Try out a set of included demos as well:
• Earth: Fly where your fancy takes you on Google Earth.
• Tour Guide: Visit Versailles with a local guide.
• YouTube: Watch popular YouTube videos on a massive screen.
• Exhibit: Examine cultural artifacts from every angle.
• Photo Sphere: Look around the photo spheres you've captured.
• Windy Day: Follow the story (and the hat) in this interactive animated short from Spotlight Stories.
To fully enjoy this app you'll need a Cardboard viewer. Learn more and get your own Cardboard viewer at http://g.co/cardboard. Share your experience through our Google+ community at http://g.co/cardboarddevs.
Do not use this app while driving, walking, or otherwise by being distracted or disoriented from real world situations that prevent you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
Tuscany Demo from Oculus Rift SDK for Android
Welcome to Tuscany!
Explore the beautiful Tuscany using the OpenDive / Dive glasses.
In this demo, you can move with a controller. Alternatively, you can look on the ground to activate or deactivate the auto-walk.
With a touch on the screen you can turn on more graphic effects. But therefore a powerful smartphone is required! A realistic impression is created by the use of headphones, and without disturbing ambient light.
The level is from the Oculus SDK and it is designed for more computing power than a smartphone can offer. So the frame rate can suffer.
Get your Dive at:
The Tuscany demo has been provided by Oculus VR.
Works with Google Cardboard
for head mounted display solutions like Dive or others with Qualcomm's Augmented Reality SDK Vuforia.
Despite it's limited functionality, ViewR gives a slight impression of how it could feel to be robo cop :)
- Side by Side view in "binocular style" (a tiny bit like Oculus Rift)
- Use voice commands to control the app
- Apply different shaders for various image effects (for instance inverted colors, old film, etc.)
- Shows information in the right upper corner of the display (target information and data from gyro)
- Recognizes predefined targets that will expose 3D models and also play videos
- Manage camera functions: flash and continuous autofocus
- Take screenshots
- Walkera QR W100S FPV (slow)
- Virtual Compass
- "smart watch" target will show an augmented and interactive menu
- "ARena" target will expose a controllable robot (only tested with PS3 Controller)
- MTG trading card target will show a 3D bird (http://magiccards.info/scans/en/m12/165.jpg)
- (photographed) poster targets will play movie trailers and an interview (http://www.buelter.biz/viewr/targets)
- other poster targets will show a sword, a shield and a not yet animated zombie
- background of my not yet ready website will play a short ad (http://bit.ly/1aefcA0)
- Make targets available (either on screen or printed)
- Press ok and put on your HMD
- Look at target to execute an action
- Tap screen to apply another shader to the video background
- Double tap to access options menu
- Press back button to view about screen (twice to quit)
- Whistle/snap/clap to activate voice commands (if it works, you will hear a sound)
- Use "next" and "back" to switch between shaders
- "flash on" and "flash off" to toggle camera flash
- "autofocus on" and "autofocus off" to toggle continuous autofocus
- "focus" to immediately autofocus
- "screenshot", to save a screenshot to /sdcard/Android/data/biz.buelter.viewr/files
- "menu" to access options menu and "close" to close it again
- "launcher", starts the divegames launcher, if you have installed it
- "drone" and "camera" to switch between camera and Walkera QR W100S FPV (make sure you're connected to it)
- "compass on" and "compass off" to toggle compass,
- "exit" to terminate
- Seems not to work on GT-S5301L (got a crash report)
- FPV for Walkera QR W100s works slow
- Speech recognition will only work with Android >= 4.03
- Runs slow on old devices
- Positioning of targets in the scene does not work as well as in other vuforia apps
- Some shaders are far from perfect as I didn't want to go to deep into shader programming
Planned future features
- Proper video recording
- Target positioning like other Vuforia apps
- better latency and controls for Walkera FPV
Version 1.11 was tested on S4 with KitKat (works) and on S1 with ICS (very slow, voice control doesn't work) but technically voice recognition should work on all devices with Android >= 4.03
My buddy Nils Frenking (firstname.lastname@example.org), who helped a little with coding/inspiration here and there,
Eyedak for sending me a prototype of vrAse and
Shoogee for deploying the Durovis Dive so early, making it's "twin brother" open source
ViewR will not make use or even send any of your data anywhere (just in case you thought of it:))
Please keep in mind that this is experimental software which is published as a demo and feel free to contact me anytime for whatever reason:)
I used the Unity game template "StarTrooper".
Supports all Android compatible HMDs with Gyroscope like:
Durovis Dive: www.durovis.com
Coogle Cardboard: http://g.co/cardboard
Samsung Gear VR: http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/03/samsung-gear-vr-oculus-ceo-brendan-iribe/
VReye GO: http://vrelia.com/vreyego/
This app is a 3D stereoscopic simulation that requires the i-mmersive glasses. It has been developed to best be consumed with the i-mmersive glasses. You can order the glasses here: www.i-mmersive.net
ATTENTION! You will need the i-mmersive glasses to enjoy this simulation.
You can order the glasses here: www.i-mmersive.net.
If you want to know more about i-mmersive stereoscopic products visit our web site:
i-mmersive glasses available here: www.i-mmersive.net
The major novelty in this application is the fusion of virtual sensors: "Improved Orientation Sensor 1" and "Improved Orientation Sensor 2" fuse the Android Rotation Vector with the virtual Gyroscope sensor to achieve a pose estimation with a previously unknown stability and precision.
Apart from these two sensors, the following sensors are available for comparison:
- Improved Orientation Sensor 1 (Sensor fusion of Android Rotation Vector and Calibrated Gyroscope - less stable but more accurate)
- Improved Orientation Sensor 2 (Sensor fusion of Android Rotation Vector and Calibrated Gyroscope - more stable but less accurate)
- Android Rotation Vector (Kalman filter fusion of Accelerometer + Gyroscope + Compass)
- Calibrated Gyroscope (Separate result of Kalman filter fusion of Accelerometer + Gyroscope + Compass)
- Gravity + Compass
- Accelerometer + Compass
- Deprecated Android Orientation Sensor (Complementary filter fusion of Accelerometer + Gyroscope + Compass)
The source code is publicly available and the link can be found in the About-section.
Weaver reached the final round of the Intel App Innovation Contest 2013 as one of five games worldwide. More information about the game is available at http://prefrontalcortex.de/weaver!
• made for any age
• non-violent gameplay
• realistic web building
• support for up to 10 players simultaneously
• levels with a distinct look and feel
• charming soundtrack
• accurate spider movement using custom algorithms
• stunning graphics built with 3ds max and Unity3D
The mathematics behind the Iterazer are so called iterated function systems, but used completely different than what they were originally intended for.
You can find a basic help at http://iterazer.com/help.
There are some known bugs and most likely some unknown.
• Closing the app and reopening it immediately results in a force close on some devices. Reopening again works normally.
• Opening a project while images are still loading corrupts the scene and leads to unexpected behaviour. Please wait for all images to load before you open a project.
Optimized for Intel x86 mobile devices.
Don't forget to turn on sound - the moh will sing you a song!
You can download the christmas card at
mohworld.com and print it out. You can also use a 5-, 10- oder 20-Euro note.
More information: mohworld.com