It's created by Cybercom Poland for pilots, aviation passionates and people who need accurate weather information. We are a high-tech software consulting company located in Poland. We create software for connected world. Find out more at: http://www.cybercom.pl/
- Database provides above 4000 airports with details like location, elevation, type of airport, using radio frequencies, departures and arrivals;
- METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
- Marking airports on a map with different colors and icons depending on the weather and type of airport
- CloudView to visualise cloud layers.
- METARs history
- Setting pages with fully customized to your preferences units
- Searching for airports by ICAO, IATA, City, Country or Name
- Dashboard with your favorite airports
- Nearby airports
- Customizable flight's categories (VFR,MVFR,IFR,LIFR)
FAQ: (updated for Wearable and Backup/Restore support!) http://goo.gl/VAMzij
Metam is everything you've wanted for your global aviation weather needs and more:
1. At its core, you create lists of airports important to you, either individual, or along a flight path. Display their METARs in parsed or raw format, access color highlighted TAFs quickly, cryptic Snowtams are decoded for you into plain language, access NOTAMs and forecasts efficiently.
2. Metam offers a side menu full of aviation weather charts and imagery. Current observations, forecasts, flight level winds and temperatures, satellite, radar, operations and more.
3. You can now overlay global METAR, SIGMET, G-AIRMET and CWA data onto maps (Android 3.0+ only). Also radar/precipitation or IR satellite. Also, you can now enter custom ceiling and visibility minimums to quickly see airports that meet your personal or company visibility/ceiling requirements. Tap on any airport or overlay to get the full METAR/TAF/TEXT for that airport/overlay.
4. Need quick access to raw METARs and TAFs on your Wearable? As of version 4, this is supported too. Use "OK Google, start Aviation Weather"!
Metam is and will remain 100% ad free and uses the minimum of permissions to get you what you need. In-app purchase is only included to offer the user a method to donate, if they choose. Using Holo UI, Metam offers a comfortable, familiar experience compatible on devices back to Android 2.3 (except Maps, which requires 3.0 and up).
Weather charts included with Metam:
UNITED STATES (most ADDS products):
* Advisories: SIGMET and Oceanic SIGMET
* Observations: Composite map, PIREP map, METAR map, Satellite, Radar
* Forecasts: Surface Prognostic Charts, Upper Air charts (wind & temps), AIRMET charts, Graphical Turbulence Guidance
ALASKA AVIATION UNIT:
* Hourly observations, graphical forecasts, SigWX charts
* Observations: Static and animated satellite, regional satellite
* Forecasts:European Surface, Europe SigWX/Upper Air, Canada/North Atlantic, Upper Air Wind/Temp, 24 hour SigWX
* Products: US Airport& Airspace Status, Daily North Atlantic Tracks Graphics
Why use Metam?
* Airport input flexibility: Individual airport listings (NZCH WSSS EGLL) or flight path listing (KJFK-KSFO)
Supports IATA: Use IATA code (LHR, JFK) if you prefer
* Flight path input lists all airports along the great circle route within 10 NM of the flight path, supports multiple airport waypoints (airports only, no navaids)
* Four different weather list formats: Formatted weather, METAR only, TAF only or METAR & TAF listings
* Long-press on an airport for: Six hour METAR history, sunset/rise times, show nearby airports and more
* Multiple cloud layer display: Metam shows up to three reported cloud layers
* NOTAM: Cached for offline use, parsed effective times (Android 2.3 and up only)
* Global airport database: Look up ICAO by airport name
* Snowtam decoder: Snowtam codes in plain language
* Widgets: Single airport with raw METAR or parsed.
* METAR & TAF Highlighting:Color codes raw METAR and TAF text
* Displayed unit choices: User chooses
* Ad Free: Metam will never include ads
Precise location: nearby airports
Read/modify/delete USB storage: Google Maps required
Network access/view network connections: download data
Read Google service: Google Maps required
Google Play billing: In-app donation (optional)
Metam User group:
A Widget which can be configured to display either decoded or raw METAR is also available.
New weather stations can be found worldwide by ICAO or IATA-Codes, airport name or city.
On Android 5+ the app uses a modern Material design.
Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
This Lite version is restricted to 6 stations on the dashboard at any one time.
A Pro version is available and contains additional functionality including:
* Desktop widget(s)
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Auto refreshing.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
This app is not designed to search for cities or towns; to get weather information you need to put in the ICAO airport/base identifier. These are four letter identifiers like KMDT (Middletown, PA), PAKN (King Salmon, AK), and KIAD (Dulles, VA). Or put in IATA identifiers, which are three letter identifiers like IAD (Dulles, VA).
Lastly, since this app is a pet project so there are no guarantees. If you find any bugs or have suggestions for new features feel free to e-mail me.
- NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking and map-based weather alerts. Uses the state-of-the-art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies
- Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be
- See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
- Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
- Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico
- High-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
- Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
- NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
- Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
- Display Fronts, Highs and Lows on the interactive map.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company which includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
The PRO version contains additional functionality beyond the Lite version including:
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* Auto refreshing.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The Pro version has free upgrades for the life of the product.
The price of the Pro version may increase as more functionality is added, so it's worth considering buying early!
If you have any enhancements that you would like to see included in the Pro version, please email us.
There is also a Lite version of AirReport available.
Please Note - we can't respond to comments posted on the market; PLEASE EMAIL US... we may be able to help you quickly! and it's always great to hear from people who use the app.
Thanks to all who donated to me by buying this version of Metar Widget. But it now goes free as it will not receive anymore support / updates. Thanks again. Fly safe.
Metar Widget Donate is a simple app that allows you to check METARs in a blink right from your homescreen.
Features of Metar Widget Donate:
features of free version:
- METARs from your favorite airport on homescreen
- quick access to latest METARS and TAFs from widget
- quick access to aviation weather website from METARs/TAFs list
- 2 extra widgets (4x2 and 4x1) displaying raw metar data ( Simple and Tiny widget).
- choose your own widget background/text color and transparency.
- 4 different prest widget backgrounds to choose from
- Save up to 5 airports to browse through on widget
- access PIREPs right from widget
- 5 different list colors
- possibility to search for airfields/airports offering METARs within 50NM of the airfield/airport of your choice.
!! depending on your Android version and/or launcher :
- download and install
- long press on homescreen -> add widget->Metar Widget
-go to app drawer -> select widget on top of screen->scroll to Metar Widget->long press to add to homescreen
*** IMPORTANT : Metar Widget IS NOT AN APPLICATION INTENDED TO USED FOR FLIGHT PLANNING BUT ONLY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES.
Please don't forget to rate my app ! Thank you.
Ao contrário dos outros aplicativos, as mensagens de METAR e TAF e os NOTAMs são consultados diretamente nos sites oficiais Brasileiros, retornando sempre dados atualizados e em tempo real, independente do aeródromo ser nacional ou internacional.
*** Leia antes de Avaliar ***
O aplicativo depende das informações disponíveis nos sites oficiais para funcionar corretamente. Se por algum motivo o aplicativo não conseguir realizar a conexão, nenhum dado poderá ser exibido.
As mensagems de METAR e TAF são consultadas através de uma plataforma (API) disponibilizada pelo REDEMET, porém os outros recursos precisam ser extraídos de partes específicas de determinada página dos órgãos oficiais. Constantemente estas páginas são atualizadas e o conteúdo sofre alteração, o que impede o correto funcionamento do aplicativo até que o mesmo seja atualizado.
Caso encontre algum problema no aplicativo, realize estas 2 pequenas etapas antes de fazer uma avaliação negativa:
1 - Tente novamente mais tarde, provavelmente o recurso não funcionou devido a falha de conexão ou por indisponibilidade do serviço.
2 - Caso o problema persista, em contato conosco através do email email@example.com informando qual recurso não funcionou (METAR, TAF, NOTAM, SIGWX, etc.), vamos procurar resolver o problema o mais rápido possível.
Exemplo de indisponibilidade de serviço (REDEMET):
Enquanto o REDEMET está indisponível as consultas são realizadas no NOAA. Por ser um órgão estrangeiro, os dados dos aeródromos nacionais demoram para atualizar.
Histórico de atualizações:
Versão 1.8 (10/10/2014)
- Inclusão de imagens do IPMET - Radar Bauru e Presidente Prudente.
Versão 1.7 (07/09/2014)
- Inclusão de imagens de superfície e satélite NOAA
Versão 1.6 (03/12/2013)
- Correção da pesquisa da imagem de nevoeiro, agora utilizando GOES 13.
Versão 1.5 (03/12/2013)
- Correção de bug durante exibição de mensagem de erro;
- Melhorias na performance durante a consulta de dados.
Versão 1.4 (02/12/2013)
- Timeout (tempo limite de pesquisa) alterado de 30 para 90 segundos.
Versão 1.3 (08/02/2013)
- Correção de bug (crash) quando a pesquisa demorava mais que 30 segundos para retornar os dados.
Versão 1.2 (02/01/2013)
- Adicionado Imagens de Radar do Simepar - Paraná
Versão 1.1 (02/01/2013)
- Adicionado SIGWX.
Versão 1.0 (01/01/2013)
- Adicionado Imagem de Satélite - Nevoeiro.
Versão 0.9 (06/12/2012)
- Correção de bugs reportados por usuários.
