Mars texture from planetpixelemporium.com
Geographic location data from planetarynames.wr.usgs.gov
I pruned the location data a bit to avoid clutter - there are 560 geographic locations:
-all albedo features
-craters with mean diameter > 50km
-other features with mean diameter > 150km
Requires OpenGL 2
Made with JME3, see jmonkeyengine.org
• High-resolution 3D topographic model of Mars.
• Use simple gestures to control zoom, pan, rotation and tilt of your Mars view.
• Create stunning images from any angle and zoom.
• Choose from a variety of color schemes to provide impressive renderings of any part of the surface of the Mars.
• Color schemes include
⁃ Satellite imagery, actual NASA satellite imagery
⁃ Yellow, dusty array of colors
⁃ Red, layers of colors in the red range
⁃ Vivid, strong colors with lots of contrast
⁃ Layers, many different color ranges that give the terrain contours
⁃ Terra form, colors that imitate what would happen as if the planet were being terraformed
• Tour over 80 important features including Landing sites, Mountains, Canyons, Craters, Plains.
• Also over 1000 other labeled locations
• Use the exaggeration option to increase difference between the high and low points on Mars. This exaggeration helps to emphasize the true beauty and extremes of the terrain on a planetary scale.
• Use the info window to display the imaginary amount of water area and volume on Mars and watch it change dynamically as you alter the water level.
• Adjust an imaginary sea level and amount of water on the Mars, watching it flood or drain areas of the terrain based on its elevation.
• Share your high resolution imagery with friends via email, messaging, Facebook etc.
• Direct links to Wikipedia information about the current location.
• Help documentation included in app.
• Full 3D navigation - View Mars from any angle.
• Choose from a number of color palettes.
• Display satellite imagery.
• Control the colors displayed at different elevations.
• Increase and decrease the exaggeration of the elevation.
• Show how Mars would look with water from Earth's oceans and seas.
• Learn about the water held in ice and rock.
This app offers exciting ways to take part in discovery and learn about NASA's Mars missions.
What's New in Version 2.0
· Universal support for Android phones and tablet devices
· New design for Android phone and tablet devices
· Mars rover Curiosity's raw images
· See the latest mission images of our spacecraft and those returned from the Red Planet
· Learn about Mars and all the active missions
· Ask us a question about Mars
· Get up-to-the-minute news
· Check out behind-the-scenes videos featuring people on the missions
· Mars rover Curiosity's raw images
Learn more about Be A Martian at: http://BeAMartian.jpl.nasa.gov and visit NASA’s Mars Exploration Program website: http://mars.nasa.gov .
1) 3-D can reduce or enlarge the planet.
2) The auto-rotate feature and the user can rotate the 3-D planets.
3) Wiki conjunction with information about the solar system's planets are visible.
You can now have a virtual planetarium in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your Android device to see a virtual window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your Android deviceº at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe, and all of the latest high tech functionality, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star and planet visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart's features include:
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Voice Control: Explore the solar system with commands like: "Fly me to the Moon" / "Go to Saturn" / "Tour Mars" / "Look at Andromeda" / "Where is the Cigar Galaxy?"[English only]
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your Android device at any angle.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of over 120,000 stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes entire Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature allows you to shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Full search feature
So point your Android device at the sky and see what's out there!
Star Chart is published by Escape Velocity Ltd and developed by Escapist Games Ltd. We update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to email@example.com.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp
º Augmented Reality (AR) mode only available if your device supports it, as this feature requires a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
* Star Chart does not require internet access for normal usage. Internet access is only required initially to verify the license and subsequently when accessing the support page and external links.
Navigate through planets and their moons in 3D mode.
The position and orbits of the planets are real according to date and time.
The size and orbits of planets are real (but in small scale).
Turn you phone to the sky and watch the Stars, Constelations and Planets.
Many thanks to Torrence Griffin for the beautiful music.
Discover stunning images and videos of space, stars and planets -- including Earth and the sun! -- at your fingertips with the Space Images app from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a leader in robotic exploration of the solar system.
NASA/JPL's Space Images app offers a unique view of the sky via hundreds of images taken by spacecraft studying planets, stars, galaxies, weather on Earth and more. Save to your device as backgrounds or wallpaper and share them with friends on Facebook, Twitter and email as you scan through our extensive photo albums and rate your favorites.
