With this app you can check the "polarity" of a speaker, whether it first moves forwards or backwards (often mistakenly named "phase", which is also time and frequency related).
A loudspeaker should have the same polarity as it's "friend on the other side" when measured at the same position/distance. This also counts for multiple speakers which should be doing the same (a cluster of multiple subwoofers for instance).
- Red is NOT bad!! A lot of filter-designs that drive loudspeakers have out of polarity components (so for instance the high frequency speaker CAN be opposite polarity to the low frequency speaker).
- Try to measure as close to the speaker as possible (and away from bass-ports).
- dBFS means "Decibels relative to full scale". So 0dBFS is the maximum soundpressure your device is capable of handling without distorting (clipping).
- Using a different pulse signal CAN give opposite readings, due to loudspeaker filter designs. Use the same pulse when comparing!
Polarity Checker can be useful for testing almost all sound sources. Like large scale concert PA systems, home theater systems, studio monitors, car audio en even headphones..
For playing the pulse signal you have 3 options:
- Use a wire to connect your phone/tablet to the Sound System.
- Use 2 phones/tablets (one wired for pulse generation and one without wires for measuring).
- Copy the pulse files (which can be found in sd-card/PolarityChecker) to a playback medium (cd/iPod) that is able to repeat single tracks.
- When the polarity-reverse button "Ø" is pressed (red), the pulse generator plays a negative pulse. So the measurement should give opposite readings! (equal to playing an INVERTED_pulseXXXX.mp3 file)
- Avoid CLIPPING the microphone, this could corrupt the measurement.
- Adjust the threshold, so the checker doesn't get triggered by background noise.
- Try to measure one speaker at a time. If possible mute all other sound sources.
When measuring "passive filtered" speaker cabinets (for instance when you've got one amplifier driving your low and high speaker at the same time), it can be useful to select a frequency dependent pulse to isolate the speaker you want to measure.
If you like this app, please comment and rate. If you've got any questions, bugs or feature requests, please visit the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PolarityChecker
- RECORD_AUDIO: To use the mic input of the device
- STORAGE: Needed to copy the pulse files to the sdcard
- FULL INTERNET ACCESS: Needed for Ads (not used when donation key is purchased)
- VIEW NETWORK STATE: Needed for Ads (not used when donation key is purchased)
Search tags: popper, pop, plopper, sine, inwards, outwards, cancellation, stereo, positive, negative, reverse
No Shoes Radio: Get live streaming access to No Shoes Radio, Kenny's internet (and now mobile) radio station! Fans can access Kenny’s musical world beyond his hits and “capture the vibe at the tailgate parties, the backstage hallways and the unguarded moments on his tour.” No Shoes Radio includes live performances, dressing room jams and tunes from Kenny’s iPod ranging from reggae, classic and contemporary rock and everything in between. With a set of headphones or a cheap audio cord, you’re ready to take No Shoes Radio with you around town, on your stereo, in your car, on your boat... Wherever you roam, your soundtrack on No Shoes Radio is coming too.
Touring: View tour dates, purchase tickets, invite friends to come along, use the iPhone GPS to get directions and even set your own countdown.
Merchandise: Browse official Kenny Chesney items, from t-shirts to stickers and guitar picks, and buy them with ease.
News: Get the latest info on all things Kenny, including exclusive updates and links to Kenny’s official Facebook, and MySpace.
Twitter: Track updates to Kenny's personal Twitter account, access the No Shoes Radio tweets, and read what other Kenny fans are tweeting about. The app comes complete with an integrated Twitter client, so you can tweet directly from the app with your personal account... without interrupting No Shoes Radio. Jump in and join in the conversation!
Media: See the latest photos and videos from Kenny and listen to your favorite Chesney hits. Check out the fan photos and your Kenny cover songs from YouTube. You can also purchase music and videos direct through the iTunes store.
There are many more features and surprises for you to discover in the Official Kenny Chesney app.
As a gift to the incredible fans who make the music possible, we invite you to share Kenny’s favorite music on No Shoes Radio, customize your background to make the app your own, and enjoy the many features and functions on one of the most innovative apps around... All for free.
Internet Connection Recommended:
This app is designed to be updated often. To make sure you have the most recent photos, videos, news, and more, close and open the app to refresh.
First, make sure you are connected to the internet
In News and Socialize, be up-to-date on all things related to SunFest--latest news posts, social posts from SunFest and all their fans, as well as the official SunFest Instagram feed!
The SunFest app for 2015 is here! Dive on in!
In News and Socialize, be up-to-date on all things related to Empire--latest news posts, social posts from Empire and all their fans, as well as the official Empire Instagram feed!
The Empire Music Festival app for 2015 is here! Dive on in!
Share your location with your friends! Sometimes its hard meeting up with everyone at a jam-packed music festival, especially in the bustle of the streets of Miami. With the Friend Finder feature, users can let their friends know exactly where they are on a map of Miami! Sharing doesn't stop there -- users can also let their friend's see their own personal schedule of events! Coordinating meet-ups and shows with other people has never been easier!
In News and Socialize, be up-to-date on all things related to Ultra--latest news posts, social posts from Ultra and all their fans, as well as the official Ultra Instagram feed!
With the Ultra Camera, take a picture of your favorite act or experience and share it with all your friends straight from the app! You can even share it to Instagram!
The Ultra app for 2014 is here! Enjoy!!!
View the complete schedule for festival events, create your own personalized schedule and follow participants and their special events. Use the app to navigate the Culinary Village, find events with tickets still available and discover helpful points of interest throughout the festival. Connect for the latest news on social media, pop-up alerts and all things Charleston Wine + Food.
Considered the most helpful new addition to the festival landscape in 2014 in our reader’s survey, savor the decade of festival fun with the most resourceful and up-to-date tool we have.
Download the BB&T Charleston Wine + Food app for your 2015 festival today!
Feeling lost? Take a gander at the Map section to view the locations of all the competitions, performances, and other events and vendors.
In News and Socialize, be up-to-date on all things related to X Games--latest news posts, social posts from X Games and all their fans, as well as the official X Games Instagram feed!
The X Games Aspen app for 2015 is here! Dive on in!
This magical app will enhance your experience at Backwoods Music Festival.
Use it to:
• View the entire performance and artist schedule
• Listen to our free Backwoods Artist Radio
• Create a personalized schedule of acts you want to see at Backwoods
• Stay current with news and lineup announcements
• See everything people post with the official #BackwoodsMF hashtag
• View the map of the venue grounds
• Find food, activities, and retailers at Backwoods.
• Get answers to frequently asked questions
• Plan your Route 66 Road Trip
We can't wait to see you this year. We have a lot of special things in store, and more is added every day. Bring your good vibes and join us for our biggest and best year yet!
Good Music. Good People. Good Times.
In the News section, be up-to-date on all things related to Mayhem--latest news posts, social posts from Mayhem, as well as the official Mayhem Fest Instagram feed!
With the Mayhem Camera, take a picture of your favorite act or experience and share it with all your friends straight from the app! You can even share it to Instagram!
The Mayhem Festival Tour app for 2014 is here! Dive on in!
In News and Socialize, be up-to-date on all things related to X Games Austin--latest news posts, social posts from X Games Austin and all their fans.
The X Games Austin app for 2014 is here! Dive on in!