PPD e-Prescription App is exclusively designed for and available to doctors and dentists in the Philippines. It provides rapid access to drug information as well as convenient and safe issuing of electronic prescriptions.
This app serves as a drug reference to enhance their knowledge of the drugs they want to prescribe and assist them in their clinical decision-making. A breakthrough feature of the app is the electronic prescription! With e-prescription, instead of the traditional way of prescribing using a pen and paper, the healthcare professional can now prescribe to a patient using the app.
Benefits of e-Prescription:
• Eliminates manual prescription
• Easy retrieval of prescriptions for record-keeping
• No risk of forgetting or losing prescriptions when buying at the drugstore
• Improved readability of contents & instructions in the prescription
• Minimizes dispensing errors
• Hastens medication reconciliation process
• Advocates interprofessional collaboration
OTHER FEATURES OF THE PPD e-Prescription App:
• Regularly updated information on a wide range of products including prescription drugs, OTC drugs, vaccines, and supplements, supported by over 25 years of medical publishing.
• Search drugs by brand, generic, therapeutic class, disease and company.
• Easily find drugs with the autocomplete feature.
• Access dosing information for adults, children, elderly, and special populations.
• Know if a drug is safe during pregnancy with the FDA Pregnancy Risk Categories.
• Detect drug interactions before you can even prescribe.
• Make your patients more knowledgeable about their medicine with the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL).
• Find the available forms and prices of drugs.
• Monitor your patients’ previous and current medications with the Patient Records feature.