Mars texture from planetpixelemporium.com
Geographic location data from planetarynames.wr.usgs.gov
I pruned the location data a bit to avoid clutter - there are 560 geographic locations:
-all albedo features
-craters with mean diameter > 50km
-other features with mean diameter > 150km
Requires OpenGL 2
Made with JME3, see jmonkeyengine.org
This app offers exciting ways to take part in discovery and learn about NASA's Mars missions.
What's New in Version 2.0
· Universal support for Android phones and tablet devices
· New design for Android phone and tablet devices
· Mars rover Curiosity's raw images
· See the latest mission images of our spacecraft and those returned from the Red Planet
· Learn about Mars and all the active missions
· Ask us a question about Mars
· Get up-to-the-minute news
· Check out behind-the-scenes videos featuring people on the missions
· Mars rover Curiosity's raw images
Learn more about Be A Martian at: http://BeAMartian.jpl.nasa.gov and visit NASA’s Mars Exploration Program website: http://mars.nasa.gov .
• High-resolution 3D topographic model of Mars.
• Use simple gestures to control zoom, pan, rotation and tilt of your Mars view.
• Create stunning images from any angle and zoom.
• Choose from a variety of color schemes to provide impressive renderings of any part of the surface of the Mars.
• Color schemes include
⁃ Satellite imagery, actual NASA satellite imagery
⁃ Yellow, dusty array of colors
⁃ Red, layers of colors in the red range
⁃ Vivid, strong colors with lots of contrast
⁃ Layers, many different color ranges that give the terrain contours
⁃ Terra form, colors that imitate what would happen as if the planet were being terraformed
• Tour over 80 important features including Landing sites, Mountains, Canyons, Craters, Plains.
• Also over 1000 other labeled locations
• Use the exaggeration option to increase difference between the high and low points on Mars. This exaggeration helps to emphasize the true beauty and extremes of the terrain on a planetary scale.
• Use the info window to display the imaginary amount of water area and volume on Mars and watch it change dynamically as you alter the water level.
• Adjust an imaginary sea level and amount of water on the Mars, watching it flood or drain areas of the terrain based on its elevation.
• Share your high resolution imagery with friends via email, messaging, Facebook etc.
• Direct links to Wikipedia information about the current location.
• Help documentation included in app.
• Full 3D navigation - View Mars from any angle.
• Choose from a number of color palettes.
• Display satellite imagery.
• Control the colors displayed at different elevations.
• Increase and decrease the exaggeration of the elevation.
• Show how Mars would look with water from Earth's oceans and seas.
• Learn about the water held in ice and rock.
You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
1) 3-D can reduce or enlarge the planet.
2) The auto-rotate feature and the user can rotate the 3-D planets.
3) Wiki conjunction with information about the solar system's planets are visible.
Martian time does not only compute the major martian time definitions but also provides Solar and Terran longitudes, latitudes, hour angles, azimuths and altitudes, etc, for selected landmarks as if observed on Mars.
In addition, a full set of Mars ephemerides with reference to Earth is computed for real-time. Select one from 12 available surface map textures for the rotatable Mars globe and popular landmarks from a list of approximately 50 locations, including rover sites.
Martian Time employs the algorithm of Mars24, a Java applet developed by NASA/GISS and is therefore believed to be highly accurate provided your phone's time and timezone are set correctly.
* Local Time/Phone System Time
* Universal Time, GMT or UTC
* Coordinated Mars Time, MTC
* Local Mean Zone Time, LMZT
* Local Mean Solar Time, LMST
* Local true Solar Time, LTST
* Definitions for Mars times
* Twelve surface map textures
* Approx. 50 landmarks with data and images
- Day & night terminator map
- Position of Sun and Earth
- Martian local Sunrise & sunset times
- longitude, latitude
- azimuth, altitude
- hour angle, sidereal time, etc.
* Mars ephemerides
* Mars elongation chart
* 3D-Mars space view
* 3D-Earth view as seen from Mars
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
This application is believed to be reliable and accurate, however, errors inherent to the human factor or operating system implementation cannot be ruled out entirely.
1. This application is designed for phones and is "tablet-friendly" in portrait mode.
2. Please appreciate that the author cannot purchase all hardware and provider contracts for the large number of Android devices currently on the market. Please be so kind as to send a report preferably with screen snap should you encounter any layout issues.
3. This application requires Android 2.1 or higher and a display which is to the Android standard.
4. This application operates in portrait mode only.
5. Please contact the author, if you have any pre-sales questions.
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android deviceº at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart's features include:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Voice Control: Explore the solar system with commands like: "Fly me to the Moon" / "Go to Saturn" / "Tour Mars" / "Look at Andromeda" / "Where is the Cigar Galaxy?"[English only]
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your Android device at any angle.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 120,000 stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes entire Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature allows you to shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Full search feature
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Star Chart is published by Escape Velocity Ltd and developed by Escapist Games Ltd. We update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp
º Augmented Reality (AR) mode only available if your device supports it, as this feature requires a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
* Star Chart does not require internet access for normal usage. Internet access is only required initially to verify the license and subsequently when accessing the support page and external links.
