Try out a set of included demos as well:
• Earth: Fly where your fancy takes you on Google Earth.
• Tour Guide: Visit Versailles with a local guide.
• YouTube: Watch popular YouTube videos on a massive screen.
• Exhibit: Examine cultural artifacts from every angle.
• Photo Sphere: Look around the photo spheres you've captured.
• Windy Day: Follow the story (and the hat) in this interactive animated short from Spotlight Stories.
To fully enjoy this app you'll need a Cardboard viewer. Learn more and get your own Cardboard viewer at http://g.co/cardboard. Share your experience through our Google+ community at http://g.co/cardboarddevs.
Do not use this app while driving, walking, or otherwise by being distracted or disoriented from real world situations that prevent you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
Tuscany Demo from Oculus Rift SDK for Android
Welcome to Tuscany!
Explore the beautiful Tuscany using the OpenDive / Dive glasses.
In this demo, you can move with a controller. Alternatively, you can look on the ground to activate or deactivate the auto-walk.
With a touch on the screen you can turn on more graphic effects. But therefore a powerful smartphone is required! A realistic impression is created by the use of headphones, and without disturbing ambient light.
The level is from the Oculus SDK and it is designed for more computing power than a smartphone can offer. So the frame rate can suffer.
Get your custom Cardboard at:
Get your Dive at:
The Tuscany demo has been provided by Oculus VR.
Works with Google Cardboard
I used the Unity game template "StarTrooper".
Supports all Android compatible HMDs with Gyroscope like:
Durovis Dive: www.durovis.com
Coogle Cardboard: http://g.co/cardboard
Samsung Gear VR: http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/03/samsung-gear-vr-oculus-ceo-brendan-iribe/
VReye GO: http://vrelia.com/vreyego/
A 3D environment enjoyable through cardboard VR. This environment contains some illuminated trees, houses, stalls, carts, rocks etc. Move your head 360 degree and enjoy!
for head mounted display solutions like Dive or others with Qualcomm's Augmented Reality SDK Vuforia.
Despite it's limited functionality, ViewR gives a slight impression of how it could feel to be robo cop :)
- Side by Side view in "binocular style" (a tiny bit like Oculus Rift)
- Use voice commands to control the app
- Apply different shaders for various image effects (for instance inverted colors, old film, etc.)
- Shows information in the right upper corner of the display (target information and data from gyro)
- Recognizes predefined targets that will expose 3D models and also play videos
- Manage camera functions: flash and continuous autofocus
- Take screenshots
- Walkera QR W100S FPV (slow)
- Virtual Compass
- "smart watch" target will show an augmented and interactive menu
- "ARena" target will expose a controllable robot (only tested with PS3 Controller)
- MTG trading card target will show a 3D bird (http://magiccards.info/scans/en/m12/165.jpg)
- (photographed) poster targets will play movie trailers and an interview (http://www.buelter.biz/viewr/targets)
- other poster targets will show a sword, a shield and a not yet animated zombie
- background of my not yet ready website will play a short ad (http://bit.ly/1aefcA0)
- Make targets available (either on screen or printed)
- Press ok and put on your HMD
- Look at target to execute an action
- Tap screen to apply another shader to the video background
- Double tap to access options menu
- Press back button to view about screen (twice to quit)
- Whistle/snap/clap to activate voice commands (if it works, you will hear a sound)
- Use "next" and "back" to switch between shaders
- "flash on" and "flash off" to toggle camera flash
- "autofocus on" and "autofocus off" to toggle continuous autofocus
- "focus" to immediately autofocus
- "screenshot", to save a screenshot to /sdcard/Android/data/biz.buelter.viewr/files
- "menu" to access options menu and "close" to close it again
- "launcher", starts the divegames launcher, if you have installed it
- "drone" and "camera" to switch between camera and Walkera QR W100S FPV (make sure you're connected to it)
- "compass on" and "compass off" to toggle compass,
- "exit" to terminate
- Seems not to work on GT-S5301L (got a crash report)
- FPV for Walkera QR W100s works slow
- Speech recognition will only work with Android >= 4.03
- Runs slow on old devices
- Positioning of targets in the scene does not work as well as in other vuforia apps
- Some shaders are far from perfect as I didn't want to go to deep into shader programming
Planned future features
- Proper video recording
- Target positioning like other Vuforia apps
- better latency and controls for Walkera FPV
Version 1.11 was tested on S4 with KitKat (works) and on S1 with ICS (very slow, voice control doesn't work) but technically voice recognition should work on all devices with Android >= 4.03
My buddy Nils Frenking (email@example.com), who helped a little with coding/inspiration here and there,
Eyedak for sending me a prototype of vrAse and
Shoogee for deploying the Durovis Dive so early, making it's "twin brother" open source
ViewR will not make use or even send any of your data anywhere (just in case you thought of it:))
Please keep in mind that this is experimental software which is published as a demo and feel free to contact me anytime for whatever reason:)
The major novelty in this application is the fusion of virtual sensors: "Improved Orientation Sensor 1" and "Improved Orientation Sensor 2" fuse the Android Rotation Vector with the virtual Gyroscope sensor to achieve a pose estimation with a previously unknown stability and precision.
Apart from these two sensors, the following sensors are available for comparison:
- Improved Orientation Sensor 1 (Sensor fusion of Android Rotation Vector and Calibrated Gyroscope - less stable but more accurate)
- Improved Orientation Sensor 2 (Sensor fusion of Android Rotation Vector and Calibrated Gyroscope - more stable but less accurate)
- Android Rotation Vector (Kalman filter fusion of Accelerometer + Gyroscope + Compass)
- Calibrated Gyroscope (Separate result of Kalman filter fusion of Accelerometer + Gyroscope + Compass)
- Gravity + Compass
- Accelerometer + Compass
- Deprecated Android Orientation Sensor (Complementary filter fusion of Accelerometer + Gyroscope + Compass)
The source code is publicly available and the link can be found in the About-section.
