Prove and protect your identity with Post Office EasyID
EasyID from Post Office is the safe, convenient way to prove who you are – online and in person with thousands of UK businesses.
Post Office is already trusted by millions to help with their identity verification needs. Now we’re helping you do it digitally – quickly and securely.
When you need to prove your identity or age, your EasyID lets you share only the details you need to and nothing you don’t. Control of your data stays firmly in your hands.
With EasyID you can:
· Verify your identity with thousands of organisations – online and in person
· Prove your age online and at over 12,000 UK convenience stores (except for alcohol)
· Securely store and share staff ID cards, health test results and other details issued to you by third parties
· Log into online accounts with extra security
Create your EasyID in minutes
1. Add a phone number and create a 5-digit PIN to secure your account
2. Scan your face with your phone’s camera and we’ll verify you to protect your account
3. Add personal details to your EasyID easily by scanning a government-approved ID document (a passport, driving licence or national ID cards from any of 200+ countries and territories)
You choose which details to share with businesses or individuals and when. We encourage businesses to only ask for the details they really need.
Keeping your details safe
You can count on Post Office to protect your personal details. Our London-based technology partner Yoti will verify your identity and safely encrypt any details you add to your EasyID into unreadable data. They’re stored safely on your phone, where only you can unlock them using your PIN or fingerprint.
We can’t access your details or share them without your permission. We can’t mine or sell your data to third parties. Plus, we’ll never charge you to use EasyID. Instead, we charge businesses who use EasyID to verify your personal details.