables also to configure reminders to perform continuous tracking or remembering your appointments with your dermatologist.
- My advice: Here you can access hints and tips to learn how to look after your skin, how to have a healthy solar exposure and to correctly apply sunscreen, as well as the steps to follow after sunburn.
- Medical Information: In this section you’ll find information regarding the main conditions that may affect skin, with images, disease characteristics and prevention.
- My weather: This section will inform you about your location’s (or any city you select) environmental situation, as well as its temperature and UV radiation index. It will also provide recommendations to follow under every case to protect your skin from sun damage.
------ Powered by ISDIN ------
* Important notice *
This app contains photographies that can result unpleasant for sensitive people.
Fotoskin is an informative and photographic self-control app that in no case will substitute medical visiting and a professional dermatologist diagnosis.
This app can be installed in almost all available devices; however, older or non-updated versions of Android devices can present some problems isolated yield.
Learn how to give yourself a monthly skin exam and how to tell if your moles are the kind that you should tell a dermatologist about.
Keep track of your self-exams with the Monthly Skin Check Log and follow the essential tips to ensure that you are always practicing sun safety!
Your Mobile Doctor’s Symptoms Checker - with content from NHS Choices on symptoms, diagnosis, prevention, treatment and self-treatment - is a quick and simple way of getting personal health advice and information on illnesses and conditions when you or your family are unwell and feeling sick or ill.
Our smart symptom checker figures out what might be wrong with you. We show you information on those conditions or illnesses, along with how to avoid, manage or treat them. We even tell you when you should go see a doctor or call an ambulance.
"Your Smart Health Assistant"
Your Mobile Doctor (Your MD) Symptom Checker provides personalised health advice on how to cure and treat your illness or condition, and manage your health. It’s like having a doctor (MD) travelling with you at all times.
- Just speak or type how you are feeling
- We give you results matching your symptoms instantly
- Helps you make decisions when you or someone you care about is poorly or sick
- Fast, anywhere, any time of day or night
Your.MD Symptom Checker: How it helps you
1. Say or type what’s wrong with you and list your symptoms, just like you would to your own doctor
2. See the most likely conditions, based on your symptoms, age and gender
3. Just like a doctor, Your.MD asks follow-up questions (up to 3 questions) to improve the accuracy of the results
4. Your Mobile Doctor then provides you with more information on the conditions (up to 5 conditions or illnesses) that best match your symptoms and personal profile
5. It’s simple and easy to understand and take action, thanks to clinical best practice hints and tips from NHS Choices.
You can set up multiple profiles for all your family members, or go straight to our Conditions A-Z to discover more about symptoms, treatments, diagnosis, living with conditions, and personal stories on living with those diseases and illnesses.
If you have any feedback on the Your.MD App, please leave a comment on the Google Play store. We can't help you with personal medical advice, but if you love the Your.MD App and we've helped you feel better - let us know! Thanks!
Some commonly searched-for conditions on Your.MD Symptom Checker
Accidents to children in the home
ALS Motor Neurone Disease
Hair loss (alopecia)
This application provides useful information but is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or the emergency services. Before acting on any of the information in the Your.MD app, consult with your doctor to make sure that it is right for you
Thanks to our friends at NHS Choices for the wonderful content!