Model tested: Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab.
** This application is a just ONLY shortcut menu. If your device DOES NOT SUPPORT Mobile AP (Wi-Fi hotspot) and USB tethering, the menu DOES NOT WORK.
** SC-02B, SC-01C: Mobile AP and USB tethering is disabled by default.
** Please use tethering function at your own risk.
1. This is Widget, not App, if you install it, you should go to Launcher(press Home), Menu->Add->Widget. Android Market OPEN button won't work.
2. Some devices does not support TETHERING. This mean that there's no way to have my widget working. Please read tutorial before installing.
3. Some devices require password. Please follow this link:
http://wp.me/p4cabV-k it might help.
4. Again, this is Widget which helps use Tethering, not featuring your phone with it.
Your phone acts as a WiFi access point, and you can then share easily your 3G/4G internet access to any other WiFi device.
THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION, YOU MUST MANUALLY ADD THE WIDGET TO THE HOME SCREEN.
The widget is able to restore the previous WiFi state when you stop sharing your 3G/4G connection.
The widget can be configured to stop automatically the connection sharing.
Need a direct link to the Tether Android installation (APK) file?
Looking for the Premium version of ClockworkMod Tether? It is a $4.99 in app purchase, no additional download necessary!
ClockworkMod Tether does not require root on your phone and does not require a separate tethering plan. Tether should work with any carrier and phone and does not require a carrier's tethering plan. To get around the root requirement on your phone, Tether will need to install a virtual network adapter on your computer; so there is a PC side install.
1) Install this application on your Android phone!
2) Install the Tether software on your PC. If your PC currently has an internet connection, you can download it here:
If your PC does NOT have an internet connection at the moment, start Tether for Android and use the Help button to easily download the PC software to your phone. You can then copy it to your PC and install!
Windows users will also need to install the USB/ADB driver for their phone. Tether's setup process will assist you through that step by step, or you can use the link below!
That's it! Connect your phone via USB to your PC, start Tether, and turn it on! Happy surfing!
If you have problems with Tether, please try the following first:
Disable Firewalls and Antivirus software.
Make sure you area not connected to the internet on wireless or ethernet.
Make sure you are using your OEM's USB data cable (and not just a charge cable).
If still not working, please contact email@example.com and provide the log from the Tether log window!
Tether is a 14 day trial. You will have full unfettered usage for 14 days, after which you will only be able to download 20MB a day. Please buy Tether Premium from the application's menu to unlock the full version and support future development!
Tether speeds slow?
Your USB speed is limited to the speed of the *slowest* peripheral you have connected. It is recommended you unplug any unnecessary/slow USB peripherals to get maximum Tether speeds.
Need a direct link to the Windows Drivers?
Applications that may interfere or cause installation issues with Tether on Windows:
Applications that may interfere with Tether on Mac:
Questions? Comments? Support? Just shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
On Huawei devices (maybe other devices, too) BusyBox is still needed
This app allows you to remove limitation that some operation impose on tethering and let you use mobile access point for tethering also for plan that doesn't include it on recent version of Android.
Follow the instruction in the application to apply the fix.
If the fix doesn't work try to install BusyBox and re-apply the fix.
If you want to contribute to the app you can:
- report a problem
- improve a translation
- add a translation
- donate to the developer (via PayPal)
- leave a review on the Play Store, if your review is not 5 stare please contact me via e-mail or at least leave a comment with your motivation
In any case you can contact me via e-mail at: email@example.com
Please take note that it can not work if your mobile provider (e.g. Sprint) removes tethering support from the firmware!
Important: You must start the configuration application and enable it explicitly!
This App has to be installed on the device that has the internet connection you want to share with another device.
* Notify when connected from clients
* Enable / Disable tethering
* Auto enable tethering on boot
* Widget of tethering info
* Copy of tethering info
* Share of tethering info
This application supports only WiFi tethering, it does not support Bluetooth and USB tethering.
Please send me your feedback via firstname.lastname@example.org or @tDroids on Twitter.
(Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Tethering isn't supported.)
USB tethering is more secure than the others!
*This widget will work on Android OS 2.2 or 2.3.
On newer version(OS 4.0~), this will also work if you set up USB tethering manually...