The Space Images app works together with NASAJPL’s newly launched Space Images website at http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/jplimages, so you can always have a view of space on the go (via Android, iPhone, and iPad) or at your desk.
· Discover the latest science images and videos of planets, stars, galaxies, weather and more
· Share photos and videos with friends on Facebook and Twitter
· Rate photos and check out which ones make the Top Rated list
· Choose the best space images and keep them handy in the Favorites folder
· Search for images or browse by categories -- now including Editor’s Pick!
· Access full captions for more on scientific discoveries, NASA spacecraft and missions
· Save images to your mobile device as backgrounds and wallpapers
★ Staff Favorite on iTunes (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
★ Top Free App in the AppStore Education category (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
Try and explore the space and travel to the mars with our exciting app...
- Over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- Current visible passes for other missions (Fermi, Hinode, Hubble...)
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- Schedule for NASA TV and NASA-Related Programming on Other TV Channels
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
- 5 star rating system for images and videos with top rated list
– Live streaming data from the ISS onboard systems and mission timelines
– Crew and Science timelines with individual crewmember, social media, and international science experiment details
– Console displays with live streaming systems data and educational material to describe how the ISS works
– Virtual Mission Control Center is a 3D replica of the MCC in Houston, TX organized to describe how the mission control team supporting the ISS work
– Links to the five International Partner Space Agencies mission information
– Educational lessons that interact with the live streaming system data accessible through the website link
ISSLive!: ISS Mission Control in Your Pocket
International Space Station Live! or ISSLive! includes a website and mobile applications that tie ISS streaming systems data and operational timelines into one “Rich Internet Application (RIA)” experience. The application offers data on real time parameters such as station position, internal environment, altitude, payload rack science activities and other interesting data and crew activities. ISSLive! ties this data into an interactive application which includes the latest social media feeds.
ISSLive! contains a scrollable timeline, with a ‘public-friendly’ view of crew and payload activities. It uses some of the latest interactive web content technologies, including 3D interactive virtual views of the MCC and ISS. ISSLive! is a “one-stop shop” for ISS data, letting users in on the fascinating activities that happen daily onboard the ISS.
Working with the NASA Education Office, ISSLive! content serves as the basis for development of interactive lessons in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. ISSLive! is also a resource for the space enthusiast, the educator, and the life-long learner to participate in the mission of the ISS.
Your kids can experience the wildlife as if the animals were there.
It features pictures of domestic and wild animals from all over the world.
Your kids can have their own zoo, and listen to the different noises the animals make.
It also has a soundboard functionality, that can make your stories even more immerse by including a animal sound.
Just touch the image of the speaker and the animal sound starts.
It's great for a teacher/parent/relative, or anyone taking care of kids.
★ ★ ★ Some uses ★ ★ ★
★ Your own guessing games.
★ Telling stories with images and sounds.
★ Teach your child animals
★ Teach your child animal sounds
★ Kindergarten / School
★ ★ ★ Features ★ ★ ★
✔ 20 high quality images and sounds.
✔ Pinch-zoom, Double tap zoom
✔ Gallery mode
✔ Soundboard mode
✔ Support for portrait, landscape, and the vast majority of tablets/phones when viewing the pictures.
✔ Settings: Full screen (Hides notification bar) & hiding descriptive names.
✔ Adjustable volume with visual representation
✔ Simple, yet effective design for viewing the animal photos.
★ ★ ★ How to use ★ ★ ★
- Select gallery (click on the animal displayed), wait and start interacting with the images
- Touch the small image with volume icon on it, to play the sound
- No sound? Remember to check the volume on your device.
- Click on the white four squares in the gallery to quickly switch to soundboard (the square tiles).
- Touch picture of speaker for sound
- Click on the icon next to the three squares when in soundboard mode (the square tiles) to go to gallery again.
- Click on the three squares to open other options, such as Settings, About and Attributions.
★ ★ ★ Known issues ★ ★ ★
- All pictures does not work properly on Galaxy Nexus
- A few devices may experience weird behavior, or malfunction due to memory
✔ Any feedback/requests/bugs/help/etc can be sent to my email. Will respond as quickly as possible.
★ ★ ★ Included animals (images and sounds) ★ ★ ★