This app is dedicated to our EDU Members.
** World Young Reader Prize 2015 (Editorial) - World Association of Newspapers (WAN-IFRA) **
** Teachers' Choice Award 2015 **
** The first bilingual news app for kids! **
** An excellent way to incorporate daily current events into your classroom – Common Sense Media **
** Best App for Teaching & Learning by AASL **
** Common Core State Standards Aligned **
Whether your students enjoy reading about sports, science, world news, or wacky events, News-O-Matic delivers what’s making the news! Our mission is to make learning more engaging, active, and personal.
This nonfiction reading comprehension app publishes five news stories each weekday! The stories range in length and difficulty to create opportunities for differentiated instruction. Readers learn what happened on this date in history through an educational game and write or draw to Editor-in-Chief Russ in the News Room. Each edition gives you access to a Teacher’s Guide.
Each daily edition features:
* Five dynamic news articles
* Rich and detailed images, videos, and illustrations
* Informative maps relating the user to the location of every story
* News Room for drawing or asking questions about the news
* An interactive history-based timeline
* Puzzles, games, fun facts, and many other elements for discovery
* Audio support for challenging vocabulary and full stories read aloud
* Multiple Lexile reading levels
* Custom assessment questions
* Multilingual articles (English, Spanish & French)
* Multilingual Read to Me (English, Spanish & French)
* Save or print articles
* Highlight text
* Access to 10 past editions
News-O-Matic is 100% ad-free.
Written by experienced journalists and educators, News-O-Matic is used in schools around the world! All articles are reviewed by a child psychologist before publication to ensure emotionally safe content.
The News-O-Matic Teacher’s Guide includes questions related to the text and suggested discussion prompts. It provides ideas and activities to serve as a springboard to enrich learning.
The publisher of this daily news application is Press4Kids, Inc.
To learn more about us, please visit us at www.press4Kids.com