Do you want to win real rewards, Robux and other gaming currencies by playing games and trivia? Prickly Bear is a brand new app that rewards you for playing games. Collect Bearbux as you play and spend them on rewards you love. Over 400,000 Robux have been redeemed on Prickly Bear!
“The more I play, the more I earn. I’m saving up my Bearbux for gaming currency and prizes” - Ayen, 11
"I love how you can earn Bearbux to spend on rewards like Robux and physical items like Lego sets." - Guy, 9
Prickly Bear is a learn-to-earn app that helps spark a life-long love of learning. Kids discover subjects – from levelling up on coding, to getting down with the Romans – while pocketing virtual currency for some of their favourite games (think: Robux, V-Bucks and more!). Rewards provide a continuous incentive that sets kids up on a virtuous learning circle.
We believe that screens shouldn’t have to be the enemy. Instead, let’s use the strengths of digital technology to inspire a lifelong love of learning in kids.
How does Prickly Bear work?
Having Prickly Bear in your pocket is just like having the world’s coolest teacher around – you know, the one that the kids are always talking about. Here's how it works:
1. Sign up and go. Kids sign up, pick a snazzy avatar and start an epic learning adventure. With 70+ hours of cool courses to choose from, there’s bound to be something that gets them excited.
2. Earning by learning. The more time they spend learning and the more courses they complete, the more Bearbux kids will earn. Bearbux is a form of virtual cash that can only be redeemed in certain games that kids love, and which are 100% Prickly-Bear-certified.
3. Exchanging Bearbux. It’s super-easy to convert Bearbux directly into gaming currencies like Robux, V Bucks, Minecoins and more. Once the currencies are in their gamer account, kids can now spend that currency on cool stuff in their chosen game.
Prickly Bear is a neuroscience-backed learning app that helps kids to tap into their potential, and parents to tap out for a while.
- Reward without punishment: Studies have shown that children learn from rewards rather than from punishment. That's why Prickly Bear offers varying degrees of reward to encourage greater effort and determination.
- Recall and retrieval practices: Learning is a matter of recall. Research shows that deliberately recalling information enhances learning and memory formation. Prickly Bear uses proven retrieval practices in our courses to help kids learn and remember more.
- Failure, success, and experience: Learning from experience is fundamental for children. In fact studies show that it's even more effective than learning from instruction. Prickly Bear creates a safe environment for kids to try, fail, and then help them succeed the next time.
- Self-reflection and alternating brain states: Research shows that learning and development requires a balance between external attention and internal reflection. By tapping into both focused and diffuse brain states, Prickly Bear's courses allow kids to develop healthy learning habits.
Learning doesn’t need to be dry and formulaic. Prickly Bear is on a mission to take the grumbling and moaning out of learning – by making it fun. With Prickly Bear having opened your kid’s eyes to the magic of learning, you can feel positive about allowing screen time again — which means more peace and quiet for you!
Disclaimer: Please note the Prickly Bear app is for educational purposes and does not provide any opportunities for winning monetary prizes.
Install Prickly Bear today!