Don't have a Google Cardboard? You can still look around on the surface of the moon with a single screen! Tap the screen to see what your Google Cardboard view would look like!
Moon Texture thanks to http://www.planetpixelemporium.com!
Can also ber used with the cardboard!
Walk around inside a volcano landscape....
This is a demo for the Durovis Dive VR or Refugio 3D headset.
You need a bluetooth controller to walk around.
This app is a 3D stereoscopic simulation that requires the i-mmersive glasses. It has been developed to best be consumed with the i-mmersive glasses. You can order the glasses here: www.i-mmersive.net
ATTENTION! You will need the i-mmersive glasses to enjoy this simulation.
You can order the glasses here: www.i-mmersive.net.
If you want to know more about i-mmersive stereoscopic products visit our web site:
i-mmersive glasses available here: www.i-mmersive.net
You can change the following settings:
- custom time of day (with option to follow current time of day);
- different seasons;
- different camera modes and speed;
- customizable characters, butterflies and effects;
- head-tracking using gyroscope;
- fish-eye view to adjust view for lenses of VR headset.
Application requires gyroscope and is designed to work with virtual reality kits like Google Cardboard, Durovis Dive or Stooksy VR-Spektiv.
The Lantern Festival is celebrated in many orient countries, including China, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia. During the festival, people launch paper lanterns both to the sky and to the water.
- head-tracking using gyroscope;
- customizable amount of lanterns;
- full day-night cycle;
- fish-eye view to adjust view for lenses of VR headset.
Works with Google Cardboard.
What's Google Cardboard?
Cardboard is a low-cost, easy-to-get virtual reality viewer that transforms a phone into a basic VR headset. Learn more about Google Cardboard at http://g.co/cardboard
Get the free app and become instantly immersed in a growing selection of AR and VR experiences on your phone. Currently, you can experience your application in three different modes: Normal, AR, and VR.
Note: Some applications require additional memory and RAM than others. In case the demo does not launch, be sure close all open apps to free up memory.
This is the default mode and does not require additional devices to run the application. Simply navigate and interact directly on your screen.
Augmented Reality Mode (AR)
The Augmented Reality application uses your device’s camera to display interactive 3D models with motion tracking. To experience this content in Augmented Reality, (AR Mode), download and print the Tracker Image Marker from the Google Play Store listing and orient your device's camera toward it. The Tracker Image Marker works best when flat on a table. You can also download marker here: http://goo.gl/oLgJGj
Immersive VR Mode (VR)
To experience this content in Virtual Reality, (VR mode), insert the device in a VR case. Ensure the device fits and uses gyro tracking for best use. No controllers are needed. Simply use your head to look around.
Compatible Virtual Reality Android headsets: Zeiss VR ONE, DoDo Case VR, Google Cardboard, HOMIDO, Durovis Dive, Fibrum etc.
How does EON Experience VR work?
The EON Experience VR is an application similar to Nextflix, News apps, etc. This means stable internet connection is required to enable proper functionality. EON Experience VR gives you access to a growing number of free AR and VR applications. Browse a growing selection of titles, as new Experiences are added regularly. Content inside the EON Experience VR app will continue to update with more applications,. Simply stay up-to-date and be on the lookout for more applications coming soon!
About EON Reality
EON Reality Inc. is the world leader in Virtual Reality based knowledge transfer for industry, education, and edutainment and is now enabling the ability to publish EON applications to mobile devices. See more at www.eonreality.com.
It makes possible to experiment VR content using head tracking of smartphone.
Main features :
* Controlling the camera automatically using each sensor of iOS and Android.
* Switchable On/Off stereogram view.
* Very simple structure, anyone can use right away."
* Unity4.5 or later
* iOS6 or later
* Android4.2 or later
* Additionally, Cardboard SDK is required for Android app build.
How to use :
1.Install this app.
2. Startup the app with LandScapemode.
3. The view follows to your head's moving.
4. You can switch On/Off stereogram view, with the tapping "Switch" button.
5. You can reset the default camera position, with the tapping "Reset" button.
Capptain is an SaaS platform for app developers, providing analytics, real-time monitoring and CRM/push capabilities.
Get apps insights. Improve quality of service. Keep in touch with your end-users.
To use this application:
- create an account on Capptain (http://app.capptain.com) and sign in
- go to the "Demonstration application(s)" project
- select the "Capptain Demo Application (Android)" application
- go to the Monitor tab
- start this demo app and see what you are doing with the app in realtime!
Capptain, Pilot Your Apps.
The mathematics behind the Iterazer are so called iterated function systems, but used completely different than what they were originally intended for.
You can find a basic help at http://iterazer.com/help.
There are some known bugs and most likely some unknown.
• Closing the app and reopening it immediately results in a force close on some devices. Reopening again works normally.
• Opening a project while images are still loading corrupts the scene and leads to unexpected behaviour. Please wait for all images to load before you open a project.
Optimized for Intel x86 mobile devices.
Weaver reached the final round of the Intel App Innovation Contest 2013 as one of five games worldwide. More information about the game is available at http://prefrontalcortex.de/weaver!
• made for any age
• non-violent gameplay
• realistic web building
• support for up to 10 players simultaneously
• levels with a distinct look and feel
• charming soundtrack
• accurate spider movement using custom algorithms
• stunning graphics built with 3ds max and Unity3D
Don't forget to turn on sound - the moh will sing you a song!
You can download the christmas card at
mohworld.com and print it out. You can also use a 5-, 10- oder 20-Euro note.
More information: mohworld.com