Packet Sniffer App for android.
It allows to capture and display Wifi and Bluetooth packets and save them for future analysis.
great tool for network engineers and developers.
FOR ROOT USERS ONLY.
IN ORDER TO ACTIVATE THE APP AFTER INSTALL FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON DEVELOPERS SITE.
Please note that external hardware (i.e., a USB Sniffer accessory/device) is required to actually capture frames. However, application features can be tried out using the test mode.
* Capture 802.15.4 frames (by using a sniffer 15.4 accessory/device).
* Display captured frames.
* Filtering (by frame type, source address, destination address, and payload).
* Store captured frames on phone memory for future display.
* Export captured frames to PCAP format (Wireshark compatible).
* Live forwarding to an arbitrary IP address using the Zigbee Encapsulation Protocol (ZEP).
* Test mode (to try out application functionality without a sniffer 15.4 accessory/device).
To actually sniff packets you can use the following hardware:
- A Tmote Sky (a.k.a TelosB) configured as a sniffer 15.4 device; or
- A SEED-EYE board configured as a sniffer 15.4 accessory
In general, the SEED-EYE board should work on every Android device (3.1+), while the Tmote Sky works only on Android devices supporting the USB host mode (e.g., the Samsung Galaxy Nexus).
* Nexus S (Tmote sky *not* supported, you must use a SEED-EYE board)
* Galaxy Nexus
More info can be found at http://rtn.sssup.it/index.php/software/sniffer-154
- Daniele Alessandrelli
- Andrea Azzarà
PS: for reporting problems, bug, comments, etc, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Thanks!
several famous separate tools and more over offers a good and unique alternative of Wireshark for android.
The main features are:
* network discovery with OS detection
* network traffic analysis
* passwords recovery
* files recovery
WARNING! If you face any problems reinstall busybox and supersu!
Runs on Android >=2.3.3 with root+busybox
Looks better on high resolution, but completely comfortable on 480x720.
Captured data are saved as a PCAP file format in the external storage.
If you want a more detailed analysis, please transfer the file to your PC and use the software handles PCAP format(such as Wireshark).
★ Differences between tPacketCapture and tPacketCapture Pro ★
Pro Version include an Application filtering feature.
Application filtering is able to capture only a specific application communication.
ezNetScan - Network Tools
ezNetScan is a handy network tool for network administrators - it scans wireless network and displays the list of all connected devices.
Various other options allow you to easily customize your network list further, including assigning device specific icon, tag name to device and additional note/comment to any device etc...
SNMP based features added which allows you to list out installed software and hardware information of network devices.
- Service Scan
- Wake on LAN
- DNS lookup
- NetBios Name
- Scan TCP Service
- Device IP Address, MAC Address and Manufacture Name
- Custom device name and icons
- Installed Software & Hardware details (It will work for SNMP enabled devices)
It also allows you to email scanned device list & command results. You can also view all your scanned network details in offline mode.
Keywords: Wifi Network, Network Scan, Network Tools, Network Admin, Network Administrator, Network Discovery, Network Inventory, Discover Host/Devices, Wifi, Wi-fi, Ping, Traceroute, Scan Service, Wake on LAN, SNMP, Installed Softwares, Hardware, Storage
NETWORK SNIFFER WIDGET on 3G and WIFI
** NEED ROOT ACCESS **
** NOT an application, it's a WIDGET **
** NOT based on tcpdump or libpcap **
- Start/Stop easily a capture in one click from your home screen.
- Detects automatically the type of connection.
- Write a PCAP file which may be read with tools such as Wireshark.
- A notification indicates the number of captured packets and the total size in bytes.
- At the end of the capture, PCAP file may be sent by email.
- Help is available on SniffDroid application.
Please report bugs at firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks.
How many times you try to find a sms from your SMS inbox or SIM and got tired by searching for it due to huge number of SMS stored in your phone. Here is the solution "SMS Sniffer Lite", now you can search SMS from your Inbox/Sent/Draft or SIM card in seconds. You can search by any keyword,contact name or number. Delete SMS as per your convenience (single or multiple SMS). Also you can share the SMS message with others. Even you can call the sender right from this app.