Versão 0.8 (04/12/2012)
- Correção de bug na exibição das imagens de satélite (para android < 3.0)
Versão 0.7 (04/12/2012)
- Imagens de Satélite;
- Correção de bug e melhoria na interface da exibição de NOTAM's.
Versão 0.6 (04/12/2012)
- Exibe a situação do aerodromo consultado (VFR, MVFR ou IFR).
Versão 0.5 (01/12/2012)
- Consulta de NOTAMs.
Versão 0.4 (30/11/2012)
- Correção de bug;
- Compartilhar mensagens.
Versão 0.3 (30/11/2012)
- Histórico de pesquisas.
Versão 0.2 (29/11/2012)
- Nova interface (nativa do Android).
Versão 0.1 (26/11/2012)
- Consulta de Metar/TAF.
Takeoff is the only aviation weather app to understand that you want to fly safe, in weather that YOU feel comfortable with. Takeoff gives easy-to-see, color-coded warnings and information based on your own personal minimums; Takeoff understands what the sky looks like to you, not to some computer. Combining accurate and reliable data from official sources, Takeoff is a trusted tool used by pilots the world over.
Takeoff makes it easy to find the airport you need
• Find airports near your current location using GPS
• Find airports along a route
• Find airports in a region
• Save a list of your favorite airports for quick access
With list and map-based views of the weather, Takeoff gives you a high level view in any region instantly.
TAKEOFF KEEPS YOU SAFE
75% of fatal weather-related accidents start with pilots voluntarily flying into poor weather. Takeoff helps you to easily and reliably understand if the weather is right for YOU. Get personalized warnings based on cloud ceilings, visibility, total winds, runway crosswinds temperatures, dew point spread, density altitude, and more! By providing clear warnings based on your personal minimums, Takeoff helps you stay disciplined and keeps you from becoming a statistic.
Find what you want without hassle:
• Personalized METAR reports
• Color-coded TAF display
• NOTAMs for airports around the globe
• METAR History
• Winds Aloft, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and PIREPs (U.S. Only)
• Hundreds of weather Graphics, including Animated Radar
• AF/D Page (U.S. Only)
• Metric and Imperial unit support
TAKEOFF SAVES YOU TIME
Takeoff calculates crosswinds for every runway and gives personalized warnings based on limits dictated by YOU. Takeoff even provides shortcuts to common websites to allow you to quickly file flight plans and look up TFRs.
EASILY LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Simply enable Time Machine with a tap, and drag a slider through time to watch how your airports weather reports change based on forecasts.
IDEAL FOR THE COCKPIT
Takeoff keeps the most recent reports ready and available on your device, so that you always have the information you need, even when you’re offline!
SYNCS TO YOUR DEVICES
With Takeoff Sync, you can synchronize all your devices to keep you safe and up to date wherever you are—absolutely free.
TRUSTED BY PILOTS. DEVELOPED BY PILOTS.
Takeoff was developed by pilots like you, who understand what information you need to fly safely.
⚠ Takeoff relies on NOAA METAR and TAF reports. Airports must report METAR/TAF information in order for Takeoff to provide reports. Takeoff is not a substitute for official flight planning and weather information, and by using Takeoff, you agree not to hold the developers liable for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations. ⚠
Aviation Weather Graphics offers the most comprehensive set of aviation weather graphics for pilots, including:
- Surface Analysis
- Winds and Temperatures
- Icing Levels
- Static Radar
- Low/Mid/High-Level SIGWX
- Constant Pressure
- NOAA Forecasts
- Flight Category
Separate categories provide very detailed graphics for:
- United States (provided by the NOAA by region)
- North Pole
- South Pole
If you would like to see more graphics added, just drop us an email. If you like the ForeFlight Imagery tab, you'll love Aviation Weather Graphics!
and it is FREE!
List your operational airports.
Quickly check current METAR conditions.
Be informed - install Aero METAR today.
- METAR available decoded and raw format.
- Add airports by Name, ICAO and IATA code.
- Auto Refreshed every 15 minutes.
- Uses low internet bandwidth.
- Intuitive layout and design.
App has been developed by RocketRoute one of the worlds most innovative flight planning app companies. For more information visit www.rocketroute.com.
This simple app is the answer. It contains an offline database for the IATA and ICAO codes of thousands of airports, airlines and aircraft types.
The ICAO/IATA code database is already incorporated in the app as a file so you don't need to be online or to install a huge amount of data.
How it works: Search by ICAO code, IATA code or Name and the other fields are shown automatically
Airport Information: ICAO/IATA code, Name, City, Country.
Airline information: ICAO/IATA code, Name, Callsign, Country
Aircraft information: ICAO/IATA code, Name, Manufacturer, Wake category.
For any comment or suggestion please contact me via email.