Route of 3000 kilometres / 1800 miles
More than half of them are stone or ground roads, going through mountain passes, villages stuck in time, crossing rivers, cloughs and deep gorges. The paved roads only make the connection to the next wild area and provide the possibility to restore supplies. The route is divided into 13 chapters with descriptions and photos. The difficult sections are highlighted, along with places worth visiting and suggestions for overnight accommodation.
Nature is uncovered on the wandering routes through the mountains, from the Danube Cauldrons to the Poiana Ruscă Mountains, from the Gorge of Bicaz to the Mountains of Nemira and from the Clough of the river Olt (unpaved road) to Strategica Roadway of Latoriței Mountains (over 2000 meters / 6500 feet high). Famous touristic attractions are not overlooked, such as the fortresses of Sighișoara, Rupea, Bran; the Monasteries of Moldavia, the wooden churches of Maramureș or the fortified churches of Transylvania.
- the starting point, total length, statistics of the roads and the difficulty
- navigation feature with nigth mode option
- download the maps for the routes
- detailed description of the route
- contact details from the accommodations
- details and photos of the recommended sights
Enjoy the ride!