Many times you found your SMS inbox icon or notification area shows 1 unread SMS, but when you search for it, you never find it as it is some data issue happened to many of us. Now, you can solve that scenario too with this app.
1. Simple UI and very lightweight app.
1. Search SMS category wise (Inbox/Sent/All).
2. Search SMS stored in SIM card.
3. Search SMS by keyword, contact name or number.
4. Delete single SMS from search result.
5. Delete all messages under one search criteria.
6. Call the SMS sender directly from the app.
7. Copy message text or number.
8. Share SMS with others.
9. In-App help and issue submission.
Customer satisfaction is important to us. If you have any difficulties with the app, please contact us at email@example.com
This app allows you to explore the contents of the RFID/NFC enabled smart card transponders. This is very useful for anyone programming NFC applications, or for anyone who wants to see what transponders they are carrying around in their purse or wallet.
To scan a smart-card or NFC tag, start the app, then hold the card/tag within a few millimeters of the back of your device (you may have to swipe around a bit to find where the NCF reader is in your device).
The app displays:
* The transponder ID
* RF technologies used
* Type of transponder
* ATQA code
* Target tech classes
* Number of times this transponder has been scanned
Not all android devices support NFC. If your phone or tablet does not support NFC, a message appears on the screen to notify you, and the app closes.
By default, NFC is disabled in most handsets. To use this app, and to use NFC on your device, you must enable NFC in your device settings. If NFC is not enabled on your device, this app displays a message and exits.
This app is no better than the NFC scanner and the RFID tag you are using. Not all phone chips can read all tags. If the phone cannot read the tag, there is nothing the software can do. This app shows whatever NFC contacts the hardware reports to the OS.
By using this WiFi scanner, you are helping support the Southern Methodist University wireless technology research group learn more about wireless signals in current use across the world and develop more efficient protocols and algorithms.
- Before or at the time of collecting usage statistics, we will disassociate the measured data from the user's personal identification.
- We will collect and use of usage statistics solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain usage statistics as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect usage statistics by a lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- A user's location should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date and without regard to the person's identity.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Metal Sniffer is a portable metal detector. By detecting nearby electromagnetic fields using the phone's built-in magnetometer/compass, you can locate nearby metal and magnets. You can also use it to find metallic studs and wiring behind walls. Depending on your phone, you can use it to detect metals up to 30cm away, and magnets from far, far away! Note that household equipment like TVs, and computers or even your phone case can affect readings.
Readings are separated per dimension, and is given in the unit of your choice (Tesla, Gauss, or Gamma), and combined to give a scalar reading. You can set a threshold at which the phone will vibrate when a critical reading has been reached.
You can also see a reading trend through the graph, or switch to the compass mode to find the direction at which the current is coming from! You can also record the readings to a .csv file for tracking or research.
===How to use this app?===
Very simple, just move the app around and read the measurements, if the magnetic field readings go over a critical level, the phone will vibrate, meaning a ferromagnetic material is nearby.
If the readings aren't getting updated, make sure your phone is equipped with a magnetometer.
If the readings seems to be off, it means that your sensors needs to be re-calibrated, click the re-calibration button (refresh icon) for instructions.
Metal Sniffer: Leveraging your Android’s magnetic sensors to search for metal:
Metal Sniffer Brings Polished Metal Detection to Android:
Metal Sniffer Is Hands Down The Best Metal Detector App For Android:
If you like the app, please take the time to rate it & share!
-Fun Metal Detector
-Displays the x,y,z components of the magnetic field.
-Works through walls! Detect hidden electrical wires.
-4 Sensor speeds and 3 different units.
-Export the data to a CSV file, make cool charts.
