"This app has all features I need . After I tried a few other apps, I am very happy when i found this one and been using it since " - Ben
"I think this app is wonderful. It has helped me keep track of my fasting days accurately" - Matt
MyFast Fasting App Features Include:
• Simple, Clean, Clutter-Free Timer
• Unlimited Fast Lengths
• 12 hour and 24 hour Clock Format
• Pop-Up Notification when target fast is completed
• Add, edit, and delete completed fasts
• Backed up data, synced across all Android and IOS devices
• Track your weight loss
• Charted Progress
• Track Water and Notes during your fast
• English, Spanish, German, French, and Portuguese language options
• Educational Section with all you need to know to become a IF expert
What Is Intermittent Fasting?
What usually comes to mind when most people hear of Intermittent Fasting (IF), is that it is just another crazy fad diet to lose weight with little effort. However, it isn't a diet at all, but rather an eating pattern. It’s not what you eat, but when you eat it that is important.
Depending on what type of fasting you schedule, you generally will have a time window where you are allowed to eat all the food you want. As soon as that window is over though, you don't eat ANYTHING until the window comes up again. For example, a common approach is 16 hour fasts with an 8 hour eating window every day.
There are dozens of different type of fasting diets, and with MyFast you can utilize any of them such as:
• Intermittent Fasting
• Full Fast - (water or juice only)
• The Daniel Fast - (water, juice, fruits and vegetables only)
• 5:2 - (eat normal for 5 days, and IF the remaining 2)
• Leangains - (combines daily 16 hour fast/8 hour feed windows with weight lifting)
• The Warrior Diet - ( Fast all day with one large overindulged meal, essentially 20/4 hour eat window)
• Alternative Day Diet - (every other day you will be fasting for 24 hours.)
• 3-Day Fast
• Partial Fast
• Eat Stop Eat Intermittent Fasting Methods
• Dr Jason Fung Fast
How does it work?
The body has two states, a fed and a fasting. You enter the fasting state about 8-12 hours after your last meal. In this fasting state, it is much easier to burn fat because your body has nothing else to pull energy from except your fat stores.
Insulin inhibits the breakdown of your fat storages. After a meal, your insulin levels are highest and are telling the body to store the extra energy as fat.
Basically, keeping your body in a fasted state for longer periods, as done in IF, will help you to burn off fat that you otherwise couldn't.
Why should I fast?
When you think about it, humans have probably been intermittent fasting for the majority of our existence. Cavemen weren't eating every 3 hours to keep their metabolism burning, however this is not a valid scientific reason for fasting.
IF has lots of scientifically studied benefits associated with it. The main one is weight loss, specifically from your fat reserves. Other science shows reduced risks of diseases, anti-cancer, longer lifespans, better heart health, reduced inflammation, reduced insulin resistance, Alzheimer’s prevention, increased growth hormone, etc.
On top of that, it simply makes your life easier. When you don't have to worry about eating 6x a day, you can relax and focus on your daily tasks and goals. It's hard to be productive when every other hour your body starts reminding you too eat, but with IF you take the control back.
Medical Disclaimer: MyFast is offered for educational and entertainment purposes only, and in no way intends to diagnose, cure, or treat any medical or other condition. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to changing your diet or exercise plan and ask your physician any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Although we do our best to verify the accuracy of information contained herein, we cannot guarantee its accuracy.