Please look forward to interacting with even more iconic NASA missions in future updates!
This app requires a camera.
A fully 3D model of the Milky Way Galaxy map - you can rotate, zoom and move the galaxy in any direction.
Information about all the known arms (Far 3kpc, Near 3kpc, Norma-Outer, Orion, Perseus, Sagittarius, Scutum-Crux) and the Galactic Core is displayed when the user touches the respective structure.
From the galaxy overview, you can check the local stellar neighbourhood (The Solar System, Sirius, Epsilon Eridani, Alpha Centauri, etc) by switching to the sector scene, a 10 parsec cube. Touching a star will open up an info panel containing details about the selected star. You can visit all the 72000 sectors in the database, totalling 142.278 known stars.
★ Options Menu ★
- can toggle star names on/off in the sector scene
- can modify the star population (reducing results in an increase in FPS performance)
- can show an FPS counter in the bottom right corner of the screen
★ Information ★
This is the mobile version revamp of the galaxy map from http://www.3dgalaxymap.com/Galaxy
Inspired by the NASA annotated artist's concept from https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/multimedia/display.cfm?IM_ID=8083
Currently contains the first two scenes - the Galaxy and Sector Scene. The following major updates are programmed to be released:
A search system to retrieve any star by type, name, class. Adding neutron stars (pulsars, magnetars) and black holes.
The System Scene will grant the user the possibility to explore all the exoplanets discovered so far, and have a closer look at the solar system with its planets and dwarf planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto.
Keywords: galaxy, astronomy, star, map, chart, space, orion, milky way, solar, sun, galactic center, spiral arm
IF YOU DON'T HAVE YOU ANDROID DEVICE **ROOTED** YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE TANK. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST!
Rover Spy Tank Controller is an improved implementation of RoverOpen developed by Anne van Rossum, like RoverOpen, it also can be used to remotely control the AC13 Rover robot by the Brookstone® Company.
**Rover Spy Tank Controller is not developed by Brookstone®**, this application is developed by me and is part of an academic research project and does not come with any warranty.
This application is designed for larger screens, especially for tablets, but you can still use it on small screens.
The current version includes:
- Move the robot in all directions with a very precise
- Change Joystick sensitivity.
- Switch video and image resolution.
- Night vision.
- Capture images and store to SD Card.
- Capture images for recognition and Object learning (Not fully implemented).
**IMPORTANT: This application requires your Android device to connect to ad-hoc networks. By default this feature is not available in the Android Operating system, so you will need Root access to modify some internal files to enable ad-hoc mode (Google it, “Enable ad-hoc Android”). A second option is the application ZT-180 Adhoc Switcher, you can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=HAL9000 and it also requires Root access. **Read carefully the instructions**.
NOTE: If your device comes with ad-hoc capability or Google enables this feature on Android in the near future, root access is not necessary.
This application is intended to demonstrate the infinite possibilities of modern devices. It can be used for Academic purposes, research, or just for fun. For that reason, I create a basic LIBRARY in Java that can be used to communicate with the robot using a computer or other devices capable of run Java code and connect to ad-hoc networks. You can find the library and a basic implementation here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ac13javalibrary/.
Enjoy controlling and developing!!!
Youtube Video will be available soon.
Discover stunning images and videos of space, stars and planets -- including Earth and the sun! -- at your fingertips with the Space Images app from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a leader in robotic exploration of the solar system.
NASA/JPL's Space Images app offers a unique view of the sky via hundreds of images taken by spacecraft studying planets, stars, galaxies, weather on Earth and more. Save to your device as backgrounds or wallpaper and share them with friends on Facebook, Twitter and email as you scan through our extensive photo albums and rate your favorites.
The Space Images app works together with NASAJPL’s newly launched Space Images website at http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/jplimages, so you can always have a view of space on the go (via Android, iPhone, and iPad) or at your desk.
· Discover the latest science images and videos of planets, stars, galaxies, weather and more
· Share photos and videos with friends on Facebook and Twitter
· Rate photos and check out which ones make the Top Rated list
· Choose the best space images and keep them handy in the Favorites folder
· Search for images or browse by categories -- now including Editor’s Pick!
· Access full captions for more on scientific discoveries, NASA spacecraft and missions
· Save images to your mobile device as backgrounds and wallpapers
★ Staff Favorite on iTunes (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
★ Top Free App in the AppStore Education category (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
- Move your mobile device around and see the environment as if you were holding a camera.
- You can use your fingers to pan around or zoom in- and out.
- Tap the screen to see the hotspots (if any). Tapping the hotspots will move you to that location.
- To prevent screen rotation keep your finger on the screen while turning the device.