-Compass-like arrow to point out the direction of the source of the magnetic field
-Free (Ads can be disabled in the settings)
-Option to force screen on to prevent screen from closing
-A historical chart
-Optimized for Ice Cream Sandwich/Holo theme
-Russian, Spanish and Dutch translations
-Tutorial (only on Android 4.0+) when app is first launched.
-Works on 2.1 and up!
-Other languages coming soon.
Used for vibration when level has reached a set threshold.
Used to save .csv records to SD card.
Bugs? Please e-mail me by clicking the link below.
Signal-Strength is not the only reason for bad WiFi speeds, as popularly believed. Research indicates that WiFi speed (throughput) depends on Link Speed, Signal-to-Ratio (SNR) and Signal Strength. When a WiFi device (such as your laptop or iPad) is far away from your WiFi Router, the Signal-to-Noise Ratio and Signal–Strength decreases. As a result, your device auto-adjusts the Link Speed to a lower value in order to handle packet loss and interference.
This app provides WiFi Link Speed, Signal-to-Noise Ratio and Signal Strength of your WiFi connection. You can easily identify how your WiFi performance changes in different locations (at your home or office).
1. Support for landscape (horizontal screen) mode
2. Option to show/hide the text results (to increase the graph viewing area)
3. "Help Screens" to describe the technical terminologies
4. Improved app stability
1. Provides graphs for WiFi Link Speed, Signal-to-Noise Ratio and Signal Strength of your WiFi connection
* Current, Average and Moving Average values
2. Customize the Display
* Enable/Disable individual Graphs
* Enable/Disable Moving Average Graphs
3. Customize the Calculations
* Set the “Interference Range” to calculate Signal-to-Noise Ratio
* Set the “Moving Average” interval
This app monitors and analyzes your network and warns you if there are problems.
For beginners: easy to understand, you don't need to be an IT expert. You can detect the problems without knowing how the RSSI, link speed work or what they mean.
For experts: It tests your WiFi network latency, DNS resolving continuously, not just displays static information!
* Real-time latency, link speed and signal strength information on the dashboard
* Analyze function: DNS resolving, overlapping networks, latency, signal power and so on.
* Wireless networks on graph
* Detailed information about your network and your access point like the vendor of the AP or the exact frequency and DHCP info.
This is a free, ad-supported application. Donation will remove ads.
You can donate by buying the WiFi Network Analyzer Pro - make a donation from the application or visit the Google Play site of WiFi Network Analyzer Pro: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pzolee.wifiinfoPro
Not that feature rich as Wireshark yet, but it's a powerful debugging tool especially when developing an app.
- Capture network packets and record them.
- SSL decryption using man-in-the-middle technique.
- No root required.
- Easy to use.
- Show packet in either hex or text.
You don't need to setup a dedicated proxy server like mitmproxy, Fiddler or Charles. All you need is just your Android device.
** How to get rid of PIN number **
If you want to get rid of entering PIN number on a lock screen after Packet Capture is uninstalled, it is needed to clear credential storage.
Go to OS Setting->Security->Clear credentials
WiFi Overview 360 is not only a WLAN Scanner, which shows all WLANs in range, the app is much more.
This app is a "Swiss Army Knife" for WLAN.
With this tool you can manage and optimize your used wireless network and and with one look you'll get detailed information of the WLANs (WLAN name (SSID), signal strength, channelnumber, encryptionin - open or not) in your environment.
The tab "Ch check" (channel checker) and "Ch. radar" (channel radar) are powerful tool to optimize your own wlan network. For best performance your network must use a channel or frequency range where are no other wireless networks or little as possible. WiFi Overview 360 gives you the best choice for the channel.
Main features are:
- wlan scanner
- detailed wlan information
- add WLANs manually
- endless list of known WLANs (previously limited to 16)
- graphical representation of all wireless networks in the operating range
- channel checker for the best channel choice
- included 2x1 widget
- Android 4.x support
- Tablet support
- WLAN Internet connection check
- and much more ...
The "Pro" version contains no ad, have more widgets, have a powerful "WiFi Detector", can set "Quick connect shortcuts", can set WLAN priority and is a little recognition for my work.