Please rate this app and review.:-)
The widget is active when the app is running and USB is connected.
In version 1.1 added data transfer rate.
In version 1.2 added data transfer rate widget.
Tag: tether, tethering, easy tether, simple tethering, USB tethering
Wifi hotspot, USB tethering, you connect to the Bluetooth tethering? Difficult
Difficult to set up via steps 4-5 you?
Now, here Tethering App that can connect quickly and easily to use.!
Will automatically recognize USB tethering connects quickly.
USB connection to establish a connection automatically when your
More about the app
Change screen brightness instantly, change ringer mode instantly, or maybe you want to enable WiFi which is done with just one click! Sometimes you need WiFi settings when you have found a new wifi spot, just drag up the WiFi button and there will be a link to the Wifi settings. This is the way the app works in general when using Bluetooth, GPS, NFC and many other functions. On top of the list, a switch button, drag the button up, and you will find the settings for that function on the bottom. Other great features are a mirror, ruler, screen light and LED light buttons that are as easy to find as the rest. Read the full list below. This app also works as a battery power saver because it always shows status of functions that drain the battery and lets you turn them off.
You can always access the buttons and shortcuts by either using the widget, getting the app from "recent apps menu", or by using the notification message! You don't have to leave the app that you are currently in!
Along with a super improved experience with your Android device, you get:
● Screen brightness (instant change) and settings
● Ringer mode (instant change) and settings
● Bluetooth switch, visibility mode, and settings
● Wifi switch and settings
● Mobile internet switch and settings
● GPS switch
● Airplane mode switch
● NFC switch
● LED light (flashlight) switch
● Share your internet via Bluetooth switch (tethering)
● Share your internet via Wi-Fi switch (tethering)
● Share your internet via USB switch (tethering)
● App list shortcut
● Accounts & Synchronize shortcut
● System settings shortcut
● Ruler with inches and centimeters
● Screen light (white light torch)
● Mirror (front camera) with night light and sunlight mode. Pause button.
All this in a clean but very powerful control of great tools available as:
★ Notification message
★ Lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
The buttons in these come preconfigured, but they can be customized through settings:
• Change order of buttons
• Remove buttons
• Add buttons
• Change theme, colors
This app comes in several themes with different background colours:
✓ Blue indicators with dark background
✓ Pink indicators with dark background
✓ Blue indicators with bright background
✓ Pink indicators with bright background
Also includes a battery indicator in the status bar with the features:
☆ Percentage status, 50% is shown as 50
☆ Coloured battery indicator, from green to red
☆ Possibility to remove this power indicator
* Send error report to us through the app
* Send suggestions to us through the app
* Send this app to your friends
* Link to rate our app
* Find our other apps
- Works on all homescreens, not restricted to Go Launcher (which was previously required to be able to use list views in the home screen) or any other "launcher". It is possible to resize the widget in most homescreens.
- Works on all devices, from small phones to big tablets!
- Automatically reads if your device does not support a feature. In that case, the buttons for that feature gets hidden, but still possible to add, through settings.
- Translated into more than 50 languages!
- The permissions that are used in this app are required for the features above to work.
- This app comes for free, please help us and share it with all your friends. Help us improve this app!
- This is the ultimate settings tool control widget, and was developed by sun light weather!
Note: Button mentioned in this text can be interpreted as toggle, switch, setting, shortcut
This widget is a lock screen widget to toggle Wi-Fi tethering.
- Toggle Wi-Fi tethering just one tap.
- Add to lock screen as a widget
- Add to home screen as a regular widget
- Restore Wi-Fi state when tethering is off
- Simple and clean
Only tested on Nexus 7 (2012) with custom ROM.
(Please let me know if it worked on other devices.)
This widget may not work If your device does not supprt Wi-Fi tethering.
- Simplify icon design
- Optimize widget layout
- One touch app with the simplest way.
- Tethering Toggler is a free tethering app for all tethering solutions.
- This application is a shortcut to Mobile AP (Wi-Fi hotspot), USB and Bluetooth Tethering..
- Compatibility: All mobiles having Android 2.2 and above.
- This application is just ONLY a shortcut. If your device DOES NOT SUPPORT Mobile AP (Wi-Fi hotspot) or USB or Bluetooth tethering, this application WILL NOT WORK.